AP LAWCET 2021 Notification : The AP LAWCET 2021 & PGLCET 2021 is a state-level entrance exam conducted by the Sri Krishnadevaraya University on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education. AP LAWCET is for admission to the UG law courses (3 years LLB and 5 years integrated LLB) and PGLCET is for PG law courses (LLM) offered by various law colleges and universities in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- AP LAWCET and PGLCET notification will be released in March 2021 and the registration process commences in 2d week of March 2021. The last date to apply online is the 2nd week of April 2021.
- AP LAWCET and PGLCET exam will be held in the 3rd week of April 2021.
- Eligibility for 3 year LLB course is a degree or PG with at least 45% of marks, for 5 Year integrated LLB, intermediate with at least 45% of marks.
- Eligibility for the LLM course is B.L/LLB with at least 50% of marks.
The Sri Krishnadevaraya University started humble beginning as the Postgraduate Centre of Sri Venkateswara University. It happened in the academic year 1967-68. It gained autonomy status in the year 1976. Again, in the year 1981, the institute was provided with the status of a university.
Initially, it was functioning as a unitary university. Again, in the year 1988, the institute gained the status of an affiliating university. At present, the university meets the higher education needs of the Rayalaseema region in general and the district of Ananthapuramu in particular.
AP LAWCET & PGLCET 2021 Important Dates
The APSCHE has consented Sri Krishnadevaraya University to conduct the AP LAWCET & PGLCET on their behalf. As the university has not yet published the notification for the test to be conducted in the year 2021, here are some tentative dates for candidates planning to apply for a law course in Andhra Pradesh in 2021.
|Notification for AP LAWCET & PGLCET
|In the first week of March 2021
|Commencement of online application
|In the second week of March 2021
|Last Date for submission of applications online without a late fee.
|Around the 10th of April 2021
|Correction of data in the online application already submitted
|Around the 8th to the 10th of April 2021.
|Downloading hall tickets from the website of the council
|Middle of April 2021
|Date of test
|Around the 20th of April 2021
|Declaration of preliminary answer key
|Three days after the test date
|Last date to receive objections for the preliminary answer key.
|One day after the declaration of the preliminary answer key
|Declaration of Results
|After the end of April 2021
AP LAWCET & PGLCET 2021 Notification
Candidates can expect the AP LAWCET & PGLCET 2021 notification on the official website of the council in the last week of February or the first week of March 2021. So, candidates are recommended to continuously check the website.
AP LAWCET Notification 2021 Pdf
AP PGLCET Notification 2021 Pdf
AP LAWCET & PGLCET 2021 Eligibility
The eligibility requirement to be met by the applicants for the UG and PG law courses is as follows
For Three-year LLB
Candidates must have completed their degree or PG with at least 45% of marks. A Relaxation of 3% is applicable to BC Candidates and for SC/ST Candidates a relaxation of 5% on the required percentage of marks is applicable.
For Five-Year LLB
The applicants must have completed their intermediate with at least 45% of marks. Similar 3 and 5% relaxation is applicable for BC and SC/ST candidates respectively.
The applicants must have completed their B.L/LLB with at least 50% of marks. The same percentage is applicable for BC candidates, while SC/ST candidates get a relaxation of 5% on marks at the law degree level.
AP LAWCET & PGLCET Application Form 2021
Candidates will have to apply online from the official website of the Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education. Click on the appropriate AP LAWCET & PGLCET 2021 link to submit the application form before the last date of registration.
How To Fill Application?
Candidates will have to fill the application and the process encompasses four steps as follows:
Step 1: Fee payment is the first step and candidates have the option to make payment through different modes. The Registration fee for the candidates applying for UG course is Rs.750 and the PG course is Rs.850.
Step 2: The second step is to verify the payment status. Candidates are recommended to ensure the success of the payment transaction.
Step 3: The third step is to fill out the application online. Candidates should have the payment details ready to proceed with the online application submission.
Step 4: The final step after submission of online application is to print the application form for future reference.
Candidates are recommended to keep the following documents ready before they begin the online application:
- If the application fee for the test is paid by cash through an AP Online Centre, candidates should have the AP Online Transaction ID. They will get this ID from the receipt from the AP Online Centre.
- If they decide to make the payment online, they should have credit/debit card details. Otherwise, they should have a Net Banking user ID and password.
- Mark sheets and/or Hall Ticket number of the degree/intermediate or class X.
- Mark Sheets based on the eligibility requirement of three-year, five-year Law courses, and LLM.
- Date of Birth, State of Birth, and District of Birth details. These details will be available in class X or its equivalent Mark Sheet.
- Hall Ticket Number of SSC or equivalent examination. They can get this from the Class X or equivalent certificate.
- Local Status details whether OU, SVU, AU or Non-local
- The income of Parents as in the income statement issued by the MRO through MeeSeva
- Study details that can be obtained from the study certificates from class 6 to 10+2/degree or diploma/PG course.
- Category certificate or application number of caste certificate (applicable only for SC, ST and BC Candidates). This is nothing, but the Caste Certificate issued by the MRO’s competent authority through a MeeSeva.
- Candidates belonging to the special category should produce the special category certificate issued by the competent authority. The category includes CAP, Sports, PH, NCC, etc.
- Aadhar Card Details
- Ration Card Details
- Passports Size Photograph: A good quality photograph in.JPG or.JPEG format with size not more than 50 KB.
- Signature affixed using a black pen in a white paper should be scanned and saved in.JPG or.JPEG format with less than 30 KB size.
The question paper for the entrance test for the UG Law course will have questions in English and Telugu. For those applying for the PG course, the question paper will be in English only. The pattern for both courses will be as follows.
AP LAWCET For UG
The test will have three parts with the total number of questions of 120. The test duration is 90 minutes with the maximum mark for the test being 120.
- Part A- General Knowledge & Mental Ability – 30 Questions and 30 Marks
- Part B- Current Affairs – 30 Questions and 30 Marks
- Part C- Aptitude to take up legal education and elementary knowledge of fundamental principles of law and Indian constitution – 60 Questions and 60 Marks
The duration of this test is 90 minutes and there will be 120 questions in this test with each question carrying one mark. Here is the split up.
- Part A – 40 Questions with 20 questions each from Jurisprudence and Constitutional Law
- Part B – 80 Questions divided as follows
- IPR & Other laws – 16
- Crimes & Torts – 16
- Labour Law – 16
- Mercantile Law – 16
- Public International Law – 16
The questions will be in multiple-choice formats. There will be four alternative answers and candidates have to choose one correct answer for each question.
The selection will be on the basis of the merit secured by applicants in the entrance test. Based on the entrance test score, qualifying short-listed candidates will be called for Counselling.
AP LAWCET / PGLCET 2021 Syllabus
AP LAWCET / PGLCET 2021 Syllabus is given below.
AP LAWCET For UG
The purpose of the AP LAWCET test is to evaluate the general knowledge, mental ability, current affairs, and aptitude of test-takers to pursue a course in Law. The standard expected to take up the entrance test for the 5-year integrated course is an intermediate level. In the case of candidates applying for the three-year course, the expected standard is degree level.
AP PGLCET for PG
AP PGLCET PG Syllabus is given below.
- Rights and duties – Legal Sanctions, Property, Ownership and Possession, Obligation, Legal Sanctions, Property, Liability.
- Schools of Jurisprudence – Sources of Law, Custom Precedent and Legislation.
- Nature of the Constitution: Basic Rights, Amendments to the constitution, Directive Principles of State Policy, Emergency provisions, Executive, Center-State Relations and Judiciary and Legislature.
Public International Law
- International Law and Municipal Law
- United Nations Jurisdiction
- State Jurisdiction
- Statelessness and Nationality
- Air, Outer and sea space
- State Territory and subjects
- General Principles of Contract
- Trade Union Act of 1926
- Industrial Disputes Act of 1947
Crimes & Torts
- Consumer Protection Act, 1986
- General principles of State liability for torts
- Indian Penal Code -General Principles & General Exceptions
- Right to Information Act 2005
- Salient features of the Information Technology Act, 2000
- The Protection of Human Act, 1993
- Human Rights
- Environmental Protection Act, 1986
- Copyright Act, 1957
- Patents Act, 2005
AP LAWCET / PGLCET 2021 Hall Tickets
Candidates will have to download the admit cards from the official website of the Council. Here are the steps to follow:
- On the home page of the council for the Law Entrance test here, candidates will find a link that shows “Download Hall ticket”.
- They will have to click on this link.
- They will be taken to a page that will ask for the following details
- Payment Reference ID
- Registration Number
- Qualifying Examination Hall Ticket Number
- Mobile Number
- Date of Birth in DD/MM/YYYY format
- After entering the appropriate details, they will have to click on the button that shows “Download Hall ticket”.
- After downloading, they will have to take a print out of the hall ticket and should preserve it until the admission process is completed.
- The hall ticket should be carried along with a valid photo ID to the examination hall.
AP LAWCET / PGLCET 2021 Results
Candidates can check the results from the official website of the council. Here are the steps to check the results:
- They will have to visit the website of the council.
- Here, they will have to click on the tab that shows “View Results”
- When they click on this link, they will be taken to a page that asks them to enter their registration number and LAWCET Hall ticket Number.
- After providing the details, they will have to click on the tab that shows “View Results”
- They can see their results on the resulting page. They can download the same.
Cut off is the minimum qualifying mark, a candidate will have to secure to pass AP LAWCET and PGLET. For the former, it is 35% or 45 marks out of 120, while for the latter is it 25% or 30 marks out of 120 for general category candidates. There is no passing minimum for SC/ST candidates.