GIC Scale I Officers 2018 Admit Card, Exam Date :
The General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC) is going to recruit young & energetic candidates to fill-in the positions of 25 Scale I officers. On line registration process is already going on. Interested and eligible candidates should attempt online application before the last date i.e. May 29th, 2018. Here in this piece of writing, we are going to explain everything about this ongoing recruitment exercise such as important dates, eligibility criteria, application fee & process, admit card, result, cut-off etc.
The General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC) was the only reinsurance company in India with registered office & headquarters in Mumbai. The company also operates in London, Moscow, Dubai and Kuala Lumpur.
GIC Scale I Officers 2018 Official Notification
GIC scale I officers official notification is already out there. To view or download it now, click here.
GIC Scale I Officers 2018 Overview
|Examination conducted by||General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC)|
|Examination name||GIC Scale I officers 2018|
|Examination type||Recruitment test for the post of Scale I officers in GIC|
|On line registration commences from||May 8th, 2018|
|Last date for online registration||May 29th, 2018|
|Payment of application fees||From May 8th to 29th, 2018|
|Admit card download||Around 10 days prior to the date of examination|
|Online test||June/July 2018|
|Result of online test will be declared in||Will be notified soon|
|Group Discussion and interview||Will be notified soon|
|Final result declaration||Will be notified soon|
|Apply online at||GIC’s website (https://www.gicofindia.com)|
GIC Scale I Officers 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Age limit and Relaxation
To apply for GIC Scale I officers 2018, a candidate should be at least 21 years old but not more than 30 years. Relaxation in upper age limit will be applicable for candidates belong to special categories such as SC/ST (5 Years), OBC (3 Years) & PwD (10 years). Existing employees of public sector insurance companies will also get relaxation in age for 8 years.
Candidates looking for age relaxation should have to submit supportive documents for verification otherwise they will not get any age relaxation and their application will be considered under general category.
- Minimum Educational Qualifications
Minimum educational qualification is different for each post. To know post-wise educational qualifications, look at below given table
|Stream||Minimum qualification||Desirable qualification||Number of Posts|
|General||Graduate with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST)||-||24|
|Hindi||PG in English with Hindi as one of the subjects at graduation level or PG in Hindi with English as one of the subjects at graduation level with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST)||work experience in translation or certification in translation work||1|
GIC Scale I Officers 2018 Application Fee (non-refundable) and Mode Of Payment
OBC and general candidates have to pay a fee of Rs 500/- (plus GST @ 18%) as processing as well as examination fee. However, candidates belonging to SC/ST, PwD categories and the permanent staff of GIPSA and GIC member companies are exempted from the fee.
General and OBC candidates are required to pay their processing & application fee online by using a debit/credit card or net banking. Fee submitted through Postal Order/Money Order/Demand Draft or any mode will not be accepted by examination conducting authority.
GIC Scale I Officers 2018 Application Form and Process
This recruitment exam’s application form will be available on company’s website. Interested candidates should have to fill and submit online application available on https://www.gicofindia.com/en/. Before attempting online application, a candidate should keep a valid email ID, working mobile number, debit/credit card details to pay non-refundable application fee, scanned copies of latest passport size photo and signature.
How To Apply For GIC Scale I Officers 2018?
- Open GIC’s website in your browser
- Open ‘Careers’ tab available at the top of GIC website’s homepage
- Before moving towards online application, firstly read detailed advertisement by clicking ‘Recruitment of Scale I Officers – Detailed Advertisement’ link
- Now, find and ‘Click here for Online Registration for Recruitment of Scale I Officers’ link. This link will be available on the same page under ‘Careers’ main heading
- You will be redirected to a new page where you have to hit ‘Click here for New Registration’ link
- Fill the details in their respective columns- name, email ID & mobile number
- Click ‘Submit’ tab
- You will get an auto-generated ‘Provisional registration number’ and ‘Password’ on your computer’s screen
- At the same time, you will also receive the same ‘Provisional registration number’ and ‘Password’ through SMS/email
- With this ‘Provisional registration number’ and ‘Password’, you have to login into your account to continue your online application
- You are requested to note it down your ‘Provisional registration number’ and ‘Password’ carefully as you will need it in future
- Once you logged into your account, you need to fill rest of the details
- Before submitting application, check and verify details by clicking ‘Validate your Details’ button
- At this step, you can make changes if you want
- Now, hit ‘Final Submit’ link
- Pay your application fee by clicking ‘Payment’ tab
- After paying application fee, you have to click ‘Submit’ tab
- Don’t forget to take a print out of your application form and e-receipt
- Keep both printed copies carefully to use in future
How I Upload Photo & Signature?
- There will be two separate links for uploading PP size image & sign
- Click on the respective link “Upload Photograph / Signature”
- Browse & choose the location where the scanned copies of image & sign have been saved.
- Choose the file which you want to upload by clicking on it.
- Hit ‘Upload’ tab
GIC Scale I Officers 2018 Exam Pattern
- For General stream candidates – There will be an online test having three parts- Part A, Part B & Part C. Part A will consists of 40 objective type questions each of 1 mark to assess candidates’ higher order reasoning ability/critical thinking. Part B will consist of 80 objective type questions each of 1 mark from the following topics- Reasoning ability, English language, General awareness, Numerical ability & computer awareness. Last part of the question paper i.e. Part C will be a descriptive test in English language (essay, precise and comprehension) having total 3 descriptive questions of total 30 marks. In entire question paper, there will be total 123 number of questions of maximum 150 marks.
- For Hindi Officer – There will be an online test having three parts- Part A, Part B & Part C. Part A will consists of 40 objective type questions each of 1 mark to assess candidates’ technical & professional knowledge in the related domain. Part B will consist of 80 objective type questions each of 1 mark from the following topics- Reasoning ability, English language, General awareness, Numerical ability & computer awareness. Last part of the question paper i.e. Part C will be a descriptive test in English language (essay, precise and comprehension) having total 3 descriptive questions of total 30 marks. Overall, there will be 123 questions of maximum 150 marks.
Note- There will be the provision of negative marking in objective tests. For each wrong answer ¼ of the marks allotted to the question will be deducted from candidate’s final scores. Candidates appearing in online examination should have a valid admit card, original & Xerox of photo-identity proof.
- Group Discussion and interview – the company will shortlist few candidates for GD & interview round. This short-listing of candidates will be done on the basis of overall marks scored in objective & descriptive part. Interview & GD will be held at few selected centres. Candidates called for GD & interview will have to carry valid interview admit card, copy of online application, academic certificates (up to graduation level), caste and disability certificate (if applicable), experience letters (if available) original & Xerox of photo-identity proof.
GIC Scale I Officers 2018 Syllabus
Complete syllabus for each domain is given on GIC’s website. Here we are providing syllabus for common sections. This below-given syllabus will be common (Part B & C) for all the candidates
- Quantitative Aptitude – This section will contain MCQs from the following topics- area, profit & loss, investment problem, LCM/HCF, age problems, pie chart having percentage calculations, percentages, average, simplification, pictorial graph, time & work etc.
- Reasoning – This part will contain MCQs from several topics such as assumptions & arguments, syllogism, odd man out, blood relations, statement & conclusions, problem solving analysis, inequalities, symbol series, coding & decoding, input/output, decision making, sitting arrangement, statement conclusion, arithmetical number series, verbal & figure classification, arithmetic reasoning etc.
- English Language – This part of the question paper will contain MCQs on the following topics- paragraph completion, error reorganization, sentence correction/connector, cloze test, reading comprehension, idiom-phrase, odd one out, paragraph jumbles, double filters, verb, preposition, adverb etc.
- General Awareness – This section will have MCQs on the following topics- important science inventions & discoveries, books & their authors, ministers & constituencies, awards & honors, budget & plans, heads of organization, economic updates, Important dates & years, important abbreviations, Indian economy, culture, finance, awards & honors, national & international latest news etc.
- Computer Awareness – This section will have MCQs on the following topics- operating system & its types, common computer abbreviations, computer basics, software, hardware, networking, MS Office & excel, basic of internet use, email, shortcut keys etc.
GIC Scale I Officers 2018 Admit Cards
The General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC) will publish separate admit card for each stage on its website. To download call letter, a candidate have to go to the GIC’s website. Admit card will be available to download before few days from the date of examination. Once GIC upload call letters on its website, the company will sent intimation link for downloading admit card to each candidate through email or SMS.
How I Download My GIC Scale I Officers 2018 Admit Card?
- Open intimation link which you will receive from GIC through a mail or SMS
- Enter the required data in their respective fields
- Hit ‘Submit’ button
- Now, you can download or take a print of your GIC Scale I officers 2018 admit card
All the candidates can also download their admit cards by using below-given alternate method-
- Open GIC’s website
- Go to the ‘Careers’ section
- Find and hit ‘Click here to down load call letter for online examination for Recruitment of Scale I Officers’ link
- Enter the required fields such as ‘registration number’ & ‘Password/Date of Birth’
- Hit ‘Submit’ tab
- Your admit card will be on your screen
- Take a print out
GIC Scale I Officers 2018 Result
The General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC) will announce result after few weeks from the date of examination. Results will be published only on GIC’s website. Therefore, candidates are required to check official website from time to time after appearing in examination. Once and for all, we only want to say that if you guys out there still have any question/query regarding this or any other examination then feel free to contact us. We will be pleased to serve your query.
Thanks for giving us your valuable time and Best of Luck.