The APPSC Group 3 Syllabus, Scheme of Examination and Selection process has discussed in detail here. APPSC Group III examination 2018 will be conducted by Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission for filling up vacant posts of Panchayat secretary Grade IV. It is a great opportunity for aspirants who wished to do a government job in Andhra Pradesh.
Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission recruits interested candidates for these 1000 APPSC Panchayat Secretary vacancies this year. To apply for this examination, the interested candidate must be an Indian citizen and should be aged between 18-42 years. Candidates less than 18 years and more than 42 years will not be eligible to apply for APPSC Group III examination 2018. Eligible candidates should apply for the vacancies online though the official site www.psc.ap.gov.in.
At first the APPSC Group 3 Preliminary examination will be held followed by the main examination. The candidates need to download the Admit card in order to attend APPSC Group III Prelim and Main examination 2018. Before starting the exam preparation you should be completely aware of the exam pattern, syllabus and selection process.
Key Highlights Of APPSC Group III 2018
Go through the below mentioned table to have an overview regarding APPSC Group-3 examination 2018:
|Name of The Organisation||Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|Name of the Post||Panchayat Secretary posts Grade IV|
|Application Start Date||Sep/Oct 2018|
|Application End Date||Sep/Oct 2018|
|Job Location||Andhra Pradesh|
Read : APPSC Group 3 Notification
APPSC Group III 2018 Exam Scheme
While preparing for APPSC Group III 2018 examination, it is important for a candidate to be aware of APPSC Group III examination pattern. Few important details regarding APPSC Group III 2018 examination pattern are described as follows:-
- Screening test or the preliminary examination will be qualifying in nature
- Both the preliminary and main examinations will be of objective type
- Both prelim and Main exam will be conducted online, the question will be of MCQ (multiple choice questions) type
APPSC Group 3 Section-Wise Scheme Of Examination
Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission releases the preliminary as well as the main examination pattern on its official notification.
- APPSC Group-III examination 2018 is an objective type written examination
- The examination of APPSC Group III will be held in online mode
- APPSC Group-III examination 2018 will have a preliminary examination at first and then the main examination
- The preliminary examination will be conducted for 150 marks and 150 questions
- The duration of the preliminary examination is 150 minutes
- The main examination of APPSC Group-III examination 2018 will be conducted in two parts
- The first part will consist of Paper I and the second part is of Paper II
- Each of the paper is of 150 marks and contains 150 questions
- 150 minutes is assigned to each paper in the main examination
- The total APPSC Group-III Main examination 2018 will be conducted for 300 marks
The table below explains APSC Group-III examination 2018 pattern in a comprehensive way.
|Exam type||Papers||Subject name||Questions||Marks||Exam duration|
|Screening test||General studies||150||150||150|
|Paper I||General studies:|
Mental Ability and Language Ability.
|Paper II||Problems in rural areas and rural development with special reference to Andhra Pradesh||150||150||150|
Marking Scheme Of APPSC Group 3
The following marking scheme is applicable for APPSC Group III 2018 examination:
- Every objective question will be of 1 mark
- Correct answers will have marks awarded against it
- If a candidate submits more than one answer for a question, then it will be treated as an incorrect answer. Even if one of the answers is correct, no marks will be awarded
- Negative marking is present. 33 negative marking is levied as penalty for each wrong answer you mark in APPSC Group-III examination 2018.
APPSC Group 3 Syllabus 2018
The candidates appearing for APPSC Group-III examination 2018 should follow the official syllabus that has been released for the preparation of APPSC Group-III examination 2018. Get an idea of the syllabus along with its features by looking here.
|Examination (MCQs) Degree Standard||No. of Questions||Duration (Minutes)||Max. marks||Syllabus|
|Screening test||150||150||150||This test will have MCQs from the following topics- Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its Administrative, Political, Economic, Social, Cultural & legal implications/problems, over view of Indian Constitution, analytical ability, Logical reasoning & data interpretation, Economic development in India since independence, History of Modern India with emphasis upon Indian national movement, regional/national/international current affairs, Women empowerment & Economic development through self help groups and so on.|
|Paper-1 : General Studies & Mental Ability||150||150||150||This paper will have MCQs from the following topics- over view of Indian Constitution, data interpretation, analytical ability & logical reasoning, regional/national/international current affairs, geography of India with focus on A.P etc.|
|Paper-2 : Rural Development & Problems in Rural Areas with special reference to Andhra Pradesh||150||150||150||This paper will have MCQs from the following topics- Roles & responsibilities of Panchayat Secretary, Key Schemes of Panchayat Raj Department of A.P., Revenue & expenditure Management of local bodies, Evolution of Panchayat Raj system in India as well as in Andhra Pradesh, Rural Sociology: History & Evolution of schemes catering to upliftment of rural poor and so on.|
APPSC Group 3 Selection Process 2018
The candidates will be selected for APPSC 2018 based on their performance in the examination. The process of short listing the candidates for 2018 is as follows:
- Preliminary examination is of qualifying in nature, candidates qualified in the preliminary examination will be called to appear for the main examination
- After appearing the main examination, APPSC will release merit list based on the performance and the selected candidate has to appear for document verification
- The selection process of APPSC Group-III examination 2018 consists of written examination as well as document verification
- In order to get shortlisted in APPSC Group 3, the interested candidates have to qualify the screening test, and score the above cut-off in the main examination conducted for APPSC Group-III examination 2018
- The selected candidates need to submit attested photo copies of required certificates as well as original documents along with other essential particulars for document verification.
- If the details provided in the application form are different from that of the original ones, the candidature will be rejected
- Certificates are carefully verified and a final merit list is prepared
- Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission makes the final selected list after document verification
- The selected candidates also have to go through a medical test and will be appointed only if they are found medically fit.