HSEE 2021 Application Form, Syllabus, Exam Date : To get admission in the discipline of humanities at the branch of IIT, Madras, the only gateway is IIT’s HSEE. IIT Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination is the examination which is held for providing admission in the 5 years integrated course of M.A. after the completion of class 12th examination.
The discipline of humanities is a multi-disciplinary program that covers different subjects like English, international relations, foreign languages, cultural studies, economics, sociology, philosophy, drama & theatre, etc.
Students studying this course make a strong foundation in the subjects related to social sciences and they prepare for the Civil Services Examination. So, the candidates interested in pursuing their studies from IIT Madras in humanities have to appear in HSEE 2021, a national level exam.
The shortlisted candidates will get admission in the course of 5 years integrated Master of Arts. This course focuses on encouraging critical thinking. In starting, the first two years of the 5-year course will be the same for all the students but then they have to select from the following:
- Integrated M.A. in Development Studies
- Integrated M.A. in English Studies
46 seats are sanctioned for this program.
IIT HSEE 2021 Official Notification
Interested students should keep an eye on the official notification of IIT HSEE 2021. The admission for the session 2021-20 is soon going to start at the end of this year. The official notification link will be updated here after the release of IIT HSSE 2021 notification.
HSEE 2021 Important Dates
Here, we present the tentative dates for HSEE 2021 to assist the candidates in the preparation of HSEE. The official notification with all the important dates will get released soon in the coming few months.
|Commencement of HSEE application||II week of December 2020|
|Commencement of paying HSEE application fees 2021||II week of December 2020|
|Last date for the payment of application fees||III week of January 2021|
|End date for the submission of HSEE application form||III week of January 2021|
|Last date for the payment of application fees via bank e-challan||Last week of January 2021|
|Date for checking application status||II week of February 2021|
|Issue of HSEE admit Card||II week of March 2021|
|Last date for the download of HSEE admit card||II week of April 2021|
|Exam Date of HSEE 2021||III week of April 2021|
|Declaration of HSEE result 2021||II week of May 2021|
HSEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are applying for HSEE 2021 must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the desired course. Passed candidates must fulfill one of the following criteria in order to appear in the entrance examination of humanities. They should have completed either of the following examinations or appearing in one of them.
- Final examination of 10+2 that is conducted by a State or Central Board that must be recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Pre-university examination (intermediate or 2-year) that is conducted either by a University of Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Senior Secondary School Examination which must be conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling and the students must have studied a minimum of 5 subjects.
- H.S.C. Vocational Examination
- Either High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office of Geneva.
In case, when the candidates have completed the class 12th not from India and that too not from the Board specified above, then, those candidates have to present the certificate from the Association of Indian Universities to prove that the examination which they have passed is equivalent to the Class 10+2 examination.
Percentage in Qualifying Examination
Candidates who belong to General Category and OBC category must have obtained a minimum score of 60% as the aggregate marks in class 12th. However, there is a relaxation in minimum qualifying marks for the candidates of reserved category. Candidates of the reserved category have to score a minimum of 55% marks in the last qualifying examination.
Date of Birth
Interested candidates whose DOB falls either on or after October 01, 1994 can apply for HSEE 2021. However, candidates belonging to SC, ST, and PwD category have a relaxation of 5 years.
Date of birth mentioned in the certificate of class 10th and 12th will be considered and during the submission of original documents, these certificates are required to confirm the date of birth. Failing to submit these documents will lead to the disqualification of candidates.
HSEE 2021 Application Form
HSEE application form will be filled before the completion of the deadline only. It will be advisable to fill and submit the complete application form in order to prevent last-minute problems. The mode of application is online only. No hard copy of the application form will be sent to the IIT.
- Before filling the application form, the registration part is an important part to complete as it will generate the registration ID and Password.
- This information is required to proceed with filling up of HSEE application form.
- Candidates must ensure that during the registration process, they have a valid email ID along with the mobile number.
- They should also get the scanned copy of their signature, photograph, and required documents as failing to upload these will result in failure of submission of the application form.
- In the last, don’t forget to pay the application fees as it is important and mandatory to pay the application fees for the successful submission of the application form.
After the successful submission of everything in the whole process of the application form, one can check his/ her status online on the official website.
Documents for Application Form Submission
- Scanned photograph
- Scanned signature
- Class 10th certificate
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Category certificate, if applicable
- PwD certificate, if applicable
HSEE Application Fee
However, the application fee is different for different categories.
|General Category||Rs. 2400/-|
|SC/ST/PwD/Female candidates||Rs. 1200/-|
In addition, they will also pay RS 40 as the service charge of the Bank. It will be paid either via Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking or challan of Indian Bank. It is non-refundable.
HSEE 2021 Exam Pattern
The exam paper will have only Multiple Choice Questions in Part 1 whereas, in Part 2, there will be a descriptive question only.
Time allotted for Part 1 is 150 minutes and Part 2 is 30 minutes.
HSEE 2021 Syllabus
There are two parts in HSEE 2021: Part 1 and Part 2.
This section will include the questions from the areas mentioned below:
- English: It will test the ability of the candidate to understand the English Language and usage.
- Reading Skills
- Analytical and Quantitative Ability: It will analyze the analytical skills of the candidates in addition to quantitative abilities.
- Data interpretation, Brainteasers, Logical reasoning, Analytical reasoning and Patterns
- Algebra, Numbers, Average, Highest Common Factor (HCF) and Lowest Common Multiple (LCM), Calendar, elementary trigonometry Basic Statistics, Ratio and proportion, Work and time, Profit and Loss, linear equations, Discount, Percentages, Simple Interest, Compound Interest, and Age sums.
- General Studies:
- Indian Economy:
- Understanding the Economy
- Main features of Indian Economy
- Major Economic problems
- Economic growth and development
- Sectoral Development
- Foreign Trade and International Economy
- Money, Banking and Public Finance
- Indian Society and Culture
- World Affair
- Environment And Ecology
- Indian Economy:
This section will consist of essay writing that will be on the basis of general knowledge and current affairs.
HSEE 2021 Admit Card
Candidates will download HSEE Hall Ticket 2021 as no admit card will be sent through via post. It is an important document which includes important information related to candidate and exam. Without HSEE admit card, they will not be permitted in the exam hall.
HSEE 2021 Cut Off
To qualify the written examination of IIT Madras HSEE, one needs to attain cut off marks. It will be the basis of the HSEE merit list and admission will be offered on the HSEE merit list.
HSEE 2021 Result
It will be declared online on the official website. One can check the HSEE result 2021 with the help of their registration ID.