BOI SO Recruitment 2020 [Exam Date, Apply Online] : Bank of India SO notification is expected to release in April 2020. The application process will commence on the official website in April 2020 and last date of registration is May 2020. Candidates who have attained 21 years and not crossed the age 30 years and fulfil the minimum eligibility conditions will be able to fill the online application from. Selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of an online exam and interview. Interested candidates must read further to get information about how to apply, required documents, application fee, exam pattern, selection process, etc.
|Post||Specialist Officer (SO)|
|Organization||Bank of India (BOI)|
|Number of Vacancies||To be notified|
|Job Location||Pan India|
|Apply Online||Link to be activated soon|
|Official Notification||Will be released soon|
Candidates aspiring to apply for Bank of India SO 2020 should know about the following important dates
|Notification||April 1, 2020|
|Application Form Release||April 1, 2020|
|Last Date To Apply||May 1, 2020|
|Admit Card||May 1, 2020|
|Exam||June 1, 2020|
|Result||To be notified|
Bank Of India SO Notification 2020
Bank of India SO Notification 2020 is expected to be released in April 2020 on the official website of Bank of India @ bankofindia.co.in/. Interested candidates can go through the official notification by clicking on the link provided below
Download Bank Of India SO Notification 2020 PDF (link will be activated soon)
BOI SO Eligibility Criteria 2020
Applicants of the following categories will be eligible for BOI SO recruitment 2020
- Indian Citizen
- Subject of Nepal
- Subject of Bhutan
- Tibetan Refugee (who came to India for permanently settling, before 1st January 1962)
- Indian origin person who migrated from any one of the following country to permanently settle in India
- Sri Lanka
- The United Republic of Tanzania
Note: Except for Indian citizens, all the applicants will have to produce certificate of eligibility issued by the government of India to get selected for the BOI SO post.
Minimum age limit is 21 years and maximum age limit 30 years to become eligible for Bank of India SO recruitment.
|Minimum Age Limit||Maximum Age Limit|
|21 years||30 years|
Applicants who belongs to reserved categories will get relaxation in the upper age limit as per the following.
|SC / ST||5 years|
|People affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|PwBD (Persons with Benchmark Disabilities)||10 years|
|Domicile of Jammu & Kashmir between 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989||5 years|
|OBC - Non Creamy Layer||3 years|
Following educational qualification is required for Bank of India SO
- Graduation Degree with at least 60% marks in any discipline
- MBA / PGDBM/ PGDM / PGBM / PGDBA (two or three year program)
- Post-graduation degree in Economics / Science / Commerce
- Chartered Accountant
- Company Secretary
Note: Candidates must have undergone a minimum three months certification course in computer or Information Technology or related paper as one of the subject at graduation level or afterwards.
Bank Of India SO Application Form 2020
Bank of India SO Application Form 2020 will be made available on the official website @ https://bankofindia.co.in/, most probably in April 2020. Interested candidates who fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria can apply for BOI SO 2020 by filling the online application form as there will be no alternative way to apply.
BOI SO 2020 Apply Online (Link will be activated soon)
BOI SO 2020 : How To Apply Online?
To apply for Bank of India SO recruitment 2020, candidates will need to follow the three step procedure as mentioned below
Step I – Registration
- Open Bank of India website @ bankofindia.co.in/
- Go to the career section
- Click on “Recruitment of Officers(Credit) in General Banking Stream Project”
- A new window will open
- Click on “Click here for apply online”
- A new page will open
- Click on “Click here for New Registration”
- Enter the required details, such as your name, contact details, email id, etc.
- A provisional registration number and password will be generated
- Same registration number and password will be sent to the mobile number and email id you entered in the form
Step II – Application Form
- Login using the registration id and password
- Fill the application form
- Upload the required documents
- click on “Preview” tab
- make changes if required
- Click on “Final Submit” button
Step III – Fee Payment
- Click on “Payment” tab
- Select the method of payment
- Make payment of application fee
- Take printout of e-receipt and application form for future use
Bank Of India SO Application Fee 2020
SC/ST/PwD candidates have to pay Rs. 100/- as intimation charges and they are exempted from application fee. Other candidates have to pay Rs. 600/- towards application fee and intimation charges.
|Category||Intimation Charges||Application Fee||Total Fee|
|SC / ST / PWD||Rs. 100/-||Exempted||Rs. 100/-|
|Others||Rs. 100/-||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 600/-|
Note : Payment of BOI SO Application Fee can only be made in online mode through net banking or debit / credit card.
Scanned copy of the following documents will be required to fill the BOI SO Application Form
- Passport size photograph
- 200 x 230 pixels
- Size between 20-50kb
- With black ink on white paper
- 140 x 60 pixels
- Size between 10-20kb
Candidates who qualify the online exam will be called for interview / document verification, and the original copies as well as self-attested photocopies of the following documents will be required at this stage
- Printout of interview call letter
- Printout of application form
- Proof of date of birth (high school mark sheet / certificate or Birth Certificate)
- Valid photo id
- Educational qualification mark sheets and certificates
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Eligibility certificate (if applicable)
- Medical certificate (for PWD candidates)
- Discharge certificate / pension payment order and documentary proof of rank last / presently held (for ex-servicemen)
- No objection certificate (for candidates who are serving in Government / quasi government offices / Public Sector Undertakings)
Bank Of India SO Exam Pattern 2020
There will be only one online exam for Bank of India SO recruitment 2020
|Financial Management||50||2 hours|
|General Awareness with special reference to Banking Industry||50|
- BOI SO Exam will be conducted in online mode
- Exam will be consisted of Objective type MCQs
- Questions will be divided into 3 sections, each for 50 marks
- Candidates will get 2 hours to answer all the questions in all three sections
- All the questions will be bilingual, i.e. in Hindi and English, except for the English Language section
- English Language section will be qualifying in nature
- Marks scored in English Language section will not be included in merit list
- Penalty for wrong answers will be there in Bank of India SO exam
- For every incorrect answer 1/4th marks assigned to that question will be deducted
- No marks will be deducted for any unanswered question
Bank of India SO Syllabus 2020
Candidates should prepare for the Bank of India SO exam according to the syllabus provided here.
|General Awareness||English Language||Financial Management|
|Inventions & Discoveries||Verb||Cash Management|
|Science||Articles||Working Capital Management|
|Sports||Adverb||Time Value of Money|
|Geography||Sentence Rearrangement||Risk Analysis in Capital Budgeting|
|Economy, Banking, and Finance||Error Correction||Receivable Management|
|Scientific Research||Idioms & Phrases||Capital Budgeting|
|India and its neighbouring countries||Vocabulary||Capital Structure|
|General Politics||Comprehension||Valuation of Bonds and Shares|
|Culture||Subject-Verb Agreement||Capital Rationing|
|Knowledge of Current Events||Antonyms||Financial Planning|
|Countries & Capitals||Fill in the Blanks||Financial Management|
|Budget and Five Year Plans||Synonyms||Inventory Management|
|Economy||Unseen Passages||The cost of Capital|
|Current Affairs – National & International||Grammar||Leverage|
|Important Financial & Economic News|
BOI SO Selection Process 2020
Bank of India will make selection of the suitable candidates by conducting a two-step selection process.
All the candidates who successfully apply for Bank of India SO recruitment process will be called for the online exam which will be conducted for 150 marks. After conducting the online exam, Bank of India will prepare a merit list on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in Financial Management and General Awareness sections of the question paper.
Interview / Document Verification
Candidates who get shortlisted after the online exam will be called to appear for Interview and document verification. BOI SO Interview will be conducted for 100 marks and the minimum qualifying marks will be 40% for the unreserved category candidates and 35% for SC / ST / OBC / PWD candidates. Along with the Interview, Bank of India will also conduct the document verification process, so the candidates appearing for the interview will have to bring their original documents as well as photocopies of the same with them.
- After completing the interview, Bank of India will prepare and publish the final merit list on its official website
- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of cut off marks determined by the bank
- To prepare the merit list, Bank of India will consider aggregate marks scored in the online exam (except for English Language section) and interview
- The weightage of marks scored in online exam will be 80 and weightage of interview will be 20
- Those who get placed in the final merit list will be appointed on the post of Bank of India SO
BOI SO Admit Card 2020
Bank of India will issue call letter for BOI SO 2020 at least one week before the exam and interview on its official website. Candidates have to download their call letter from the website using registration number and password as BOI will not provide the same through any other means. Bank will also notify the candidates about call letter release date by sending them intimation message on their registered mobile number and email id.
How To Download Admit Card?
Follow the steps mentioned below to download BOI SO Call Letter 2020
- Visit Bank of India website @ bankofindia.co.in/
- Go to career section
- Click on “Download Call letter” link
- Click on “Download Call Letter – Recruitment of Officer” link
- Click on download link
- Enter your registration number and password / date of birth
- BOI SO call letter will be displayed
- Download and take printout of the call letter
BOI SO Result 2020
Bank of India will release the BOI SO Result on its official website after conducting each phase of the recruitment process. First the merit list for online exam will be published and then BOI will publish final merit list after conducting interview and document verification. Candidates will able to check their result on the official website by following the steps mentioned below
- Open BOI website @ bankofindia.co.in/
- Go to career section
- Click on “result” link
- Find and click on “Officer result” link
- Click on the result link
- A merit list will open
- Look for your name / roll number in the list
Bank of India SO Cut Off Marks
Bank of India SO cut off marks will be determined by the BOI after conducting the exam. Candidates will need to score more or equal marks to the cut off to qualify the online exam / interview. To give you an idea about the cut off marks, we have provided here cut off marks for BOI SO 2018
Online Exam section wise minimum qualifying marks are provided below
|Category||Financial Management||General Awareness||English Language|
Bank of India SO Security Deposit 2020
Candidates who get selected for the BOI SO will have to make a security deposit of Rs. 1,00,000/- which will be refunded after 3 years of satisfactory service.
BOI SO Salary
Those who get selected for Bank of India SO position will get salary in the following scale of pay – Junior Management Grade Scale – I (JMGS I) 23700-980/7-3056-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020 and other allowance as per the policy of the bank.
BOI SO Recruitment 2020 FAQs
Q. When The BOI SO Application Form Will Be Released?
A. BOI SO application form is expected to be released in April 2020.
Q. How Much Is The BOI SO Application Fee?
A. BOI SO Application fee is Rs. 600/- for general and OBC category candidates and Rs. 100/- for reserved category.
Q. Can Nepali Citizens Apply For BOI SO 2020?
A. Yes, Nepali citizens can apply for BOI SO 2020 but they have to produce certificate of eligibility issued by the Indian Government at the time of document verification, otherwise they will be disqualified.
Q. How Much Age Relaxation Is Available For SC/ST Candidates?
A. SC / ST candidates can avail 5 years of relaxation in upper age limit.
Q. What Documents Do I Have To Upload In The BOI SO Application Form?
A. You have to upload scanned copy of your photograph and signature while filling the BOI SO Application Form.