CAT 2021 Online Application : The CAT registration 2021 will begin from the 5th August 2021 and the last date to submit CAT Application Form 2021 is 16th September 2021. IIM Indore will release an official notification and invites an online CAT application form through the official website @https://iimcat.ac.in/.
CAT 2021 online application is a three-step process consisting of registration, filling & submitting the online application, and payment of the fee. This article will help you to know all the details on how to register and fill online application, important dates, and the other questions overflowing in your mind.
- The Common Admission Test known as the CAT exam is a management entrance test organized by the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) at the national level.
- The sole purpose of conducting the examination is to select eligible candidates for admission into 20 IIMs and other reputed management institutions all across the country.
- CAT score is one of the important factors to be considered for admissions in IIMs and other listed non-IIMs.
- IIM Indore will organize CAT 2021 and the exam will be held on November 29th in online mode in two shifts.
CAT 2021 Important Dates
Candidates interested to apply for CAT 2021 should know about the following important dates regarding the CAT 2021.
|CAT 2021 Event||Date|
|Starting date of online application process||5th August 2021|
|Last Date to apply online||16th September 2021|
|Admit Card||28th October 2021|
|Examination||29th November 2021|
CAT 2021 Registration Dates
The registration dates for CAT 2021 will be announced. The registration opens on 5th August 2021 and will last till 16th September 2021. The correction window will be open until the last week of September 2021.
CAT Exam Date
IIM Indore will be conducting the CAT 2021 exam on 29th November 2021. CAT 2021 exam will be conducted in the online mode and the exam will be conducted in two sessions.
CAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before registering for CAT 2021 one should have sound knowledge of the eligibility criteria for appearing in the examination. The person applying should have the following qualifications
- Must have passed a bachelor’s degree from any recognized university or equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD
- The minimum marks criterion is 50% for general and 45% for SC/ST and PWD/DA candidates at the graduation level
- For the candidates who are awarded CGPA/ grades, the conversion of CGPA/ grades are based on the process certified by the concerned university or institute
- Students who are appearing for the final examination or have appeared in the final examination of bachelor’s degree may also apply for the CAT 2021 examination
- Students appearing for a final exam or in the final year of bachelor’s degree should produce a certificate from the competent authority of his or her institution that he or she is competent to have the bachelor’s or equivalent degree
- A candidate with a Bachelor’s degree recognized by AICTE/MHRD/UGC on engineering/technology or equivalent can also apply
For appearing in CAT there is no restriction in age limit. This implies all persons of all ages subject to the above-mentioned CAT exam eligibility criteria can apply for this examination.
Documents /Details Required To Register For CAT 2021
- Mark sheets of class X, class XII, graduation/ bachelor’s degree, or any other higher education certificates
- Scanned copies of Photograph and signature, in which the photograph should not be more than 6 months old and should have a white background
- Caste / category certificate (if required)
- Disability Certificate
- Other certificates to upload
CAT Application Form 2021
The application form of CAT 2021 will be released on the CAT 2021 official website on 5th August 2021. Candidates who fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria will be able to apply online by filling the application form.
The last date to fill the online application form is 16th September 2021 but the candidates are advised to fill and submit the application form as soon as possible to avoid last time delays and inconvenience due to load on the website.
How To Fill CAT 2021 Application Form?
You will have to follow the below-mentioned steps in order to apply for CAT 2021.
Step I – Registration
- Go to the official website of CAT 2021
- Under “New candidate registration” click on the “Register” button
- A registration form will open
- Enter your name
- Select your date of birth from the drop-down menu
- Enter your email address
- Confirm your email
- Select your country
- Enter your mobile number with country code
- Confirm your mobile number
- Click on the “Generate OTP” button
- You will be redirected to a new page
- Enter the CAPTCHA code
- Enter the OTP received
- Click on “I Agree”
- Click on the “Submit” button to complete the registration process
After registering successfully, you will receive your login details on your registered email id.
Step II – Application Form
- Go to the CAT 2021 website
- Click on the login button
- Enter your user id and password provided to you in the email
- Click on “Login”
- Dashboard will open
- Click on “Go to Application form”
- Enter your personal details
- Enter your father’s / husband’s/ Guardian’s name and Mother’s name
- Select your category
- If you are not in the general category enter information about your Serial/ Entry Number of Caste / Tribe, State/ Union Territory of Caste/ Tribe, and Caste / Tribe name
- Select your nationality
- Select if you are a Person with Disability
- If you are PwD then select the category from the dropdown list
- Choose if you want wheelchair support or not
- Answer yes or no, if you want the assistance of a scribe or not
- Enter your communication address
- Enter your emergency contact details
- Proceed to upload documents
- Upload your passport size photo
- Upload your signature
- Upload EWS/ NC–OBC / SC /ST certificate
- Enter PwD certificate
- Enter your academic qualifications
- Enter SSC / 10th or equivalent details
- Enter HSC / 12th / Diploma Course / Equivalent details
- Enter details about bachelors’ degree
- Select if you have completed the bachelor’s degree or not
- Enter the Masters’ degree details
- Enter other educational qualifications details
- Click on “Save & Continue”
- Enter your work experience (if any)
- Click on “Save & Continue”
- Select programs from the dropdown list
- Select the interview city from the dropdown list
- Select up to 4 test cities
- Click on “save and continue”
- Proceed to make payment of application fee
Step III – Application Fee
- Select the method of payment
- Fill the CAPTCHA
- Click on “I have previewed the Application form”
- Click on “I agree”
- Click on “Submit and Pay” to make payment of the application fee and submit the online application form
- After successfully submitting the application you will receive a confirmation email on your registered email id
- Before you go for registration, make sure all the details to be provided are ready.
- The candidate will require to scan their passport size image with a white background and a signature.
- The photo to be uploaded should not be more than six months old and a copy of the same photograph is to be carried to the examination center.
CAT Application Fee 2021
- You will need to make payment of the application fee in order to successfully complete the online application process.
- The CAT application fee 2021 is INR 1900 for General category students and INR 950 for SC, ST, and PwD category applicants.
- You can make payment of the CAT 2021 Application Fee online mode only by using the following methods.
|General / Unreserved||Rs. 1900/-|
|SC / ST / PwD||Rs. 950/-|
CAT Application Fee – Mode Of Payment
- Net Banking
- Credit card (Master / Visa / American Express)
- Debit card (Master / Visa)
CAT 2021 Application Confirmation Email
As soon as the CAT application fee 2021 gets submitted, you will get a confirmation mail at the registered email ID. CAT 2021 application confirmation email will have further details about communication and CAT admit card.
CAT Registration 2021: Year-wise Statistics
|No. of Applications||2,44,169||2,41,000||2,31,000||2,32,292||2,18,664||1,96,988||1,94,516||2,14,000||2,05,000||2,04,000|
Statistics of CAT registration 2021 will be made available by the CAT exam conducting authorities when the process of the CAT 2021 application form will be over.
CAT 2021 Eligibility and Application Form FAQs
Q. When the CAT 2021 Application form will be released?
A. CAT 2021 Application form will be released on 5th August 2021.
Q. What is the last date to submit the CAT 2021 online application form?
A. 16th September 2021 will be the last date to submit the CAT 2021 online application form.
Q. How much is the CAT 2021 Application fee?
A. Candidate belonging to General / Unreserved category will have to pay Rs. 1900/- and reserved category candidates (SC/ ST/ PwD) will have to pay Rs. 950/- as CAT 2021 Application fee.
Q. Can I make offline payment of the CAT 2021 Application Fee?
A. No, the payment of the CAT 2021 Application Fee can only be made online through net banking, debit card, credit card, e-wallets, or UPI.
Q. What is the minimum educational qualification required to apply for CAT 2021 exam?
A. You must have completed graduation with 50% marks (45% in case of reserved category) or you must be in the final year of your bachelors’ degree course.