GATE 2021 Registration, Eligibility, Apply Online : GATE application form 2021 has been released @ www.gate.iitb.ac.in by IIT Bombay. GATE registration 2021 will start from 11th September 2020 at the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). Interested candidates will have to GATE eligibility and apply online on the GATE 2021 official website.
- The GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) will open up for GATE 2021 registration from 11th September 2020.
- GATE 2021 registration last date is 24th September 2020. The extended last date is 8th Oct 2020 and with a late fee is 14th October 2020.
- Application correction window will be available between 28th Oct – 13th Nov 2020.
- To appear in GATE 2021 exam, candidates should fill and submit an online application on the GATE 2021 official website.
- The GATE 2021 exam is scheduled to be held on 5-7th, 12-14th Feb 2021.
GATE 2021 Overview
|Name of the examination||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Popularly known as||GATE|
|Organized by||Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay|
|Conducted jointly by||IISc, Bangalore and the 7 IITs (at Roorkee, Madras, Kharagpur, Kanpur, Guwahati, Delhi and Bombay)|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Notification||9th Sep 2020|
|GATE 2021 registration dates||September 11 to 24, 2020|
|Extended Closing Date||8th October 2020|
(Late Fee - 14th Oct 2020)
|Last date to request for change of exam city||13th November 2020|
|GATE 2021 admit card||8th January 2021|
|GATE 2021 examination||5-7th and 12-14th February 2021|
|GATE 2021 result||22 March 2021|
|GATE 2021 official website||www.gate.iitb.ac.in|
GATE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
For GATE registration 2021, the candidates are advised to make sure that they meet the GATE eligibility criteria, which are mentioned below.
There is no age limit specified for the GATE examination.
GATE 2021 Educational Qualification for Indian Candidates
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree of 4-year duration in relevant stream or Master’s Degree in relevant Science stream to be eligible for GATE 2021.
Candidates in the final year of the qualifying exam are eligible to apply. Course wise qualification is mentioned below.
|Qualifying Degree / Examination||Qualifying Degree||Description of Eligible Candidates||Year of Qualification not later than|
|Integrated M.Sc. or 5 years|
integrated B.S.-M.S. program
|Int. M.Sc. / Int. B.S.-M.S.||Currently in the|
final year or already
|Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program|
in Engineering/Technology (5 years program)
|Int. M.E./M.Tech. or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||Currently in the|
th/5th year or
|Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering/Technology (4 years program)||Int. M.E./ M.Tech. (Post-B.Sc.)||Currently in the 2nd/|
rd/4th year or
|Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent||M. Sc./ M.A. / MCA or equivalent||Currently in the|
final year or already
|6 years program, consisting of internship or residency training during sixth year||Pharm. D. (after 10+2)||Currently in the|
th/6th year or
|Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma/4 years after 10+2)||B.Sc. (Research)/ B.S.||Currently in the 4th|
year or already
|Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture (5 years course)/ Naval Architecture (4 years course) / Planning (4 years course)||B. Arch.||Currently in the|
final year or already
|Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering /Technology)||B.E./|
|Currently in the|
final year or already
|B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch. equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-|
India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India and so on)
|Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E./B.Tech./B. Arch.)||Completed Section|
A or equivalent of
GATE Educational Qualification for Foreign Candidates
- Must have completed or are in the final year of their Post Graduate (Master’s) degree of the duration of at least 2 years in any relevant subjects in science (OR)
- Must have completed or are in the final year of their Bachelor’s degree of the duration of at least 4 years in Engineering/Technology.
GATE 2021 Application Form
GATE 2021 Application form will be released on the official website on 11th September 2020. Candidates who fulfill the minimum GATE eligibility conditions will be able to apply online by filling the online application form through the website till 24th September 2020.
Candidates will also get extended time to fill the online application form till 8th October 2020, and with a late fee is 14th Oct 2020 but you should know that if you fill the application form during the late fee period, you have to pay the extra application fee of Rs. 500/-. So, the candidates are advised not to wait and fill the online application form.
GATE Apply Online Link 2021
How To Apply Online for GATE 2021?
GATE 2021 application form will be available on GATE 2021 official website. First, candidates are required to complete GATE registration 2021 and apply successfully by paying the required fee. Below we have provided the steps to fill and submit the GATE 2021 application form.
- Open GATE 2021 official website
- First, read GATE 2021 notification and information brochure to understand eligibility conditions
- Then find and click on the link ‘New User? Register Here’
- On clicking the said link, you will see a new GATE registration form for new users
- Now start filling up all fields
- Enter your first name then middle name, last name, email address, country of residence, mobile number, and password
- Verify then submit all the details
- Within a few seconds, you will get your enrolment ID for GATE 2021 through a text message and email
- Again, open the website of GOAPS to complete the GATE 2021 online application process
- On the homepage of the GOAPS website, you will see a login section
- Enter your enrolment ID or email address and password
- Then solve the arithmetic expression and write the value in the provided space
- Then click on tab ‘Submit’
- Now you have to select and enter GATE 2021 exam details such as ‘Choice of Examination Country’, ‘Choice of Examination City 1’ etc.
- For examination city and center, you can provide your choices
- Enter your personal details such as full name, date of birth, mobile number, etc.
- Enter the complete address for communication; don’t forget to write PIN code
- Select gender, nationality, and identity details
- Provide qualifying degree details such as ‘Institute Registration no.’, ‘Qualifying Degree’, ‘Discipline of Qualifying Degree’, ‘Year of Qualifying Degree’, ‘Country of College / University’, ‘State / Union Territory’ etc.
- Upload scanned files of the following documents such as photo, signature, and eligibility document/certificate
- Read and accept the declaration
- Then click on the tab ‘Submit and Proceed to Payment’
- The application fee is different for Indian nationals and International candidates
- Pay fee through debit/credit card or net banking
Note – After successful submission of the GATE application form 2021, applicants must keep their GATE 2021 login details safe, secure, and confidential.
GATE Application Fee
After filling the online application form the candidates have to make payment of the GATE application fee. There will be different fees for candidates belonging to India and Foreign countries.
The fee will also differ during the normal application period and during the extended period. Candidates filling the online application form during the extended period will have to pay an extra amount.
- Candidates belonging to India will have to pay Rs. 1500/- (Rs. 750/- for SC /ST / PwD and Female) during the normal period and Rs. 2000/- (Rs. 1250/- for SC /ST / PwD and Female) during the extended period.
- Candidates applying from Dubai and Singapore will have to pay USD $100 in normal and $120 during the extended period.
- Those who will be applying from Addis Ababa, Dhaka, Kathmandu, and Colombo will be paying $50 in a normal period and $70 in the extended period.
|For Examination Centres outside India (All Candidates)||On or Before 21st Sept. 2020||During the Extended Period|
|Dubai and Singapore||US$ 100||US$ 120|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu||US$ 50||US$ 70|
|For Examination Centres in India|
|Female candidates and SC/ST/PwD category candidates||Rs. 750/-||Rs. 1250/-|
|All other candidates||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 2000/-|
Mode Of Payment
Candidates will have to make payments online by using either net banking or debit card or credit card. Along with the GATE application fee, candidates will also have to pay other applicable charges such as online transaction charges, bank charges, etc. Above mentioned GATE application fee is neither transferable nor refundable.
Documents/Details Required For GATE Form 2021
- Candidates’ personal information
- Communication Address (with PIN Code)
- Eligibility degree details like Roll Number / Registration Number, College name, and address with PIN code
- Scanned copy of candidate’s photo & signature (size should be between 5KB to 200 KB for Photo and max size of 150 KB for signature)
- Details of the valid ID
- Scanned copy of category certificate
- Dyslexic certificate (scanned copy)
- Scanned Disability certificate
Note: Candidates should have all the above-mentioned documents in PDF format to upload at the time of filling the application form. The size of scanned copies of the document (except photo and signature) must be in between the size of 10 KB to 300 KB.
Guidelines For Scanning Documents
- It should be of good quality. Dimensions should be 3.5 cm Width × 4.5 cm Height.
- It should be taken after 1st Aug 2020 and in color.
- The format of the scanned file should be JPEG.
- The photo should not be less than 240 x 320 pixels and it should not be larger than 480 x 640 pixels.
- The photo background should either be white or light color.
- Must sign with a black or dark blue ink pen.
- Signature in the JPEG image format shall be accepted.
- The signature should be signed only by the applicant.
- The signature must be made inside of box drawn on white paper which should have a height of 2cm and width of 7 cm (2 x 7 cm) and the signature should at least be 70-80% of the box size.
- The image size of the signature should be between 80 x 280 pixels to 160 x 560 pixels.
GATE 2021 FAQs
Q. What Will Be The Mode For Submission Of GATE 2021 Application?
A. Candidates will have to submit the GATE 2021 application in online mode only at the website @www.gate.iitb.ac.in. Applications submitted in other modes will not be accepted.
Q. What Is The GATE Application Fee For Indian Nationals?
A. GATE application fee- for Indian female candidates are – Rs. 750/- [up to Sept 24, 2020] & Rs. 1250/- [while the extended period]. For complete details on the GATE application fee, please have a look at the table given under the heading ‘GATE Application Fee’.
Q. Is It Necessary To Send Hard Copy Of GATE Application Form To Authorities?
A. No, it is neither recommended nor compulsory to send a hard copy of the GATE application form to authorities.