GMAT 2020 Online Registration : The Graduate Management Admission Council shortly called GMAC manages the Graduate Management Admission Test or GMAT. The test is organized all through the year for admission to the MBA course across the world, GMAT is an international level test.
- Admission to foreign B-Schools is possible through the GMAT score. Even, some B-Schools in India take this score for admission of suitable students for the Management Programme.
- Candidates interested in a management course, be it within India or abroad can take up this test. Candidates can apply for this test 5 times in a year, which will happen in 2020 as well.
- GMAT is conducted in 33 centers across India. So, candidates can apply and appear in the convenient exam center with confidence.
GMAT 2020 Important Dates
As candidates can apply for GMAT 5 times a year, there is no specific date to state as an important date. They can just visit the official website of GMAC at www.gmac.com/ and they will find a link at the right top corner of the website that says “Register for the GMAT Exam”. They can register at any time.
GMAT 2020 Notification
Once the GMAT test date is announced, the registration process will begin. Candidates can register at the GMAC website to know the exact dates of GMAT 2020. Even, they can keep checking this page for updates. They will get to know once the official notification is out.
GMAT 2020 Eligibility
As the eligibility requirement to sit for GMAT 2020 is yet to be fixed, candidates can check the fundamental eligibility criteria to be met to take up the test.
GMAT Age limit
Candidates can apply for GMAT 2020 only if they are more than 18 years old. There is no upper age limit to apply for GMAT 2020.
Candidates must have completed their graduation from a recognized university or institution to take up GMAT 2020. In addition, candidates will also have to fulfill the eligibility requirement stated by the university to which they apply for the management programme.
How To Register For GMAT 2020?
Here are the steps involved in registering for GMAT 2020:
- Candidates will have to first create an account with the official website of GMAT. After this, they will have to follow the following steps:
- They will have to access free GMAT official Starter Kit along with Practice Exams 1 and 2.
- Then, they will have to manage their GMAT Appointments and scores. To manage the appointment, they will have to wait for at least 48 hours after registration.
- They can search for schools, compare, and can save them to their account for easy access at a later stage.
- They can also search for school events and can save the same in their calendar.
- Even, they can save articles and expert advice on a wide range of topics pertaining to finding the right B-school, preparation for GMAT Exam, and assembling the best application.
- The next step is to use the timeline given for score reporting and registration in the GMAT Handbook. When they do this, they will know the last date for submission of an application to the schools that they have selected. Then, they will have to create a preparation plan for the exam for determining their best test date.
- The final step is registering for the GMAT Exam.
GMAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The examination is conducted online and candidates will be provided with the option to appear for the examination for not more than 5 times in a year. GMAC has a restriction on the number of total attempts and it is 8 times in total.
- The GMAT exam will have 4 sections – Analytical Writing Assessment, Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, and Verbal Reasoning.
- Analytical Writing Assessment will have 1 question of Analysis of an Argument for 30 minutes.
- Integrated Reasoning has 12 questions on Multi-source reasoning, Table Analysis, Graphics Interpretation, Two-Part Analysis for 30 minutes.
- Quantitative Reasoning has 31 questions include Data Sufficiency, Problem Solving for 62 minutes.
- Verbal Reasoning has 36 questions that include Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, Sentence Correction for 65 minutes.
- The GMAT duration will be 3 hours and 7 minutes.
- The examination is conducted for 800 marks in total.
Here is the table that shows the format of the GMAT 2020:
|Section||Number of Questions||Time (in Minutes)||Question Types||Score Range|
|Analytical Writing Assessment||1||30||Analysis of an Argument||0-6 in 0.5 point increments|
|Integrated Reasoning||12||30||Multi-source reasoning|
|1-8 in 1-Point Increments|
|Quantitative Reasoning||31||62||Data Sufficiency|
|6-51 in 1-Point increments|
|Verbal Reasoning||36||65||Reading Comprehension|
|6-51 in 1-Point increments|
GMAT 2020 Selection Process
- After the test is conducted and once the results are out, the selection process is a three-step process. However, the procedure will differ from one institute to another.
- Once the GMAT is over, the score of the applicant will be displayed on the screen. Once the student accepts the score, it will be sent to the B-Schools that match as per the MBA course criteria.
- If a candidate wants the score to reach more institutions, he/she can apply for the same at the GMAC website.
- The second step is that the B-Schools will shortlist the candidate based on his/her score. The final selection will happen on the basis of different procedures like application form, statement of purpose, letters of recommendation, and final interview.
- The third and final step in the selection process will happen based on the following factors:
- Profile: The more vibrant the profile of an applicant, the more chances that he/she will be selected. For example, in addition to educational background, the quality of work experience, extra-curricular activities, social responsibility activities will be given preference.
- Statement of purpose: There should be a clear vision of why a candidate wishes to apply for a specific MBA course from a specific B-School.
- Letters of recommendation – It means what others think about a candidate.
The syllabus for the GMAT test encompasses four sections. The sections are as mentioned under the category called exam pattern. The purpose of all these sections is to check the knowledge and skills of test-takers in the related area. Candidates can gather more details about the syllabus from the official website of GMAT.
Analytical Writing Assessment
- Analysis of an Argument
- Issue essay
- Multi-source reasoning
- Table Analysis
- Graphics Interpretation
- Two-Part Analysis
- Elementary Algebra
- Exponents and roots
- Linear equations etc.
- Permutation and combinations
- Properties of Integers
- Ratio Proportions
- Countable Vs Uncountable
- Critical reasoning
- Misplace modifiers
- Reading unseen passages
- The rhetorical construction of the sentences
- Sentence correction related to finding error or omission
- Subject-verb agreement
GMAT 2020 Admit Card
The convening authority will not send GMAT admit card either online or through the post. However, candidates will have to download the confirmation letter from the official website. They will find details about the date of examination and center in this confirmation letter. They can get the confirmation letter by following the process given below:
- First, they will have to log in at the website of GMAT
- Then, they will have to click on the appropriate link that shows confirmation letter
- When they click on this link, they will be prompted to provide their registration number
- Once they submit these details, they will find the confirmation letter
- They should make sure that their name is printed with the correct spelling and initials in the confirmation letter
- They should make sure that the naming format matches perfectly with the identification card
- Also, applicants should make sure whether the test date and the center name are correct
- They will have to download the letter and should take a print out of the same.
GMAT 2020 Result & Scorecard
Candidates can check the GMAT result from the official website three weeks after the date of examination. The result can be checked only online and not in any other mode.
However, candidates will get an email to the registered email ID information about the availability of the scorecard. In addition to availability details, candidates will also get to know the instruction on how to download the scorecard.
The scorecard will have the score secured by the candidate in Analytical Writing Assessment. Further, it will have personal details about the applicant.
Candidates are recommended to preview the score before they send it to the designated institution or B-School. Here, candidates have two options. They can accept the score and can send it to schools. Otherwise, they can cancel the score and can retake the examination at a later date.