AP Police Constable 2020 Application Form & Apply Online : AP police constables 2020 notification will be released in June 2020 by the AP State Level Police Recruitment Board for recruiting candidates for 11356 constable vacancies across 13 districts of Andhra Pradesh. AP SLPRB will issue the dates of apply online to submit the application form.
Interested Candidates have to submit online application from June 2020 and the last date of application is July 2020 till 5 PM. Here you can find all the details of AP police constables recruitment 2020 like exam notification, application form, exam pattern, syllabus, exam dates, admit card, results, etc.
|AP Constable Notification||AP Constable Online Application 2020|
|AP Police Constables Hall Tickets 2020||AP Police Constable Results 2020|
|AP Police Constable Syllabus 2020||AP Police Recruitment 2020|
- Fee Details
- Online Application
- Apply Online
- Selection Process
- Hall Tickets
- Cut Off
AP Police Constables Notification 2020
AP SLPRB or State level police recruitment board will release a recruitment notification for SCT PCs Civil & AR [Men & Women] and APSP [Men], Warder [Men & Women] & Firemen in June 2020. Through this notification SLPRB will fill 11356 vacant positions of constables, Warders, and Firemen in the police department of Andhra Pradesh.
Quick Look About AP Police Constable 2020
|Recruitment conducted by||The Andhra Pradesh State Level police recruitment board [AP SLPRB}|
|Post names||Police Constables, Warder and firemen|
|No. of vacancies||11356|
|Application Form starting date||June 2020|
|Application Form submission last date||July 2020|
|Job Type||Police job|
|Job Place||Within the Andhra Pradesh|
|Admit Card||10 days before examination|
|Exam date||Sep 2020|
|Apply Online at||http://slprb.ap.gov.in|
AP Constable Vacancies Details
The Andhra Pradesh police department has just released a recruitment notification for several vacant posts in their offices, police-stations, and sub-PS. Through a common recruitment exam, the Andhra Pradesh Police department recruits around 11356 candidates on the following posts
|Post code no.||Name of the post||Department name||No. of vacancies|
|01||Police Constables (Civil – Men/ Women)||A.P. Police Department||-|
|02||Police Constables (AR – Men/ Women)||-|
|03||Police Constables in Andhra Pradesh Special Police [PC (APSP) (Men)]||-|
|04||Warders (male)||A.P. Prisons and correctional services department||-|
|06||Firemen||A.P. Fire & Emergency Services Department||-|
|Total no. of vacancies||11356|
AP Police Constables examination 2020 would be a great chance for those candidates who want to do a job and built their careers in the public or government sectors. The best part about this job is that candidates do not need to leave their home state as a candidate’s final job posting will be within Andhra Pradesh.
Read : AP Police SI 2020
Before applying, interested candidates must need to check the eligibility criteria of AP Police Constables examination 2020 and other details like selection process, how to apply, etc at Andhra Pradesh Police Department’s official website.
Candidates need to note down that only online applications will be accepted by the recruitment cell. So, make sure to send your online application before the last date. Online application starting and end dates along with other important info are given in the above table. There are about 11356 vacancies to be filled through this exam.
AP Police Constable 2020 Eligibility
Age Limit [as on July 01, 2020]
For The Post Code Nos. 01, 02 & 03
If a local applicant is working as Home Guard for at least 1 year and still in service then the minimum and maximum age limit for him/her is 18 years and 30 years respectively.
For all other applicants, the minimum and maximum age limit is 18 years and 22 years respectively.
For The Post Code Nos. 04, 05 & 06
A candidate must be aged a minimum of 18 years and the upper limit of 30 years.
Upper age limit mentioned above will be relaxed as under
|AP State Government Employees|
(except APSRTC, APSEB, Municipalities, Corporations)
|Ex-service men||3 years|
|NCC (who worked as an instructor)||3 years|
|Retrenched temporary employees|
(in state census department)
Educational Qualifications [as on July 01, 2020]
Post wise educational qualification has been given below.
- For postcodes 01, 02, 03 & 06 i.e., Constables (Civil and AR), PC (APSP) and Firemen candidate must have passed in 12th or its equivalent from a recognized state or central board. There is a relaxation for SC/St candidate, they should have passed SSC conducted by the state government along with that they would have studied Intermediate and have appeared in both 1st and 2nd-year examinations or should possess any higher qualification than the prescribed qualification.
- For postcodes 04 & 05 i.e Warders [Male / Female] – Candidate must have passed in 12thor its equivalent from a recognized state or central board or possess any higher qualification than the prescribed qualification.
|Eye Sight||Right Eye||Left Eye|
- Medically Fit
- Free from the following – i) Physically handicapped ii) Knocking-knees, Varicose veins, Hammertoes, fractured limbs, pigeon chest, flat foot, decayed teeth, stammering, hard of hearing and abnormal psychological behavior.
For applying to AP Police Constable vacancies, a candidate should possess prescribed physical standards. The list has been given under the Physical measure test (PMT). Relaxation in physical standards are also given under PMT for certain categories.
AP Police Constable 2020 Fee Details
All the interested candidates of general or OBC categories have to pay a fee of Rupees 300/- as their application and examination fee. A Candidate belongs to another category like SC/ST need to pay only 150/- as his/her online application and examination fees. Candidates of all categories must note down that their application form will be treated as incomplete by the recruitment board until they submit requisite fees.
|Category||Amount (in Rupees)|
Mode Of Payment
A candidate has to make payment by providing basic details and then has to fill the application form online. Pay fee at Mee Seva/ Ap online / TS online centers by providing basic details.
AP Police Constable 2020 Application Form
AP police constables online Application 2020 is available on the official website. AP Police Apply online 2020 process has been given below
How To Apply Online – AP Police Constable
Eligible candidates are requested to apply online to submit applications on AP Police’s official website. Before applying online, candidates need to keep scanned copies of their photograph, community certificate (for SC/St candidates), signature, etc.
Submission Of Payment
First a candidate has to visit the official website/ AP/ TS online center or mee Seva centers and has to pay a required amount of fee by providing basic details before submitting an online application.
- To submit fee through the website, visit the official website
- Under ‘Latest Jobs’ Click on SCT PCs Civil & AR and APSP, Warder & Firemen link
- Click on ‘click here’ button under submit application against Advertisement number Rc.No.215/R&T/Rect.2/2020
- Application is to be submitted in stages i.e., for Stage I/ Preliminary exam and for Stage II/ before PMT. The process of Stage I is described here. For Stage II/ before PMT, the next stage of Application should be filled and submitted, The process for Stage II will be described after the release of stage II application.
- Read instructions and click on three boxes (Tick if Yes) under point 4 and then click on submit & Continue (1st tick is for read notification & Possess eligibility, 2n tick is for possessing physical measurements required and 3rd tick is for eligible for selection)
- Payment page will be opened click on ‘Pay amount using Debit card/ Credit card/ Net banking to fill application form’
- Select yes if you are a local candidate, Select Community
- Enter candidate name as per SSC records, Select Date of Birth as per SSC records
- Enter SSC hall ticket no., Enter candidate mobile number
- Amount will be displayed as per community and click on ‘Pay amount’
- Enter card details/internet banking details to complete payment
- A transaction number will be generated with Transaction successful message, note it down for further use
- Click on ‘continue to fill the Application form’
Submit online application form on official website after successful payment
- Stage I application will be opened
(If paid through AP online centers visit the official website and click on SCT PCs Civil & AR and APSP, Warder & Firemen link and click on ‘Click here’ option under ‘Submit Application’. Select Payment paid through, Enter Transaction ID, Enter Candidates name, Hall Ticket No., and mobile number and click on submit & continue)
- Click Yes if applied for recent SI recruitment event or else NO
- Enter essential required information such as Candidate’s Name, Father/ Husband Name, Mothers Name, Select Gender, DOB is displayed with age
- Select SSC Year of passing under SSC hall ticket number, upload SSC certificate (JPG & less than 250kb), select education qualification, Community is displayed, upload community certificate (JPG & less than 250kb), Upload signature (JPG & less than 50kb), enter identity marks as per SSC records
- Enter Mobile number, email id, select yes if you have Aadhaar card or else NO
- Select preference medium of exam, Select preferences of exam (3 places), Select post applied for
- Select district for PMT/ PET f qualified in Preliminary exam (2 districts)
- Select Yes if you are from AP and select district or else NO
- Click yes if claiming age relaxation or else NO and then Click on NO
- Enter the address for communication and click on Submit & Continue
After this, you will get the Application submitted successfully message along with Registration number on the screen. Click on ‘click here to download filled in online application form’ for further reference
AP Police Constable 2020 Selection Process
The main aim of the AP’s police recruitment board is to recruit the best candidate out there. For this, they have divided their whole selection process into various stages for every post. A candidate needs to qualify each and every stage for the final selection. An applicant’s selection journey will start from a preliminary test and end with the main examination.
AP Police Constables 2020 Complete Post Wise Selection Process is given below.
AP Police Constables (Civil and AR– Men/ Women) in Police Department
Warders (Male / Female) in Prisons and Correctional Services Department
Stages Of Examination
Preliminary Written Test [for all posts]
There will be a single paper having 200 questions for 200 marks, time will be 3 hrs. Qualifying in nature, Minimum marks to be scored: OC- 40%, BC- 35%, SC/ST/Ex-servicemen- 30%
In this test, MCQs will be set in Urdu, Telugu, and English languages. Candidates can use either blue or black ballpoint pen to answer the questions. Marks obtained by candidates in this test will not be used in the final selection.
Candidates qualified in the preliminary written test will be called for appearing in the PMT / PET. Further details are given below
Physical Measurement Test [PMT]
To qualify PMT, a candidate should meet the following requirements
For postcode no. 01, 02, 03 & 06
|Post code nos.||Height (cm)||Weight (Kg)||Chest (cm)|
|01, 02, 03 & 06||167.6||152.5||-||40||86.3||5|
Physical Standards for postcode 04 [Warders (Male)]
- Height : 168 cm
- Chest : 87 cm, 5 cm expandable
Physical Standards for postcode 05 [Warders (female)]
- Height : 153 cm
- Weight: 45.5 kgs
Relaxation in Physical Standards
Candidates belonging to aboriginal tribes in the agency areas of districts Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, East Godavari, and West Godavari if reservation quota is not getting fulfilled due to lack of candidates with sufficient physical standards there is a relaxation as described below.
Police Constables (Civil, AR, APSP, and Firemen)
- Men: Height-160 cm, Chest- 80 cm with 3 cm minimum expansion
- Women: Height-150 cm, Weight-38 kg
- Height: minimum 164 cm
- Chest: 83 cm with 3 cm minimum expansion
Physical Efficiency Test [PET]
If a candidate qualifies PMT as per the requirements given above then s/he will be needed to go through the following activities in order to be qualified in PMT / PET –
For postcode nos. 01, 04, 05 & 06 – Both male & female applicants will have to qualify in 1600 meters run and 1 out of remaining 2 activities as given below
- 100 metres run in 15 seconds (for general) / 16.5 seconds (for ex-servicemen) / 18 seconds (for women)
- Long jump – 3.80 metres (for general) / 3.65 metres (for ex-servicemen) / 2.75 metres (for women)
- 1600 metres run in 8 minutes (for general) / 9 minutes 30 seconds (for ex-servicemen) / 10 minutes 30 seconds (for women)
For postcode nos. 02 & 03 – Both male & female applicants will have to qualify all the following 3 activities as given below
- 100 metres run in 15 seconds (for general) / 16.5 seconds (for ex-servicemen) / 18 seconds (for women). This activity shall be for 30 marks.
- Long jump – 3.80 metres (for general) / 3.65 metres (for ex-servicemen) / 2.75 metres (for women). This activity shall be for 30 marks.
- 1600 metres run in 8 minutes (for general) / 9 minutes 30 seconds (for ex-servicemen) / 10 minutes 30 seconds (for women). This activity shall be for 40 marks.
Note – Physical efficiency tests will be qualifying in nature. For more details, please go through the official notification.
AP Constable Final Written Test
Candidates qualified in PMT / PET will be called for appearing in the final written examination. Post wise details are given below
|Post code nos.||Max. marks||Time Duration|
|01, 04, 05 & 06||200||3 hours|
|02 & 03||100||3 hours|
- To be qualified in final written test, candidates will have to score the following minimum marks – 30% marks for ex-servicemen / SCs / STs, 35% marks for BCs and 40% for OCs
- In this test, MCQs will be set in Urdu, Telugu, and English languages. Candidates can use either blue or black ballpoint pen to answer the questions.
AP Police Constable Final Selection
- For postcode nos. 01, 04, 05 & 06 – Final selection of candidates will be done on the basis of merit prepared after considering marks obtained by them in the final written exam
- For postcode nos. 02 & 03 – Final selection of candidates will be done on the basis of merit prepared after clubbing marks obtained by them in the final written exam and physical efficiency test
AP Constable Syllabus 2020
Contenders who are going to appear in AP Police Constable Exam 2020 must aware of the exam syllabus. The Post wise complete exam syllabus is given below:
|History of India, Indian culture, and national Movement|
|Indian Geography, Polity and Economy|
|Mental ability/ Test of Reasoning|
The Current events / General awareness (also known as general knowledge) part of the paper will consist of questions on national and international events. Generally from the following fields- Geography, History, Constitution, Politics, History, Science, Economics, Sports, banking, culture, etc.
The Reasoning part of the paper will consist of the questions on the following topics Verbal Includes Analogy, Blood Relation, Classification, Symbol & Notation, Statement & Conclusion, and Sitting Arrangement, Decision Making, Word Formation, Series, Decoding & Coding, and Problem Solving.
The arithmetic section will consist questions on the following topics- Arithmetic & Data Interpretation which includes bar graphs, Permutation & combination, simple & compound interest, Pie-chart, Time & Work, Time and Distance, Percentage, Profit & loss, etc, Clocks, Volume & surface area, Line graphs & tabulation, Roots, Average, Ratio, Height & distances, Logarithms, and probability, etc.
Scale Of Pay
For all the posts of Police Constables and warders, the basic pay will range from 16400/- to 49870/-
AP Police Constable 2020 Hall Tickets
AP Police Constables 2020 exam admit cards will be released before 10 days of examination on the official website. Candidates should download the admit card for attending the examination.
How To Download Admit Card?
- Log on to AP police official website @ slprb.ap.gov.in
- Find related links and AP police board recruitment
- Find Hall tickets and click on relevant link of Police constable
- Enter required details and click on submit
- Print or download hall ticket
AP Police Constable Results 2020
AP Police constable 2020 results will be declared by The Andhra Pradesh State Level Police recruitment board soon after the final examination. The process to download or check the final result has been given below.
How To Check Result?
- Log on to AP police official website @ slprb.ap.gov.in
- Find related links and AP police board recruitment
- Find results and click on Police constables 2020 result
- Enter required details
- Submit and check your result
AP Police Constable Written Test Answer Key
SLPRB will release the answer key of the AP Police Constable exam on its official website. Candidates can download the official answer key of set 1 and set 2 booklets from the official website. Booklets A, B, C, D of set 1 and set 2 answer key will be released.
Download AP Police Constable Written Test Answer Key (Exam Date 6.1.2018)
Download AP Police Constable Written Test Answer Key (Exam Date 8.1.2018)
Candidates can check results on the official website within two weeks from the date of answer key publication. They can also download their OMR sheet from the official website on the day of the result publication.
AP Constable Cut Off 2020
Cutoff mark is the minimum score a candidate needs to score to get selected in the final list. A post wise cutoff will be published here shortly.