CMAT 2019 Online Registration :
CMAT is the most popular name for Common Management Admission Test. This test is conducted as a national-level entrance test by the All India Council for Technical Education. AICTE conducts this test once a year based on the directions of the MHRD of Government of India. The purpose of this test is to help AICTE-Approved institutions/affiliated colleges/constituent colleges/university departments for the selection of suitable graduate candidates for the admission to the management courses.
In the year 2018, the test was conducted on the 20th of January 2018, while in the year 2017 it was conducted on the 28th of January 2017. For the year 2019, the test is expected to be conducted in the last week of January 2019. From the year 2019, the test is planned to be conducted by the National Testing Agency.
CMAT 2019 Important Dates
Here are the dates for CMAT 2019:
|Starting Date to Register||From the 1st of November 2018|
|Last Date to register for CMAT 2019||30th of November 2018|
|Date of availability of Admit Card||07th January 2019|
|Date of CMAT 2019||28th of January 2019|
|Date of Declaration of Results||10th February 2019 (Tentative)|
|Announcement of All India Merit List||Two or three days after the declaration of results (Tentative)|
CMAT 2019 Notification
Candidates can expect the notification in the month October 2018. They can keep checking this page or leading newspapers. They can continue to check the official website of the National Testing Agency at www.nta.ac.in to know whether the registration has started. Once it begins, they will be able to register by clicking on the registration tab. Otherwise, they cannot register.
CMAT 2019 Eligibility
To apply to CMAT 2019, applicants must be Indian citizens. Further, they should be graduates in any discipline. Those in the final year of their degree course in 10+2+3 format can also apply. However, their results should be declared before the beginning of the admission for the academic year 2019-20.
CMAT 2019 Application Form
Candidates will have to apply to NAT CMAT 2019 only online. The registration procedure encompasses registration, payment of examination and application fee and filling up the online application form. When they are applying, candidates will get the option to choose three test centers as per their convenience.
How To Apply For CMAT 2019
- First candidates will have to register themselves with the official website of NTA
- After this, they will get login credentials
- Using these details, they can login to the website of NTA and can apply
- They will get detailed form-filling procedure from the website of NTA once the registration process begins
- Before they can begin filling up the application form, they will have to pay the required registration/application fee online
- They should enter the payment details on the application form
- They will get to know the fee details and fee payment process along with the notification issued by the National Testing Academy in the middle or end of October 2018.
CMAT 2019 Fee
The application fee is Rs.1400 for general category candidates and Rs.700 for SC/ST/PWD candidates. The application fee is non-refundable and it can be paid using credit/debit card or Net Banking. Even, candidates can pay the fee using E-Wallet.
- Valid Email ID and phone number
- Scanned passport size photo and signature
- Caste Certificate for reserved category candidates
- 10+2 Mark Sheet
- Matriculation certificate for age
- Any valid Government ID Proof.
CMAT 2019 Exam Pattern
The CMAT 2019 will be conducted as a computer-based test in online mode. The test duration is 180 minutes or three hours. The utmost marks will be 400 and there will be 100 questions in total in the test. The test will be MCQ format with four sections. The test pattern is as follows:
|S. No.||Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|3||Logical & Analytical Reasoning||25||100|
For each correct answer, a test taker will get 4 marks. There will be a deduction of 1 mark for each wrong answer. For questions that are not attempted, there will not be any mark deduction. To make sure that candidates can familiarize themselves with the online mode, they are recommended to take an online trial test before the actual CMAT 2019.
CMAT 2019 Selection Process
The selection process for the management courses is conducted by the appropriate institutions based on the CMAT score. The convening authority will just publish the results and percentile of CMAT; it is the responsibility of the candidates to apply to the colleges. Further, each college will have their own set of selection procedure to identify the right candidates based on CMAT score. The selection process might encompass GD, PI or Written Ability Test. The final selection will be on the basis of the performance of candidates in CMAT, GD. PI/WAT by the appropriate institution.
CMAT 2019 Syllabus
Candidates can get to know the detailed syllabus from the official website of NTA at https://nta.ac.in/ as soon as the application process begins.
CMAT 2019 Admit Cards
The admit card will be released by NTA on the official website. Candidates, who have completed the application process alone will get the admit card for CMAT 2019. The admit card will be made available on the official website of NTA from the 7th of January 2019 for the applicants to download. Candidates, who have applied will get the notification about the availability of admit card online to their registered email address. Candidates will have to download the admit card and should print it and they will not get the admit cards to their postal address. Here is the procedure to download admit card:
- Candidates will have to visit the CMAT section of NTA Website
- They will find a link called “Admit card”
- They will have to click on this link and they will be prompted to enter their application ID and password. After entering, they can click on the submit button
- They will see that a new window opens with their admit card displayed. They will have to download it
- Before they download, they should check whether all details given in the admit card are correct
- Finally, they will have to take a printout of the admit card
- They should carry this card to the examination center along with a valid photo ID.
CMAT 2019 Results
It is expected that the CMAT 2019 result will be declared around the 10th of February 2019. Candidates can check the results from the official website of NTA. Based on the records nearly 59000 candidates took up the test last year. After the test day, the official answer key will be published by the convening authority. Thereafter, the actual results will be declared. With the official answer key, candidates can somewhat judge their score. Here is the step-by-step process involved in checking their results of CMAT 2019:
- Candidates will have to first visit the website of NTA.
- They will have to look for the link that shows “Results”
- This link will be active, once the results are out.
- When they click on the result link, candidates will be prompted to enter their exam roll number and password.
- Once they submit these details, their result will be displayed on the screen.
- They should take a printout of the result for further counselling process and for applying to colleges.
CMAT 2019 Cutoff
The Cutoff is the minimum score a candidate will have to get to qualify in CMAT. As the cut-off will be released only after the test is conducted, here is the table to show the previous year cut-off accepted by some top B-Schools:
|S. No.||Institute Name||Overall Cut-off Percentile (Previous Year)|
|1||We School, Mumbai||99.06|
|3||MET Institute of Management, Mumbai||97.27|
|4||K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research (KJSIMSR), Mumbai||99.2|
|5||Pune University Department of Management Studies||96.42|