GATE 2019 Registration, Application Form : The official notification of GATE 2019 examination has been released by the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras. GATE 2019 scores are valid for 3 years from the date of result declaration. GATE 2019 complete information is available on www.gate.iitg.ac.in. GATE 2019 will be held for 23 papers or subjects but a candidate can appear in only one paper.
Quick Look About GATE 2019
|Exam conducted by||The Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati|
|Exam name||GATE 2019 examination|
|Exam Type||Entrance exam|
|Opening and closing for online form submission||1st to 21st September, 2018|
|Last date of registration (with late fee)||1st Oct 2018|
|Request for correction in selected city of examination is||Before 16th Nov 2018|
|Mock test release date is||3rd week of November 2018|
|Mode of Exam||Online (computer based test)|
|GATE 2019 admit cards download starts from||4th Jan 2019|
|GATE 2019 exam date||2nd, 3rd, 9th and 10th Feb 2019|
|Exam centers||Different cities in India and 6 cities abroad|
|Answer key will be||After few days of GATE 2019 exam|
|GATE 2019 result will be declared on||16th March 2019|
|Score cards will be available to download from||20th to 31st March 2019|
|Selected students’ counseling will be started from the||1st week of April 2019|
|Official website / Apply online at||http://appsgate.iitg.ac.in/|
About GATE Examination 2019
The GATE (abbreviated as Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is a Computer-based standardized test for admission to post-graduate courses in the stream of technology and engineering. By scoring good marks in GATE exam, an applicant can get admission into Ph.D. / M.Tech courses in IISc, IITs, IISERs and other reputed institutions.
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering was started in 1984 with an aim to test the comprehensive understanding of scholars in different undergraduate subjects of science and engineering. The GATE exam is held together by the IISc (Indian Institute of Science) and seven IITs (Kanpur, Madras, Kharagpur, Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, and Roorkee) on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), Department of Higher Education, and the Government of India. GATE 2019 exam is administered by IIT, Madras.
Along with taking admissions, applicants can also use GATE score for getting a job on the technical posts in government as well as private organizations. GATE 2019 exam’s notification is already released by the concerned body. If you want to appear in GATE 2019 exam then you need to know everything about this exam. GATE 2019 exam complete details are as follows.
GATE Important Dates
- Starting of online application form from 1st Sep 2018
- Last date of online form submission is 21st Sep 2018
- Last date of registration (with late fee) is 1st Oct 2018
- Request for correction in selected city of examination is before 16th Nov 2018
- Mock test release date is 3rd week of November 2018
- GATE 2019 admit cards download starts from 4th Jan 2019
- GATE 2019 exam date : 2nd, 3rd, 9th and 10th Feb 2019
- Answer key will be released after some days of exam
- GATE 2019 result will be declared on 16th March 2019
- Score cards can be downloaded in between 20-31st March 2019
- Selected students’ counseling will be started from the 1st week of April 2019
GATE Exam 2019 Educational Eligibility
Before filling online application form, a candidate should confirm that she/he meets the eligibility criteria of GATE 2019 examination. Education eligibility criteria for GATE 2019 examination is given in below table.
|S. No.||Qualifying degree||Year of qualification not later than||Qualifying examination/degree|
|1||MCA/M.A./M.Sc. or equivalent||2018||A candidate passed in Master’s degree in any stream of Computer Applications/Science/Mathematics/Statistics or equivalent|
|2||B.Arch.||2018||Candidate should passed in 5-years B.Arch. course|
|3||B.Sc. (research)/ B.S.||2018||Candidate passed in Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma/4 years after 10+2)|
|4||B.Pharm./B.Tech./B.E.||2018||Candidate passed in 4-years Bachelor’s degree in technology/Engineering after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in technology/Engineering|
|5||Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E./B.Tech./B. Arch.)||N.A.||B.Arch./ B.E./B.Tech. equivalent examinations of professional Societies, recognized by AICTE/UPSC/MHRD (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India)|
|6||Int. M.E./ M.Tech. or Dual Degree(after Diploma or 10+2)||2019||Candidate passed in 5-years dual degree or integrated Master’s degree course in technology/engineering|
GATE 2019 Registration
Applicants can register themselves for the GATE 2019 exam through online. Before registration, students are advised to read information bulletin carefully. Few important things to consider before online registration are given below.
- Applicants can apply for GATE Exam 2019 through GATE Online Application Processing System (popularly known as GOAPS)
- You must note down that online application process will start from 1st Sep 2018
- Last date to complete all the formalities of online application process is 21st Sep 2018
- Applicants are advised to fill up their personal as well as other information correctly
- While filling online application form, candidates need to upload their recent photograph along with signature in the prescribed format
- Candidates must need to verify their email id and phone number in order to complete the process of their online application
- Applicants need to pay their application fees via online mode
- Candidates can login into their GOAPS account anytime
- You are advised to keep safe your ENROL ID along with password to use in future
GATE 2019 Application Fee
The GATE 2019 application fee is different as per gender and category. Rs. 750 only is the application fee for female as well as candidates belonging to ST/SC/PwD categories. Candidates belonging to all other category need to pay Rs. 1500 only as their application fee. Candidates from other countries can also apply to GATE 2019 and they have to pay US $50 as their application fee. Students can pay their application fee through any of the following mode- debit/credit card, net banking, and e-challan.
Documents Needed For GATE 2019 Registration
Candidates willing to appear in GATE 2019 exam have to register themselves online on GATE official website. Below-mentioned following details/documents are needed at the time of online registration.
- Candidate’s personal details (Name, DOB, personal contact number, parents’ name, parents’ contact number, etc.). While filling personal details, make sure your name is same as in your qualifying degree/certificate or in the documents issued by the Head of the Institute/ Department in which you are pursuing your course. Remember that your GATE 2019 scorecard will be released as per your entered name in the application form. Don’t use Prefix/ title like Mr/Shri/Dr/Mrs/Smt, etc before your name.
- Full Address with PIN code (For communication)
- Qualifying degree/certificate details
- Present College name with address and PIN code
- Subject for GATE paper
- While filling online application, you need to select GATE examination center city properly
- Applicant’s good quality image as per the specified format
- Candidate’s good quality signature as per the requisite format
- Applicant must have scanned copies of the required certificate. Make sure all your certificates should be in PDF format. If you are applicable for reservation, you need to upload scanned copies of SC/ST certificate in PDF format.
- PwD Certificate also needs to be uploaded in PDF format (if applicable)
- Applicant affected with Dyslexic disorder required to upload scanned certificate only in PDF format
- While filling online application, an applicant required to fill up the details of the valid ID ( candidate should carry the mentioned ID in original to the exam centre)
- Debit/ Credit or Net-banking card details for fee payment
- Applicant should have scanned copies of Valid Identity Documents in PDF format: Voter ID/ Aadhaar-UID/ Passport/ PAN card/College ID/ Employee ID/ Driving License
How To Apply – GATE 2019 Online Application
- To apply for GATE 2019 exam, you need to login into website and register as a ‘new user’
- While registering, applicants need to fill up their valid email ID along with mobile number and password of their choice
- During registration, candidates will be asked to upload their documents for example sign, photo, category certificate and degree certificate
- Don’t forget to pay online fee as your online application will be considered incomplete without fee submission
- You can also edit your form before final form submission
- Remember that, no correction is possible in the form once you confirm form submission
- Scanned copies of the following documents in PDF format- educational certificates/mark sheet, SC/ST/PwD category certificate (if applicable)
- Debit/credit card/net banking details to pay fee online
GATE 2018 Examination Cities
GATE 2019 examination is to be conducted in the following cities- Haldwani, Hamirpur (HP), Jalandhar, Varanasi, Lucknow, Bhopal, Gorakhpur, Gwalior, Agra, Aligarh, Jabalpur, NOIDA, Panipat, Gudur, Guntur, Pathankot, Ahmedabad, Ahmednagar, Amravati, Balasore, Berhampur (Odisha), Agartala, Asansol-Durgapur, Burdwan, Patiala, Roorkee, Villupuram, Virudhunagar, Warangal, Cuddalore, Dindigul, Ernakulam, Kharagpur, Kolkata, Raipur, Bengaluru, Bidar, Davanagere, Bhuj, Gandhinagar, Goa, Hisar, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Cuttack, Eluru, Ludhiana, Meerut, Mohali, Moradabad, Hooghly, Jamshedpur, Dindigul, Ernakulam, Erode-Thiruchengode, Idukki etc. International GATE 2018 examination centers are Singapore, Kathmandu (Nepal), Dubai (UAE), Dhaka (Bagladesh), Colombo (Sri Lanka), and Addis Ababa (Ethiopia). To get a complete list of GATE 2018 examination, candidates are advised to visit GATE 2018 Official Website.
GATE 2019 Admit Card
All the GATE 2019 appearing candidates are informed that they can download their GATE 2019 examination admit card only from the GOAPS website from 4th Jan 2019. All the candidates must note down that admit cards/hall tickets will be not sent by mail or post. Moreover, a candidate should carry a valid/original photo-identity card along with the downloaded hall ticket to the examination center for verification.
Read : GATE 2019 Admit Card
GATE 2019 Exam Pattern
Each GATE 2019 examination paper would contain two different types of questions- multiple choice questions and numerical answer type/NAT. There will be negative marking for wrong answers in multiple choice questions but not in NAT questions. All the question papers would contain total 65 questions of 100 Marks. The time duration of all the GATE 2019 papers will be 3 hours. In GATE 2019, all papers contain general aptitude (GA) questions carrying total of 15 marks.
GATE Syllabus 2019
General Aptitude subject is common to all papers. The syllabus for GA is given below –
- Verbal Ability- Critical reasoning, sentence completion, English grammar, word groups, instructions, verbal analogies and verbal deduction.
- Numerical Ability- Numerical reasoning & data, Numerical computation & estimation and numerical interpretation.
The syllabus for GATE 2019 Aerospace engineering paper is given below –
- Calculus- chain rule, partial derivatives, Functions of single variable, Theorems of Stokes, mean value theorem, maxima and minima, gradient, divergence and curl, limits, continuity and differentiability, directional derivatives, Integration, Line, surface and volume integrals, Gauss and Green.
- Linear Algebra- Matrix algebra, systems of linear equations, Vector algebra, rank of a matrix, eigenvalues and eigenvectors etc.
- Differential Equations- higher order linear ODEs with constant coefficients, First order linear and nonlinear differential equations, separation of variables methods and Partial differential equations etc.
To know more syllabus for different GATE 2019 papers, you need to click here.
GATE 2019 Results
All the GATE 2019 appearing candidates must know that their GATE 2019 score will be valid for three years from the date of result declaration and result will be declared on 16th March 2019 on the GATE 2019 official website.
GATE Cut Off 2019
Final cut-off list will be published on GOAPS website after result declaration. Candidates are requested to check official website regularly.