GUJCET Syllabus 2021 : GUJCET Syllabus and exam pattern has been detailed here for the aspirants of the Gujarat Common Entrance Test. Candidates should be aware of the fact that the GUJCET exam is conducted as a multiple choice test and it will have questions from physics, chemistry, mathematics/biology based on the branch of engineering they plan to apply. Further, the syllabus for GUJCET will be based on the Class XII syllabus for science stream in the state of Gujarat.
With the release of notification for GUJCET 2021, the examination process gets begin. However, the Gujarat Secondary & Higher Education Board has announced that the test will be conducted on the 30th of March 2021. Candidates can prepare with their higher secondary books as the major source of preparation for GUJCET. Also, testing themselves with the previous year question papers will help.
GUJCET Exam Pattern 2021
- GUJCET is conducted as the state-level entrance examination for admission of students to the B.E and B. Tech courses in more than 100 colleges participating in the test from the state of Gujarat.
- The brief structure for GUJCET 2021 is that the paper will have questions from physics, chemistry and mathematics.
- However, candidates planning to appear for B. Tech/B. E in biotechnology and related branches will have to take up Biology paper instead of mathematics in GUJCET.
- The test is an MCQ test with each question carrying one mark and a negative marking of 0.25 for every wrong answer.
The question paper for GUJCET 2021 will have questions in English, Hindi and Gujarati. Candidates will have to take up the test in offline mode and they will have to mark the answers in OMR sheet. Here is a table to show the structure of the test:
For B.Tech/ B.E
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks||Time (In Min)|
For Biology courses
|Subjects||No. of questions||Marks||Allocated Time in Minutes|
GUJCET 2021 Syllabus
As mentioned earlier, the syllabus for GUJCET 2021 is based on the class XII syllabus in the state. Accordingly, the chapters in mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology are listed below
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Magnetic effects of magnetism and current
- Electromagnetic induction and alternative currents
- Electro statistics
- Current Electricity
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Organic Compounds containing nitrogen
- Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- F Block Elements
- Complex Salts or Co-ordination Compound
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- Phenols and Ethers
- P-Block Elements – II
- Halo Alkanes and Halo Arenes
- Solid State
- General Processes and Principles of Isolation of Elements and Solutions
- Sets, Functions & Relations
- Theory of vectors, three-dimensional geometry and equations
- Permutation & Combination
- Matrices Determinants
- Definite Integration
- Indefinite Integration
- Complex Numbers
- Biotechnology and its application
- Ecology and its environment
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biology and human welfare
- Human Physiology
- Cell Structure and Function
- Plant Physiology
- Diversity in Living World
- Structural Organization and Animals and Plants
In addition, candidates taking up GUJCET for courses like Biotechnology will have questions from the following Biotechnology chapters:
- Protein and gene manipulation
- Cell Structure and Genetic Manipulation
- Cell and Development
- Genetics & molecular biology
- Introduction to Biotechnology
GUJCET Exam Date 2021
The notification for GUJCET 2021 has not yet been released. However, the exam date is announced as 30th of March 2021. This announcement was made by the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board.
Based on the merit secured by candidates in GUJCET, they will be called for the counselling process. Candidates will be called for counselling based on the merit list that will be prepared by the convening authority for different categories and different branches of engineering. If candidates secure better score, they will have better chances to be called for counselling. The verification of original certificates will happen during counselling and candidates will be allotted seats. When allotting seats, the preference for courses and colleges made by applicants will also be considered.
Reservation Of Seats
There is a reservation for GUJCET 2021 admissions and accordingly 7% of seats are reserved for SC candidates, 15% for ST candidates, 27% is reserved for educationally and socially backward classes, 10% is for unreserved economically weaker sections, 3% is for physically disabled category and 1% is for children of defence personnel and Ex-Servicemen. The test is expected to be conducted in different centres in the state spread over 34 districts in the state.
Important Dates After Application Submission
|GUJCET Description||Tentative Dates|
|Issue of Admit Cards||Third week of March 2021|
|Date of GUJCET||30th March 2021 (Actual Date)|
|The Release of the Official answer key||Around the 1st week of April 2021|
|Declaration of Results||Third or fourth week of April 2021|
|Registration For Counselling||End of April to end of May 2021|
|Release of Merit List||Third week of June 2021|
|List of first allotment||First week of July 2021|
|List of second allotment||Third week of July 2021|
|Starting of Academic Session ||Third week of July 2021|
|Third round of counselling if seats remain vacant after commencement of classes||Fourth week of July to first week of August 2021|
Q. Will The GUJCET 2021 Conducted In A Single Day?
A. Yes, the test for all subjects in GUJCET 2021 will be conducted in a single day in different centres in the state of Gujarat as a pen and paper-based test.
Q. Where Can I Get Detailed Syllabus To Prepare For GUJCET?
A. You can get detailed syllabus along with the notification on the official website of GSEB at gseb.org/. The notification for the year 2021 has not yet been released. You will get to know the detailed syllabus with the notification on the official website.