CMAT 2021 Online Registration : CMAT 2021 Notification will be released in the first week of November 2020 by NTA on its website @https://cmat.nta.nic.in/. CMAT is the most popular name for the Common Management Admission Test, a national-level entrance test conducted by the National Testing Agency for entry into Management programmes. Till 2018, All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) conducted CMAT once a year based on the directions of the MHRD of the Government of India.
- The purpose of CMAT is to aid AICTE-Approved institutions/affiliated colleges/constituent colleges/university departments for the selection of suitable graduate candidates for admission to the management courses.
- CMAT Registration commences from 1st week of November 2020 and the last date to apply online is the 2nd week of December 2020.
- CMAT 2021 is expected to be conducted in the last week of January 2021 by the National Testing Agency.
CMAT 2021 Important Dates
Here are the CMAT 2021 important dates.
|Registration Start Date||1st week of November 2020|
|Last Date to register||2nd week of December 2020|
|Dates for choice of exam city||1st week of Nov - 1st week of Dec 2020|
|Admit Card Release||4th week of Dec 2020|
|CMAT 2021 Exam Date||Last week of January 2021|
|Exam Time||9:30 am - 12:30 pm|
|Display of Recorded Responses and Answer Key for challenges||To be notified|
|Declaration of Result||By 1st week of February 2021|
|Announcement of All India Merit List||Two or three days after the declaration of results (Tentative)|
CMAT 2021 Notification
Candidates can expect the CMAT notification 2021 in the month of November 2020 on the official website of the National Testing Agency at www.nta.ac.in. Candidate can check eligibility criteria and register to appear in the CMAT entrance exam to be conducted in the last week of Jan 2021.
Download CMAT Notification 2021 Pdf
CMAT is a computer-based test conducted by National Testing Agency for admission to management programees across the country. CMAT Score will be accepted by 1000 participating institutes. Candidates must apply separately to the respective Institute for admission to the desired management course with CMAT Score.
Participating institute release the cut off and if a candidate gets qualified, he/she will be called for selection procedure comprising Group Discussion and Personal Interview. The final selection will be based on the performance in the GD and PI.
CMAT 2021 Eligibility
- To apply to CMAT 2021, candidates must be Indian citizens.
- There is no age restriction to apply for CMAT.
- Candidates should have Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline and candidates in the final year of their degree course in 10+2+3 format can also apply but whose results should be declared before the beginning of the admission for the academic year 2021-22.
CMAT 2021 Application Form
Candidates will have to apply to NAT CMAT 2021 only online by accessing the NTA website @https://cmat.nta.nic.in/. Application form in other modes will not be accepted, only the candidate should submit the application, multiple applications will be rejected.
The registration procedure encompasses 5 steps.
- Step 1: Fill Application and note down system generated application number
- Step 2: Upload Scanned photograph and signature
- Step 3: Make payment
- Step 4: Print confirmation page of the application after fee payment (4 copies)
- Step 5: Choose a city of exam
How To Apply Online For CMAT 2021?
- Candidates have to register by filling details on the official website of NTA
- Application number will be generated, note it down
- Log in to the website of NTA with Application Number and Date of Birth
- Upload scanned Photograph and Signature
- Pay the required registration/application fee online
- Print a minimum of 4 copies of the confirmation page
- Choose the exam city during the dates given by NTA
Prerequisites to Apply
- Good internet connection with computer
- Qualification details of the candidate
- Scanned Photograph (JPG/JPEG, 10kb-200kb)
- Scanned Signature (JPG/JPEG, 4kb-30kb)
- Valid email
- Valid mobile number
- Payment detils(debit/credit card/ net banking)
CMAT 2021 Application Fee
- The CMAT application fee is Rs.1600 for Boys General category candidates, Rs.1000 for Boys General-EWS/OBC candidates, and Rs.800 for Boys SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- CMAT Application fee for Girls General, General-EWS, OBC candidates is Rs. 1000 and for Girls SC/ST/PWD is Rs. 700/-.
The application fee is non-refundable and it can be paid using credit/debit card or Net Banking. Even, candidates can pay the fee using E-Wallet.
|Category||Boys Fee||Girls Fee||Transgender Fee|
|General||Rs. 1600||Rs. 1000||Rs. 800|
|General-EWS/ OBC-NCL||Rs. 1000||Rs. 1000|
|SC/ST/PWD||Rs. 800||Rs. 700|
Candidates should check the payment status on the NTA website if it shows ‘OK’, payment is successful and you can print the confirmation page. If payment is ‘not OK’, the deducted amount will be refunded back and the candidate has to make the payment once again to complete the application form.
- Valid Email ID and phone number
- Scanned passport size photo and signature
- Caste Certificate for reserved category candidates
- 10+2 Mark Sheet
- Matriculation certificate for age
- Any valid Government ID Proof.
CMAT 2021 Exam Pattern
- The CMAT 2021 exam will be conducted as a computer-based test in online mode.
- The test will be in MCQ format with four sections – Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, General Awareness.
- Each section will have 25 questions for 100 marks. There will be 100 questions in total for 400 marks.
- The test duration is 180 minutes or three hours.
- For each correct answer, a test taker will get 4 marks. There will be a deduction of 1 mark for each wrong answer.
- For questions that are not attempted, there will not be any mark deduction.
|S. No.||Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|1||Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation||25||100|
To make sure that candidates can familiarize themselves with the online mode, they are recommended to take an online trial test before the actual CMAT 2021.
Read: CAT 2021
CMAT 2021 Selection Process
- The selection process for the management courses is conducted by the appropriate institutions based on the CMAT score.
- The convening authority will publish the results and percentile of CMAT; it is the responsibility of the candidates to apply to the individual colleges.
- Further, each college will have its own set of selection procedure to identify the right candidates based on CMAT score.
- The selection process might encompass the GD, PI, or Written Ability Test.
- The final selection will be on the basis of the performance of candidates in CMAT, GD. PI/WAT by the appropriate institution.
CMAT 2021 Syllabus
Candidates can check the detailed CMAT syllabus below.
|Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation||Logicl Reasoning||Reading Comprehension||General Awareness|
|Allegation & Mixtures||Analytical Reasoning||English Grammar||Current Affairs of National and International Economy|
|Geometry||Blood Relationship Tests||English Usage Errors||Economics|
|Graph||Cause and Effects||Idioms||Geography|
|In-equations||Coding and Decoding||Jumbled Para||History|
|Line||Direction and Distance Test||One-Word Substitution||Indian Constitution|
|Number System||Linear Arrangements||Phrases||Personalities in News|
|Partnership||Matrix Arrangements||Reading Comprehension||Politics|
|Percentages||Non-Verbal Reasoning||Sentence Correction||Science in Everyday Life|
|Permutations & Combinations||Number Series||Sentence Improvement||Sports News|
|Pie Chart, Bar Chart||Ranking Tests||Synonyms||Trade Awareness|
|Pipes and Cisterns||Sequencing|
|Probability||Statements and Arguments|
|Profit and Loss||Statements and Conclusion|
|Quadratic and linear equations||Statements Assumptions|
|Ratio and Proportion||Symbol Based Problems|
|Simple Interest and Compound Interest|
|Work and Time|
CMAT 2021 Admit Cards
The CMAT admit card will be released by NTA on the official website. Candidates, who have completed the application process alone will get the admit card for CMAT 2021. The admit card will be made available on the official website of NTA from the 4th week of Dec 2020 for the applicants to download.
Candidates, who have applied will get the notification about the availability of admit card online to their registered email address. Candidates will have to download the admit card and should print it and they will not get the admit cards to their postal address. Here is the procedure to download admit card:
- Candidates will have to visit the CMAT section of NTA Website
- They will find a link called “Admit card”
- They will have to click on this link and they will be prompted to enter their application number and date of birth. After entering, they can click on the submit button
- They will see that a new window opens with their admit card displayed. They will have to download it
- Before the download, they should check whether all details given in the admit card are correct
- Finally, they will have to take a printout of the admit card
- They should carry this card to the examination center along with a valid photo ID.
Documents for Exam
Candidates must bring the following documents for the CMAT exam.
- Print copy of admit card
- One passport-sized photograph (same as uploaded in the application)
- Valid Photo ID (original, valid and non-expired)
- PWD Certificate issued by an authorized medical officer if claiming relaxation under PWD category
Valid Photo Id (Any one of the below)
- PAN card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Aadhaar Card (With photograph)
- Ration Card
Candidates are not allowed to take the following items to the exam hall.
- Any kind of Paper
- Any metallic item or electronic gadgets
- Eatables and Water (loose or packed)
- Geometry/ Pencil box
- Mobile Phone
- Tape Recorder
- Textual material (printed or written material)
CMAT Answer Key & Recorded Responses
After the test day, the official answer key will be published along with recorded responses by the convening authority. With the official answer key, candidates can somewhat judge their scores. Candidates can challenge the answer key during the time period on the NTA website. NTA will evaluate the challenged answers and release the final answer key.
CMAT 2021 Results
It is expected that the CMAT 2021 result will be declared by the first week of February 2021. Candidates can check the results from the official website of NTA. Based on the records nearly 63297 candidates took up the test in 2020. Here is the step-by-step process involved in checking their results of CMAT 2021:
- Candidates will have to first visit the website of NTA.
- They will have to look for the link that shows “Result & Scorecard”
- This link will be active, once the results are out.
- When they click on the result link, candidates will be prompted to enter their Application Number and Date of Birth.
- Enter the security pin as displayed.
- Click on ‘Submit’
- CMAT Result and Scorecard will be displayed on the screen.
- Take a printout of the result for further counseling process and for applying to colleges.
Details on Scorecard
CMAT Scorecard contain the following details.
- Candidate details – Application No., Roll No., Name, Father’s & Mother’s Name, Category, Gender, DOB, Nationality, State, PWD status
- Subject details
- Maximum marks
- The score obtained (Section-wise and overall)
- NTA Score (Section-wise and overall)
- Instructions & Guidelines
CMAT 2021 Cutoff
The Cutoff is the minimum score a candidate will have to get to qualify in the individual institute CMAT score to participate in the selection process. The cut-off will be released only after the results are declared by institutes separately for admission process, here is the table to show the previous year cut-off accepted by some top B-Schools:
|S. No.||Institute Name||Overall Cut-off Percentile (Previous Year)|
|1||We School, Mumbai||99.06|
|3||MET Institute of Management, Mumbai||97.27|
|4||K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research (KJSIMSR), Mumbai||99.2|
|5||Pune University Department of Management Studies||96.42|