Panchayat Secretary 2018 Syllabus & Exam Pattern : The APPSC Group 3 Syllabus, Scheme of Examination and Selection process has discussed in detail here. APPSC Group III examination 2018 will be conducted by Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission for filling up 1051 posts of Panchayat secretary Grade IV in A.P. Panchayat Raj Subordinate Service. It is a great opportunity for those aspirants who wished to do a government job in Andhra Pradesh.
In the year 2018-19, the Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission will conduct a general recruitment event for Group III services. Through, this event the commission will recruit deserving candidates for the post of Panchayat Secretary (Grade-IV) in A.P. Panchayat Raj Subordinate Service. There are total 1051 vacancies, out of which 1000 fresh and 51 ‘Carried Forward’ vacancies. To be eligible for the post of Panchayat Secretary, the candidate should be an Indian citizen and aged between 18-42 years. Eligible candidates can apply and appear in the exam for the said post to get selected.
At first the APPSC Group 3 Preliminary examination will be held followed by the main examination. The candidates need to download the Admit card in order to attend APPSC Group III Prelim and Main examination 2018. Candidates who will be appearing for Panchayat Secretary (Grade-IV) examination should aware of exam pattern, syllabus and selection process. Knowing each of the said things will help them in securing a high position in final merit.
APPSC Group 3 2018 Overview
|Name of The Organisation||Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|Name of the Post||Panchayat Secretary posts Grade IV|
|Application Start Date||Dec 27, 2018|
|Application End Date||Jan 19, 2019|
|Job Location||Andhra Pradesh|
Read : APPSC Group 3 Notification
APPSC Group 3 Exam Pattern 2018 Table view
Date of test April 21, 2019 Mode of test Offline Type and standard Objective type test | Degree Total no. of questions 150 Test Duration 150 Maximum marks 150 Negative marks 1/3 rd of 1 mark for each wrong answer
Date of test August 02, 2019 Mode of test Online i.e. Computer Based Test Type and standard Objective type test | Degree Total no. of questions 300 Test Duration 300 Maximum marks 300 Negative marks 1/3 rd of 1 mark for each wrong answer
APPSC Group 3 2018 Exam Pattern Detailed view
Candidates who successfully fill and submit an online application to apply for the post of Panchayat Secretary (Grade-IV) will be called to write a preliminary / screening test. It will be conducted in offline mode if number of applicants is more than 25,000. The screening test is likely to be held on April 21, 2019.
APPSC Group 3 screening test will be an objective type test divided into two parts – Part A & Part B. Each part of the paper shall have 75 MCQs, each of 1 mark. For each wrong answer, 1/3rd of the marks prescribed for the question will be deducted towards negative marking. Candidates will get maximum 75 minutes to solve each part of the question paper. Maximum marks assigned to screening test will be 150.
APPSC Group 3 Syllabus For Screening Test
Part Syllabus / topics to be asked Part A General Studies & Mental Ability This part of screening test will have 75 MCQs on topics like Current affairs- international, national and regional, Events of national and international importance, data analysis, data interpretation, analytical ability, logical reasoning, Indian polity and governance, Disaster management, Physical geography of AP and Indian sub-continent etc. Part B Rural Development and Problems in Rural Areas with special reference to Andhra Pradesh It will have 75 MCQs on topics like Rural Sociology, Women empowerment, Roles and responsibilities of Panchayat Secretary, Evolution and key schemes of Panchayat Raj system in Andhra Pradesh, Rural economy of AP etc.
Candidates who qualify APPSC group 3 screening test will be called to appear for main examination. It is likely to be held online through computer-based test on August 02, 2019. Like screening test, main examination will also have 300 objective type questions equally distributed among two papers – Paper 1 & Paper 2. Candidates will have to write the both papers.
Each paper of main examination shall have 150 MCQs, each of 1 mark. For each wrong answer, 1/3rd of the marks prescribed for the question will be deducted towards negative marking. Candidates will get maximum 150 minutes to solve each paper. Maximum marks assigned to main examination will be 300.
APPSC Group 3 Syllabus For Main Examination
Paper Syllabus / topics to be asked Paper 1 General Studies & Mental Ability This paper will have 150 MCQs, each of 1 mark on topics like General Science and it applications, data interpretation, analytical ability, Logical reasoning, Physical geography of AP and Indian sub-continent, Current affairs- international, national and regional, Economic development in India, Data Analysis etc. Paper 2 Rural Development and Problems in Rural Areas with special reference to Andhra Pradesh It will also have 150 MCQs, each of 1 mark on topics such as Women Empowerment, Rural Economy of AP, Rural Sociology, Roles and responsibilities of Panchayat Secretary, Evolution of Panchayat Raj system in India and AP, Rural Credit Scenario of AP etc.
APPSC Group 3 Exam Marking Scheme 2018
The following marking scheme is applicable for both Screening test and main examination of APPSC Group 3 2018
- Every objective question will be of 1 mark
- Correct answers will have marks awarded against it
- If a candidate submits more than one answer for a question, then it will be treated as an incorrect answer. Even if one of the answers is correct, no marks will be awarded
- Negative marking is present. 1/3rd of the marks prescribed to the question will be deducted as negative marking.
APPSC Group 3 Selection Process 2018
The candidates will be selected for APPSC 2018 based on their performance in the examination. The process of short listing the candidates for 2018 is as follows:
- Preliminary examination is of qualifying in nature, candidates qualified in the preliminary examination will be called to appear for the main examination
- After appearing the main examination, APPSC will release merit list based on the performance and the selected candidate has to appear for document verification
- The selection process of APPSC Group-III examination 2018 consists of written examination as well as document verification
- In order to get shortlisted in APPSC Group 3, the interested candidates will have to qualify the screening test, and score the above cut-off in the main examination conducted for APPSC Group-III examination 2018
- The selected candidates need to submit attested photo copies of required certificates as well as original documents along with other essential particulars for document verification.
- If the details provided in the application form are different from that of the original ones, the candidature will be rejected
- Certificates are carefully verified and a final merit list is prepared
- Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission makes the final selected list after document verification
- The selected candidates also have to go through a medical test and will be appointed only if they are found medically fit.