Haryana Constable Syllabus 2020 : The Haryana Police Constable 2020 exam constable will be conducted and supervised by the HSSC (Haryana Staff Selection Commission). The entire exam pattern, syllabus and selection process shall be governed by the commission. The exam for the Haryana constable exam will be conducted in the following mentioned stages.
- Knowledge test
- Physical Screening Test
- Physical Measurement Test
Candidates clearing all the stages successfully will be eligible for final selection. The entire exam pattern, syllabus and selection procedure is explained in detail in this article.
Haryana Constable Exam Pattern 2020
The Haryana police constable exam pattern will involve a knowledge test, a physical screening test and a physical measurement test.
Knowledge Test Pattern
a) Candidates shall be tested on the following subjects
- General Studies
- General Science
- Current affairs
- General reasoning
- Mental aptitude
- Numerical ability
- Animal husbandry
- Other relevant fields/areas
b) The knowledge test will be of 80 marks and will have multiple choice questions.
c) The test will consist of 100 questions and each correct answer will get 0.80 marks. However, there will be no negative marking for answers that go wrong.
d) The test will be conducted in a duration of 90 minutes.
e) The questions asked shall be bilingual in nature i.e. questions and options shall be given in both Hindi as well as English languages.
f) The standard of the questions asked for the Haryana constable recruitment will be of 10+2 level and at least 10 questions out of the total questions will be asked to test the computer knowledge of the candidates.
Physical Screening Test Pattern
- After the knowledge test, a Physical Screening Test of qualifying nature shall be conducted.
- The prescribed standards for the PST is as follows
|Candidates||Test distance||Min Qualifying Time|
|Male candidate||2.5 km||12 minutes|
|Female candidate||1 km||6 minutes|
|Ex Servicemen||1 km||5 minutes|
- Candidates will have to qualify the PST round according to the prescribed standard pattern.
Physical Measurement Test Pattern
Candidates passing the PST round will have to then clear this round. The standards of this round shall be based on the rules mentioned in the Haryana Police Service Rules 2017.
Haryana Constable Syllabus 2020
The Haryana Police Constable syllabus 2020 is as follows.
- Fundamentals of livestock and poultry production and farming
- Irrigation and weed management
- Soil and its types and their management
- Applied microbiology
- Farm machineries and post harvesting processes
- Plant pathology
- Soil nutrient management
- Crop diseases and its management
- Seed production techniques
- Spices, ,medicinal plants and floriculture, etc
Animal Husbandry Syllabus
- Gynecology and Obstetrics related to Veterinary science
- Veterinary surgery and Veterinary Radiology
- Veterinary Toxicology, Pathology, Pharmacology, Anatomy, Parasitology
- Veterinary Microbiology
- Medicines related to and used in Veterinary Science
General Awareness Syllabus
- Certain important abbreviations
- Famous personalities
- Important committees and commissions
- Books and their authors
- Important issues – both national and international
- Sports and awards
- Science and technology
- Constitution of India
- Geography – both India and also of Haryana
- Environmental studies
- IT and computer knowledge
- Other miscellaneous events, issues and topics
- Coding and decoding
- Direction sense
- Blood relations
- Alphabet and Number series
- Data sufficiency
- Seating arrangement
- Input and output
- Order and Ranking
- Verbal and figure related classification
- Judgement and analysis
- Similarities and differences, etc
Numerical Ability Syllabus
- HCF and LCM
- Mixture and Allegation
- Time and Work
- Time, Speed and Distance
- Profit and Loss
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Number System
- Data Interpretation
- Ratio and Proportion
- Squares and square roots, etc
For detailed syllabus, candidates can check the official 2020 notification which will be released on the official website.
Haryana Constable Selection Procedure
The Haryana Police constable selection process will include a knowledge test, a physical screening and physical measurement test and finally the document verification. Candidates will have to clear all the stages to be eligible for final recruitment.
Candidates will first have to clear the knowledge test which will have 80% weightage in the entire recruitment process. The knowledge test will be of objective type and candidates will have to answer questions from a variety of topics.
All those who are able to successfully qualify this stage will then be selected and called for the physical screening test. Candidates equal to seven times the total number of vacancies that is present in each category shall be invited. They will have to pass the screening as per the standards prescribed by the commission. The PST will be only of qualifying nature and its marks shall not be added in the final merit score.
Candidates clearing the screening round successfully will then be invited for the physical measurement test. This test will be conducted by the commission as per the rules prescribed in the Haryana Police Service Rules 2017. Candidates who are unable to meet the prescribed standards shall not be allowed to proceed further with the selection process.
All those who clear the PMT round will be informed and will be called on for the verification of their documents. Candidates will have to bring in their original documents at the time of verification and have to present it to the commission in the exact same format as asked by the HSSC.
After the verification process is completed, the commission will formulate the final merit list based on the performance of the candidate in the different stages, marks scored in the knowledge test, additional qualification and miscellaneous. In case there is a tie between the candidates, the commission will first resolve the matter and then recommend the names of the deserving candidates as per the number of vacancies in each category.
Selection In Case Of A Tie
In case of a tie, the following order will be followed to resolve a tie.
- Highest score achieved in knowledge test shall be considered
- Next, the age of the candidates will be considered with the older candidate getting preference
- If the DOB also matches, then candidate with higher qualification shall be considered
Documents Needed For Verification Round
- Academic qualification proof
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
- Category certificate
- Haryana domicile certificate (if domicile available)
- ESM proof
- Valid photo ID proof
- Printed copy of the duly filled application form along with a latest passport size photo stamped and attested by a Gazetted officer
- Self-attested copies of all the original mandatory documents along with original document