CAT 2018 Online Application : The CAT registration procedure for the examination to be conducted for the year 2019 has already begun from the 8th of August 2018 and will be closed on 19th September 2018. IIM Calcutta has released official notification and started inviting online applications for CAT 2018 through CAT 2018 official website. CAT 2018 online application is a three step process consisting of registration, filling & submitting online application and payment of fee. It’s time to gear up all aspirants. This article will help you to know all the details on how to register and fill online application, important dates and all the other questions you have in mind overflowing right now.
Common Admission Test (also known as CAT exam) is a management entrance test organized by the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) at the national level. The sole purpose of conducting the examination is to select eligible candidates for admission into 20 IIMs and also different reputed management institutions all across the country. The admissions are to be done according to the merit list prepared by using the CAT score. CAT 2017 was organized by IIM Lucknow and IIM Calcutta is going to organize CAT 2018. CAT 2018 exam will be held on November 25 in online mode.
CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Before registering for CAT 2018 one should have sound knowledge of the eligibility criteria for appearing in the examination. The person applying should have the following qualifications
- Must have passed a bachelor’s degree from any recognized university or equivalent qualification recognized by Ministry of HRD
- The minimum marks criterion is 50% for general and 45% for SC/ST and PWD/DA candidates in graduation level
- Candidates who are awarded CGPA/ grades, the conversion of CGPA/ grades are based on the process certified by the concerned university or institute
- Students who are appearing for final examination or have appeared in the final examination of bachelor’s degree may also apply for the CAT 2018 examination
- Students appearing for a final exam or in the final year of bachelor’s degree should produce a certificate from the competent authority of his or her institution that he or she is competent to have the bachelor’s or equivalent degree as on 30th June 2018
- A candidate with a Bachelor’s degree recognized by AICTE/MHRD/UPSC on engineering/technology or equivalent can also apply
For appearing in CAT there is no restriction in age limit. This implies all persons of all age subject to the above mentioned CAT exam eligibility criteria can apply for this examination.
CAT 2018 Registration Dates
The registration dates for CAT 2019 has also been announced. The registration opens on 8th August 2018 and will last till 19th September 2018. Correction window will be open till the last week of September 2018.
Examination Date : The online examination date is fixed and is held on 25th November 2018.
Documents /Things Required To Register For CAT 2018
- Mark sheets of class X, class XII, graduation/ bachelor’s degree or any other higher education certificates
- Scanned copies of Photograph and signature, in which the photograph should not be more than 6 months old and should have white background
- Other certificates to upload
- List of IIMs
CAT Application Form 2018
The application procedure of CAT 2018 is described below for helping all CAT aspirants who are planning to appear this year. Interested aspirants are required to know that CAT online application should be filled and submitted before the last date i.e. 19th September 2018.
How To Fill CAT 2018 Application Form ?
- Open official website of CAT 2018 or click here
- On homepage, you will see ‘Important Dates’ of CAT 2018 along with few tabs & links
- To go through CAT 2018 registration process, click on tab ‘Register’ available under ‘New Candidate Registration’
- A new page will be displayed having a ‘CAT 2018 Registration Form’
- Read instructions carefully
- Then enter your name, email address, mobile number etc.
- Select date of birth and country
- Then click on tab ‘Generate OTP’
- Enter the characters as shown in the image
- Instantly, you will get an OTP to your registered no.
- Enter OTP then click on tab ‘validate OTP’
- Now, read & accept declaration
- Now, once again enter characters as shown in the image
- Click on tab ‘Submit’
- You will see a confirmation message that your registration is done successfully
- Click on tab ‘Go to Application Form’
- Enter your Personal details like father’s / mother’s name
- Select category and nationality
- Enter your communication address
- Then enter emergency contact details
- Now upload scanned copies of document [signature & photo] by clicking on tab ‘Click here to upload’
- Now, click on tab ‘Save & Continue’
- Now, enter your ‘Academic Details’ of SSC / 10th, HSC / 12th and bachelor’s / master’s / other profession degree details
- Then click on tab ‘Save & Continue’
- Now, provide details of work experience (if any)
- Then click on tab ‘Save & Continue’
- Select programmes then test city and proceed for payment
- Select any of the given payment options
- Enter the text shown in the given image
- Then read and accept declaration
- Click on tab ‘Submit’
- After making payment online, print acknowledgement page
- Don’t forget to print submitted application form
Before you do your registration, make sure all the details to be provided are ready. Candidate will require to scan their passport size image with white background and a signature. The photo to be uploaded should not be more than six months old and a copy of the same photograph is to be carried to the examination center.
CAT Application Fee 2018
The CAT application fee 2018 is INR 1900 for general category students and INR 950 for SC, ST, and PwD category applicants.
CAT Application Fee – Mode Of Payment
- Net Banking
- Credit card (Master / Visa / American Express)
- Debit card (Master / Visa)
CAT 2018 Application Confirmation Email
As soon as the CAT application fee 2018 gets submitted, you will get a confirmation mail at the registered email ID. CAT 2018 application confirmation email will have further details about communication and CAT admit card.
CAT Registration 2018 : Year-wise Statistics
|No. of Applications||2,31,000||2,32,292||2,18,664||1,96,988||1,94,516||2,14,000||2,05,000||2,04,000|
Statistics of CAT registration 2018 will be made available by CAT exam conducting authorities when the process of CAT 2018 application form will be over.