Google Jobs 2021 [Qualifications, Job Openings For Freshers & Off Campus Drive] : “Google” – The very term is the part and parcel of most of our lives these days. Even, many of us cannot imagine a world without Google. When the company’s search engine has crept into the minds of most of the individuals these days, how about getting a placement in Google? It is really a dream come true for most job seekers.
One of the top market players in different fields, Google hires number of candidates on various posts in Google located across the world. Not just experienced professionals, fresher’s have an equal opportunity.
Details Of Google Recruitment 2021
|Name of the Company|
|Experience Requirement||Fresher’s and Experienced|
|Educational Qualification||Any Graduate/Post Graduate|
|Location of Job||Across the world|
|Job Description||Various positions|
|Pay||Best in the market based on the skill set of the applicant|
The mission of Google is to organize the information available across the world and make it accessible globally and make it useful for everyone. With this intention, the company regularly hires the best talents from across the world to work for the different locations in which the company has its branches.
This multi-national company hires professional for almost every department. For instance, be it product marketing management, engineering & technology, sales, support and service, marketing & communication, design, legal, finance or facilities, the world leader in every discipline wants to hire the best talents. The company’s philosophy is to create access to information and build products that improve the lives of people. They wish to do this together with the best employees. So, the company always wants to hire the best talents.
List Of Google Jobs
At present, Google has different job openings for fresher’s and experienced professionals across the world and the list of openings presently available at Google is given below:
- Software Engineer
- Industrial Designer, Consumer Hardware
- Sales Engineer, Google Cloud
- Data Scientist, Engineering
- Staff Software Engineer
- Product Manager
- Technical Program Manager, Cloud
- Software Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer
- Lead New Product Operations Program Manager, Consumer Hardware
- Technical Solutions Engineer, Silicon Software Power and Performance
- Visual Designer
- UX Engineer, Front End
- UX Engineer, Design, iOS
- Android UX Engineer, Design
- Quantitative User Experience Researcher
- Account Executive Digital Ad Sales
- Interaction Designer, Enterprise Design, Stadia
- Google Pay Consumer App Lead
- Interaction Designer
- UX Researcher, Google Shopping
- Administrative Business Partner, Hardware Engineering
- ASIC/SoC RTL Engineer
- Legal Specialist
- Technical Lead, Mobile Apps, Google Home and Nest
- SoC Front End CAD Engineer
- Software Engineer, Google Home and Nest
- SoC RTL Manager
- Site Program Manager
- UX Researcher, Search Ads (English)
- UX Engineer, Front End, Android
- Technical Program Manager, Machine Intelligence
- Software Engineer, Front End
- Software Engineer, Android
- Go-to-Market Lead, Google Assistant
- Engineering Manager
- Business Analyst, Google Pay
- Hardware Validation Lead
- ASIC/SoC Design Verification Engineer
- Technical Program Manager, Devices and Services
- ASIC/SoC Physical Design Infrastructure Engineer
The list above just gives an overview of the different positions available at Google in different locations. The company hires candidates for different positions, visiting careers page of the Google Website will help candidates to know the current openings.
Google Recruitment Process
Google hiring process will include 3 steps
Google selection process consist of
- Aptitude written test
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
- If you are a fresher, just visit the career page of Google at https://careers.google.com
- If you are presently a student, you can click on the link that shows “Students” Among the other links like teams, locations, how we hire and jobs.
- As the first step, you can “learn how to create a great resume and apply” from the resulting page in Google.
- To be ready to apply either for a full-time job or for an internship as a fresher, you will need the following:
- An updated resume
- A transcript from your university and even it can be an unofficial transcript
- Based on the position to which you plan to apply, you will need a short essay, a cover letter or addition information that you will find in the job description.
- The first step to apply is that you should focus on your resume. Google has given some tips on how to highlight your achievements in the resume. Follow those tips and prepare your resume that stands out.
- Then, prepare for the interview process. Google’s staffing team will conduct a series of interviews over the phone, video conferencing or even in person to assess your skills.
- In case, you are applying for technical positions, you will have to practice coding on Whiteboard, in Google Docs or over the phone suggests Google.
- As you have recently graduated, you will not have work experience. So, you should highlight the course work or school-related projects in which you have worked. It would be wise if the work demonstrates appropriate skill and knowledge suitable for the position to which you apply.
- When applying, you will have to find the jobs that match your skills and interest from the Careers website of Google. You can select the suitable positions to apply from the qualifications listed in the job description.
- Once they receive the application, the recruitment team at Google will review your application with the points given in the job description in mind.
- The applications received are scrutinized by experts in resume interpretation and familiar with the different job openings in Google in addition to the technical head of the post for which you have applied. So, the recruiters in Google are able to rightly map the candidates to suitable job openings.
- In case, the recruitment team finds that there are presently no matching jobs available based on your resume, they will make a note to follow up with you for suitable job opportunities arising in the organization in future.
- In case, the recruiters find a potential match, they will schedule a call to learn about your skill set to assess your suitability for the job opening.
- During this process, you can ask your questions if any, about the role and the company will be ready to answer your questions as they consider it to be an opportunity to learn more about you.
Google aims at improving job searches for veterans with the help of the Cloud Talent Solution of Google. As an experienced professional, you have the option to filter the job openings in Google based on your location, your qualification & skill, your degree and even on the basis of the type of job you look for like full-time, part-time, temporary and intern.
- As you are experienced, you have the option to choose jobs based on your skill set and experience. You can choose a job position based on the problems that you wish to address.
- You can enter the type of job you are looking for like software engineer, solutions consultant, etc. Candidate have the option to choose the location of their choice. You can highlight the specific skills and qualifications that you wish to use in the job. Even, you can choose the type of qualification you have like associate, UG, PG, Ph.D, etc. Finally, you can choose the type of job you look for in Google like full-time, part-time, etc.
- It is not that you will have to provide all the details mentioned in the point above to find a suitable job. You can also give one or two details. For instance, if you are particular about a specific location of the job, you can choose the location from the drop-down menu and can submit your application.
- The recruitment team will evaluate your resume along with the skill set that you have highlighted for the specific position to which you apply. In general, the resume evaluation will be done by the recruitment team keeping in mind, the job description given on the page that contains a list of job openings based on your search results.
- Google suggests that you should carefully prepare your resume as it is the first piece of information that the recruitments will see about you and so you are recommended to highlight your achievements. Here are some tips given by Google in this respect:
- Arrange your experience and skills based on the job description.
- You should be specific about the projects you have worked on or managed.
- If you have previously taken up leadership roles, highlight those roles like the size of the team you managed and the scope of your work in the team.
- In case, you have any additional information to be shared with recruiters like a portfolio, you can share details about the same when the interviewer talks to you during the phone interview or during the chat conversation.
- Keep your resume as short as possible. However, do highlight the skills and experiences relevant to the position to which you apply.
- The recruitment process mainly constitutes interview sessions. Google generally conducts two types of interviews in the hiring process. In between every round of interview, the company will gather feedback from the interviewers and will identify the next steps with respect to your hiring.
Google Phone/Hangout Interviews
Once the recruitment team is satisfied with your resume and job application, the first step in the hiring process will be a phone interview or Google Hangout interview. During this interview session, you will talk to your potential manager or peer.
If you have applied for a software engineer role, your phone/Hangout interview will last for about 30 to 60 minutes. When you are asked to answer coding questions, you will write the code in Google Docs and will have to share it with your interviewer while talking through your thought process. Google recommends prospective employees to use speaker phone or hands-free headset, such that you can type the coding with ease.
The phone or hangout interview will cover algorithms and data structures. If you feel confident that you are strong in a specific language, you can write around 20-30 lines of codes. Google recommends approaching all scripting as coding exercises. So, you are expected to make the codes robust, rich and clean. You will be asked an open-ended question and you will be asked to explain it in an algorithm. You should convert it into a workable code and should optimize it and should find bugs, if any.
For all other roles, other than software engineer roles, the interview over the phone or hangout will last for around 30 to 45 minutes. You should be prepared for case-based questions, hypothetical and behavioural questions that will be asked to identify your role-related knowledge.
Google On-Site Interview
The onsite interview will generally be conducted by a team of four Googlers. This team might include your potential teammates and even some of them might be cross-functional Googlers. The onsite interview will generally last for about 30-45 minutes each. You will get the chance to highlight your strengths in four different domains, they are generally cognitive ability, leadership skills, role-related knowledge and Googleyness.
You might be wondering what is Googleyness – It is to know your suitability to work with Google, where you will be expected to share how you will work individually and also on a team and how you help others. You will be evaluated on how you navigate ambiguity and how you will push yourself beyond your comfort zone.
In the case of candidates applying for a software engineer position, the team of interviewers will be interested in understanding the technical areas of expertise and coding skills. The interviewer will put forth back and forth questions to know how much you can push your thought process. So, you should be prepared to talk through your solutions in depth.
There will be a technical on-site interview as well for candidates applying for the software engineer position. During this interview session, you will get a chrome book that will have an interview app with different programming languages of your choice and you can choose the one that you feel comfortable to work with to arrive at the code that the interviewers ask you to prepare. All through the interview, you are free to ask questions to make sure that you rightly understand the questions before you proceed with answering.
Careers In Google
A career in Google is something most candidates dream about. This is because of the status associated with being employed with the highest paying employer and, of course, the highest pay they can get along with working atmosphere, opportunities and other facilities. For candidates interested in a career with this organization, they can look for the openings available for different positions from the careers page of the Google website at careers.google.com/.
Before they start applying for any position of their interest, candidates should make sure that they have the following things ready:
- Their latest resume in PDF Format
- Their college transcript, which is not essential to be the official version
- Based on the position to which they apply, candidates might need a short essay and a cover letter
- Even, for some positions candidates might be requested to provide additional information about themselves. To know whether any additional information has to be provided, candidates can check the job listing page of Google.
Google Jobs : How To Apply?
Before applying, candidates are recommended to remember that Google accepts only online applications. So, candidates cannot apply through any other mode. Here is the process to follow to apply for any position:
- Visit Googles career page and under ‘What do you want to do?’, click on ‘learn more’ or ‘see jobs’ under relevant field
- You can filter jobs based on Location, Skills and Qualification, Degree, job types, Organizations (Google, Youtube, Google Fiber and other alphabet organizations)
- Click on relevant post and check description such as minimum qualification, preferential qualification, job role, responsibilities. first candidates should find suitable job positions by reading the job descriptions.
- Close to the description for each position, candidates will find “Apply” Option. Once they click on the apply option, they will be taken to a page that asks them to fill up certain fields in the application form. In case, they logged in to this website through their Google+ login credentials, they will find that some fields might already be filled out automatically. After ensuring the correctness of these details, they will have to upload and attach their latest resume as a PDF file.
- If the position for which a candidate applies needs a cover letter, he/she will have to paste the text in the appropriate response field.
- Then, they will have to upload and attach their transcript and it can be in any format.
- In the case of candidates applying from the United States, they will have to fill out additional information like their ethnicity, race and gender that will help Google to comply with the Federal Labour Guidelines of the United States.
- Finally, they will have to submit the application.
What To Expect After Submission Of The Application?
Once a candidate submits the application for any position, the transcript and the resume will be reviewed by the staffing team at Google. In case, the team finds that the applicant is fit for a position, someone from Google will reach out to the candidate.
In case, a candidate moves forward in the hiring process, he/she will take part in a series of interviews to judge the skills. Some interviews might be over the Phone or Google Hangouts, while some might be on-site. In the case of candidates applying for technical positions, their technical knowledge will be evaluated for the final selection.
Google Salary is one of the best in the market and post wise average salary details are tabulated below. Location wise and country wise salary will vary.
|Post Name||Avg. Salary [INR/Month]|
|AdWords Account Strategist||48750||101080|
|Associate Account Strategist||34500||415750|
|Product Quality Analyst||42160||67910|
|Associate Account Strategist||27000||65000|
|H R Manager||26000||111000|
|AdWords Account Associate||59660||61660|
|Senior Software Engineer||32000||156000|
|Software Engineer - Contractor||73910||207000|
|Search Quality Evaluator||54410||62000|
|Online Operations Associate||21660||90830|
|Software Engineer In Testing||118000||152830|
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043
No. 3, RMZ Infinity - Tower E
Old Madras Road
4th and 5th Floors
Bangalore, 560 016, India
Survey No. 13, Divya Sree Omega
Hyderabad, Telangana 500084
Sector 15, Part II Village Silokhera
3 North Avenue Maker Maxity, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai, Maharashtra-400051, India
|Google Careers Page||Click Here|
|How we hire ||Click Here|
|Search Google Jobs ||Click Here|
|Location wise Google Job links|
|To apply for Google Jobs in Bangalore||Click Here|
|To apply for Google Jobs in Hyderabad||Click Here|
|To apply for Google Jobs in Mumbai||Click Here|
|To apply for Google Jobs in Gurgaon||Click Here|