HCS 2018 – Haryana Civil Services Apply Online 2018 :
The Public Service Commission (PSC), Haryana or HPSC is going to conduct civil services examination for the year 2018 and the official notification of Haryana Civil Services 2018 will be released soon. Haryana civil services examination will be a combined exam for the recruitment of eligible candidates on several civil service posts available within the state. This year’s civil services exam will be conducted in all major cities of Haryana. In this article you can get details like no. of Vacancies, examination date, eligibility criteria, application process, examination pattern & syllabus, results and cutoff etc.
Haryana Civil Services 2018 – Official Notification
Haryana Civil Services Examination 2018 Official notification is yet to be released by the Public Service Commission (PSC), Haryana. According to latest media reports, notification will be released very shortly. We will post a link to read and download official notification once released by the commission.
The HPSC is a state level recruitment organization in the state of Haryana. It is administered and controlled by the Government of Haryana. It is responsible for conducting several recruitment examinations to fill the vacant positions in government offices. To know more about HPSC, go to its official website or click here.
Haryana Civil Services Examination 2018 Quick Look
|Exam conducted by||The Public Service Commission (PSC), Haryana|
|Exam name||Haryana Civil Services Examination 2018|
|Date of Notification||Yet to be released|
|Essential Qualification||candidates must have passed in any Bachelor course|
|Examination mode||Online (CBT or computer based test)|
|Online application (start and end)||Yet to be released|
|Last Date for deposit of fee||Yet to be released|
|Date of Preliminary Exam||Yet to be released|
|Last date of submission of application for Main Exams||Yet to be released|
|Date of Main Exam||Yet to be released|
|Personality Test||Yet to be released|
|Results announced on||Yet to be released|
|Apply online on @||HPSC’s official website|
Haryana Civil Services Examination 2018 : Number of Vacancies
Here we are providing a tentative number of post-wise vacancies. Please look at below given table.
|S No||Name of the Post||Number of Vacancies|
|1||Haryana Civil Service (Executive Branch)||30|
|2||Distt. Food Supplies Controller||02|
|3||Excise and Taxation Officer||01|
|4||Asst Registrar Cooperative Societies||01|
|5||Asst Excise and Taxation Officer||01|
|7||Block Development and Panchayat Officer||12|
|8||Distt Food and Supplies Officer||03|
|9||Asst Employment Officer||02|
Haryana Civil Services 2018 – Eligibility Criteria
Essential Educational Qualifications
A bachelor’s in any stream from a recognized University as on the last date of the application.
Age Limit for all posts except DSP
Candidate should not be less than 21 years and more than 40 years as on 1st January of the year of the examination. However relaxation in maximum age limit of 5 years will be given to the candidates belong to the following categories:
- SC/ST of Haryana state only
- An employee of Haryana Govt, Punjab and Haryana High Court or any subordinate court in the state of Haryana along with 4 years of service. An employee of Board/banks/Universities/corporations is not eligible for this relaxation.
- Single female candidate from Haryana.
- Widowed women, women whose husbands are ordered by the court to pay maintenance, women whose husbands have remarried, women living away from their husbands for more than 2 years on account of desertion.
Further relaxation in maximum age limit will be applicable in the following below given cases:
- An ex military person who has joined military before or after the declaration of an emergency to the extent of his service plus another 3 years provided he has served for minimum 6 months before his release.
- A military person who is disabled is entitled to exclude his age from the time he was disabled during his service to the time of application or the end of emergency.
- Person recruited as a full time cadet instructor in NCC on or after 01 Jan 1963 and who has been released after completion of his tenure. Time of service in NCC is deducted from his age and if it does not exceed the prescribed age limit for a particular post by more than 3 years they are considered as eligible. Full time cadets who may have been released before the end of their tenure but have served for at least 6 months prior to their release are also considered as eligible.
Age Limit for the post of DSP
Candidate should not be less than 21 years and more than 27 years as on 1st January of the year of exam. Same relaxation limits as above will apply.
Physical measurements for the post of DSP
|Category||Height (in cm)||Chest|
|With expansion||Without expansion|
|Male||170.18||34.5``(87.63 cm)||33``(83.82 cm)|
Haryana Civil Services 2018 : Application Fee and Mode Of Payment
Category-wise application fee is given below:
|S No||Category of candidate||Exam Fee|
|1||Male- General Category including dependent male of ex servicemen of Haryana and all Male and Female of General and reserved categories of Haryana||INR 1000|
|2||Female-General category including dependent female of ESM of Haryana only||INR 250|
|3||Male and Female of SC/ESM/BC /PH Ortho with 40% disability of Haryana only||INR250|
All the candidates have to pay their application fee online by using a debit/credit card or internet banking facility. Candidates can also pay their application fee through SBI e-challan to be generated at the time of attempting online application.
Haryana Civil Services 2018 : Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Haryana Civil Services 2018 recruitment event will be completed in three stages of test. The first stage will be a preliminary examination then main written examination and final stage will be a personality test. Stage-wise examination pattern along with syllabus is given below:
It is also known as preliminary examination. It will be a multiple choice examination for the purpose of screening. It consists of 2 objective type papers of 100 marks each i.e. Paper I & II. Each paper will be for a duration of 2 hrs.
- Paper I General Studies
- Paper II One optional subject to be selected by the candidate from below given subjects:
|Agriculture||Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science||Botany|
|Indian History||Commerce and Accountancy||Physics|
|Political Science & International relations|
Stage II examination is also known as main examination.Those candidates who will clear the Preliminary examination will get a chance to appear in main examination. This examination shall comprise of 5 papers of total 600 marks:
|Paper number||Paper name||Maximum Marks|
|Paper I||English (including English Essay)||100|
|Paper II||Hindi (including Hindi Essay)||100|
|Paper III||General Studies||100|
|Paper IV & V||Two subjects to be selected by a candidate from below given subjects||150 x 2 = 300|
23 Optional subjects for Mains has been given below
|Agriculture||Animal Husbandry||English Literature||Public Administration|
|Chemistry||Commerce and accountancy||Indian History||Physics|
|Economics||Electrical engineering||Mechanical Engineering||Psychology|
|Law||Hindi Literature( including Devnagri script)||Political Science and International relations||Punjabi Literature|
Candidates must note that the following subject combinations will be not allowed:
- Political Science and International relations and public administration
- Agriculture and Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- English Literature, Hindi Literature, Punjabi Literature and Sanskrit Literature
- Civil Engineering, Electrical engineering and Mechanical Engineering
Stage III will be a personality test. Candidates passed in main examination will get an opportunity to appear in Stage III i.e. personality test. It will be held for 75 marks.
The total marks will be of 675 i.e., 600 marks for mains and 75 for personality test.
Note– Please note that the duration of all the papers will be 3 hours and candidates can opt to give the exam of General Knowledge in English or Hindi
Haryana Civil Services 2018 – Application Form and Process
Application form for Haryana Civil Services 2018 recruitment examination will be available online on commission’s official website. Candidates need to fill and submit online application to apply for any civil service post. Along with online application candidates also need to pay their application online by using a debit/credit card or internet banking facility. The complete process is given below:
- Open commission’s official website or click here
- On homepage, you will see few links, tabs etc.
- Now, search for ‘Apply online for Civil Services 2018’ link; probably available under ‘Online Form Submission’ heading
- Click on the said link
- Now you will see a new page where you have to select name of post for which you want to apply
- Click on the ‘Continue’ tab
- Now, select further option if appears
- Now, fill the rest details in sequence
- Take print out of your online application form
Haryana Civil Services 2018 : Examination Dates
The Public Service Commission (PSC), Haryana will conduct each stage’s examination on a separate day & date. However, the commission still has not officially notified details on this. Here we are assuming that very soon we will get to know exact examination dates. For latest updates, you can visit to commission’s official web portal.
Haryana Civil Services 2018 – Admit Card
Candidates will get a separate admit card for each examination i.e. Stage I, II & III. However, commission will not send admit cards by post or any other modes. The commission will upload admit cards on its official website and candidates have to download their admit card. Admit card for Stage I i.e. preliminary examination will be available soon to download.
How To Download Admit Card?
- Go to commission’s official website or click here
- On homepage, you will need to search for ‘Download’ section
- Under ‘Download’ heading you will have to search for ‘Admit card for civil services examination 2018’ link
- Click on the said link
- You will see a new page where you need to enter the required details and click on the ‘Submit’ tab
- On doing the same, you will see your Civil Services 2018 admit card
- Download and print it on A4 size paper’
Note- in case, you will forget your login credentials then you can use ‘Forget registration number’ link which will be available on the same page. With this given link, you can easily recover your login credentials.
Haryana Civil Services 2018 Results
Final result declaration date is still not disclosed by the Public Service Commission (PSC), Haryana. But according to their recruitment calendar, we can say that final results of civil services 2018 examination will be out by the end of the year i.e. by the month of December, 2018. However, this data is tentative and can be changed by Commission as per their schedule.
Haryana Civil Services 2018 Cut off
Final cut-off marks will be available for candidates to check after final result declaration. Cut-off marls will be the minimum marks assigned by the commission. To lock a post, a candidate has to secure at least above cut-off marks.
In the end, we just want to say that all above mentioned information is provisional and can be changed after releasing of official notification. If you still have any query or feedback about Haryana Civil Services 2018 recruitment event then feel free to contact us.
We wish you Best of Luck for Haryana Civil Services 2018.