APSET 2018 – Application Form, Registration :
Andhra University has released an official notification for APSET 2018 on its official website @ apset.net.in. All the interested candidates should read AP state eligibility test notification 2018 to know all the details related to this recruitment test conducted by Andhra University, Visakhapatnam.
APSET 2018 is the state eligibility test conducted by the university on the behalf of government of Andhra for the recruitment of Lecturers and Assistant Professors in the state. This examination is to recruit assistant professors and lecturers in the colleges that come under the state. Andhra Pradesh has 1192 aided and unaided degree colleges, 26 Universities and 146 government degree colleges.
Important Dates for APSET 2018
|Online Registration Starts||March 26, 2018|
|Closure of Online Registration without Late Fee||May 2, 2018|
|Closure of Online Registration with Late Fee of INR 1000 along with Registration Fee||May 10, 2018|
|Closure of Online Registration with Late Fee of INR 2000 along with Registration Fee||May 21, 2018|
|Closure of Online Registration with Late Fee of INR 5000 along with Registration Fee||June 6, 2018|
|Date of Examination||July 1, 2018|
Note : Those candidates who will pay the late fee of INR 5000, will be not be given any choice for selecting the examination centre. They have to appear for the exam at Visakhapatnam examination centre only.
APSET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants need to meet the eligibility criteria to appear for the AP State Eligibility test, failing which they won’t be allowed to write the examination. So, go through the eligibility criteria before you fill out the application form for APSET 2018.
|General||A minimum of 55% should be secured by the candidate in the Master’s degree or any other degree equivalent to that from a college or university that is recognized by UGC (University Grant Commission).|
|Reserved Categories||Candidates belonging to reserved categories like OBC (Other Backward Classes, Scheduled Caste (SC), and Scheduled Tribe (ST), PWD need minimum aggregate percentage of 55% in their Master’s degree or any other degree equivalent to that from a college or university that is recognized by UGC.|
- Candidates who have completed their Master’s degree by September 19, 1991 and also possess a PhD degree will be given a relaxation of 5% in the aggregate percentage (55 to 50%) required to appear for the APSET exam
- Candidates who are appearing for the final exams of their Master’s degree this year and their results are awaited, they are also eligible to apply for this examination test, but they will be provided a provisional admission only. They will have to submit their result or marks card at the time of admission.
Note : All the aspirants are advised to appear for the exam in only the subject in which they have completed their post-graduation. If their subject is not listed in the list, then they may appear for a related subject.
Age Limit for APSET 2018
Notification has not set any particular upper age limit for the candidates appearing for the post of Assistant Professor through AP State Eligibility Test 2018.
APSET 2018 Application Fee
|Backward Classes (BC)||INR 800|
|SC or ST or PH or VH||INR 500|
APSET 2018 Application Form
APSET Application form will be available on the official website of APSET from March 26, 2018. All the interested candidates should go to the official website of APSET to apply online.
How To Fill The Application Form for APSET 2018
- Visit Official website by clicking on this link @ https://apset.net.in/
- Find and click on APSET 2018 application form
- Fill in all the necessary details like personal and educational details, etc.
- Upload a recent passport size photograph
- And, the application process will be completed once the candidate pays the application fee
- Save or print the application form
Application fee for different categories have been mentioned above and should be paid online using debit/ credit card / net banking.
APSET 2018 Exam Pattern
- A candidates need to give two papers for qualifying APSET 2018: Paper I and Paper II
- Paper I is common for all the candidates
- The questions related to the stream or subject selected by the aspirant will be asked in Paper II
|Paper||Total Number of Questions||Total Marks||Duration of the Exam|
|I||50||100||9:30 am to 10:30 am (duration of one hour)|
|II||100||200||11:00 am to 1:00 pm (two hour duration)|
- Both the papers will consist of objective type questions and the exam will be conducted offline.
- Answers to be bubbled on OMR sheet
- Each question carry two marks
- There is no negative marking
List Of Subjects For APSET 2018
A list of subjects for which candidate can appear for AP State Eligibility Test 208 is given here:
- Social work
- Public Administration
- Political Sciences
- Physical Education
- Physical Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Library and Information Science
- Life Sciences
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- Environmental Science
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
- Computer Science and Applications
- Chemical Sciences
How To Download The Hall Ticket For APSET 2018
- A press note will be released by APSET for the release of admit cards
- Candidates should visit the official website of APSET by clicking on this link @ https://apset.net.in/
- Open the link provided for downloading admit card for APSET 2018
- Enter the registration number and Date of Birth (DOB)
- And, the candidate can download their admit card and get it printed
Note : All the aspirants should appear for the test according to the date, time and venue mentioned on the admit card.
Exam Centers for APSET 2018
Andhra University has already announced the exam centers for the AP State Eligibility Test 2018. The centers with their code are mentioned below, so choose a center which is nearest to your place.
|Name of the Centre||Code of the Centre|
Qualifying Marks for APSET 2018
A candidate needs to qualify all the three papers (Paper I, Paper II) to be eligible for the recruitment on the posts of Assistant Professor and Lecturer. The minimum qualifying marks for each paper have been mentioned here:
|Category||Minimum qualifying marks for Paper I||Minimum qualifying marks for Paper II|
|OBC, SC, ST, PWD||35||35|
How To Check Result for APSET 2018
- Candidates need to visit the official website of APSET by clicking on this link @ https://apset.net.in/
- They should click on the ‘Results’ tab or link displayed on the official website
- Check for their Roll number in the qualified list of candidates
All the interested aspirants of APSET 2018 can refer to the official notification released by APSET.
We wish you all the luck to get recruited for the posts of Assistant Professor and Lecturers in the colleges and universities of Andhra Pradesh.