AMU B.Tech./B.Arch. 2018 Official Notification
For the academic year 2018-19, the Office of the Controller of Examinations, AMU, Aligarh has released the official notification for AMU B.Tech./B.Arch. entrance test 2018. As per the official notification, here we are going to discuss everything about AMU B.Tech./B.Arch. entrance test such as notification, eligibility criteria, important dates, application process, admit cards, result, cut-off, counselling etc.
AMU stands for the Aligarh Muslim University. It is a central university formed in the year 1875 by Sir Syed Ahmed Khan. Before 1920, it was originally known as Mohammedan Anglo Oriental College. The campus of the Aligarh Muslim University is located in the heart of the city of Aligarh. The campus stretches across 467 hectares. The Aligarh Muslim University offers more than 300 courses in several fields including science, technology, pharmaceutical, engineering, biotechnology etc.
The AMU is popularly known as an institute of national importance. The Aligarh Muslim University features about 13 faculties which cover a wide range of educational fields such as Engineering and Technology, agricultural Sciences, arts, law, commerce etc.
About AMUEEE B.Tech./B.Arch. 2018
Every year, the Office of the Controller of Examinations, AMU, Aligarh conducts AMU B.Tech./B.Arch entrance test to take admissions in B.Tech and B.Arch. courses. AMU B.Tech/B.Arch. 2018 will be a national level entrance test for all streams of B.Tech and B.Arch. courses.
AMUEEE B.Tech. /B.Arch. 2018 Important Dates
AMUEEE B.Tech./B.Arch. 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Age Limit
The candidates applying for B.Tech. /B.Arch. 2018 entrance test should not be more than 24 years. AMU B.Tech. /B.Arch. 2018 maximum age limit is 24 years.
- Minimum Educational Qualifications
AMU B.Tech./B.Arch. 2018 interested applicants must passed in 12th/intermediate from a recognized state/central board with at least 50% marks aggregately. Students with diploma in Engineering are also eligible to apply for AMU B.Tech./B.Arch. 2018 entrance test.
AMUEEE B.Tech./B.Arch. 2018 Application Fee and Mode Of Payment
All the candidates applying for AMU B.Tech need to pay a fee of Rs 500 as their application fee. Candidates who want to apply for both B.Tech. and B.Arch. course need to pay a fee of Rs 600 as their application fee. All the candidates can pay their application fee through any mode either online (debit/credit card/net banking) or offline (e-challan mode). Candidates can also pay their application fee through a demand draft made in favour of “AMU Finance Officer” payable at Aligarh.
AMUEEE B.Tech./B.Arch. 2018 Application Form and Process
AMU B.Tech./B.Arch. 2018 aspirants can fill and submit application form in any mode either online or offline. To fill and submit AMU B.Tech./B.Arch. 2018 Application online, a candidate need to follow a simple process.
- Complete online registration
- Upload the scanned documents
- Pay the application fee
- Take print out of PDF generated application
If you want to fill and submit AMU B.Tech./B.Arch. 2018 offline application then you need to follow below mentioned steps.
- Download application form
- Take a print out of downloaded application form
- Fill all the details carefully
- Paste latest PP size photo
- Attach necessary documents along with a demand draft of prescribed amount drawn in favour of “AMU Finance Officer” payable at Aligarh
- Send it to the ‘Joint Controller, Admission Section, Office of the Controller of Examinations, AMU, Aligarh’ via speed/registered post
- keep a copy of final sent application for future reference
How To Apply For AMUEEE B.Tech./B.Arch. 2018 Entrance Test?
- Visit AMU official website
- Read ‘Instructions’ carefully before attempting online application
- Find and click “Register (for new user)” button on AMU website’s homepage
- Fill all the required details
- Click ‘Submit’ button
- Now, a candidate will get a ‘username’ & ‘password’
- Login to fill the application with the same ‘username’ & ‘password’
- Fill rest of the details carefully
- Upload scanned copies of documents such as signature, photo, and thumb impression in the prescribed format
- Now, a candidate has to pay application fee as per their preferences
- Don’t forget to take a print copy of your PDF generated application
- If filling offline form, paste your latest PP size photo and sign the form
- Finally, affix all the documents with application form and send it to the ‘Joint Controller, Admission Section, Office of the Controller of Examinations, AMU, Aligarh’ via speed/registered post
List Of Documents Needed
- Documents supporting Personal and academic details
- Scanned copies of documents (candidate’s image, signature & LTI) in prescribed format
- A demand draft of requisite amount drawn in favour of “AMU Finance Officer” payable at Aligarh
AMUEEE B.Tech./B.Arch. 2018 Exam Pattern
AMU B.Tech./B.Arch. 2018 aspirants need to appear in just one paper of 3 hours duration. Question paper comprises of 150 multiple choice questions. Question paper will be divided into three sections- Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. There will be about 70 questions in mathematics section, 30 questions in Physics, and 30 questions in Chemistry. For every wrong answer, there will be a negative marking of ¼ marks.
AMU B.Tech./B.Arch. 2018 Syllabus
- For B.Tech-All Streams
Physics – gravitation, electronic devices, oscillations and waves relations and waves, kinetics, motion of system of particles and rigid body, electrostatics, current electricity, magnetic effects of current and Magnetism, physical world and Measurement, thermodynamics, behaviour of perfect gas and kinetic theory, law of motion, electromagnetic waves, optics, dual nature of matter and radiation, work, energy and power, electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, properties of bulk matter, atoms and nuclei, and communication systems.
Chemistry – States of matter gases and liquids, chemical bonding and molecular, some basic concepts of chemistry, coordination compounds, haloalkanes and haloarenes, thermodynamics, equilibrium, hydrogen, S-block elements, alkali and alkaline earth metals, some p block elements, structure of atoms, classification of elements and periodicity in properties, phenols and ethers, Environmental Chemistry, solid state, organic chemistry- some basic principles and techniques, hydrocarbons, surface chemistry, surface chemistry general principles and processes of isolation of elements, solutions, electrochemistry, chemical kinetics, d and f block elements lanthanoids and actinoids, block elements group 16 elements, group 17 elements and group 18 elements, alcohols, aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids, organic compounds containing nitrogen -amines, cyanides and isocyanides, diazonium salts, bio-molecules- carbohydrates, proteins, hormones, vitamins and nucleic acids, polymers and Chemistry in everyday life.
Mathematics – conic section, introduction to the three dimensional geometry, calculus, binomial theorem, sequence and series, complex numbers and quadratic equations, sets and functions, algebra, principle of Mathematical Induction, trigonometric functions, linear inequalities, sets, relations and functions, permutations and combinations, co-ordinate geometry, straight lines, limits & derivatives, mathematical reasoning, and probability.
- For B.Arch.
Mathematics – binomial theorem, trigonometric functions, linear inequalities, sets, co-ordinate geometry, sequence and series, conic section, introduction to the three dimensional geometry, relations and functions, permutations and combinations, sets and functions, complex numbers and quadratic equations, straight lines, algebra, principle of Mathematical Induction, calculus, limits & derivatives, mathematical reasoning, and probability.
Aptitude Syllabi – includes design & drawing of greeting Cards, hoardings, book cover design, logos and hand sketching of scenes etc. Creative Composition (Geometric or otherwise) depicting, creative design & drawing, visual harmony or contrast using elements like Shapes, colours etc.
AMU B.Tech./B.Arch. 2018 Examination Centres
The organiser of this exam wants to ensure convenience and attendance of a large number of candidates at the AMU B.Tech./B.Arch. 2018 entrance test. Therefore, they are planning to conduct AMU B.Tech./B.Arch. entrance test in all the major cities of India. This year, this exam will be held in Delhi, Bombay, Calcutta, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Jalandhar, Raipur, Allahabad, Ahmadabad, Bhopal, Indore, Ranchi, Roorkee, Gwalior, Guwahati, Lucknow, Vadodara, Surat, Rajahmundry, Agra etc.
AMU B.Tech./B.Arch. 2018 Admit Cards
AMU B.Tech./B.Arch. 2018 admit cards will be available online as per examination schedule. Candidates should carry a valid admit card with a latest photograph to the examination venue.
How To Download AMU B.Tech./B.Arch. 2018 Admit Card?
- Open AMU official website
- Find and click ‘AMU B.Tech./B.Arch. 2018 Admit Card’ button
- Select course you have applied for from the dropdown menu
- Enter transaction ID in respective field
- Enter further required details (if required)
- Hit ‘Submit’ button
- Save or print your admit card
AMU B.Tech./B.Arch. 2018 Result
The Office of the Controller of Examinations, AMU, Aligarh will release AMU B.Tech./B.Arch. 2018 result after 2 or 3 weeks from the date of examination. Result will be released only on AMU official website. Therefore, candidates are advised to visit AMU website or this page to get latest updates on AMU B.Tech./B.Arch. 2018 entrance test.
How To View AMU B.Tech./B.Arch. 2018 Result?
- Go to the AMU official website
- Enter into AMU 2018 entrance test section
- Find and hit ‘AMU B.Tech./B.Arch. 2018 Result’ button
- Enter required details such as transaction ID and date of birth
- Click ‘Submit’ button
- Download or print result/score card
- Exit/close the website
AMU B.Tech./B.Arch. 2018 Cut Off
Final cut-off marks will be published on AMU official website after AMU B.Tech./B.Arch. 2018 result declaration. Cut-marks are the minimum marks set by university for candidates to qualify in appearing examination.