EPFO SSA 2020 [Exam Date, Pattern, Syllabus] : EPFO SSA Notification 2020 will be released in 2nd week of June 2020 for the posts of Social Security Assistant in Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation. Eligible candidates can apply online from 14th June 2020 through the EPFO website www.epfindia.gov.in and last date of registration is 21st July, 2020 (17:00 hrs). EPFO social security assistant application form should be submitted through online mode only.
Before applying online, interested candidates are required to know the eligibility conditions prescribed for the post(s), details of vacancies, scale of pay, how to apply, examination fee & mode of payment, scheme of examination, qualifying marks, centre of examination, call letter, result etc.
Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation is conducting a national-level recruitment for 2189 vacancies of Social Security Assistant. Candidates who are in between the age of 18 and 27 years and have a degree of any recognized University / Institute can apply online through the EPFO website.
- Age Limit
- Application Form
- Apply Online
- Fee Payment
- Exam Pattern
- Exam Centres
- Admit Card
- Cut Off
EPFO Social Security Assistant Notification 2020
On 14 June 2020, Regional P.F. Commissioner-I (Exam) at EPFO will release a notice for recruitment to the post of Social Security Assistant in EPFO. Detailed notification will be released and made available on the website of EPFO.
EPFO Social Security Assistant Vacancies
EPFO Social Security Assistant vacancies notified below are subject to change and organization holds right to change vacancies as per its requirements.
|State / Union Territory||Total vacancies|
|Gujarat, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu||70|
|Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Tripura||32|
|Punjab & Chandigarh||6|
Note – For further details of vacancies such as category-wise vacancies etc. please refer to EPFO assistant notification 2020.
EPFO SSA Overview
|Name of exam||EPFO Social Security Assistant Recruitment 2020|
|Also known as||EPFO Assistant Exam 2020|
|Conducted by||Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation|
|Notification no.||- / SSA / DR|
|Notification release||June 14, 2020|
|Post name||Social Security Assistant|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Online Registration of Application||27 June 2020 - 21 July 2020 up to 05:00 PM|
|Selection procedure||Phase I (prelims), Phase II (mains) and Phase III (computer skill test)|
|Call Letters for Phase I||21 August 2020 - 01 September 2020|
|Phase I (Preliminary Examination)||31 Aug and 01 Sept, 2020|
|Result of Preliminary Examination||To be notified|
|Call Letters for Phase II||To be notified|
|Phase II (Main Examination)||To be notified|
|Result of Main Examination||To be notified|
|Call letters for Phase III||To be notified|
|Phase III (Skill test / Computer data entry test)||To be notified|
|Final result||To be notified|
|Apply online||www.epfindia.gov.in or www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php|
EPFO Social Security Assistant Eligibility
Before applying online for EPFO Social Security Assistant recruitment 2020, interested candidates are advised to ensure that they fulfil / possess all the eligibility conditions prescribed for the post in EPFO assistant notification 2020.
Nationality / Citizenship
A candidate should be either a,
- An Indian citizen OR
- A subject of Nepal / Bhutan OR
- A Tibetan refugee who was came to India before 1st of Jan 1962 with intention of permanently settling in India OR
- A PIO who has migrated from Sri Lanka, Burma, Pakistan, East African Countries of Kenya, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
Note – Apart from Indian citizens, others will have to produce a certificate of eligibility at the time of appointment; certificate of eligibility should be issued by the Government of India
EPFO SSA Age Limit
As on 21 July 2020, candidates who have attained an age between 18 and 27 years (or) who have been born between 22 July 1993 and 21 July 2002 are eligible to apply for EPFO social security assistant.
EPFO SSA Age Relaxation
|Category||Age relaxation||Date of Birth not earlier than|
|SC / ST||Up to 5 years||July 22, 1987|
|OBC - NCL||Up to 03 years||July 22, 1989|
|For Persons with Benchmark Disability (PwBD)|
|SC / ST||15 years||-|
|OBC - NCL||13 years||-|
|For Ex - Servicemen|
|SC / ST||8 years (3 years + 5 years)||-|
|OBC - NCL||6 years (3 years + 3 years)||-|
|For Employees of EPFO and Central Government|
|OBC - NCL||Up to 43 years of age|
|SC / ST||Up to 45 years of age|
|General||Up to 40 years of age|
As on 21 July 2020, candidates who wish to apply for EPFO social security assistant recruitment 2020 must have a degree of any recognized university / institution or equivalent. In addition to this, candidates must possess a speed of minimum 5000 key depressions / hour for data entry work. A Computer Training Certificate is a desirable qualification.
Note – Candidates waiting for results of the final examination of the prescribed qualification must not apply.
EPFO Social Security Assistant Application Form
EPFO Social Security Assistant Application forms will be available on the official website of EPFO from 27 June 2020 and the last date of registration is 21 July 2020. Candidates who wish to apply for EPFO Assistant recruitment must scan their recent photo, signature, left hand thumb impression and hand written declaration before applying online. Along with these documents, candidates also have to keep ready other necessary documents / details like mobile number, email ID etc. before applying online for EPFO Social Security Assistant recruitment.
EPFO Assistant Application form should be submitted online through the website of EPFO. It contains two parts- application registration and filling in application form. Detailed guidelines / procedures to complete both the parts of EPFO Assistant Application form are given below.
EPFO SSA : How To Apply Online?
Firstly, candidates will have to complete registration of application and procedure to complete registration is given below
- Open the website of EPFO or click here
- Click on tab ‘Recruitments’ available under ‘Miscellaneous’ tab
- Click ‘Apply Online’ link available against ‘Recruitment to the post of Social Security Assistant in EPFO’
- A new window will open up
- Click on ‘Click here for New Registration’ tab
- Read all the important points then click on ‘Continue’ tab
- Enter your ‘First Name’ then confirm it
- Enter your ‘Middle Name’ then confirm it
- Enter your ‘Last Name’ then confirm it
- Enter your mobile no.
- Re-enter your mobile no.
- Enter your Email ID then confirm it
- Enter ‘Security Code’ as shown in the image
- Recheck all details entered by you and make changes, if required
- Click on ‘Save & Next’ tab
- Your provisional registration number and password will be displayed on the screen; same details will be sent to your registered email ID and mobile no.
- Proceed further to fill in EPFO Assistant Application form
Filling In EPFO Social Security Assistant Application
- Upload scanned image of your recent photo
- Upload scanned image of your signature
- Both the files should be as per the guidelines prescribed in application form
- Then click on ‘Next’ tab
- Enter additional details such as ‘region for which you are applying’, ‘State / UT covered under the region’, ‘category’ etc.
- Provide details of disability, if applicable
- Enter into all fields related to ‘Ex-serviceman’, if applicable
- Provide your other details
- Select ‘Nationality / Citizenship’
- Select ‘Centre of Preliminary Examination and Main examination’
- Enter your ‘Date of Birth’ then select ‘Gender’ and ‘Marital Status’
- Enter your ‘Father’s / Mother’s name’, ‘Address for Correspondence’ and ‘Permanent Address’
- Verify your details and make changes if required otherwise click on tab ‘Validate your details’
- Click on tab ‘Save & Next’
- Enter details of your ‘Educational Qualifications’ (as on 21 July 2020) such as ‘Graduation’ ‘Date of passing’, ‘% of Marks’ and ‘Class / Grade’
- If you have knowledge of computer then select option ‘Yes’ and enter details otherwise ‘No’
- Provide details of work experience, if any
- Provide details of languages you know
- Click on ‘Validate your details’ tab
- Click on ‘Save & Next’ tab
- Read and accept declaration
- Click on ‘Final Submit’ tab
- Upload scanned images of thumb impression and handwritten declaration
- Enter security code
- Click on ‘Save & next’ tab
- Payment window will open
- Select any of the available payment modes to make payment online
- After making payment, print e-receipt for future reference
- Don’t forget to print your application form
Application Fee & Mode Of Payment
SC / ST / PwBD / Female Candidates / Ex-Servicemen will have to pay an amount of Rs. 250/- towards EPFO Assistant Application fee whereas candidates belonging to rest categories will have to pay an amount of Rs. 500/- as their EPFO Social Security Assistant Application fee. Tax / bank transaction charges, if any, have to be borne by the candidates.
Candidates can make payment online by using credit cards, debit cards, internet banking, cash cards / mobile wallets and IMPS. After making payment, candidates should print e-Receipt which will be auto-generated on successful completion of transaction.
Documents / Things Required For Applying Online
- Valid email ID
- Working mobile number
- Scanned image of latest photo in JPG / JPEG format; size of file should be between 20 kb and 50 kb with dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred)
- Scanned image of signature in JPG / JPEG format; dimensions should be 140 x 60 pixels in 200 DPI; file size should be between 20 kb and 50 kb
- Scanned image of left hand thumb impression in JPG / JPEG format; dimensions should be 240 x 240 pixels in 200 DPI; file size should be between 20 kb and 50 kb
- Scanned image of ‘hand-written declaration’ in English in JPG / JPEG format; dimensions should be 800 x 400 pixels in 200 DPI; file size should be between 50 kb and 100 kb
- Details of credit / debit card / internet banking
EPFO Social Security Assistant Exam Pattern & Syllabus
EPFO Social Security Assistant recruitment will include three phases. Phase I will be a preliminary examination whereas Phase II will be a main examination and then Phase III Computer Skill Test (Computer Data Entry Test) will be conducted.
Phase I Preliminary Examination
Candidates who successfully apply for EPFO Social Security Assistant Recruitment 2020 will be eligible to appear for Phase I preliminary examination to be conducted on 31st August and 1st September, 2020 at various examination centres across the nation.
- Phase I prelims will be an objective test having 100 MCQs distributed in three parts / subjects.
- Each MCQ will be of 1 mark and max. marks will be 100.
- For every incorrect answer, 1/4th of the mark assigned to that question will be deducted.
- Candidates will get 20 minutes to solve MCQs in every part / subject i.e., overall time duration will be 1 hour (60 minutes).
- Phase I prelims will be qualifying in nature as well as marks will not be considered for final merit. However, on the basis of performance in Phase I, candidates will be shortlisted for Phase II.
|Name of the Test (Objective Tests)||No. of Questions||Max. marks||Duration (in minutes)||Language / Medium|
|Total||100||100||60 (01 Hour)|
Phase II Main Examination
- Candidates who secure cut off / qualifying marks in Prelims will be shortlisted and called for Phase II main examination.
- Main examination will have 150 objective type questions distributed in 4 subjects / tests and 3 descriptive type questions for 30 marks.
- Phase II marks will be considered for final selection.
- On the basis of performance in Phase II, candidates will be shortlisted for Phase III (Skill test) in the ratio of 1:5.
|Name of the Test (Objective Tests)||No. of Questions||Max. marks||Duration (in minutes)||Language / Medium|
|General / Economy / Financial Awareness||40||40||20||Bilingual|
|Reasoning / Intelligence||40||60||35||Bilingual|
|Total||150||200||120 minutes (2 hours)|
|Descriptive Paper (English Language with emphasis on comprehension and analysis)||3||30||45 minutes||English|
|Grand Total||153||230||165 minutes (2 hours 45 minutes)|
Phase III Computer Skill Test (Computer Data Entry Test)
Candidates who secure cut off / qualifying marks in Phase II main examination will be shortlisted and called to appear for the Computer Skill Test. It will be qualifying in nature and conducted to assess speed and accuracy of candidates for Data Entry Work. Minimum requirement is 5000 key depressions per hour.
EPFO Social Security Assistant Exam Syllabus
Syllabus for Prelims Phase I
|Subject / test||Syllabus|
|English Language||New Pattern Cloze Test, Phrase Replacement, Odd Sentence Out cum Para Jumbles, Paragraph Conclusion, Error Detection Questions, Phrasal Verb Related Questions etc.|
|Reasoning Ability||Coding-Decoding, Order and Ranking, Direction Sense, Blood-Relation, Alpha-Numeric-Symbol Series, Alphabet Related Questions etc.|
|Numerical Aptitude||Probability, Mensuration, Profit and Loss, SI & CI, Number Series, Approximation and Simplification, Data Interpretation, Problems on Trains / Boats & Stream etc.|
Syllabus for Mains Phase II
|Subject / test||Syllabus|
|Reasoning / Intelligence||Logical Reasoning, Direction Sense, Puzzles & Seating Arrangements, Blood, Order and Ranking, Relation, Syllogism, Coding-Decoding, Machine Input-Output, Series, Data Sufficiency, Inequalities, Alpha-Numeric-Symbol etc.|
|Introduction to Computer Organisation, History and Generation of Computers, Computer Hardware and I/O Devices, Operating System, Computer Memory, Computer Software / Languages, Internet, MS Office Suite and Short cut keys etc.|
|General / Economy / Financial Awareness||Current Affairs, Financial Awareness, Banking and Insurance Awareness, Govt. Schemes and Policies, Static Awareness etc.|
|English Language||Reading comprehension, Odd Sentence Out cum Para Jumbles, New Pattern Cloze Test, Phrase Replacement, Inference, Error Detection Questions, Word usage / Vocab Based Questions etc.|
|Quantitative Aptitude||SI & CI, Problem on Ages, Number Series, Approximation and Simplification, Problems on Boats and Stream / Trains, Mixture and Allegation, Pipes and Cisterns), Data Interpretation, Permutation and Combination, Average, Ratio and Proportion etc.|
Syllabus for Phase III Skill Test
|Subject / test||Syllabus|
|Skill Test||5000 key depressions per hour|
EPFO Social Security Assistant Selection Procedure
- Phase I prelims will be qualifying in nature; marks in prelims will not be used for merit. However, marks in prelim will be used for shortlisting of candidates for Phase II main examination
- On the basis of performance in Phase II, candidates will be shortlisted for Phase III skill test; marks of Phase II will also will be used for final merit
- Phase III skill test will be qualifying in nature and marks will not be considered for merit ranking.
EPFO Social Security Assistant Examination Centres
EPFO Social Security Assistant examination will be conducted at the following centres
|Preliminary Examination Phase I||Main examination Phase II||Computer Skill Test Phase III|
|Dehradun, Haldwani, Roorkee, Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Warangal, Kota, Sikar, Udaipur, Ajmer, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Muzaffarnagar, Noida/Greater Noida, Varanasi, Lucknow, Meerut, Moradabad, Gorakhpur, Jansi, Kanpur, Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Ghaziabad, Mohali, Patiala, Chandigarh-Mohali, Amritsar, Bhatinda, Dibugarh, Guwahati, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Cuttak, Dhenkanal, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Balasore, Berhampur (Ganjam), Bhubaneshwar, Tezpur, Imphal, Shillong, Aizwal, Kohima, Agartala, Naharlagun, Jorhat, Silchar, Jabalpur, Sagar, Satna, Ujjain, Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Nanded, Nashik, Mumbai / Thane / Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Amravati, Aurangabad (Maharashtra), Jalgoan, Kolhapur, Bengaluru, Belgaum, Gulbarga, Hubli-Dharwad, Mandya, Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga, Udupi, Ambala, Hisar, Karnal, Faridabad, Gurugram, Yamuna Nagar, Hamirpur, Shimla, Kurukshetra, Panipat, Solan, Kangra, Kullu, Mandi, Ahmedabad-Gandhi Nagar, Anand, Mehsana, Rajkot, Delhi & New Delhi, Ghaziabad, Noida, Greater Noida, Surat, Vadodara, Arrah, Bhagalpur, Faridabad, Gurugram, Darbhanga, Bhilai Nagar, Bilaspur, Raipur, Gaya, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea, Chirala, Nellore, Rajahmundry, Tirupati, Guntur, Kakinada, Kurnool, Vijaywada, Vishakhapatnam, Vizianagram||Allahabad, Lucknow, Agra, Dehradun, Roorkee, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Mohali, Bhubaneshwar, Guwahati, Bhopal, Mumbai/Thane/Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Kochi, Bengalaru, Belgaum, Ambala, Hisar Kurukshtra, Karnal, Panipat, Hamirpur, Shimla, Panaji, Ahmedabad-Gandhi Nagar, Delhi NCR, Raipur, Bilaspur, Patna, Vijaywada, Vishakhapatnam||Will be informed after declaration of result of Phase II Main Examination|
EPFO Social Security Assistant Call letter
EPFO Social Security Assistant Call letters 2020 for online tests (Phase I & Phase II) and Skill test (Phase III) will be available online only. For downloading call letters, candidates will have to visit the EPFO’s website and use registration number / roll Number and password / date of birth. After downloading and printing call letters, candidates must paste their latest passport size photo on it; photo to be affixed on the call letter must be same as provided at the time of registration.
How To Download Call Letter?
- Open the EPFO’s website
- Click on ‘Download call letter’ link
- A new window having login section will be displayed on the screen
- Enter and submit the asked details such as registration number / roll number and password / date of birth
- After login, find and click on the appropriate link to download call letter
- Once call letter is download, print it on A4 size paper
- Don’t forget to paste photo on the call letter
While appearing for the examination, candidates must bring their call letter and Photo Identity Proof. Candidates must report on the time mentioned on their call letter for examination otherwise they will not be allowed to write the examination.
In the Phase I, II and III examinations, candidate’s identity will be verified. For this, candidates will have to submit to the invigilator their call letter as well as an original and a photocopy of any of the following photo IDs
- PAN card
- Voter’s Card
- Permanent driving license
- E-Aadhar Card with a photograph
- Voter’s card
- Employee ID
EPFO Social Security Assistant Result
Result of Phase I / Phase II and Phase III will be published on EPFO’s website. After conducting examination of each phase, EPFO will release its result.
EPFO Social Security Assistant Cut Off
Along with result of Phase I & Phase II examinations, the Organization will also release cutoffs / minimum qualifying marks. Candidates who score at least or above cut off of Phase I examination will be shortlisted for Phase II examination whereas who score above cut off of Phase II examination will be shortlisted for Phase III skill test. Further details about EPFO Assistant Cut off will be updated here after declaration of result of Preliminary and main examination.
EPFO Social Security Assistant Salary
Candidates selected to the post of Social Security Assistant in EPFO are eligible for Entry Pay Rs 25,500/- under 7th Pay Commission along with allowances as per rules.
EPFO Social Security Assistant FAQs
Q. What Are The Dates For Online Registration Of Application?
A. Online registration of application can be done between 27 June 2020 and 21 July 2020 up to 05:00 PM.
Q. When Will Be The EPFO Social Security Assistant Exam Conducted?
A. EPFO Assistant exam (Phase I) will be conducted on 31st August and 1st September, 2020. Dates of Phase II and Phase III examinations to be held for EPFO Assistant recruitment will be announced in due course or after declaration of result of Preliminary Examination (Phase-I) and Main Examination (Phase-II), respectively.
Q. How Many Vacancies Are There?
A. 2189 vacancies of Social Security Assistant.
Q. What Is The Application Fee To Apply For EPFO Social Security Assistant Job?
A. For SC / ST/ PwBD / Female Candidates / Ex-Servicemen, EPFO assistant application fee is Rs. 250/-. For candidates belonging to other categories, EPFO assistant application fee is Rs. 500/-. Candidates of all categories will have to pay applicable tax / bank transaction charges, if any.
Q. Is There Any Negative Marking In The Examination?
A. Yes, there will be negative marking, for every incorrect answer, 1/4th of the mark assigned to that question will be deducted.