CSIR NET 2018 – Application Form & Apply Online : CSIR has released CSIR UGC NET 2018 official notification for the December session. Every year CSIR conducts NET exam twice a year, once in the month of June and other in the month of December. In this article find details like CSIR UGC NET December 2018 notification, Application form, Exam date, Admit Card, Result, and Cutoff etc.
CSIR UGC NET exam 2018 will be conducted for determining the eligibility of Indian Nationals for
- Appointment of Lecturers (LS) in certain subject areas of the faculty of Science & Technology
- The award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF)
CSIR UGC NET exam is one of the most important exams for the selection of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Lecturer or Assistant Professor Post. Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is a premier research and development organization of India. This well known organization conducts various entrance exams and most prominent one is National Eligibility Test (NET) exam.
CSIR UGC NET 2018 will be an excellent opportunity for the one who wants to make their career by doing research under faculty members / scientists employed in University Department / National Laboratories and Institutions in various fields of Science or to work as a Lecturer through Lectureship. All the necessary details regarding the CSIR NET exam 2018 have been released by the organization. The tentative date for the exam is scheduled to be on Dec 16, 2018 [Sunday]. Hence, read further to know all the important dates regarding the CSIR NET exam 2018.
CSIR UGC NET 2018 Notification [December]
A few days ago, the Deputy Secretary (Exam) of CSIR HRDG issued notification of Joint CSIR-UGC NET for JRF & LS, December 2018. On 19th Sept 2018, the officials also issued the Information Bulletin for detailed information / instructions. Both notification and information bulletin are available at www.csirhrdg.res.in.
- To read / download information bulletin now, please click here
CSIR UGC NET 2018 Overview
|Exam name||CSIR UGC NET 2018|
|Organized & conducted by||Human Resource Development Group (HRDG), a division of Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR)|
|Purpose of exam||for determining eligibility of candidates for JRF & LS|
|CSIR NET 2018 application form will be available from||Sept 25, 2018|
|Last date for submitting CSIR NET online application||Oct 15, 2018|
|CSIR NET exam date 2018||16th Dec., 2018 [Sunday]|
|Admit card for CSIR UGC NET exam will be available to download from||-|
|Examination Centres||27 centres spread all over India|
|CSIR NET December 2018 exam's result may be declared in||March / April 2019|
|CSIR NET fellowship will be effective from||1st July, 2019|
|Validity period for joining the fellowship||2 years|
|CSIR NET 2018 official website / Apply online @||www.csirhrdg.res.in|
CSIR NET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
A candidate should possess minimum educational qualification along with required age to be eligible to appear in CSIR NET 2018 exam. CSIR NET eligibility conditions are explained below
CSIR NET 2018 Educational Qualification
CSIR prescribes minimum educational qualification along with minimum percentage of marks in the qualified degree to appear in the NET exam, They are tabulated below
|Master of Science (M.Sc.) or Equivalent Degree||For General-55%|
For SC, ST, PH or OBC – 50%
|B.Tech, BE, B.Pharma or MBBS Degree||For General-55%|
For SC,ST,PH or OBC - 50%
|10+2+3 qualified candidates of above qualifying examinations.|
(Can apply in Result Awaited Category)
For SC, ST, PH or OBC – 50%
Age Limit and Relaxation
A candidate must possess prescribe age limit to be eligible to apply for CSIR NET 2018. Maximum age limit for JRF (NET) as on July 1, 2018 is 28 years and there is no upper age limit for Lectureship (NET).
However there is an age relaxation of 5 years for those belonging to Non-creamy layer like of OBC and other categories like SC, ST, and PH.
Other Essential Qualifications
- All the aspirants who want to write CSIR NET Exam must be the citizens of India.
- Candidates who are enrolled in Integrated MS-PhD degree program can also apply for CSIR NET exam.
- Candidates who have a bachelor degree like B.Sc. (Honors) will only be eligible for CSIR fellowship after they get enrolled or registered in a PhD or an Integrated PhD program within two years of validity period.
CSIR NET 2018 Application Fee
Candidate can pay the application fee for CSIR NET Exam 2018 only through Debit Card or Net Banking or Credit Card. The application fee for different categories is mentioned below
|For General||Rs. 1000/-|
|For OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||Rs. 500/-|
|For SC, ST, PH or PwD (Persons with disability)||Rs. 250/-|
CSIR NET 2018 Application Form
The only mode available to fill the application form is online mode and the application form is made available on the official website of CSIR i.e. ‘csirhrdg.res.in’ from Sept 25 to Oct 15, 2018. Here are the steps to apply for CSIR NET Exam 2018
How To Apply Online For CSIR NET 2018
To help the candidates fill the form with ease, below we have given detailed process to apply online for CSIR NET 2018 has been given below
- Open the official website of CSIR or click here
- On the homepage, click on the link ‘Apply Online’
- Application form will be opened
- Firstly, select the option to which you are applying [either JRF / LS or both]
- Then select subject and specialization
- Select one exam centre of your choice
- Select medium of exam [either English or Hindi]
- Enter your personal details such as name, email address, mobile no., father’s / mother’s name etc.
- Select gender, date of birth & category
- Enter your complete mailing address including postal code
- Then enter your permanent address
- Enter your Qualifying degree details
- Scan and upload your recent passport size photo, signature & qualifying final / last mark sheet
- Then scan and upload category certificate [only for candidates of SC/ST/OBC categories]
- Scan and upload PwD certificate [if applicable]
- Scan and upload ‘Attestation form’ [if you are applying as Result Awaited candidate]
- Now, click on tab ‘Save and Preview’
- If you want to make any changes in your online application then click on option ‘Edit Application’ otherwise click on option ‘Final Submit and Proceed for Fee Payment’
- Once you click option ‘Final Submit and Proceed for Fee Payment’, you cannot make changes in the particulars filled in your online application form; therefore, check every detail of your application to avoid any kind of error
- After submitting application form, you will get an auto-generated application no,note it down carefully for future use
- Now proceed for Fee Payment
- After completing fee payment process, you should print your application form for future use
- Candidates are not required to send the completed application form to the CSIR but are advised to upload all the relevant documents to avoid rejection of application form
- Candidates are requested to keep application id, Submitted application form and mobile number along with email and password till the process is completed.
Read : CSIR NET 2018 Apply Online
Necessary Details Required While Filling Up The Application Form
- Name of the candidate
- Mobile number
- Email id
- Date of birth
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Marks obtained in Class 10th
- Marks obtained in Class 12th
- Subjects studied in graduation
- Percentage obtained in graduation
- Reservation details
- Permanent address details
Not Possible To Make Corrections In The CSIR NET Application Form
Make sure there is no error while filling the online application form as it is not possible to correct the details once submitted. Preview before submitting online application form. If more than one application submitted, none of the applications will be considered.
Documents To Be Uploaded With CSIR NET Application Form
- A recent black and white photograph and signature in the prescribed format within dimensions should be uploaded while filling the application form
- Attested copy of category certificate and /disability certificate should be attached by the candidates belonging to OBC, SC, ST, PH and PWD categories if claiming concession in fee
- Degree certificate or last semester marks list
- Attestation form duly attested by HoD for Result Awaited candidates
CSIR NET 2018 Exam Pattern
The exam will be conducted in two sessions on Sunday 16th Dec 2018. No extra time will be allotted under any circumstances; candidates have to complete the exam in given 3 hours.
|Format of the paper||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Mode of Exam||Pen and paper mode|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Timings of First Session||9 am to 12 noon|
|Timings of Second Session||2 pm to 5 pm|
List Of Subjects Included In The CSIR NET 2018 Are As Follows
- Life Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Atmospheric and Ocean Sciences
- Planetary Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
CSIR NET 2018 Syllabus and Scheme of Exam
It has three sections namely
- Part A – It will be common for all subjects, It has questions from General Aptitude with focus on logical reasoning, analytical and numerical ability, graphical analysis, quantitative comparison, puzzles, series formation
- Part B – Subject related Questions will be covered from the given syllabus, and the nature of questions will be of MCQs
- Part C – Higher knowledge questions to test candidate’s knowledge, the nature of questions will be of analytical
|Morning Session||Life Sciences||9.00 AM - 12.00 Noon||200||3 hrs|
|Afternoon Session||Chemical Sciences||2.00 PM - 5.00 PM||200||3 hrs|
|Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences|
Note : Negative marking will be there for wrong answers and will be as per subject wise scheme of exam. E.g. for mathematical sciences 25 % negative marking in Part A and B and there will be no negative marking for Part C.
CSIR UGC NET 2018 Syllabus
CSIR NET syllabus is available at www.csirhrdg.res.in. To view CSIR NET syllabus now, please click here. For area / subject wise CSIR NET syllabus, please click on the link available against that subject.
- Chemical Sciences – click here
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences – click here
- Life sciences – click here
- Mathematical Sciences – click here
- Physical Sciences – click here
CSIR NET 2018 Question Papers
CSIR NET question papers are available at www.csirhrdg.res.in. To view CSIR NET question papers now, please click here.
CSIR UGC NET 2018 Admit Card
Before few days from CSIR UGC NET, candidates will be able to download their e-admit card through website www.csirhrdg.res.in. CSIR UGC NET 2018 admit card will not be sent by post.
How To Download CSIR UGC NET 2018 Admit Card?
- Open CSIR HRDG’s official website
- Find and click on the relevant link
- Enter application no., then select date of birth
- Then click on tab ‘Submit’
- Your CSIR UGC NET 2018 admit card will be displayed
- Print it
All the candidates are required to bring a photo identity card along with a hard copy of their e-Admit Card on the day of examination.
CSIR NET 2018 Result Declaration
The results are expected to be declared in the month of March/April 2019. For different disciplines separate merit lists will be published.
How To Download CSIR UGC NET Result
To check result of CSIR NET Exam follow the below mentioned procedure
- Visit the official website of CSIR: csirhrdg.res.in
- Clink on the link displaying the result of CSIR NET Exam 2018
- Enter all the details like roll number, date of birth and the security code
- Then, click on the ‘Submit’ button
- Result will be displayed
- Take the print out of it for future reference
Merit List For CSIR NET 2018
- Two separate merit lists will be published for LS NET and JRF NET Results
- Merit list will be prepared on the basis of the performance of the candidate in the entrance exam
- Those who will qualify JRF NET will also be eligible for LS NET (if they meet the required eligibility criteria)
- Whereas, those who will qualify LS NET will not be eligible for Regular JRF fellowship program
- They will only be eligible for JRF in a scheme or a project
- The merit list will be valid for two years, so a candidate can join the CSIR fellowship program within 2 years
CSIR NET 2018 Cut Off
The cut off marks for different subjects will be declared separately. The cutoff of a competitive exam is affected by numerous factors like:
- Total number of seats available
- Total number of candidates appearing for the exam
- Difficulty level of the exam
Here we have mentioned the previous year cutoff of CSIR NET Exam 2017
|Lecturership (NET)||Junior Research Fellowship (NET)|
|Chemical Science||52.88 %||46.35 %||38.03 %||27.68 %||25.00 %||58.75 %||51.50 %||42.25 %||30.75 %||25.00 %|
|Earth Science||49.37 %||42.95 %||35.28%||31.99 %||25.52 %||54.86 %||47.72 %||39.20 %||35.54 %||28.36 %|
|Life Science||45.45 %||36.90 %||31.28 %||27.00 %||25.00 %||50.50 %||41.00 %||34.75 %||30.00 %||25.00 %|
|Mathematical Science||43.54 %||36.68 %||28.13 %||25.00 %||25.00 %||48.38 %||40.75 %||31.25 %||25.00 %||25.13 %|
|Physical Science||38.37 %||33.00 %||26.89 %||25.00 %||25.00 %||42.63 %||35.56 %||29.88 %||25.13 %||25.94 %|
Fill up the application form as soon as possible to avoid the last minute rush, as the last date of filling the application form is approaching soon.
We wish you all the luck for cracking out the CSIR NET exam this year!!