AILET 2019 Registration :
AILET stands for All India Law Entrance Test. This test is conducted by the National Law University (NLU) located at Delhi. The institution holds the pride of being a premier institution for legal education in India. The institute offers B.A. LLB (Hons.), LLM and Ph. D Courses. Admissions to these courses are done by the university on the basis of the merit secured by the applicants in AILET test. The test is conducted by the university in the month of May every year, for admission of students to these courses in the same year.
In general, the university conducts this test for filling up around 80 seats for the UG course, 40 seats for the PG course and around 5 seats for the Ph. D course. The AILET 2019 test will be conducted in nearly 21 cities across India.
AILET 2019 Important Dates
As far as 2019 AILET is concerned, the NLU, Delhi has not issued any notification. As the examination will be conducted tentatively in the month of May 2019, here are some tentative dates to help candidates planning to apply for AILET 2019.
|S. No.||Details||Tentative Dates|
|1||Admission Notice||January 2019|
|2||Application Process||From January to April|
|3||Last Date for Submission of Application||First Week of April 2019|
|4||Availability of Admit Cards||Second Week of April 2019|
|5||Date of AILET 2019||First Week of May 2019|
AILET 2019 Notification
As the examination is generally conducted in the first Sunday of the month of May every year, the university issues the official notification in the month of January every year. In addition to publishing the notification in the official website, the university also notifies about the issue of notification in leading newspapers in the country.
AILET 2019 Eligibility
The eligibility requirements to be met by NLU, Delhi applicants for different courses are as follows:
For B.A. LLB. (Hons.) (Five-year) course
To apply to this programme, the applicants must have completed their senior secondary school examination in the 10+2 system or its equivalent system of education. They should have secured at least 50% of marks in the higher secondary. Candidates appearing for their class XII in the month of March/April 2019 are also eligible to apply. However, their admission will be provisional and it will confirm only when they complete their higher secondary with the required percentage of marks.
LLM (one-year) Course
Applicants must have completed their LLB or its equivalent course with at least 55% of marks. The required percentage is 50% for candidates from SC/ST and physically-challenged candidates. Those appearing in the final year of their law degree course in April/May 2019 can also apply. The admission will be on the same rule as B.A. LLB. (Hons.).
Ph. D Course
The applicants must have completed their LLM course with at least 55% of marks. The applicable percentage for reserved category candidates is 50%. For detailed eligibility requirement for Ph. D course, candidates planning to apply can visit the official website of the NLU, Delhi.
AILET 2019 Application Form
Interested candidates will have to apply only online through the official website of the university at www.nludelhi.ac.in.
Minimum requirements to apply online
As mentioned earlier, interested candidates can apply only online. But, before they begin the online application process, candidates should have the following details ready.
- A Valid Email Address
- A Valid Mobile phone number
- Scanned copy of Photograph either in .bmp, .gif or .jpg format. The size should not be more than 150 KB. The photograph should cover the face of the candidate in 75% space. When applying, candidates should check whether the photo has been rightly uploaded or not before they proceed on with the next step. There are chances of disqualification if the photo is not correctly uploaded.
AILET 2019 – How To Apply?
- Candidates will find a link called “Register to Apply Now” in the official website of NLU, Delhi once the application process begins
- Candidates are recommended to go through the reservation guidelines, selection process and eligibility requirements before applying. They should apply only if they meet the eligibility requirements
- In the user registration form, the applicant will have to provide all the required details
- Once, all details are entered, they will have to enter the confirm button for confirming the registration
- They can now login using the login credentials they get after registering with the NLU, Delhi
- Once they login, they will find a display that shows “Application Locker”. On this link, they will have to click “National Law University” from the list of colleges
- At this stage, they will have to choose the application form and should click on the apply button
- They will have to fill up the details on the form for each section. They should remember that incomplete forms will be rejected. So, each and every detail should be carefully filled
- Finally, they will have to click on the submit button to save all the details. Again, they will have to visit the application locker section to make payment
- In the application locker page, under the category called pending applications, candidates will have to select the forms for which they wish to make payment and should click on the option called “Make Payment”
- On the resulting page, they will have to select the mode of payment and should verify the amount before clicking on the proceed button.
AILET 2019 Application Fee
Candidates applying to the NLU, Delhi will have to pay an application fee of Rs.3050. This fee is applicable to general category candidates. Those from reserved categories like SC/ST and PD will have to pay an application fee of Rs.1050. They should submit a copy of requisite caste and disability certificate along with the application. Candidates below the poverty line are exempted from the application fee.
The fee can be paid either by making a cash deposit at the post office. Otherwise, they can choose to pay through online payment gateway that supports payment using Net Banking, credit/debit cards.
Once this fee is paid, the applicants will receive a confirmation page through email. After receiving the confirmation, they will have to view and print acknowledgement slip from their email or even from the application locker section under the area called “Application Submitted”.
AILET 2019 Exam Pattern
The paper structure for AILET differs based on whether a candidate applies for the UG, PG or Ph. D course. Here are the details
B.A. LLB (Hons.)
The total number of questions is 150. Each question carries one mark and the marks are divided as follows:
- English – 35 Marks
- General Knowledge – 35 Marks
- Legal Aptitude – 35 Marks
- Reasoning – 35 Marks
- Elementary Mathematics – 10 Marks
For LLM applicants, the AILET question paper will have 100 Multiple Choice Questions and each question carries one mark. Further, there will also be an essay type question that carries 50 Marks. So, the total weightage is 150.
Ph. D course
There will be 100 multiple choice questions that carry one mark each.
In the AILET test for all courses, there will be a negative mark of 0.25 for every wrong answer.
AILET 2019 Selection Process
Based on the Merit in AILET, the candidates will be called for Counselling. The Counselling is conducted offline at the campus of the university. After successful completion of AILET, candidates making it to the merit list will be called for further rounds of the admission process. These candidates will have to report to the NLU, Delhi based on the scheduled time and date mentioned in the AILET admission letter.
The counselling is conducted separately for each law course. Selected candidates will have to pay the admission-cum-counselling fee if they wish to block a seat for admission in any law course in NLU, Delhi.
AILET 2019 Syllabus
The chapters covered under each section are listed below
- Para jumbles
- Foreign phrase/words
- Word usage
- Inference-based questions
- Reading comprehension
- Current affairs
- General Science
Legal Aptitude Test
- Legal Awareness covering Constitutional Law and Polity
- Intellectual Property Rights
- International Law
- Contracts and Constitutional Law
- Law of Crimes
- Strict Liability
- Vicarious Liability
- Critical Reasoning
- Blood Relations
This section will have questions from class X mathematics. Candidates are recommended to thorough with Number Systems to score well in this section.
AILET 2019 Admit Cards
Candidates can get the admit card from the official website of the university from around the second week of April 2019. Here is the process to get the admit card.
- Visit the official website of AILET 2019
- Click on the tab that shows “Admit Card 2019”
- Select the course for which you have applied.
- Enter details like name, DOB and application number
- Click on the submit button
- View and download the admit card
- Print it and carry it to the examination hall along with a valid photo identity.
In general, results are declared on the official website of the university. Even though examination is conducted in the same day for all courses, the results are published for the UG course first in the month of May. For PG and Ph. D courses, the results will be published in the month of July 2019. Here is how to check the results.
- Go the official website of AILET 2019
- Click on the AILET 2019 Result tab
- Click on the appropriate course
- Download the AILET 2019 in PDF Format
- Search for your name/Roll number
- View your rank and the qualifying status
The cut-off for 2014, 2015, 2016 are as follows for different categories
With these cut-off percentages, candidates can somewhat judge the cut-off for 2019.