APPSC Food Safety Officer 2019 [Apply Online, Application Form] : APPSC FSO/ Food Safety Officer examination 2019 recruitment event has been started for recruiting Food Safety Officers (FSO). As per latest information, this year’s i.e. 2019’s APPSC notification for food safety officer has been released on Feb 13, 2019. Before applying for the post, interested candidates should know everything about this recruitment event like APPSC food inspector / Food safety officer eligibility, APPSC food safety officer qualification, examination dates, application process, admit card, results and so on.
- Age Limit
- Fee Details
- Application Form
- Apply Online
- Admit Card
The APPSC (Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission) is one of the largest government recruitment bodies in India. Every year, the commission conducts several recruitment exams to recruit fresh as well as experienced talent for various vacant posts in Andhra Pradesh’s government offices. The commission is responsible for conducting almost every reputed exam in Andhra Pradesh including Group-1, 2, 3,4 , AEE and Food safety officer etc.
APPSC Food Inspector/ Safety Officer 2019 Quick Look
|Examination conducted by||Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC)|
|Examination Name||APPSC Food safety officer examination 2019|
|APPSC Food Safety Officer Official notification released on||Feb 13, 2019|
|Post names||Food safety Officer (FSO)|
|Number of APPSC Food Safety Officer vacancies||22|
|APPSC Food Safety Officer Application Form starting date||Mar 07, 2019|
|Application Form Submission Last Date||Mar 28, 2019|
|Last date for payment of fee||Mar 27, 2019 upto 11:59 mid night|
|Job Place||Within the Andhra Pradesh|
|APPSC Food Safety Officer Hall tickets||Notified soon|
|Screening test (if number of applicants exceed 25,000)||Notified soon|
|Main examination||May 22, 2019|
|Mode of main examination||Online through computer based test|
|APPSC Food Safety Officer Result||Notified soon|
|Apply Online at||psc.ap.gov.in|
APPSC Food Safety Officer 2019 Notification
On 13 Feb 2019, APPSC Food Safety Officer official notification has been released by the Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission. To get it now, click here
As per the official information, the commission has released the recruitment notification for the APPSC Food Safety Officers. Interested candidates has to apply online at psc.ap.gov.in. Official notification is made available on commission’s official website, candidates can check every essential detail regarding APPSC Food Inspectors and Asst Food Safety Officer examination by going through the notification.
APPSC Food Inspector/Safety Officer 2019 Vacancies
Total number of posts to be filled through APPSC Food Inspectors/ Food Safety Officers examination 2019 is 22. With the release of notification, it is cleared that final selected candidates will be appointed as APPSC Food Safety officer/ Food Inspector in Andhra Pradesh Food (health) administration subordinate services, A.P Institute of preventive medicine and health laboratories.
APPSC FSO/ Food Safety Officer 2019 Eligibility Criteria
All the interested candidates out there are requested to check APPSC Food Inspectors/ Food safety officers eligibility criteria before attempting application form. Candidates can find eligibility criteria in APPSC food safety officer notification. For our readers we have decided to sum up APPSC Food Safety Officer examination 2019 eligibility criteria on this page.
Age Limit and Relaxation
As on 01 July 2019, a candidate must be aged minimum of 18 years and the upper limit of 42 years and there is a relaxation in age for certain category as mentioned below for APPSC Food Safety Officers post.
|AP State Government Employees|
(except APSRTC, APSEB, Municipalities, Corporations)
|Ex-service men||3 years|
|NCC (who worked as an instructor)||3 years|
|Retrenched temporary employees|
(in state census department)
A candidate should have a degree in Microbiology or Bio – Chemistry or Veterinary Sciences or Agricultural Science or Oil Technology or Biotechnology or Dairy Technology or Food Technology to be eligible for applying for APPSC Food Safety Officer.
The candidates having a Master’s Degree in Chemistry or Degree in Medicine from a recognized University are also eligible to apply for APPSC FSO recruitment 2019.
APPSC FSO 2019 Fee Details & Mode Of Payment
All the candidates have to pay a fee of Rs. 250/- as application processing fee along with Rs. 80/- as examination fee. Ex-Service Men/ BC/SC/ST candidates belonging to the state of Andhra Pradesh are exempted from paying examination fee of Rs. 80/-and have to pay only Rs. 250/- as application processing fee. BC/SC/ST candidates belonging to other states are not exempted from payment of fee.
|Category||Amount (in Rupees)|
|SC/ST/ BC, PH (except VH) of AP||250/-|
|SC/ST/BC from other states||250+80=330/-|
Mode Of Payment
Candidates can pay the above-mentioned fee using debit card / credit card / net banking. Fee submitted using IPOs / Demand Drafts will not be accepted. For every correction, candidates will have to pay an amount of Rs. 100/-. However, corrections / changes are not allowed for fee, name and age relaxation.
APPSC FSO Examination 2019 Application Form & Process
It is confirmed that interested candidates have to fill and submit an online application to apply for this recruitment event. After release of official notification, Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) will open online application submission portal for eligible candidates. The procedure to apply online is given below.
APPSC Food Inspector/ Food Safety Officer – How To Apply
The first thing a candidate will need to do is to go through one time profile registration (OTPR) on APPSC’s official website. It is a mandatory process for each candidate out there. Fill all the correct information for OTPR. After registering yourself through OTPR, you will be able to apply for this upcoming recruitment event. Steps to complete OTPR are given below:
- Open AP Public Service Commission’s official website in your browser or just click here
- Find and click on the one time profile registration (OTPR) section; you will see it on the right side
- Hit the cursor on the ‘Direct recruitment’ link to continue
- For ‘New Registration’, provide all your details carefully
- Now upload scanned copies of photo and signature in required format
- Hit the cursor on save option and write down registration id.
Instantly, you will get confirmation SMS as well as mail with confirmation message and registration/reference ID. You can also recover your registration id in case if you forgotten by clicking on Recover OTPR.
Online Application Submission
- On homepage of APPSC’s website, find and click on the ‘Online application submission’ section
- Use your user id/OTPR ID along with your mobile number (at this point, you can also reset your password)
- Now, log in to your account by providing User Id/OTPR ID and password
- Now enter the captcha as shown in image
- Fill and submit the details and again click on online submission of application and select group 1 services APPSC Food Safety Officer
- click on I have read option and enter the required details and Select Payment option to pay the fee
- After making the payment successfully, you will get a confirmation message along with a payment reference ID
- Now, you’ll be redirected to the application form where you have to enter qualification details, examination centre etc.
- Fill and submit all the details in the application form carefully
- On submitting the application form, you’ll get application receipt; print it and keep it save for future reference/correspondence
- Don’t forget to save & print your final submitted application
APPSC Food Inspectors/ Food safety officer, Asst Food Controller’s 2019 Exam Pattern
Below we have mentioned revised APPSC Food safety officer scheme of exam/ examination pattern. APPSC has released final examination pattern. Candidates can check Exam pattern and syllabus by going through the below link.
APPSC Food safety officer written exam will have objective questions. Written exam consists of 2 papers, namely
Paper 1: General Studies & Mental Ability
Paper 2 : Concerned subject
|WRITTEN (OBJECTIVE TYPE) EXAMINATION|
|Paper No.||Subject||Marks||Duration||No. of Questions|
|Paper I||General Studies||150||150 minutes||150|
|Paper II||Concerned Subject||150||150 minutes||150|
Negative marking: 1/3rd prescribed marks will be deducted for wrong answer as a penalty
APPSC FSO Recruitment 2019 Procedure of Selection
Final selection of candidates for the posts will be done on the basis of order of merit to be prepared after considering marks obtained by the applicants in the computer based examination.
Minimum Qualifying Marks
- 30% for SCs and STs
- 35% for BCs
- 40% for OCs
APPSC FSO, Food Inspector 2019 Syllabus
Examination syllabus of APPSC Food safety officer 2019 has been given elaborately below.
Part 1: General Studies & Mental Ability
|1||Current events of National and International Importance|
|2||General Mental Ability|
|3||History of India-Social, Economic, Cultural and Political aspects|
|5||Indian Geography with a focus on A.P|
|6||Indian Polity and Economy|
- In current events, knowledge of significant national and international events will be tested. In History of India, emphasis will be on broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic and political aspects.
- On general mental ability, the candidates will be tested on reasoning and analytical abilities.
- Questions on Indian National Movement will relate to the nature and character of the nineteenth century resurgence, growth of Nationalism and attainment of independence. In geography emphasis will be on geography of India.
- The Questions on General Science will include General understanding and appreciation of science including matters of every day experience and observation, as may be expected of a well educated person who has not made a special study of any particular scientific discipline.
- Questions on geography of India will relate to physical, social and economic geography of the country, including the main features of the Indian agricultural and natural resources.
- AP Bifurcation, AP Reorganization Act 2004, issues related to bifurcation and post bifurcation etc.
Part 2 : Concerned Subject
- Food Chemistry
- Food Processing technology
- Public & Occupational health and Nutrition
- Food Microbiology
- Hygiene & Sanitation
- Food Laws and Organizations
APPSC FSO/ Food Inspectors Examination 2019 Hall Tickets
Few days before main/Written examination, candidates will be informed by APPSC to download call letters from official website. To get call letter, a candidate has to pay a visit to APPSC’s official website.
How To Get Hall Tickets?
- Visit APPSC Official website
- Find and click on Hall tickets link for APPSC Food Inspectors/Food Safety Officer exam 2019
- Enter required details
- Save or print hall ticket
APPSC FSO/ Food Inspectors Exam 2019 Results
APPSC will announce results officially after evaluating each candidate’s performance. Like always, this year too results will be announced on APPSC’s official website. To know more regarding results and other related information, you guys out there have to wait for further update.
|APPSC Food Safety Officer 2019 Syllabus||APPSC Food Safety Officer Hall Tickets|
|APPSC Food Safety Officer 2019 Results||APPSC Food Safety Officer Apply Online|
APPSC Food Safety Officer’s FAQs
Q. What Is Total Number Of Vacancies For AP Food Safety Officer?
A. Total Vacancies of APPSC Food safety officer is 22.
Q. What Is The Scale Of Pay For The Post Of Food Safety Officer?
A.Rs.28,940 – 78,910 is the scale of pay for the post of APPSC Food Safety Officer.
Q. From Where I Can Get The Proforma Application Of AP Food Safety Officer?
A. The proforma application is available on APPSC’s website i.e. https://psc.ap.gov.in up to Mar 28, 2019.
Q. What Is The Criteria Of Conducting Screening Test?
A. If the commission will receive more than 25,000 applications for the post of Food Safety Officer then Screening Test will be conducted in offline mode and to appear for main examination candidates will have to qualify the screening test.
Q. What Is The Date Of Main Examination Of AP FSO?
A. FSO recruitment main examination will be held most probably on May 22, 2019 in online mode (Computer based test).
Q. I’m 35 Years Old and Have A Degree In Agricultural Science. Am I Eligible To Apply For APPSC FSO Recruitment 2019?
A. Yes, you are eligible to apply for the post of FSO.
Q. What Will Be The Type Of Questions In Written Examination?
A. Written examination will have total 300 objective type questions, equally distributed in two papers i.e. Paper 1 & Paper 2.
Q. Is There Any Negative Marking In Paper?
A. Yes, for every wrong answer, 1/3rd of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as negative marking.
In the end, we just want to say our readers that if you require more information about APPSC Food safety officers/ Food Inspectors examination 2019 recruitment event then feel free to contact us.
We wish Best of Luck to our readers out there.