APPSC Food Safety Officer 2021 [Apply Online, Application Form] : APPSC FSO Notification 2021 will be released to recruit on 22 vacancies. AP Food Safety Officer examination 2021 will be conducted by APPSC. online application forms are invited for the post of Food Safety Officer in A.P. Institute of Preventive Medicine, Public Health Laboratories and Food (Health) Administration Subordinate Service.
- Candidates aged between 18-42 years as on 01.07.2021 can apply for the APPSC FSO posts.
- The minimum educational qualification is Degree in Food Technology, or Biotechnology or Dairy Technology, or Oil Technology or Veterinary Sciences or Bio-Chemistry or Agricultural Science, or Microbiology or Masters Degree in Chemistry or Degree in Medicine.
- AP FSO scale pay will be Rs.28,940 – 78,910
Interested candidates should know details about this recruitment event like AP Food safety officer eligibility, examination dates, the application process, admit card, results, selection process, etc.
- Age Limit
- Fee Details
- Application Form
- Apply Online
- Admit Card
- The APPSC is state public service commission of Andhra Pradesh which recruits eligible candidates for various vacant posts in state government offices.
- The commission is responsible for conducting state government exams in Andhra Pradesh including Group-1, 2, 3, 4, AEE and Food safety officer, etc.
APPSC Food Inspector/ Safety Officer 2021 Quick Look
|APPSC Food safety officer examination 2021
|Examination conducted by
|Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC)
|Official notification release
|To be notified
|Food safety Officer (FSO)
|Application Form starting date
|To be notified
|Application Form Submission Last Date
|To be notified
|Last date for payment of fee
|To be notified
|Within the Andhra Pradesh
|Screening test (if number of applicants exceed 25,000)
|To be notified
|Mode of main examination
|Online through computer based test
|APPSC Food Safety Officer Result
|Apply Online at
APPSC Food Safety Officer 2021 Notification
APPSC Food Safety Officer official notification will be released by the Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission in the coming months. As per the official information, the commission will release the recruitment notification for the APPSC Food Safety Officers. Interested candidates have to apply online at psc.ap.gov.in.
Official notification will be made available on the commission’s official website, candidates can check details regarding APPSC Food Inspectors and Asst Food Safety Officer examination by going through the notification.
APPSC Food Inspector/Safety Officer 2021 Vacancies
The total number of posts to be filled through the APPSC Food Inspectors/ Food Safety Officers examination is 22. The selected candidates will be appointed as APPSC Food Safety officer/ Food Inspector in Andhra Pradesh Food (health) administration subordinate services, A.P Institute of preventive medicine, and health laboratories.
APPSC FSO/ Food Safety Officer 2021 Eligibility Criteria
All the interested candidates out there are requested to check APPSC Food Inspectors/ Food safety officers’ eligibility criteria before submitting the application form. Candidates can find eligibility criteria in APPSC food safety officer notification which is discussed below.
Age Limit and Relaxation
As on 01 July 2021, a candidate must be aged a minimum of 18 years and the upper limit of 42 years and there is a relaxation in age for certain categories as mentioned below for the APPSC Food Safety Officers post.
|AP State Government Employees
(except APSRTC, APSEB, Municipalities, Corporations)
|NCC (who worked as an instructor)
|Retrenched temporary employees
(in state census department)
A candidate should have a degree in Microbiology or Bio-Chemistry or Veterinary Sciences or Agricultural Science or Oil Technology or Biotechnology or Dairy Technology or Food Technology to be eligible for applying for APPSC Food Safety Officer.
The candidates having a Master’s Degree in Chemistry or Degree in Medicine from a recognized University are also eligible to apply for APPSC FSO recruitment 2021.
APPSC FSO 2021 Fee Details & Mode Of Payment
- All the candidates have to pay a fee of Rs. 250/- as application processing fee along with Rs. 80/- as examination fee.
- Ex-Service Men/ BC/SC/ST candidates belonging to the state of Andhra Pradesh are exempted from paying an examination fee of Rs. 80/-and have to pay only Rs. 250/- as application processing fee.
- BC/SC/ST candidates belonging to other states are not exempted from payment of a fee.
|Amount (in Rupees)
|SC/ST/ BC, PH (except VH) of AP
|SC/ST/BC from other states
Mode Of Payment
Candidates can pay the above-mentioned fee using a debit card/credit card / net banking. Fee submitted using IPOs / Demand Drafts will not be accepted. For every correction, candidates will have to pay an amount of Rs. 100/-. However, corrections/changes are not allowed for fee, name, and age relaxation.
APPSC FSO Examination 2021 Application Form & Process
Interested candidates have to fill and submit an online application to apply for the APPSC FSO recruitment event. After the release of official notification, Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission will enable the online application submission process for eligible candidates. The procedure to apply online is given below.
APPSC Food Inspector/ Food Safety Officer – How To Apply
The first step, a candidate will need to take is to go through one-time profile registration (OTPR) on APPSC’s official website. It is a mandatory process for every interested candidate. Fill in all the correct information in OTPR. After registering yourself through OTPR, you will be able to apply for this upcoming recruitment event. Steps to complete OTPR are given below:
- Open AP Public Service Commission’s official website in your browser or just click here
- Find and click on the one time profile registration (OTPR) section; you will see it on the right side
- Hit the cursor on the ‘Direct recruitment’ link to continue
- For ‘New Registration’, provide all your details carefully
- Now upload scanned copies of photo and signature in the required format
- Hit the cursor on the save option and write down the registration id.
Instantly, you will get confirmation SMS as well as mail with a confirmation message and registration/reference ID. You can also recover your registration id in case if you forgot by clicking on Recover OTPR.
Online Application Submission
- On the homepage of APPSC’s website, find and click on the ‘Online application submission’ section
- Use your user id/OTPR ID along with your mobile number (at this point, you can also reset your password)
- Now, log in to your account by providing User Id/OTPR ID and password
- Now enter the captcha as shown in the image
- Fill and submit the details and again click on online submission of application and select group 1 services APPSC Food Safety Officer
- Click on I have read option and enter the required details and Select Payment option to pay the fee
- After making the payment successfully, you will get a confirmation message along with a payment reference ID
- Now, you’ll be redirected to the application form where you have to enter qualification details, examination center, etc.
- Fill and submit all the details in the application form carefully
- On submitting the application form, you’ll get an application receipt; print it and keep it save for future reference/correspondence
- Don’t forget to save & print your final submitted application
APPSC Food Inspectors/ Food Safety Officer Exam Pattern 2021
Below we have mentioned the revised APPSC Food safety officer scheme of exam/ examination pattern. APPSC has released the final examination pattern. Candidates can check the Exam pattern and syllabus by going through the below link.
- APPSC Food safety officer written exam will have objective questions.
- The written exam consists of 2 papers, namely Paper 1 General Studies & Mental Ability, Paper 2 Concerned subject
- Each paper will have 150 questions for 150 marks in the duration of 150 minutes.
- Negative marking: 1/3rd prescribed marks will be deducted for the wrong answer as a penalty.
|WRITTEN (OBJECTIVE TYPE) EXAMINATION
|No. of Questions
APPSC FSO Recruitment 2021 Procedure of Selection
The final selection of candidates for the posts will be done on the basis of the order of merit to be prepared after considering marks obtained by the applicants in the computer-based examination.
Minimum Qualifying Marks
- 30% for SCs and STs
- 35% for BCs
- 40% for OCs
APPSC FSO, Food Inspector 2021 Syllabus
The examination syllabus of APPSC Food safety officer 2021 has been given elaborately below.
Part 1: General Studies & Mental Ability
|Current events of National and International Importance
|General Mental Ability
|History of India-Social, Economic, Cultural and Political aspects
|Indian Geography with a focus on A.P
|Indian Polity and Economy
- In current events, knowledge of significant national and international events will be tested. In History of India, emphasis will be on a broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic, and political aspects.
- On general mental ability, the candidates will be tested on reasoning and analytical abilities.
- Questions on Indian National Movement will relate to the nature and character of the nineteenth-century resurgence, growth of Nationalism, and attainment of independence. In geography, emphasis will be on the geography of India.
- The Questions on General Science will include General understanding and appreciation of science including matters of everyday experience and observation, as may be expected of a well-educated person who has not made a special study of any particular scientific discipline.
- Questions on the geography of India will relate to the physical, social, and economic geography of the country, including the main features of the Indian agricultural and natural resources.
- AP Bifurcation, AP Reorganization Act 2004, issues related to bifurcation and post bifurcation etc.
Part 2: Concerned Subject
- Food Chemistry
- Food Processing technology
- Public & Occupational Health and Nutrition
- Food Microbiology
- Hygiene & Sanitation
- Food Laws and Organizations
APPSC FSO/ Food Inspectors Examination 2021 Hall Tickets
Few days before the main/Written examination, candidates will be informed by APPSC to download call letters from the official website. To get a call letter, a candidate has to pay a visit to APPSC’s official website.
How To Get Hall Tickets?
- Visit APPSC Official website
- Find and click on the Hall Tickets link for APPSC Food Inspectors/Food Safety Officer exam 2021
- Enter required details
- Save or print hall ticket
APPSC FSO/ Food Inspectors Exam 2021 Results
APPSC FSO results will be released after evaluating each candidate’s performance. Results will be announced on APPSC’s official website. Candidates can check the result in the pdf released by APPSC that contains qualified candidates.
|APPSC Food Safety Officer 2021 Syllabus
|APPSC Food Safety Officer Hall Tickets
|APPSC Food Safety Officer 2021 Results
|APPSC Food Safety Officer Apply Online
APPSC Food Safety Officer’s FAQs
Q. What Is the Total Number Of Vacancies For AP Food Safety Officer?
A. Total Vacancies of APPSC Food safety officer is 22.
Q. What Is The Scale Of Pay For The Post Of Food Safety Officer?
A.Rs.28,940 – 78,910 is the scale of pay for the post of APPSC Food Safety Officer.
Q. From Where I Can Get The Proforma Application Of AP Food Safety Officer?
A. The proforma Application will be available on APPSC’s website i.e. https://psc.ap.gov.in.
Q. What Are The Criteria For Conducting Screening Test?
A. If the commission will receive more than 25,000 applications for the post of Food Safety Officer then the Screening Test will be conducted in offline mode and to appear for the main examination candidates will have to qualify the screening test.
Q. What Is The Date Of Main Examination Of AP FSO?
A. FSO recruitment main examination will be held most probably in September 2021 in online mode (Computer-based test).
Q. I’m 35 Years Old and Have A Degree In Agricultural Science. Am I Eligible To Apply For APPSC FSO Recruitment 2021?
A. Yes, you are eligible to apply for the post of FSO.
Q. What Will Be The Type Of Questions In Written Examination?
A. The written examination will have a total of 300 objective type questions, equally distributed in two papers i.e. Paper 1 & Paper 2.
Q. Is There Any Negative Marking In Paper?
A. Yes, for every wrong answer, 1/3rd of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as negative marking.