GATE 2020 Registration : GATE application form 2020 will be released to apply online @ appsgate.iitm.ac.in/. With the release of GATE 2020 notification, GATE registration 2020 will be started at GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). Interested candidates will have to register and fill the application via online mode only on GATE 2020 official website gate.iitm.ac.in/.
From 1st September 2019, GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) will open up for GATE 2020 registration. GATE 2020 registration last date is 23rd September 2019. Between these dates, interested candidates will have to register through GOAPS to apply for GATE 2020 exam.
GATE 2020 exam is scheduled on multiple dates in February. To appear in GATE 2020 exam, candidates should fill and submit an online application on GATE 2020 official website. Filling and submission of online application should be done before the last date.
|Name of the examination||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Popularly known as||GATE exam|
|Organized by||Indian Institute of Technology|
|Conducted jointly by||IISc, Bangalore and the 7 IITs (at Roorkee, Madras, Kharagpur, Kanpur, Guwahati, Delhi and Bombay)|
|Mode of application||Online|
|GATE 2020 registration date||September 01 to 23, 2019|
|Dates for doing correction in GATE 2020 application form||September 27 to Oct 31, 2019|
|Dates for submitting paper change request||Oct 17 to 24, 2019|
|GATE 2019 admit card||January 04, 2020|
|GATE 2020 examination||2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10th February, 2020|
|GATE 2020 results||March 16, 2020|
|GATE 2020 official website||https://appsgate.iitm.ac.in/|
Before doing GATE registration 2020 and filling the application form, the candidates are advised to make sure that they meet the eligibility criteria for GATE 2019, which are mentioned below
GATE 2020 For Indian Candidates
|Qualifying Degree / Examination||Qualifying Degree||Description of Eligible Candidates||Year of Qualification not later than|
|Integrated M.Sc. or 5 years|
integrated B.S.-M.S. program
|Int. M.Sc. / Int. B.S.-M.S.||Currently in the|
final year or already
|Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program|
in Engineering/Technology (5 years program)
|Int. M.E./M.Tech. or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||Currently in the|
th/5th year or
|Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering/Technology (4 years program)||Int. M.E./ M.Tech. (Post-B.Sc.)||Currently in the 2nd/|
rd/4th year or
|Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent||M. Sc./ M.A. / MCA or equivalent||Currently in the|
final year or already
|6 years program, consisting of internship or residency training during sixth year||Pharm. D. (after 10+2)||Currently in the|
th/6th year or
|Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma/4 years after 10+2)||B.Sc. (Research)/ B.S.||Currently in the 4th|
year or already
|Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture (5 years course)||B. Arch.||Currently in the|
final year or already
|Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering /Technology)||B.E./|
|Currently in the|
final year or already
|B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch. equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-|
India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India and so on)
|Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E./B.Tech./B. Arch.)||Completed Section|
A or equivalent of
GATE 2020 For Foreign Candidates
- must have completed or are in the final year of their Post Graduate (Master’s) degree (duration: at least 2 years) in any relevant subjects in science OR
- must have completed or are in the final year of their Bachelor’s degree (duration: at least 4 years) in Engineering/Technology
How To Apply For GATE 2020?
GATE 2020 application form will be available at GATE 2020 official website. Firstly, candidates are required to complete GATE registration 2020. Then they can apply to GATE 2020. Below we have provided the steps to fill and submit GATE 2020 application form
- Open GATE 2020 official website or just click here
- Firstly, read GATE 2020 notification and information brochure to understand eligibility conditions
- Then find and click on link ‘New User? Register Here’
- On clicking the said link, you will see a new GATE registration form for new users
- Now start filling up the all fields
- Enter your first name then middle name, last name, email address, country of residence, mobile number and password
- Verify then submit all the details
- Within few seconds, you will get your enrolment ID for GATE 2020 through a text message and email
- Again, open the website of GOAPS to complete GATE 2020 online application process
- On homepage of GOAPS website, you will see a login section
- Enter your enrolment ID or email address and password
- Then solve the arithmetic expression and write the value in the provided space
- Then click on tab ‘Submit’
- Now you have to select and enter GATE 2020 exam details such as ‘Choice of Examination Country’, ‘Choice of Examination City 1’ etc.
- For examination city and center, you can provide your choices
- Enter your personal details such as full name, date of birth, mobile number etc.
- Enter complete address for communication; don’t forget to write PIN code
- Select gender, nationality and identity details
- Provide qualifying degree details such as ‘Institute Registration no.’, ‘Qualifying Degree’, ‘Discipline of Qualifying Degree’, ‘Year of Qualifying Degree’, ‘Country of College / University’, ‘State / Union Territory’ etc.
- Upload scanned files of the following documents such as photo, signature and eligibility document / certificate
- Read and accept declaration
- Then click on tab ‘Submit and Proceed to Payment’
- Application fee is different for Indian nationals and International candidates
- Pay fee through debit / credit card or net banking
Note – After successful submission of GATE application form 2020, applicants must keep their GATE 2020 login details safe, secure and confidential.
GATE Application Fee
|For Examination Centres outside India (All Candidates)||On or Before 21st Sept. 2018||During the Extended Period|
|Dubai and Singapore||US$ 100||US$ 120|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu||US$ 50||US$ 70|
|For Examination Centres in India|
|Female candidates and SC/ST/PwD category candidates||Rs. 750/-||Rs. 1250/-|
|All other candidates||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 2000/-|
Mode Of Payment
Above mentioned GATE application fee is neither transferable nor refundable. Candidates will have to make payments online by using either net banking or debit card or credit card. Along with GATE application fee, candidates will also have to pay other applicable charges such as online transaction charges, bank charges etc.
Documents/Details Required For GATE Form 2020
- Candidates’ personal information
- Eligibility degree details
- College name and address with PIN code
- GATE paper (subject)
- Choice of GATE examination cities
- Scanned copy of candidate’s photo & signature
- Scanned copy of PwD certificate, category (SC / ST) certificate and of Dyslexic Certificate [if applicable]; all certificates should be in pdf format
- Details of the valid ID
- Net-banking/debit card/credit card details for fee payment
Guidelines For Scanning Documents
Photograph – It should be of good quality. Dimensions should be 3.5 cm Width × 4.5 cm Height. It should be taken after Aug 01, 2019 and in colour. Format of scanned file should be JPEG.
Signature- Must sign with a black or dark blue ink pen. Signature in JPEG image format shall be accepted. Signature should be signed only by the applicant.
GATE 2020 FAQs
1.What Will Be The Mode For Submission Of GATE 2020 Application?
A. Candidates will have to submit GATE 2020 application in online mode only at the website https://appsgate.iitm.ac.in/. Applications submitted in other modes will not be accepted.
2. What Is The GATE Application Fee For Indian Nationals?
A. GATE application fee- for Indian female candidates is – Rs. 750/- [up to Sept 21, 2019] & Rs. 1250/- [while the extended period]. For complete details on GATE application fee, please have a look at table given under heading ‘GATE Application Fee’.
3. Is It Necessary To Send Hard Copy Of GATE Application Form To Authorities?
A. No, it is neither recommended nor compulsory to send hard copy of GATE application form to authorities.