AFCAT 2018 Apply Online & Application Form : We have good news for those Indian candidates who want to have an adventurous career. Indian Air Force is going to conduct AFCAT 2018. Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) 2018 will be held at several centres in online mode in upcoming months. Eligible candidates are required to register online through either careerindianairforce.cdac.in OR afcat.cdac.in. The last date to submit online application is July 15th, 2018. Before applying online, interested candidates should aware of few important things such as date of release of official notification, eligibility criteria, no. of vacancies, pay scale, fee structure, how to apply, online examination scheme & syllabus, call letter, result etc.
AFCAT 2018 Notification & No. Of Vacancies
Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) 2018 official notification is released and available on IAF’s official website. To read or download it now, click here.
As per official notification, total number of vacancies is 182. However, this number is tentative. To know branches-wise number of vacancies, refer to official advertisement.
|Examination name||Air Force Common Admission Online Test (AFCAT) 2018|
|Conducted by||Indian Air Force (IAF)|
|No. of vacancies||182|
|Online applications will open and closes on||June 16th to July 15th, 2018|
|Admit card will be issued from||To be announced|
|Date of Exam||To be announced|
|Final results shall be announced on||To be announced|
|Selection procedure||AFCAT exam, AFSB Interview and Medical Test|
|Apply online at||www.careerindianairforce.cdac.in|
AFCAT 2018 Branches
AFCAT 2018 exercise will be done to intake candidates in the following branches:
|Meteorology Branch||Ground Duty (Non- Technical)|
|NCC Special Entry||Flying|
|AFCAT Entry||Ground Duty (Non- Technical) |
Ground Duty (Technical)
AFCAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Age (As on 1st July 2019)
|Branch||Minimum age||Maximum age|
|Ground Duty (Technical/Non-Technical)||20||26|
Note-Maximum age for candidates having valid & current CPL is 26 years.
- For Ground duty (technical)- Passed graduation course in any discipline with at least 60% marks and have Mathematics and Physics at class 12th / intermediate OR obtained 60% marks in section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institute Engineers or Aeronautical Society of India OR have a 4 years’ graduation degree in Technology or Engineering
- For Ground duty (non-technical)- Passed graduation course in any discipline with at least 60% marks OR obtained 60% marks in section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institute Engineers or Aeronautical Society of India
- For Flying branch- Passed graduation course in any discipline with at least 60% marks and have Mathematics and Physics at class 12th / intermediate OR B.Tech / B.E. or obtained 60% marks in section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institute Engineers or Aeronautical Society of India
AFCAT 2018 Application Fee & Mode Of Payment
Applicants registering for AFCAT entry are required to pay an amount of Rs. 250/- as examination fee. There is no fee for candidates registering for Meteorology entry and NCC Special entry.
Candidates registering for AFCAT entry are required to pay fee online by using any of the available payment options.
AFCAT 2018 Application Form & Process
Candidates applying for either AFCAT entry or NCC Special entry or Meteorology Branch are required to register online at official website: www.careerindianairforce.cdac.in OR www.afcat.cdac.in. The process is given below:
- Open Career page of Indian Air Force
- Click on tab ‘Candidate Login’
- You will see a new login page
- Enter your Email ID, password & text shown in image
- Click on ‘login’ tab
- Now, click on the ‘Apply Now’ tab
- Select the branch preference
- Select exam centre, subject and further options
- Upload scanned copies of your photo & signature in the prescribed format
- Click on ‘Submit’ tab
- Make the payment if you have registered for AFCAT entry
- Print your application form and keep it safe for future reference
AFCAT 2018 Scheme Of Examination & Selection Procedure
Firstly, there will be an online examination to be held at several centres. It will be of 2 hours and have multiple choice questions on the following subjects / topics- military aptitude, general awareness, reasoning, numerical & verbal ability. Candidates registered for ground duty (technical) branch are required to appear in Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT). It will be of 45 minutes and held just after AFCAT.
AFCAT 2018 Subject-wise Syllabus
|Verbal Ability||In this section, MCQs will be asked to test an applicant’s English. This section will have questions on the topics like error detection, testing of vocabulary, synonyms, comprehension, sentence completion, antonyms etc|
|Numerical ability||MCQs will be from the topics like simple interest, decimal fraction problems, profit & loss, percentage, average, simplification, ration & proportion etc|
|General Awareness||Questions will be from topics such as national, international current affairs, history, geography, basic science, civics, politics, art etc|
|Reasoning and Military aptitude||It includes MCQs on verbal skills and spatial abilities|
AFSB stands for Air Force Selection Board. Candidates qualified in AFCAT will be called by AFSB to judge and ascertain applicant’s potential and suitability respectively. AFSB testing will be done in two stages- Stage I & II. Stage I will be a screening test and distributed in two separate tests- Officer Intelligence rating Test & picture perception & discussion test.
Candidates qualified in Stage I test will undergo Stage II test. Stage II testing will be distributed in four separate test sessions:
- Psychological Tests
- Group tests
- Computerized Pilot Selection System (CPSS) test (only for applicants who have applied for flying branch)
Candidates recommended by the selection Board will have to undergo a medical examination to be conducted by Institute of Aviation Medicine, Bengaluru or Air Force Central Medical Establishment (AFCME), New Delhi. Final section of candidates will be done on the basis of All India merit list. List will be prepared after considering all participants’ performance in written test and AFSB interview.
AFCAT 2018 Admit Card
Admit card for AFCAT 2018 would be issued in upcoming months on the official website. To download, an AFCAT 2018 registered candidate has to follow few below-mentioned steps:
- Open official website
- Go to ‘Career’ section
- Click on tab ‘Candidate Login’
- Enter and submit the required details
- Click on ‘Download Admit Card’ tab
- Print admit card
AFCAT 2018 Result
Date of final result declaration is still not been announced. However, it is cleared that AFCAT conducting authorities will announce separate result for each stage examination.
Note : For more details, please refer to official notification available on Indian Air Force website.
We wish you Best of Luck for Air Force Common Admission Online Test (AFCAT) 2018