AP Engineering Assistant 2021 notification has been released in Jan 2021. AP Grama Sachivalayam Engineering Assistant online applications will be invited from eligible candidates of Andhra Pradesh. Candidate can submit the application form on the Grama Sachivalayam website from Jan to Feb 2021.
The Government of Andhra Pradesh has started the AP Grama Sachivalayam system for the efficient delivery of citizen services at the village level. In Grama Sachivalayam, the Engineering Assistant will work to provide services in the area he/ she is appointed. They perform functions like proper drinking and sanitation works, maintenance and operation of water supply, etc.
AP Grama Sachivalayam Engineering Assistant Notification
AP Grama Sachivalayam Engineering Assistant 2021 notification will be released in Jan 2021 and eligible candidates can submit an online application to appear in the recruitment process. The nodal department for this post is Panchayat Raj and rural development.
AP Engineering Assistant recruitment process will start with the release of notification and the selected candidates will be appointed on the post of engineering assistant in Grama Sachivalayams in AP.
|Engineering Assistant Event||Date|
|Release of notification||Jan 2021|
|Start of registration||Jan 2021|
|Last date of registration||Feb 2021|
|Date of release of admit card||August 2021|
|Date of examination||9th - 14th Aug 2021|
|Declaration of result||First week of September|
- AP Mahila Police & Child Welfare Assistant
- AP Grama Sachivalayam ANM
- AP Veterinary / Fisheries Assistant
- AP Digital Assistant
- AP Ward Sachivalayam
- AP Panchayat Secretary
- AP Welfare & Education Assistant
- AP Grama Sachivalayam Survey Assistant
- AP VRO
A total of 570 posts of engineering assistants will be recruited in AP Grama Sachivalayams. Following is a table presenting the number of posts.
Engineering Assistant Eligibility Criteria
The candidates belonging to the domicile of Andhra Pradesh are only eligible to apply. Moreover, a candidate can apply only in his zone. For the scheduled areas/ tribal/ hill areas, candidates belonging to the scheduled/tribal category are eligible. Candidates belonging to other states and union territories are not eligible to apply.
The candidate should have attained a minimum age of 18 years and a maximum age of 42 years as on 01.10.2021
Age Relaxation and Reservation
The rules of reservation of age are applicable according to the norms and rules of the government of Andhra Pradesh.
|S.No||Category of candidate||Age Relaxation|
|2||Differently Abled person||10 years|
|3||Ex. Service men||3 years + Service rendered in armed forces/NCC|
|5||State government employees of the states of Andhra Pradesh||Up to 5 years based on service period|
|6||Retrenched temporary employees in Census Dept. of AP||3 years|
|7||Divorced women, widows, and judicially separated women from their husbands and not remarried and who belongs to SC/ST category||Upper age limit is 48 years|
|8||Widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands who are not remarried and not belonging to SC/ST category||Upper age limit is 43 years|
|9||Currently working in Department of Horticulture, AP as Field Consultants/ as MPEO’s/MIAO’s/ Contractors/ Outsourcing Horticulture Officers.||5 yrs/ length of service rendered, whichever is less|
The candidate should have passed the requisite diploma or degree in Mechanical/ Civil discipline.
No Objection Certificate
Candidates working with any other central or state or semi-government or private organization will have to furnish a no-objection certificate (NOC) at the time of joining.
AP Engineering assistant application form can be submitted from Jan 2021 and the last date to apply will be Feb 2021.
AP Engineering Assistant: How To Apply Online?
Following is the procedure that a candidate has to follow for the registration:
Step 1: One Time Registration
- Visit Official website @http://gramasachivalayam.ap.gov.in/
- Click on the OTPR Link on the screen.
- A new window will pop up.
- The candidate should upload his/her basic details such as name, gender, Aadhaar number, date of birth, and mobile number.
- Now the candidate has to upload the file which has a candidate’s photograph with signature in JPG format and click at the checkbox of declaration-I.
- Now the candidate has to enter his/her personnel details such as family details, marital status, religion, any previous service, and about physical status.
- Next comes the candidate’s address detail. The candidate should clearly specify the address details without any error.
- Next, the candidate has to furnish his/her basic education details at the school level, declaring his/her SSC or equivalent details.
- The candidate then has to enter the preference of center for the examination.
- Again a declaration-II will come up. Candidate can here have a preview of the application up to this point.
- The candidate can modify the details if needed at this level.
- When the candidate is fully satisfied then the candidate can click on the submit link.
Step-2: Application Form
- After clicking on the submit link, a new window will pop up.
- This window contains the OTPR ID of the candidate.
- Very carefully the candidate should go through the details and click the submit option.
- Here the candidate has to select the Engineering Assistant from the Post under category –II.
- A new window will pop up having the applicant’s details with the post applying for is clearly visible.
- Now the candidate shall have to validate the details such as personnel details followed by basic education details for the post applied.
- Now again the candidate has to click on the declaration acceptance checkbox.
- The candidate can now validate the details and can edit it.
- When the candidate has fully validated the details then click on the submit button.
- Just after clicking at the submit button, a window opens where candidates ID is clearly visible.
- The candidate should save the details and then click on the payment link.
Step-3 Payment of Fees
- As soon as the candidate clicks on the payment link, the candidate is directed to a new window.
- First and foremost the candidate has to enter the credentials and validate it.
- After the validation, the candidate will be again asked if he/she wants to proceed with the payment option.
- Now the candidate has to click on the link “Proceed to payment.”
- Now the candidate will be proceeded to the payment gateway and shall pay the necessary fee required for the examination.
The candidates are advised to keep the following documents soft copy before applying:-
- 10Th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet (If applicable)
- Diploma/graduation degree
- Mark sheet of the final year of diploma/graduation whichever is applicable to the candidate
- Identification proof of candidates such as Aadhaar, driving license, etc.
- Domicile proof of the candidate such as Voter id card, passport, etc.
- Photograph of the candidate in jpg format having a size less than 50 kb
- Signature of the candidate in jpg format having a size less than 20 kb
Apart from the above important documents, the candidate has to have one registered working mobile number and email id for future communication purposes.
Following is a tabular representation of the fee structure.
|Category||Examination Fee||Application Fee||Candidates who are applying for outside their districts|
The mode of payment is online-only, which is through credit card/ debit card/ online banking only.
The examination will be conducted in one stage followed by verification of documents. There will be a pen and paper-based examination of multiple-choice questions. There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong question. Candidates qualifying the written examination will be called for the document verification stage. The paper will be in English and Telugu. Following is the tabular representation of it.
- The written exam will have 2 sections, Part A – General Studies & Mental Ability and Part B – Engineering Subject
- A single-stage exam will be conducted for 150 Mins
- Each question will be of 1 mark and there will be 150 questions for 150 marks
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks.
|Section||Total questions||Time Period||Total Marks|
|Part-A: General Studies and Mental Ability||50||50||50|
AP Engineering Assistant Syllabus
Following is the syllabus of Part-A: General Studies and Mental Ability
- General ability and reasoning
- Quantitative aptitude
- Regional, national, and international importance of current affairs
- History and culture of India with reference to Andhra Pradesh
- Indian polity and governance
- Social justice and issues
- Indian subcontinent physical geography with special reference to Andhra Pradesh
- Welfare and development schemes implemented by the government of Andhra Pradesh.
Following is the syllabus of Engineering:
- Strength of Materials
- Engineering Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics
- Hydraulic Pumps
- Engineering Drawing
- Reinforced concrete structures
- Production technology
AP Engineering assistant hall ticket will be issued seven days prior to the day of examination. Candidates have to download the hall ticket from the official website of AP Grama Sachivalayam.
How To Download Hall Ticket?
Following are the steps a candidate should follow so as to download his/her admit card:
- Open the official webpage
- Click on the download hall ticket link
- Here the candidate has to enter the unique registration number with the password
- After validation of the candidate, a new window will pop up
- This new window will contain the candidate’s hall ticket
- The candidate should download the form and take out a clear printout of the hall ticket/admit card showing clearly all the details.
- The candidate is advised to go through the admit card carefully validating the details at each stage. If the candidate found any disparity, then immediately inform the officials.
The AP Engineering Assistant result will be declared at the official site only. Candidates have to check their respective roll numbers from the given sheet of selected candidates list. All the relevant cut off marks will be issued by the AP Grama Sachivalayam only.
AP Engineering assistant selection will be based on merit in the written test. The marks scored by the candidates in Pen and Paper based examination are the sole criteria for a candidate’s election to the post. After securing the relevant marks, qualified students will be called for document verification.
There will be a probation period of 2 years, once the probation period is completed, the concerned department will confirm the probation. The candidate is informed here that the probation period will not be altered in any case.
Engineering Assistant Pay Scale
During the probation period of 2 years, the candidate will be paid a monthly stipend of Rs 15000. After the successful completion of the probation period, the concerned department will take the necessary action required. The pay scale would be the pay scale of Rs.14,600-44,870.
After the allocation of respective districts, candidates will undergo a week training to have a basic knowledge about his/her duties. The candidates will be trained about general things such as computer application and official correspondence in one of the following places:
- PR Training Center – Bapatla
- PR Training Center – Samarlakota
- PR Training Center – Kalahasthi
If the capacity increases candidates will be sent to other notified centers for training. After this, the candidates will be trained by their nodal departments. Here they will be trained while performing their duties.
Engineering Assistant Duties
- Clear and comprehensive work profile with business rules accordingly
- Periodic review of mandals and districts
- Key performance indicators (KPIs) will be developed by respective departments and online monitoring system will be developed by RTGS for performance tracking of functionaries
- There will be checks and dots for transparency as well as efficient functioning
- Proper drinking and sanitation works
- Maintenance and operation of water supply.
AP Engineering Assistant FAQ’s
Q. When Will The Application Form Of AP Grama Sachivalayam Start?
A. The application will start in Jan 2021.
Q. What Is The Fee For Applying For AP Engineering Assistant In Village Secretariats?
A. Candidates have to pay Rs. 400 as exam cum Application fee and if applying for outside districts extra fee is Rs. 100/-. For SC/ST/BC/PH/Ex-Servicemen, the exam fee is nil, and application fee is Rs. 200.
Q. Is There Any Specific Cut Off Of Each Section?
A. No there is only one cut off for the examination.
Q. A Candidate Having Higher Qualification can Apply?
A. Yes, but it should be relevant to the post.
Q. Can Candidates Of Other States and Union Territories Apply?
A. No, only candidates from the state of Andhra Pradesh can apply.