APPSC Group 1 Apply Online 2019 [Application Form For 169 Vacancies] : APPSC Group 1 notification 2018 has been released by APPSC on its official website @psc.ap.gov.in December 31, 2018. Group I 2018 APPSC number (No.) of vacancies are 169 for the posts of deputy collectors, district fire officers, regional transport officers etc. Interested candidates are required to check eligibility criteria, Apply online, APPSC group 1 syllabus, APPSC group 1 2018 exam date, admit card, results and exam pattern.
- Age Limit
- Application Fee
- Application Form
- Apply Online
- Online Application
- Exam Pattern
- Hall Tickets
APPSC Group 1 Quick Look
|Recruitment conducted by||Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC)|
|Official notification released on||December 31, 2018|
|Post names||Deputy Collectors, District Fire Officers, Regional Transport Officers etc.|
|Total number of vacancies||169 [125- fresh and 44 - CF]|
|Application Form starting date||January 07, 2019|
for payment of fee
|January 27, 2019 up to 11:59 mid night|
|Application Form submission last date||January 28, 2019|
|Job Place||Within the Andhra Pradesh|
|Admit Cards will be available to download||7 days before commencement of exams|
|Preliminary Examination||March 10, 2019 [tentative]|
|Main examination||from June 10 to 22, 2019 [tentative]|
|Apply Online at||http://psc.ap.gov.in|
APPSC Group 1 Notification 2018-19
The Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission also called as APPSC, has announced APPSC Group-I examination 2018 notification to hire eligible candidates for Group-I services. Group 1 notification 2018 APPSC was released on Dec 31st, 2019. Candidates can check or download it from psc.ap.gov.in. Here we have given a direct link to download APPSC Group 1 notification pdf 2018.
APPSC Group-I examination 2018 would be a great option for those candidates who want to build their career in government sector. Interested eligible candidates need to visit APPSC’s official website or this page regularly in order to get regular updates regarding APPSC Group-I service.
APPSC Group 1 Vacancies 2018-19
Now, it is confirmed that there are total 169 vacancies for various posts to be filled through this APPSC Group-I recruitment event. Out of 169 vacancies, 125 vacancies are fresh and 44 vacancies are carried forward vacancies. Various available vacancies and number of posts are tabulated below
|Post code No.||Name of the post||Fresh Vacancies||Carried forward vacancies|
|02||Assistant Commissioner of State Tax||05||03|
|08||Assistant Prohibition & Excise Superintendent||10||01|
|05||District Fire Officer||01||-|
|04||Dy. Superintendent of Jails [Men]||01||01|
|03||DSP (Civil) Cat-2||24||04|
|10||District Registrar in A.P. Registration Service||-||01|
|11||District Employment Officer||-||02|
|12||Deputy Registrars in A.P.|
|13||District Tribal Welfare Officer||-||01|
|14||District Social Welfare Officer||-||01|
|15||District B.C. Welfare Officer||-||01|
|16||District Panchayat Officer||-||01|
|18||Administrative Officer / Lay Secretary & Treasurer Grade.II||-||06|
|19||Assistant Audit Officer||-||07|
Note – Above mentioned number of vacancies is provisional and can be changed. We will update exact number of post-wise vacancies after the release of group 1 notification 2018 APPSC.
APPSC Group 1 Eligibility Criteria 2019
Before attempting online application, candidates are recommended to go through APPSC Group 1 eligibility criteria. Only eligible applicants will be allowed to appear for this recruitment event. Further details can be obtained from below given eligibility criteria.
Age Limit and Relaxation
- For Post Code No. 01, 02, 06, 07 & 09 to 19 – As on July 1st 2018, a candidate must be 18 years old but not have attained more than 42 years of age. They should be born between 2nd July 1976 – 1st July 2000 (including both the dates).
- For Post Code No. 03- As on July 1st 2018, candidate’s minimum and maximum age should be 21 years and 28 years respectively.
- For Post Code No. 04- As on July 1st 2018, candidate’s minimum and maximum age should be 18 years and 28 years respectively.
- For Post Code No. 05- As on July 1st 2018, candidate’s minimum and maximum age should be 21 years and 26 years respectively.
- For Post Code No. 08- As on July 1st 2018, candidate’s minimum and maximum age should be 18 years and 26 years respectively.
Age Relaxation is applicable to the categories as mentioned below:
|SC/ST & BCs||5 years|
|AP State Government Employees|
(except APSRTC, APSEB, Municipalities, Corporations)
|Ex-service men||3 years|
|NCC (who worked as an instructor)||3 years|
|Retrenched temporary employees|
(in state census department)
Post code no. Educational qualifications
01, 02, 03, 04, 07, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 18 & 19 Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent qualification
05 a Degree of Engineering (Fire), if there will be no applicant with B.E (Fire) qualification then applicants with the Degree in any discipline will be considered
06 A degree in Mathematics or Economics or Commerce with at least 2nd division OR a CA of the UK or India or an incorporated Accountant (London)
08 & 17 Bachelor’s Degree
14 A Bachelor’s Degree; but persons having a Degree in Sociology or Social work will be preferred
- For Post Code No. 03 to 05- Must have 86.3 cms round the Chest on full expansion, expansion should be of minimum 5 cms and minimum 167.6 cms in height
- For S.T.- Must have 83.8 cms round the Chest on full expansion, expansion should be of minimum 5 cms and minimum 164 cms in height
- For Post Code No. 03 (Women)- Weight should be not less than 45.5 Kg with at least 86.3 cms round the Chest on full expansion, expansion should be of minimum 5 cms and minimum 152.5 cms in height
- For Post Code No. 08- Must have 86 cms round the Chest on full expansion, expansion should be of minimum 5 cms and minimum 165 cms in height
- For Post Code 03 & 05- Vision- Please refer to APPSC Group 1 notification 2018
|APPSC Group 1 Apply Online 2019||APPSC Group 1 Hall Ticket 2018|
|APPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2019||APPSC Group 1 Notification 2018|
Other Eligibility Conditions
- Applicant should be free from any type of bodily defect and possess a sound health
- Applicant should be an Indian citizen
APPSC Group 1 Application Fee 2019 and Mode Of Payment
All the candidates have to pay a fee of Rs. 250/- as application processing fee along with Rs. 120/- as examination fee for APPSC Group 1 exam. Candidates belonging to SC, ST, BC, PH & Ex-Service Men categories (of Andhra Pradesh only) will be exempted from payment of application processing fee that will be Rs. 250/-and they have to pay only Rs. 120/-. BC/SC/ST Candidates belonging to other states are not exempted from payment of fee.
|Category||Amount (in Rupees)|
|SC/ST/BC from other states||250+120=370/-|
All the candidates can make the payment of their fee by using a debit/credit card or internet banking service. Payment done in other modes will not be accepted. Also, payment will be non-refundable under any circumstances. Candidates opting for corrections will have to pay an amount of Rs. 100/- per correction. However, changes are not allowed for candidate’s name, fee & age relaxation.
APPSC Group 1 Application Form 2019 & Process
Between Jan 07 to 29 of 2019, interested candidates can fill APPSC Group 1 online application to apply online for any of the above-mentioned posts. However, the last date for payment of fee is Jan 27, 2019 up to 11:59 mid night. Confirmed dates of start and last date of application submission on APPSC portal has been released by APPSC through APPSC Group 1 notification 2018. Below we have provided procedure to submit online application for our readers.
How To Apply – APPSC Group 1 Apply Online 2019?
The very first thing eligible candidates will need to do is to make a profile by going through APPSC’s One time profile registration (OTPR) system. Registering through OTPR will be necessary for every candidate. After going through OTPR system, candidates will get a OTPR User ID. With this, they will be able to complete their rest of the online application. Steps to go through OTPR system are given below:
One Time Profile Registration (OTPR)
- Go to APPSC’s official website @psc.ap.gov.in
- On homepage, you will have to find and click on the one time profile registration (OTPR) section
- Now, find ‘Direct recruitment’ option, against that find and click on ‘New Registration’ to fill up a registration form
- Enter Aadhaar number and name as per Aadhaar, fill basic details like name as per SSC certificate, DOB, select Gender, fill birth place details, identification marks, PH category if any, Address details, provide email id, mobile no.
- Enter education details from 4th class to highest degree, add additional qualifications if any
- After filling up the form, you will have to upload scanned copies of your latest photo (50kb, 3.5 x 4.5cm, JPG/JPEG) and signature (30kb, 3.5 x 1.5cm, JPG/JPEG) in prescribed format, select declaration and click on preview to check details and finally click on submit
- Instantly, you will get a confirmation SMS along with a mail having your system-generated registration/reference ID.
- To proceed with further online application process, you will have to use your system-generated registration/reference ID
- Further steps are given below
APPSC Group 1 Online Application Submission 2019
After going through OTPR system, candidates will have to apply online to submit APPSC Group 1 final application form by going through ‘online application submission’ system. The steps for the same are provided below.
- Open APPSC website or click here https://psc.ap.gov.in/
- On homepage, you will see few active links
- Find and click on ‘Click Here’ link available against ‘For Online Application Submission of Notifications’
- On clicking the said link, ‘New User Login Registration’ page will be opened
- Click on ‘Existing User’ tab
- ‘User Login’ page will be opened
- Enter ‘User ID’, ‘Password’ then ‘Captcha’ as shown in below given box
- Then click on tab ‘Login’
- After login, the first thing you will have to do is to submit fee, therefore find Notification No.27/2018, Dt.31/12/2018, then select ‘Fee Payment’ option; but if you have already paid the fees then you can check status by clicking on ‘check payment status’ link / tab; with this link, you can also download payment receipt and application form
- Read and accept declaration statement
- Your personal details such as ‘OTPR Reference ID’, ‘Name’, ‘Date of Birth’ etc. will be auto-loaded from OTPR
- Select ‘Yes’ if you belong to Creamy Layer, otherwise ‘No’
- Select other appropriate options
- Go through ‘Payment Details’ section to find out the amount to be paid against Application processing fee and exam fee
- Then read and accept the declaration
- Recheck all the details then click on tab ‘Initiate Payment’
- Firstly, click on ‘Confirm’ tab then ‘Continue’ tab
- Select the only given option i.e. ‘APOnline Payment Gateway’
- On next section, you will see 3 options – ‘Net Banking, Credit Card & Debit Card’; Select the option through which you want to submit fees
- Then read and accept the ‘APOnline PG Terms & Conditions’
- Click on tab ‘Pay Now’
- Enter the asked details to make payment online
- On successful payment, your application form will be loaded
- Enter ‘Village’ name then enter ‘White card number’
- Select ‘Yes’ if you are a PH person and need a scribe otherwise ‘No’
- Select ‘Yes’ if you are migrated from TS otherwise ‘No’
- Select ‘Qualification details’ like ‘Qualification’, ‘University’ and ‘Date of acquiring qualification’
- Select option to declare ‘Local Status’
- Select 3 districts for preliminary examination and 1 district for Main examination
- Read and accept the declaration statement
- Then click on tab ‘Save’
- A message will pop up on screen that says ‘Your Application is submitted successfully’. Message will also have your application ID to be noted down carefully
- Click on tab ‘OK’
- Your final submitted application form will be loaded; print and keep it safe for future reference
APPSC Group 1 Exam Pattern 2019
Examination consists of three stages namely Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview. In preliminary examination candidates will be filtered out in huge numbers through a screening test having two separate papers. Both papers will have only objective type questions. paper 1 will be for the topics on General Studies & Paper 2 for General Aptitude. Preliminary Examination will be qualifying in nature. There will be a negative marking of 1/3rd mark for each wrong attempt in both papers. Paper 1 & Paper 2 both will be of 120 marks each.
In main examination the candidate’s descriptive and analytical skills will be tested through number of papers which are in descriptive type which includes General English and Telugu compulsory paper of qualifying in nature and other papers of paper I to Paper V. Finally interview will be conducted to check the suitability and personality of the candidates. The scheme of examination has been given below and described in a table format.
|S. No||Exam type||Subject||Marks||Duration|
|1||Preliminary||Paper 1 - General Studies |
(120 Objective Questions)
|Paper 2 - General Aptitude|
(120 Objective Questions)
|Compulsory Paper (General English -Qualifying)||150||3 hours|
|Compulsory Paper Telugu- Qualifying||150||3 hours|
|Paper I||General Essay||150||3 hours|
|Paper II||History, Culture and Geography of India and Andhra Pradesh||150||3 hours|
|Paper III||Polity, Constitution, Governance, Law and Ethics||150||3 hours|
|Paper IV||Economy and Development of India and Andhra Pradesh||150||3 hours|
|Paper V||Science, Technology and Environmental Issues||150||3 hours|
In the main examination, candidates will have to qualify papers of Telugu and English. Marks obtained in the papers of Telugu and English will not be counted for merit. Qualifying marks for each individual paper are 30% for SC / ST / PH, 35 % for B.C’s and 40 % for OC’s.
Candidates qualified in the main examination will be called for an Interview.
APPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2019
APPSC has changed Exam pattern and syllabus and released the final scheme of examinations and syllabus on Oct 22, 2018.
- Prelims final scheme of exam Pattern and Syllabus pdf : Click here
- Mains final scheme of exam Pattern and Syllabus pdf: Click here
Examination syllabus has been given elaborately below.
APPSC Group 1 Preliminary Exam Syllabus
Paper wise syllabus is given below
|Paper No.||Paper Name||Subject Name||Marks Assigned||Topics|
|1||General Studies||History & Culture||30||Features, Sites, Society, Cultural History, Art and Religion of Indus Valley Civilization, Vedic Age, The European Trading companies in India, Indian War of Independence of 1857, The kanauj and their contributions, the Delhi Sultanate, thoughts, principles and philosophy of Mahatma Gandhi etc.|
|Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International Relations||30||Indian Constitution, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy & Governance, India's Foreign Policy, Constitutional Authorities, Rights Issues, Impact of Liberalization, Privatization and Globalization on Governance etc.|
|Indian and Andhra Pradesh Economy and Planning||30||A.P. Reorganisation Act, 2014 Basic characteristics / features of Indian Economy, National Income and its concepts and components, Indian Agriculture, Industrial Policy, India and WTO, Financial Institutions in India and their policies etc.|
|Geography||30||General Geography, Physical, Social & Economic: World, India and concerned State etc.|
|2||General Aptitude||General Mental and Psychological Abilities||60||Number Series, Coding-Decoding, Speed & Distance, Time & Distance, Time & Work, Ratio, proportion & variation, Number system & order of Magnitude, Data interpretation, Assessment of Personality, Social Intelligence & Interpersonal skills, . Decision Making & Problem solving etc.|
|Science & Technology||30||Information & Communication Technology (ICT), Technology in Space & Defense, Environmental Science, Genetic Engineering, Energy Requirement & Efficiency etc.|
|Current Events of Regional, National and International Importance||30||-|
APPSC Group 1 Main Exam Syllabus
- Compulsory papers – English and Telugu (Qualifying)
- Paper I to Paper V
Scheme & Syllabus Of English Compulsory Paper
It will be descriptive type test having 10 questions of total 150 marks. Time duration will be 150 minutes. Syllabus is given below
|Serial no.||Type of questions||Answered in words (Minimum-maximum)||Marks to be allotted|
|2||Letter Writing||in about 100 words||10|
|3||Press Release / Appeal||in about 100 words||10|
|4||Report Writing||in about 150 words||15|
|5||Writing on Visual Information||in about 150 words||15|
|6||Formal Speech||in about 150 words||15|
|7||Precis Writing||in about 100 words||15|
|9||Topics of English Grammar (multiple choice questions)||-||20|
|10||Translation (from Regional Language to English)||(of about 150 words)||15|
Scheme & Syllabus Of Telugu Compulsory Paper
It will be descriptive type test having 13 questions of total 150 marks. Time duration will be 150 minutes. Syllabus is given below
|Serial No.||Type of Question||Marks to be alloted|
|6||Preparation of Statements||10|
|11||Dialogue Writing / Dialogue Skills||10|
|12||Translation (English to Telugu language)||10|
|13||Grammar of Telugu||20|
Other Mains Examination Syllabus
|1||Paper I||General Essay
i. Socio economic issues
ii. Current affairs
iii. Socio - political issues
iv. Socio- environmental issues
v. Cultural and historical aspects
Issues related to civic awareness vii. reflective topics
|2||Paper II||History, Culture and Geography of India and Andhra Pradesh
Pre-Historic Cultures in India, Delhi Sultanates, Advent of Islam and its Impact, the Qutubsahis and cotemporary South Indian kingdoms, the Mughals Administration, rise of British rule in India from 1757 to 1856, Indian Nationalism in 3 phases [Freedom Struggle 1885-1905, 1905-1920 and Gandhi Phase 1920-1947], India after Independence, Indian constitution, Foreign Policy Initiatives, Ancient, medieval & modern History and Culture of Andhra Pradesh, Nationalist Movement, Geography of India and Andhra Pradesh etc.
|3||Paper III||Salient features of Indian Constitution, structure and functions of Judiciary in India, structure, functioning, conduct of business, powers & privileges and issues arising out of Parliament and State Legislatures, constitutional authorities and their role, rural and urban local governance, Meaning, nature and scope of public administration, Good governance and e-governance, role of civil services in democracy, Concept of Public Service, human values, ethics and human interface, Salient features of Indian Constitution, structure and functions of Judiciary in India, structure, functioning, conduct of business, powers & privileges and issues arising out of Parliament and State Legislatures, constitutional authorities and their role, rural and urban local governance, Meaning, nature and scope of public administration, Good governance and e-governance, role of civil services in democracy, Concept of Public Service, human values, ethics and human interface, issues and challenges in ethics etc.
|4||Paper IV||Challenges of Indian economy
Challenges of Indian economy, agricultural development and main Issues, agricultural pattern in Andhra Pradesh, resource mobilization in India and Andhra Pradesh, meaning and concept of inclusion & inclusive growth in Andhra Pradesh, Indian government and Andhra Pradesh budgeting, industrial policy and industrial development in India and AP, Industrial Finance in India, infrastructure in India and AP, investment in India etc.
|5||Paper V||Technology and Innovation, Role and Scope of Science and Technology in nation building, Integration of Science, Technology and Innovation for better human life, Achievements of Indian Scientist, importance, advantages and challenges of Information and Communication Technology (ICT), E-governance and India, IT development in India and AP, Government of India Policy on IT etc.
Issues related to Intellectual Property Rights in the field of Science and Technology. Promotion of Science in AP and India.
Indian's energy needs, Salient features of Nuclear Policy of India, Government Policies and Programmes, Indian Energy Sciences, Conventional energy powers, thermal, renewable energy resources etc.
Introduction & basic concepts of genetic engineering, introduction to immunity, production of modern vaccines etc. Human diseases-microbial infections, basic knowledge of infections- tuberculosis, malaria, diarrhoea, dysentry, cholera, viral infections like Chikungunya, HIV, Encephalitis, bird flu-preventive measures during out breaks.
APPSC Group 1 Hall Tickets 2019
Candidates will get a separate hall ticket for each stage of examination. APPSC Group 1 hall tickets will be released 7 days before commencement of examination. Candidates can obtain Hall tickets/ Call letters for preliminary, main examinations and interview from APPSC’s official website. To download call letters, candidates will need to login into their online account available on APPSC’s official website.
- Open APPSC website and click on APPSC Group 1 Prelim/ Main/ Interview Hall ticket/ Call letter link
- Enter OTPR ID and Password
- Click on relevant link
- Save and print APPSC Hall ticket for Prelims/ Main/ interview.
APPSC Group 1 Results 2018-19
APPSC will announce each stage of examination results separately. To check results, candidates will require to visit APPSC’s official website and login into their account. Once results are announced, APPSC will announce dates of next stage of Exam process. Eligible candidates will also get notice of next examination through either SMS or Email. Final results will be declared after interview process is completed.
- Open APPSC official website
- Find and click on APPSC Group 1 Prelim/ Main/ Final result 2018 link
- Download pdf to check roll number
- To check score click on relevant link
- Enter OTPR ID and Password and check the score
Read : APPSC Group 1 Results 2019
APPSC Group 1 Salary 2018-19
Post code no. Scale of Pay (in Rs.)
01, 02, 03 40,270-93,780/-
04, 05, 07, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 37,100-91,450/-
06, 17, 18 & 19 35,120-87,130/-
APPSC Group 1 FAQs
Q. What Is The Total Number Of Vacancies?
A. Total number of vacancies is 169 (44 CF and 125 fresh vacancies).
Q. What Is The Last Date For Payment Of Fee?
A. Jan 27, 2019 is the last date for payment of fee upto 11:59 mid night.
Q. Is It Necessary To Register Through OTPR?
A. If you want to apply to any notification under APPSC then you’ll have to register your bio-data particulars through One Time Profile Registration (OTPR) on the Commission’s Website viz., psc.ap.gov.in.
Hope the article is helpful for you guys out there. After release of official notification, we will update this piece of writing, so keep checking this page. We wish you Best of Luck for APPSC group-I services recruitment 2018.