HCS 2021 – Haryana Civil Services Apply Online 2021 : HPSC HCS 2021 notification has been released on 26 February 2021 to conduct a civil services examination in the state of Haryana to fill 156 vacancies. Haryana Civil Services 2021 apply online process will commence from 3rd March 2021 and the last date of registration will be 2nd April 2021. Haryana civil services examination will be a combined exam for the recruitment of eligible candidates on several civil service posts available within the state.
In this article you can get details like no. of Vacancies, examination date, eligibility criteria, the application process, exam pattern & syllabus, results and cutoff etc.
Haryana Civil Services Examination 2021 Quick Look
|Exam conducted by||The Public Service Commission (PSC), Haryana|
|Exam name||Haryana Civil Services Examination 2021|
|Date of Notification||26 Feb 2021|
|Essential Qualification||candidates must have passed in any Bachelor course|
|Examination mode||Online (CBT or computer based test)|
|Online application (start)||3 March 2021|
|Online application (end)||2 April 2021|
|Last Date for deposit of fee||2 April 2021|
|Date of Preliminary Exam||Sep 2021|
|Last date of submission of application for Main Exams||To be notified|
|Date of Main Exam||Jan 2022|
|Main Result||April 2022|
|Personality Test||June 2022|
|Final Result||July 2022|
|Apply online on @||HPSC’s official website|
Haryana Civil Services 2021 – Official Notification
Haryana Civil Services Examination 2021 notification has been released by the Public Service Commission (PSC), Haryana on 26 February 2021. We will post a link to read and download official notification once released by the commission.
HPSC Civil Services notification contains details related to the examination, application process, eligibility and important dates. The HPSC is a state-level recruitment organization in the state of Haryana. It is administered and controlled by the Government of Haryana. It is responsible for conducting several recruitment examinations to fill the vacant positions in government offices.
Haryana Civil Services Examination 2021: Number of Vacancies
Here we are providing a tentative number of post-wise vacancies. Please look at below given table.
|S No||Name of the Post||Number of Vacancies|
|1||Haryana Civil Service (Executive Branch)||48|
|2||Distt. Food Supplies Controller (DFSC)||05|
|3||Excise and Taxation Officer (ETO)||14|
|4||Asst Registrar Cooperative Societies (ARCs)||01|
|5||Asst Excise and Taxation Officer (AETO)||05|
|7||Block Development and Panchayat Officer||12|
|8||Distt Food and Supplies Officer (DFSO)||02|
|9||Asst Employment Officer||10|
|10||Tehsildar Class A||04|
|11||Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP)||07|
Haryana Civil Services 2021 – Eligibility Criteria
Essential Educational Qualifications
A bachelor’s in any stream from a recognized University as on the last date of the application.
Age Limit for all posts except DSP
Candidate should not be less than 21 years and more than 40 years as on 1st January of the year of the examination. However, relaxation in maximum age limit of 5 years will be given to the candidates belong to the following categories:
- SC/ST of Haryana state only
- An employee of Haryana Govt, Punjab and Haryana High Court or any subordinate court in the state of Haryana along with 4 years of service. An employee of Board/banks/Universities/corporations is not eligible for this relaxation.
- Single female candidate from Haryana.
- Widowed women, women whose husbands are ordered by the court to pay maintenance, women whose husbands have remarried, women living away from their husbands for more than 2 years on account of desertion.
Further relaxation in maximum age limit will be applicable in the following below given cases:
- An ex-military person who has joined the military before or after the declaration of an emergency to the extent of his service plus another 3 years provided he has served for a minimum 6 months before his release.
- A military person who is disabled is entitled to exclude his age from the time he was disabled during his service to the time of application or the end of the emergency.
- The person recruited as a full-time cadet instructor in NCC on or after 01 Jan 1963 and who has been released after completion of his tenure. Time of service in NCC is deducted from his age and if it does not exceed the prescribed age limit for a particular post by more than 3 years they are considered as eligible. Full-time cadets who may have been released before the end of their tenure but have served for at least 6 months prior to their release are also considered as eligible.
Age Limit for the post of DSP
Candidate should not be less than 21 years and more than 27 years as on 1st January of the year of exam. Same relaxation limits as above will apply.
Physical Measurements for the post of DSP
|Category||Height (in cm)||Chest|
|With expansion||Without expansion|
|Male||170.18||34.5``(87.63 cm)||33``(83.82 cm)|
Haryana Civil Services 2021: Application Fee and Mode Of Payment
The category-wise HCS application fee is given below:
|S No||Category of candidate||Exam Fee|
|1||Male- General Category including dependent male of ex servicemen of Haryana and all Male and Female of General and reserved categories of Haryana||INR 1000|
|2||Female-General category including dependent female of ESM of Haryana only||INR 250|
|3||Male and Female of SC/ESM/BC /PH Ortho with 40% disability of Haryana only||INR 250|
All the candidates have to pay their application fee online by using a debit/credit card or internet banking facility. Candidates can also pay their application fee through SBI e-challan to be generated at the time of attempting online application.
Haryana Civil Services 2021 – Application Form and Process
Application form for Haryana Civil Services 2021 recruitment examination will be available online on the commission’s official website. Candidates need to fill and submit an online application to apply for any civil service post. Along with online application candidates also need to pay their application online by using a debit/credit card or internet banking facility. The complete process is given below:
- Open commission’s official website or click here
- On the homepage, you will see a few links, tabs etc.
- Now, search for ‘Apply online for Civil Services 2021’ link; probably available under ‘Online Form Submission’ heading
- Click on the said link
- Now you will see a new page where you have to select the name of post for which you want to apply
- Click on the ‘Continue’ tab
- Now, select the further option if appears
- Now, fill the rest details in sequence
- Take a print out of your online application form
Haryana Civil Services 2021: Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Haryana Civil Services 2021 recruitment event will be completed in three stages of the test. The first stage will be a preliminary examination then the main written examination and the final stage will be a personality test. Stage-wise examination pattern along with syllabus is given below:
Stage I: Prelim Exam
- HCS Stage I exam is also known as preliminary examination.
- It will be a multiple-choice examination for the purpose of screening.
- It consists of 2 objective type papers of 100 marks each i.e. Paper I & II.
- Paper I General Studies
- Paper-II CSAT
- Each paper will be for a duration of 2 hrs.
- There will be negative marking of 1/4th marks for the wrong attempt.
|Paper||Subjects||No. of Questions||No. of Marks||Time|
|Paper I||General Studies||100||100||2 Hrs|
|Paper II||CSAT||100||100||2 Hrs|
Stage II: Main Exam
- Stage II examination is also known as the main examination.
- Those candidates who will clear the Preliminary examination will get a chance to appear in the main examination.
- This examination shall comprise of 5 papers of total 600 marks.
|Paper number||Paper name||Maximum Marks|
|Paper I||English (including English Essay)||100|
|Paper II||Hindi (including Hindi Essay)||100|
|Paper III||General Studies||100|
|Paper IV & V||Two subjects to be selected by a candidate from below given subjects||150 x 2 = 300|
23 Optional subjects for Mains has been given below
|Agriculture||Animal Husbandry||English Literature||Public Administration|
|Chemistry||Commerce and accountancy||Indian History||Physics|
|Economics||Electrical engineering||Mechanical Engineering||Psychology|
|Law||Hindi Literature( including Devnagri script)||Political Science and International relations||Punjabi Literature|
Candidates must note that the following subject combinations will be not allowed:
- Political Science and International relations and public administration
- Agriculture and Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- English Literature, Hindi Literature, Punjabi Literature and Sanskrit Literature
- Civil Engineering, Electrical engineering and Mechanical Engineering
Stage III: Interview
Stage III will be a personality test. Candidates passed in the main examination will get an opportunity to appear in Stage III i.e. personality test. It will be held for 75 marks.
The total marks will be of 675 i.e., 600 marks for mains and 75 for personality test.
Note – Please note that the duration of all the papers will be 3 hours and candidates can opt to give the exam of General Knowledge in English or Hindi
Haryana Civil Services Syllabus 2021
HCS Syllabus 2021 is given below.
Paper I General Studies
- Current events of national and international importance
- General Mental Ability
- General Science
- Haryana–Economy and people. Social, economic and cultural institutions and language of Haryana.
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography
- Indian Culture, Indian Polity and Indian Economy
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, the order of magnitude, etc. – Class X level),
- Decision making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
Paper I: English and English Essay
- Comprehension of given passages
- General Grammar / Composition
- Precise Writing
- Usage and Vocabulary.
Paper-II: Hindi and Hindi Essay
- Composition (idioms, corrections etc.)
- Essay on a specific topic.
- Explanation of Hindi passage (prose and poetry) in the same language.
- Letter / precise writing
- Translation of an English passage into Hindi.
Paper III: General Studies
- Current National issues and topics of social relevance
- Geography of India
- History of Modern India and Indian Culture
- Indian Polity
- Developments in the field of science and technology, communications and space
- India and the World
- Indian Economy
- International Affairs & Institutions
- Statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams
Paper IV: Optional Subject 1
Paper V: Optional Subject 2
Haryana Civil Services 2021: Examination Dates
HPSC will conduct each stage’s examination on a separate day & date. However, the commission still has not officially notified details on this. Here we are assuming that very soon we will get to know exact examination dates.
- Prelim Exam Date: 12 September 2021
- Main Exam Date: Jan 2022
- Interview Date: To be notified
For the latest updates, you can visit the commission’s official web portal.
Haryana Civil Services 2021 – Admit Card
Candidates will get a separate Haryana Civil Services admit card for each examination i.e. Stage I, II & III. However, the commission will not send admit cards by post or any other modes. The commission will upload admit cards on its official website and candidates have to download their admit card. Admit card for Stage I i.e. preliminary examination will be available soon to download.
How To Download Admit Card?
- Go to commission’s official website or click here
- On the homepage, you will need to search for ‘Download’ section
- Under ‘Download’ heading you will have to search for ‘Admit card for civil services examination 2021’ link
- Click on the said link
- You will see a new page where you need to enter the required details and click on the ‘Submit’ tab
- On doing the same, you will see your Civil Services 2021 admit card
- Download and print it on A4 size paper’
Note- in case, you will forget your login credentials then you can use ‘Forget registration number’ link which will be available on the same page. With this given link, you can easily recover your login credentials.
Haryana Civil Services 2021 Result
Final result declaration date is still not disclosed by the Public Service Commission (PSC), Haryana. But according to their recruitment calendar, we can say that Haryana civil services 2021 examination Prelim results will be out by December 2021 and the Main result by April 2022 and the final result by June 2022. However, this data is tentative and can be changed by Commission as per their schedule.
- Visit HPSC Website
- Click on the Results tab
- Click on Haryana Civil Services 2021 Result (Prelim/Main/Final)
- Download Pdf
- Check the Roll.No.
- To check the marks, click on the relevant link on the results page, enter registration no. and DOB
Haryana Civil Services 2021 Cut off
Final cut-off marks will be available for candidates to check after final result declaration. Cut-off marks will be the minimum marks assigned by the commission. To lock a post, a candidate has to secure at least above cut-off marks.