Canara Bank PO 2018 Notification, Apply Online, Application Form : Canara Bank has released official notification of Canara Bank PO 2018 examination through admission to 1-year PGDBF course run at NITTE Education International Pvt Ltd., Mangaluru and Manipal Global Education Services Pvt Ltd., Bengaluru. As per official notification, here you can find details about this entrance test such as important dates, eligibility criteria, application fee & process, admit card, result, cut-off etc.
About Canara Bank PO 2018
Canara Bank is one of the leading public sector banks in India with more than 6100 branches across the nation. As stated earlier, the Canara Bank has released the official notification for entrance cum recruitment examination, i.e. PO 2018. It is an entrance examination for candidates who want to take admission to Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF) training course to become PO in Canara Bank. It will be a one year training course at any of the following institutes
- NITTE Education International Pvt Ltd., Mangaluru
- Manipal Global Education Services Pvt Ltd., Bengaluru
Both of the institutes are recognized by UGCA. After successful completion of training course, a candidate will get a chance to work in Canara Bank as PO (Probationary Officer) in Junior Management Grade Scale-I.
If selected for PGDBF course, a candidate will have to pay the following fees along with 18% GST charges
|Name of the Institute||Course fee per candidate||Applicable taxes|
(presently GST @ 18%)
|Total Course Fee|
International Pvt. Ltd.,
Greater Noida campus
|Rs. 300000/-||Rs. 54000/-||Rs. 354000/-|
|Manipal Global Education|
Services Pvt. Ltd.,
|Rs. 350000/-||Rs. 6300/-||Rs. 413000/-|
Canara Bank PO 2018 Important Dates
|Examination conducted by||Canara Bank through IBPS, Mumbai|
|Examination name||Canara Bank PO 2018|
|Essential Qualification||Graduation from a recognized university with 60% marks (for SC/ST/PwD- 55%)|
|Examination mode||Online (CBT or computer based test)|
|Online application (start and end)||Oct 23 to Nov 13, 2018|
|Admit cards available (tentative)||After Dec 05, 2018|
|Exam date and time duration (tentative)||Dec 23, 2018|
|Exam Type||Entrance cum recruitment examination for post of Probationary Officer in Canara Bank|
|Exam centres||all over India (major cities)|
|Result declaration Date||Notified Soon|
|Canara Bank official website||https://www.canarabank.in/|
|Apply online on||https://ibpsonline.ibps.in/canpojmoct18/|
Canara Bank PO 2018 No. Of Seats
As per Canara Bank PO 2018 official notification, the total number of students intake into Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF) programme is 800. Out of which, 404 seats are reserved for candidates of General category, 216 seats are for OBC, 60 for ST and 120 for SC. This reservation of seats is applicable as per prevailing government guidelines
Canara Bank PO 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Age Limit and Relaxation
At the time of filling online application, a candidate should be at least 20 years old but not more than 30 years. Age relaxation is applicable as shown in the below table
S. No. Category Name Age relaxation in years 1 OBC (Other Backward Classes/Non-Creamy layer) 3 years 2 SC/ST (Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe) 5 years 3 Persons with benchmark disabilities (PwD) 10 years 4 Persons affected by 1984 riots 5 years
Minimum Educational Qualifications
All the interested candidates must have a graduation degree in any stream with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/PwD) from a recognized University
Canara Bank PO 2018 Application Fee and Mode Of Payment
The candidates of SC/ST/PwD categories have to pay intimation charges only (Rs 118/- including 18% GST). No application fee is necessary for the candidates of SC/ST/PwD categories. All other categories candidates have to pay Rs 708/- (includes 18% GST) as their PO 2018 examination application fee. All the candidates have to pay Application fees/intimation charges through online mode only by using internet banking, credit card and debit card.
Canara Bank PO 2018 Application Form and Process
All the interested candidates have to fill and submit online application to apply for Canara Bank PO 2018. But before attempting online application, candidates are requested to go through the official notification/advertisement carefully in order to ensure eligibility and other things. Official notification/advertisement is available on Canara Bank’s website or click here to download.
How To Apply For Canara Bank PO 2018?
- Before filling online application, you must have a valid email ID.
- Open Canara Bank’s website and find & click ‘Careers’ tab located at above right corner or click here
- Now click this link ‘CB / RP / 1 / 2018 – Recruitment of Probationary Officers in JMGS-I on completion of specially designed PGDBF Course’
- Now, you will be landed on a new page where you will see following section- ‘Advertisement (English version and Hindi version)’, ‘Click here to apply Online’ link and ‘Formats’.
- If you want to read Advertisement in any language then click either ‘English version’ or ‘Hindi version’ link otherwise hit ‘Click here to apply Online’ link or click here for direct link
- Now, hit ‘Click here for New Registration’ link
- Click ‘continue’
- Fill all the basic information such as name, mobile number, email ID etc
- Enter security code as shown in the image
- Click ‘Save & Next’ tab
- Immediately you will receive an email and SMS mentioning your Provisional Registration Number and password, note it down carefully to use in future
- Now, upload a recent, perfectly recognizable PP size photo of size 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm and signature
- Before, uploading signature and Photo, read the given guidelines carefully
- Click ‘Next’
- Now, fill other basic details such as ‘Category’, ‘Date of Birth’, etc
- Now, hit ‘Save & Next’ tab
- Preview your application and make changes if you need
- Make ‘Payment’
- Take a print out of ‘E-receipt’ and ‘Application form’
List Of Documents Needed
- Valid email address
- Scanned copies of latest & recognizable PP size image & signature
- Net banking or debit/credit card details to pay your application fee
- all academic mark sheets or certificates
Canara Bank PO Exam Pattern 2018
This examination will be an objective test conducted in online mode, i.e. CBT (computer based test). Candidates will get 2 hours to solve question paper. The online test pattern is given below
S. No. Section name Questions in language (English or Hindi) No of Question (MCQs) Marks I Reasoning Both 50 50 II Quantitative Aptitude Both 50 50 III English Language Only English 50 50 IV General Awareness Both 50 50 Total (Total Weighted Score) 200 200
Note – In this examination, there will be a penalty for wrong answer. For each wrong answer, a candidate has to lose 0.25 marks.
Canara Bank PO 2018 Syllabus – Examination Section-wise
- Reasoning– This section will contains MCQs on the following topics- circular/linear seating arrangement, data sufficiency, inequality, blood relations, coding-decoding, order & ranking, syllogism, direction sense etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude– This section will contains MCQs on the following topics- mathematical inequality, number series, simplification/approximation, quadratic equations, missing DI sets, double diagram DI and questions on miscellaneous topics such as profit, loss & discount, time, work & wages, simple & compound interest etc.
- English Language– Reading comprehension, questions on sentence connectors, fill in the blanks, sentence improvement, cloze test, error spotting, Idiom-Phrase/ Odd one out based questions etc.
- General Awareness– This section will contains MCQs on the following topics- national/international current affairs, banking awareness, important Places, awards, important government schemes, important summits, static general awareness, Books & authors, Currencies, national/international important organizations’ headquarters, important Days etc.
Canara Bank PO 2018 Admit Card
The Canara Bank PO 2018 examination’s Call letters will be available on bank’s website after Dec 05, 2018. . Candidates are advised to download their call letters after 05.12.2018 from Canara’s website by log in into their account.
How To Download Canara Bank PO 2018 Call letters/Admit Card?
- Visit Canara Bank’s website
- Find and click ‘Careers’ link
- Click ‘Download Admit card’ link
- Provide the required details
- Hit ‘Submit’ button
- Take a print out of your admit card
Online Examination Centers
The Canara Bank will conduct online test at several examination centres in the following cities/towns- Siliguri, Kalyani, Hooghly, Greater Kolkata, Durgapur, Asansol, Roorkee, Haldwani, Dehradun, Meerut, Mathura, Lucknow, Kanpur, Jhansi, Ghaziabad, Faizabad, Banda, Allhabad, Aligarh, Agra, Agartala, Hyderabad, Vellore, Salem, Erode, Chennai, Sikar, Kota, Jodhpur, Jaipur, Bikaner, Alwar, Ajmer, Panaji, Patiala, Mohali, Amritsar, Cuttack, Aizawl, Pune, Nashik, Panipat, Ambala, Surat, Varodara, Rajkot, Anand, Raipur, Gaya, Muzaffarpur, Arrah, Tezpur, Nellore, Port Blair, Nagpur, Kolhapur, Dhule, Satna, Bhopal, Thrichur, Kochi, Hubli, Dhanbad, Srinagar, Una, Kullu etc.
Canara Bank PO Results 2018
Final result declaration is yet to be released by the examination conducting authorities. But it is expected that Canara Bank PO 2018 Result will be declare after 3 weeks from the date of examination on Canara Bank’s website. To check your result, you need to visit bank’s website. Canara Bank will intimate each candidate for result declaration through SMS and email.
Canara Bank PO 2018 Cut Off
After Canara Bank PO 2018 result declaration, the bank will release a list of shortlisted candidates for group discussion (GD) and personal interview on bank’s website. This list of shortlisted candidates will be prepared on the basis on final cut-off marks. To be eligible for other rounds of selection process, a candidate has to score above cut-off marks assigned by the bank.
Canara Bank PO 2018 Salary
On successful completion of PGDBF course from any of the above mentioned institutes, candidates would be appointed in the Bank as Probationary Officer in Junior Management Grade Scale-I and shall get a salary – Rs. 23,700 – 980/7 – 30560 – 1145/2 – 32850 – 1310/7 – 42020 along with other benefits like Medical Aid, Dearness Allowance, HRA, CCA etc.