Canara Bank PO 2020 Notification, Apply Online, Application Form : Canara Bank will release official notification for Canara Bank PO 2020 in January. Through Canara Bank PO 2020 recruitment event, candidates will be shortlisted for admissions to 1-year PGDBF course either through NITTE Education International Pvt Ltd., Greater Noida or Manipal Global Education Services Pvt Ltd., Bengaluru.
Candidates can submit online application on the official website from January and the last date of registration will be Feb 2020. As per official notification, here you can find details about this entrance test such as important dates, eligibility criteria, application fee & process, admit card, result, cut-off etc.
- Important Dates
- Age Limit
- Application Fee
- Application Form
- Apply Online
- Exam Pattern
- Admit Card
- Exam Centers
- Cut Off
Canara Bank PO 2020 Important Dates
|Examination conducted by||Canara Bank through IBPS, Mumbai|
|Examination name||Canara Bank PO 2020|
|Essential Qualification||Graduation from a recognized university with 60% marks (for SC/ST/PwD- 55%)|
|Examination mode||Online (CBT or computer based test)|
|Online application (start and end)||Jan/ Feb 2020|
|Admit cards available (tentative)||To be notified|
|Exam date and time duration (tentative)||To be notified|
|Exam Type||Entrance cum recruitment examination for post of Probationary Officer in Canara Bank|
|Exam centres||all over India (major cities)|
|Result declaration Date||Notified Soon|
|Canara Bank official website||https://www.canarabank.in/|
|Apply online on||To be notified|
About Canara Bank PO 2020
Canara Bank is one of the leading public sector banks in India with more than 6100 branches across the nation. As stated earlier, the Canara Bank will release the official notification for PO 2020 entrance cum recruitment examination. It will be an entrance examination for candidates who want to take admission to Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF) training course to become PO in Canara Bank. It will be a one-year training course and can be studied at any of the following institutes
- NITTE Education International Pvt Ltd., Greater Noida
- Manipal Global Education Services Pvt Ltd., Bengaluru
Both of the institutes are recognized by UGC. After successful completion of training course, a candidate will be awarded with ‘PGDBF’ and get a chance to work in Canara Bank as PO (Probationary Officer) in Junior Management Grade Scale-I.
If selected for PGDBF course, a candidate will have to pay the following fees along with 18% GST charges
|Name of the Institute||Course fee per candidate||Applicable taxes|
(presently GST @ 18%)
|Total Course Fee|
International Pvt. Ltd.,
Greater Noida campus
|Rs. 300000/-||Rs. 54000/-||Rs. 354000/-|
|Manipal Global Education|
Services Pvt. Ltd.,
|Rs. 350000/-||Rs. 6300/-||Rs. 413000/-|
- Canara Bank PO Application Form 2020
- Canara Bank PO Syllabus 2020
- Canara Bank PO Admit Card 2020
- Canara Bank PO 2020 Results
Canara Bank PO 2020 No. Of Seats
The total number of students intake into Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF) programme will be cleared only after release of Canara Bank PO 2020 official notification.
Canara Bank PO 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Nationality / Citizenship
Applicant should be an Indian citizen or a subject of Bhutan or Nepal. Indian origin candidates migrated from countries like Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, East African nations of Kenya, United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda etc. can also apply to Canara Bank PO 2020. However, all the candidates except from citizen of India will be required to produce a certificate of eligibility at the time of appointment. Their certificate of eligibility should be issued by the Government of India.
Age Limit and Relaxation
As on October 01, 2020, a candidate should be at least 20 years old but not more than 30 years i.e. a candidate should be born between Oct 02, 1990 – Oct 01, 2000. Age relaxation is applicable as shown in the below table
S. No. Category Name Age relaxation in years
1 OBC (Other Backward Classes/Non-Creamy layer) 3
2 SC/ST (Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe) 5
3 Persons with benchmark disabilities (PwD) 10
4 Persons affected by 1984 riots 5
5 Persons temporary lived in J&K during the period Jan 01, 1980 to Dec 31, 1989 5
6 Ex-Servicemen 5
Minimum Educational Qualifications
All the interested candidates must have a graduation degree in any stream with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/PwD) from a recognized University. Candidates having qualifications equivalent to a degree are also eligible to apply.
Candidates must have operating & working knowledge in computer systems. If not so then they will have to acquire it within six months from the date of joining the Bank. Candidates must have working knowledge in Hindi. If not so then they are recommended to acquire it during the probation period.
Canara Bank PO 2020 Application Fee and Mode Of Payment
The candidates of SC/ST/PwD categories will have to pay intimation charges only (Rs 118/- including 18% GST). No application fee is necessary for the candidates of SC/ST/PwD categories. Candidates of rest categories will have to pay Rs 708/- (includes 18% GST) towards application fee & intimation charges. All the candidates will have to pay Application fees/intimation charges through online mode only by using internet banking, credit card and debit card.
Canara Bank PO 2020 Application Form and Process
All the interested candidates will have to fill and submit online application to apply for Canara Bank PO 2020. But before submitting online application, candidates are requested to go through the official notification/advertisement carefully in order to ensure eligibility and other things. Official notification/advertisement is will be available soon on Canara Bank’s website.
How To Apply For Canara Bank PO 2020?
- Before filling online application, you must have a valid email ID.
- Open Canara Bank’s website and find & click ‘Careers’ tab located at above right corner or click here
- Now click this link ‘CB / RP / 1 / 2020 – Recruitment of Probationary Officers in JMGS-I on completion of specially designed PGDBF Course’
- Now, you will be landed on a new page where you will see following section- ‘Advertisement (English version and Hindi version)’, ‘Click here to apply Online’ link and ‘Formats’.
- If you want to read Advertisement in any language then click either ‘English version’ or ‘Hindi version’ link otherwise hit ‘Click here to apply Online’ link or click here for direct link
- Now, hit ‘Click here for New Registration’ link
- Click ‘continue’
- Fill all the basic information such as name, mobile number, email ID etc
- Enter security code as shown in the image
- Click ‘Save & Next’ tab
- Immediately you will receive an email and SMS mentioning your Provisional Registration Number and password, note it down carefully to use in future
- Now, upload a recent, perfectly recognizable PP size photo of size 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm and signature
- Before, uploading signature and Photo, read the given guidelines carefully
- Click ‘Next’
- Now, fill other basic details such as ‘Category’, ‘Date of Birth’, etc
- Now, hit ‘Save & Next’ tab
- Preview your application and make changes if you need
- Make ‘Payment’
- Take a print out of ‘E-receipt’ and ‘Application form’
Note – Links mentioned above will be activated only after the release of Canara Bank PO official notification
List Of Documents Needed
- Valid email address
- Scanned copies of latest & recognizable PP size image & signature
- Net banking or debit/credit card details to pay your application fee
- all academic mark sheets or certificates
Canara Bank PO Exam Pattern 2020
This examination will be an objective test conducted in online mode, i.e. CBT (computer based test). Candidates will get 2 hours to solve question paper. The online test pattern is given below
S. No. Section name Questions in language (English or Hindi) No of Question (MCQs) Marks
I Reasoning Both 50 50
II Quantitative Aptitude Both 50 50
III English Language Only English 50 50
IV General Awareness Both 50 50
Total (Total Weighted Score) 200 200
Note – In this examination, there will be a penalty for wrong answer. For each wrong answer, a candidate has to lose 0.25 marks.
Canara Bank PO 2020 Syllabus – Examination Section -wise
- Reasoning – This section will contains MCQs on the following topics- circular/linear seating arrangement, data sufficiency, inequality, blood relations, coding-decoding, order & ranking, syllogism, direction sense etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude – This section will contains MCQs on the following topics- mathematical inequality, number series, simplification/approximation, quadratic equations, missing DI sets, double diagram DI and questions on miscellaneous topics such as profit, loss & discount, time, work & wages, simple & compound interest etc.
- English Language – Reading comprehension, questions on sentence connectors, fill in the blanks, sentence improvement, cloze test, error spotting, Idiom-Phrase/ Odd one out based questions etc.
- General Awareness – This section will contains MCQs on the following topics- national/international current affairs, banking awareness, important Places, awards, important government schemes, important summits, static general awareness, Books & authors, Currencies, national/international important organizations’ headquarters, important Days etc.
Canara Bank PO 2020 Admit Card
The Canara Bank PO 2020 examination’s Call letters will be available on bank’s website tentatively in the first week of Dec 2020. Once admit cards will be released, candidates can download their call letters from Canara’s website by log in into their account.
How To Download Canara Bank PO Call Letter 2020
- Visit Canara Bank’s website
- Find and click ‘Careers’ link
- Click ‘Download Admit card’ link
- Provide the required details
- Hit ‘Submit’ button
- Take a print out of your admit card
Online Examination Centers
The Canara Bank will conduct online test at several examination centres in the following cities/towns- Siliguri, Kalyani, Hooghly, Greater Kolkata, Durgapur, Asansol, Roorkee, Haldwani, Dehradun, Meerut, Mathura, Lucknow, Kanpur, Jhansi, Ghaziabad, Faizabad, Banda, Allhabad, Aligarh, Agra, Agartala, Hyderabad, Vellore, Salem, Erode, Chennai, Sikar, Kota, Jodhpur, Jaipur, Bikaner, Alwar, Ajmer, Panaji, Patiala, Mohali, Amritsar, Cuttack, Aizawl, Pune, Nashik, Panipat, Ambala, Surat, Varodara, Rajkot, Anand, Raipur, Gaya, Muzaffarpur, Arrah, Tezpur, Nellore, Port Blair, Nagpur, Kolhapur, Dhule, Satna, Bhopal, Thrichur, Kochi, Hubli, Dhanbad, Srinagar, Una, Kullu etc.
Canara Bank PO Results 2020
Canara bank PO 2020-21 Written exam result will be declared on official website of Canara Bank. Online written exam results will be released by the examination conducting authorities. It is expected that Canara Bank PO 2020 Result will be declared after 3 weeks from the date of examination on Canara Bank’s website. To check your result, you need to visit bank’s website. Canara Bank will intimate each candidate for result declaration through SMS and email. After Group discussion and Interview Canara Bank PO Final Result 2020-21 will be declared.
- Visit Canara Bank Career website @ canarabank.com/english/careers/
- Click on Recruitment tab
- Click on Canara Bank PO Written exam result 2020-21
- Pdf will be downloaded
- Check your result
Canara Bank PO 2020 Cut Off
After Canara Bank PO 2020 result declaration, the bank will release a list of shortlisted candidates for group discussion (GD) and personal interview on bank’s website. This list of shortlisted candidates will be prepared on the basis on final cut-off marks. To be eligible for other rounds of selection process, a candidate has to score above cut-off marks assigned by the bank.
Canara Bank PO 2020 Salary
On successful completion of PGDBF course from any of the above mentioned institutes, candidates would be appointed in the Bank as Probationary Officer in Junior Management Grade Scale-I and shall get a salary – Rs. 23,700 – 990/7 – 30560 – 1145/2 – 32950 – 1310/7 – 42020 along with other benefits like Medical Aid, Dearness Allowance, HRA, CCA etc.
Canara Bank PO 2020 FAQs
Q. What Will Be The Posts Available Under Canara Bank PO 2020?
A. The post which will be available is of Probationary Officer in Junior Management Grade Scale-I.
Q. What Is The Number Of Vacancies?
A. Exact number of vacancies shall be cleared only after release of Canara Bank PO official notification.
Q. What Will Be The Application Fee For General Candidates?
A. Candidates of General category will have to pay an amount of Rs. 708/- towards application fee & intimation charges.
Q. What Are The Date Of Examination?
A. Date of examination is yet to be announced.