AFCAT 2021 Apply Online : AFCAT 2021 Notification will be released in September 2020 and online application forms are invited from 1st December 2020 and the last date of registration is 30th Dec 2020. Indian Air Force will conduct AFCAT twice a year, February and August/ September respectively for the selection of Class I Gazetted Officers in Flying and Ground Duties (Technical & Non-Technical).
- AFCAT is an entrance exam for both male and female candidates for Air Force Short Service Commission Flying Branch and Permanent Commission/Short Service Commission Ground Duties (Technical & Non-Technical).
- The selection will be based on the AFCAT exam merit and Air Force Selection Board Interview (AFSB).
- Candidates opting for Ground Duty have to appear in both AFCAT and EKT (Engineering Knowledge Test).
Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) 2021 will be held in online mode. Eligible candidates are required to register online through either careerindianairforce.cdac.in OR afcat.cdac.in. Interested candidates should know about AFCAT details such as date of release of official notification, eligibility criteria, no. of vacancies, pay scale, fee structure, how to apply, online examination scheme & syllabus, call letter, result, etc.
AFCAT 2021 Notification
Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) 2021 notification will be released on the IAF’s official website. Interested candidates must check eligibility conditions and submit the online application form to appear in the AFCAT selection process.
Download AFCAT 2021 Notification Pdf
No. Of Vacancies
As per the official notification, the total number of vacancies is 182. However, this number is tentative. To know branches-wise number of vacancies, refer to official advertisement.
AFCAT Events & Dates
|Examination Name||AFCAT 2021 (I) Aug/Sep||AFCAT 2021 (II) Feb|
|Exam Body||Indian Air Force (IAF)|
|No. of vacancies||182|
|Start of Application Form||1 Dec 2020||15 June 2021|
|Application Form Last Date||30 Dec 2020||14 July 2021|
|Admit Card||4 Feb 2021||4 Sep 2021|
|Date of Exam||22-23 Feb 2021||19-20 Sep 2021|
|Final Result||16 March 2021||Oct 2021|
|Selection Procedure||AFCAT exam, AFSB Interview and Medical Test|
|Apply online at||www.careerindianairforce.cdac.in|
AFCAT 2021 Branches
AFCAT 2021 exercise will be done to intake candidates in the following branches:
|Meteorology Branch||Ground Duty (Non- Technical)|
|NCC Special Entry||Flying|
|AFCAT Entry||Ground Duty (Non- Technical) |
Ground Duty (Technical)
AFCAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Age (As on 1st July 2020)
|Branch||Minimum age||Maximum age|
|Ground Duty (Technical/Non-Technical)||20||26|
Note -Maximum age for candidates having valid & current CPL is 26 years.
For Ground Duty (Technical)
Passed graduation course in any discipline with at least 60% marks and have Mathematics and Physics at class 12th / intermediate OR obtained 60% marks in section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institute Engineers or Aeronautical Society of India OR have a 4 years’ graduation degree in Technology or Engineering
For Ground Duty (Non-Technical)
Passed graduation course in any discipline with at least 60% marks OR obtained 60% marks in section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institute Engineers or Aeronautical Society of India
For Flying Branch
Passed graduation course in any discipline with at least 60% marks and have Mathematics and Physics at class 12th / intermediate OR B.Tech / B.E. or obtained 60% marks in section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institute Engineers or Aeronautical Society of India
AFCAT 2021 Application Fee
Applicants registering for AFCAT entry are required to pay an amount of Rs. 250/- as examination fee. There is no fee for candidates registering for Meteorology entry and NCC Special entry.
Candidates registering for AFCAT entry are required to pay the fee online by using any of the available payment options.
AFCAT 2021 Application Form
Candidates applying for either AFCAT entry or NCC Special entry or Meteorology Branch are required to register online at the official website: www.careerindianairforce.cdac.in OR www.afcat.cdac.in. The process is given below:
- Open Career page of Indian Air Force
- Click on tab ‘Candidate Login’
- You will see a new login page
- Enter your Email ID, password & text shown in image
- Click on ‘login’ tab
- Now, click on the ‘Apply Now’ tab
- Select the branch preference
- Select exam center, subject, and further options
- Upload scanned copies of your photo & signature in the prescribed format
- Click on the ‘Submit’ tab
- Make the payment if you have registered for AFCAT entry
- Print your application form and keep it safe for future reference
AFCAT 2021 Scheme Of Exam
- There will be an online examination of 2 hours and consist of multiple-choice questions from subjects/topics – military aptitude, general awareness, reasoning, numerical & verbal ability.
- Candidates registered for ground duty (technical) branches are required to appear in Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT). It will be of 45 minutes and held just after AFCAT.
AFCAT 2021 Subject-wise Syllabus
|Verbal Ability||In this section, MCQs will be asked to test an applicant’s English. This section will have questions on the topics like error detection, testing of vocabulary, synonyms, comprehension, sentence completion, antonyms etc|
|Numerical ability||MCQs will be from the topics like simple interest, decimal fraction problems, profit & loss, percentage, average, simplification, ration & proportion etc|
|General Awareness||Questions will be from topics such as national, international current affairs, history, geography, basic science, civics, politics, art etc|
|Reasoning and Military aptitude||It includes MCQs on verbal skills and spatial abilities|
AFSB stands for Air Force Selection Board, candidates qualified in AFCAT will be called by AFSB to judge and ascertain the applicant’s potential and suitability respectively. AFSB testing will be done in two stages – Stage I & II. Stage I will be a screening test and distributed in two separate tests – Officer Intelligence rating Test & picture perception & discussion test.
Candidates qualified in Stage I test will undergo Stage II test. Stage II testing will be distributed in four separate test sessions:
- Psychological Tests
- Group tests
- Computerized Pilot Selection System (CPSS) test (only for applicants who have applied for flying branch)
Candidates recommended by the Selection Board will have to undergo a medical examination to be conducted by the Institute of Aviation Medicine, Bengaluru, or Air Force Central Medical Establishment (AFCME), New Delhi.
The final section of candidates will be done on the basis of the All India merit list. List will be prepared after considering all participants’ performance in written test and AFSB interview.
AFCAT 2021 Admit Card
AFCAT 2021 Admit card would be issued in upcoming months on the official website. To download, an AFCAT 2021 registered candidate has to follow a few below-mentioned steps:
- Open official website
- Go to the ‘Career’ section
- Click on tab ‘Candidate Login’
- Enter and submit the required details
- Click on ‘Download Admit Card’ tab
- Print admit card
AFCAT 2021 Result
AFCAT result 2021 will be declared on the official website for each stage of examination. Candidates can check AFCAT result on the official website of the Air Force.