CAT 2018 Registration : For the academic year 2019-20, CAT examination conducting authorities has released the official notification. CAT 2018 exam will be administered by the IIM, Calcutta. CAT exam is compulsory to get an admission in any IIM across India. Apart from IIMs, other top-notch management colleges/institutions also prefer CAT score for admissions. Here we are going to explain everything about CAT 2018 entrance test including official notification, eligibility criteria, important dates, application fee & process, admit cards, result, cut-off etc.
The Common Admission Test also known as CAT, is one of the largest and most challenging exams held in India every year. It is a computer based test for candidates who want to get admissions in several post-graduate management programs run at several business schools across India. Since CAT is a national level entrance test, therefore it is administered and conducted only by one of the Indian Institutes of Management (IIM).
CAT 2018 Notification
CAT 2018 official notification has been released by IIM Calcutta and registration has begun from 8th August 2018 and will be closed on 19th September 2018.
CAT 2018 Important Dates
- Exam’s notification released on 8th August 2018
- Online registration started from 8th Aug 2018
- Online registration’s last date is 19th Sep 2018
- Application forms can be corrected till last week of Sep 2018
- Admit card can be downloaded through website in between 24th Oct to 25th Nov 2018
- Mock test release date is 17th Oct 2018
- Exam date is 25th Nov 2018
- Release of answer key on 2nd week of December 2018
- Result will be announced in the 2nd week of Jan 2019
- Final cut-off will be published on website after few days from the date of result declaration
CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying online, you must go through the eligibility criteria of CAT 2018 entrance test.
- Applicants must have a recognized bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks ( minimum 45% marks for SC,ST and PWD candidates)
- Graduation final year students can also apply for CAT 2018 exam
- ICWA/CS/CA can also apply
CAT 2018 Application Fee and Mode Of Payment
For General and OBC candidates, CAT’s online application fee will be 1800 INR. Application fee for ST, SC and PWD candidates is 900 INR. Candidates can pay their fee through the net banking or via a debit/credit card. There is no provision of offline fee submission.
CAT 2018 Application Form
The CAT 2018 application form will be available on CAT 2018 official web portal as per schedule. CAT 2018 aspirants need to apply online to appear in the examination.
How To Apply For CAT 2018?
If you want to appear in CAT 2018 exam then you need to fill an online registration form on the website. To fill online registration form, you must follow below mentioned steps.
- Go to the official CAT web portal @ iimcat.ac.in
- Click on registration button and fill your complete details correctly and submit to register yourself
- Once registration completes, you will get an user ID along with a password
- With this user ID and password, you can login into your account and complete your CAT 2018 exam online application by filling the personal, academic and other related details
- After all this, now you need to upload your recent image, signature along with other required documents
- There is also a form correction option in CAT online application form
- Lastly, an applicant need to pay the form fee via online mode
- Take a print out of your complete application form
Note – Candidates need to declare and maintain a unique and valid email account with a mobile number all over the admission process
List Of Documents Needed
- Personal details as per 10th/12th mark sheet or certificate
- Valid email address and mobile number
- Academic details (10th/12th/bachelor’s degree details)
- Scanned copies of PP size photo, signature, SC/ST/PwD certificate (if applicable) in prescribed format
- Work experience certificates
- Credit/debit card details for online fee payment
CAT 2018 Exam Pattern
- Mode of exam: CAT 2018 exam is a Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Exam duration: online paper is divided into 3 sections and each section needs to be solved in maximum 60 minutes which means total exam duration is 180 minutes. Name of all three sections are as follows- Quantitative Ability, Reading Comprehension & Verbal Ability, Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation.
- Type of questions: paper contains questions of both types- objective and subjective
- Total number of questions in online paper is 100
- Each correct answer will give you three marks
- There is also a provision of negative marking in objective type questions. 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer
CAT 2018 Syllabus
- There are four sections in CAT 2018 syllabus- Quantitative Ability or Mathematics, Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability & English and Logical Reasoning. An applicant need to get detailed knowledge on each topic
- Taking Online mock test is the best way to know the exam pattern as well as syllabus
- In CAT 2018 exam, questions will be asked from only above mentioned topics
CAT 2018 Admit Card
- Admit cards are available only to those applicants who have successfully submitted their online application form
- Admit card can be downloaded from CAT’s official website from 24th Oct 2018
- To download an admit card, applicant need to enter their user ID along with password
- CAT 2018 admit card contains the following information- user ID or registration number, candidate’s name, test centre address/date, PWD status etc
- if some info on Admit card is incorrect, contact CAT’s exam officials as soon as possible
- A candidate must bring CAT 2018 admit card to the exam center on the day of exam
CAT 2018 Result
The appearing candidates can check their CAT 2018 result in the 2nd week of Jan, 2019 (Tentative). CAT complete score card will be available on CAT’s official website. To view and download your score card, you need to login into your account. You can also take print out of your score card if you want.
CAT 2018 Cut Off
After final result declaration, exam conducting authorities will publish CAT 2018 Cut-off on CAT 2018 official website. To check final cut-off, candidates need to visit CAT 2018 official web portal after result declaration.
CAT 2018 Preparation Tips
- Prepare a time schedule with effective study strategies
- According to your daily routine, make a time table and give equal time to each subject
- Collect all the syllabus details and study every single topic thoroughly
- Practice previous year’s CAT question papers. It will help you in understanding exam’s pattern.
- Do exercise and yoga. It will keep you healthy and refreshes your mind