APPSC Group 4 :
Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission also known as APPSC is one of the largest state based recruitment agencies in India. The commission was set up on 1 Nov 1956 by merging the Hyderabad and Andhra public service commission but again it has been separated post bifurcation of the state.
Every year, APPSC fill thousands of vacancies in the various government offices located across the state. From Group 4 to Group 1, every government post has been filled by the Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission.
In the year 2018, the APPSC has also issued official notification on their website. Released notification quoted that APPSC is going to conduct a recruitment exam to fill up several vacancies under Group-4 services for the year 2018-19. Only online applications are invited from the first week of September to the last week of October 2018 and there will no availability of offline applications through any mode. Before filling online application, the candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria, number of posts or vacancies. APPSC’s Group-4 examination would be a great opportunity for such candidates who dream about career in Government sector.
Posts Under APPSC Group 4 Services
The commission still not released the number of vacancies for various posts under Group-4 Services. But it is assumed that by this exam, several vacancies are going to be filled in various departments. Those are
- Junior Assistants in Director of Ports
- Junior Assistant in R&B Dept
- Junior Assistant in Forest Department
- Junior Assistant cum Typist in Forest Department
- Junior Assistant cum Typist in DG & IG of Prison and Correctional Dept
- Junior Assistant cum Typist in Social Welfare Dept
- Junior Assistants in Fire Dept
- Junior Assistants in Social Welfare Dept
- Junior Assistants from Prisons and Correctional Department
- Junior Assistants from CCLA
- Junior Assistants in Registration and Stamps Department
- Junior Accountants in Treasuries and Accounts subordinate service
APPSC Group 4 Fee Details
All the general/OBC candidates has to pay a fee of Rupees 100/- as examination processing fee and Rs. 80 towards examination fee. SC/ST candidates need to pay only 100/- as their online application fees. All candidates either they belong to reserved category or not, must have to pay requisite application processing fee.
Mode Of Payment
All the applicants need to pay their fees through online/ by Challan. An applicant can obtain a challan form through any State Bank of India branch/AP online centers. An applicant can check the full list of AP centers in their districts/state on the APPSC’s official web portal.
Those candidates who have done graduation from Open Universities / Distance Education mode must have a recognized degree by the DEC (also known as Distance Education Council), IGNOU.
A candidate must be aged in between 18 to 36 years. There is a relaxation in age for certain category as mentioned below.[table “2” not found /]
How To Apply ?
Interested students are advised to register through one time profile registration (OTPR) on APPSC official website psc.ap.gov.in before applying for APPSC Group-4. OTPR is a mandatory process and it is a detailed form and one should register by giving exact information. Once OTPR registration has been completed, the candidates should apply for group-4 posts by clicking on the link provided on the official website or you can access the link directly by clicking here.
1. Open APPSC official website psc.ap.gov.in
2. Click on one time profile registration (OTPR) which is on the right side
3. Select Direct recruitment and click continue
4. Click on New Registration and enter the required details.
5. Upload photo and signature in JPG/JPEG format and click on save option and note down registration id.
A candidate will get confirmation SMS and mail with confirmation message and registration/reference ID. One can also recover their registration id if forgotten by clicking on Recover OTPR option.
APPSC Group 4 Online Application Submission
1. Click on Online application submission which is below the OTPR option
2. Enter user id/OTPR ID and mobile number and set password if you are newly registered
3. Click on Go button and you will get successful message
4. Log in by providing User Id/OTPR ID and password and enter captcha
5. Submit the details and again click on online submission of application and select group 1 services
6. click on I have read option and enter the required details and Select Payment option to pay the fee
7. After successful payment the candidates will get confirmation message on the screen
8. Save the submitted application for further reference.
Scheme Of Written Examination
Written exam consists of multiple choice questions which includes Paper 1 and 2. The scheme of examination has been given below and described in a table format.
Documents Needed For Verification
- Residence Certificate
- Declaration by the Un-Employed candidate
- Caste Certificate for SC/ST and OBC candidates claiming relaxation
- Certificate of Community, Nativity and Date of Birth
- Educational Certificates/ Mark Sheets
- Medical Certificate for the Blind candidates
- Certificate of disability including Hearing Disability and Hearing Assessment for certain persons
- Medical Certificate relating to Orthopedically Handicapped Candidates for certain persons
APPSC Group 4 Important Dates 2018
Candidates are requested to go through official notification thoroughly for detailed information. Click here to download official notification.
Hope the article is helpful and we update all the latest information at the earliest after the official confirmation, so keep checking for further updates related the examinations and results.