IBPS Clerk 2018 Application Form, Apply Online For 7275 Vacancies : Every year lakhs of banking aspirants wait for the announcement of IBPS Clerk notification 2018. Like other years, this year also the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has released the official notification of the IBPS CLERK examination 2018. Here you will find complete information about IBPS CWE-2018 examination including Official notification, Important Exam Dates, Application form and process, Admit card, results, cut off etc.
IBPS conducts the clerk exam to select clerks in public sector banks participating in recruitment. It offers recruitment services to all participating public sector banks. IBPS has released notification for a total of 7275 clerk vacancies. Mode of examination would be online and examination will be held at various locations throughout India.
IBPS Clerk 2018 Notification & IBPS clerk 2018 vacancies
On 14th September 2018, the Director at IBPS has released IBPS clerk 2018 notification for the next Common Recruitment Process for selection of candidates for Clerical cadre posts in the participating organisations. To view, download or read it now, please click below.
As per IBPS clerk 2018 notification, total no. of vacancies is 7275. A complete list of IBPS clerk 2018 vacancy state wise is given below
|State||No. of vacancies|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||03|
|Daman & Diu||01|
|Jammu & Kashmir||61|
Note- For category wise no. of vacancies, please go through IBPS clerk 2018 notification.
IBPS Clerk 2018 Important Dates
|Name of the exam||IBPS Clerk 2019|
|Also known as||IBPS Common Recruitment Process For Recruitment of Clerks 2018 [CRP CLERKS-VIII for Vacancies of 2019-20]|
|Conducted by||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection|
|IBPS Clerk 2019 notification released on||Sept 2019|
|Post name & department||Clerk in the Participating Organizations|
|IBPS clerk 2019 vacancies||-|
|Opening and closing dates of registration for online application||Sept / Oct 2019|
|Dates for submission of Application Fees / Intimation Charges (Online)||Sept / Oct 2019|
|Call letters for Pre- Exam training will be available to download in||November 2019|
|Dates of Pre-Exam Training||Nov / Dec 2019|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Call letters for Preliminary exam||Nov 2019|
|Preliminary exam will be on||Dec 2019|
|Result of preliminary exam||Jan 2020|
|Call letters for Main exam||Jan 2020|
|IBPS Clerk 2018 Main exam will be on||Jan 2020|
|Provisional Allotment||April 2020|
|IBPS Clerk 2018 Official website / Apply online @||www.ibps.in|
IBPS Clerk 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- A citizen must be Indian/ of Nepal or Bhutan
- A Tibetan Refugee who came to India on or before 1st Jan 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- A Person of Indian Origin who has migrated to India from countries given in the notification with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Age Limit [As on Sept 01, 2018]
All the candidates who want to apply for IBPS CLERK 2018 must not be less than 20 years and not more than 28 years old.
Relaxation Of Upper Age Limit
There is a relaxation in age for certain categories as mentioned below.
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|OBC (non-creamy layer)||3 years|
|Persons with disabilities||10 years|
|Ex-servicemen / Disabled Ex-Servicemen||actual period of service rendered in the defence forces + 3 years (8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 year|
|Persons domiciled in the state of J & K in the period of 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
|Persons who have affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (Applicable to MP state only)||5 years|
|Widows, divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried||9 years|
IBPS Clerk 2018 Educational Qualification
- Candidate must have passed a graduation or have any equivalent degree of graduation (in any discipline) from the recognized university of the Indian government.
- Candidates appearing in the final year of his/her exam may also apply.
- Knowledge of computer operation is a must as IBPS clerk is conducted online.
- Candidate should have verbal and written proficiency in official language of the State/UT. The candidate should be able to read, write and speak the language.
IBPS Clerk 2018 Exam Pattern
There is two-phase written examination namely Prelim and Main examination.
IBPS Clerk 2018 Prelim Exam
The prelim exam consists of three sections
- English language,
- Quantitative Aptitude and
- Logical Reasoning.
There are total 100 questions and each question carry 1 mark. 0.25 marks will be deducted as negative marking for each wrong answer. There is a time limit of 1 hr.
|S. No.||Subject||No. Of Questions||Max. Marks|
IBPS Clerk 2018 Mains Exam
The mains exam consist of four sections
- General English,
- Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude,
- General/ Financial Awareness,
- Quantitative Aptitude.
Total 190 questions will be given and different marks are allotted for different questions. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer as penalty under negative marking system.
|S. No.||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Time|
|1||Reasoning Ability & Computer|
|2||General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|3||General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|4||Quantitative aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
Read : IBPS Clerk 2018 Syllabus
Note : Time allotted to each subject/ section is fixed and not possible to utilize one section time for solving other section.
IBPS Clerk 2018 Syllabus
Below we have mentioned IBPS clerk 2018 syllabus
|English Language||Quantitative Ability||Reasoning||Computer Aptitude||General Awareness|
|Reading comprehension||Simplification||Alphanumeric series||Internet||Financial awareness|
|Cloze test||Average||Ranking/direction test||Memory||Current affairs|
|Para jumble||Percentage||Data sufficiency||Keyboard shortcuts||Static GK|
|Paragraph completion||Ratio and proportion||Coded inequalities||Computer abbreviation|
|Fill in the blanks||Data interpretation||Seating arrangement||Microsoft office|
|Error spotting||Mensuration and geometry||Puzzle||Operating system|
|Simple and compound interest||Syllogism||Computer fundamentals & terminologies|
|Problems on ages||Problems on Blood relations|
|Number series||Input output|
|Speed, distance and time||Coding decoding|
|Time and work||Scheduling|
|Data sufficiency||Verbal reasoning|
|Mixture and allegations|
How To Fill IBPS Clerk 2018 Application Form
Candidates can fill IBPS Clerk 2018 apply online form from 18.09.2018 to 10.10.2018 and no registration will be entertained after that.
Things To Do Before IBPS Clerk 2018 apply online
- Scan photograph and signature by making sure that both the size and height*width of the photograph (4.5cm x 3.5cm) and signature (not more than 20kb) are in the prescribed range
- CAPITAL LETTERS signature will not be accepted
- Keep the necessary details or documents like debit card/ credit card/ net banking etc. to make online payment of the requisite application fee/intimation charges.
- Candidate must have valid personal email ID, and it should be kept active for entire process of common recruitment conducted by IBPS.
Procedure For IBPS Clerk 2018 apply online
- Candidates are required to visit IBPS’s website
- Click on the home page to open “CWE CLERK” link
- Click on “CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR CWE CLERK”
- Click on “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION”
- Fill the basic required information to complete filling application form
- A provisional registration number and password will be generated and displayed on the screen. This should be kept safe.
- Candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications.
- Candidates have the option of making the payment of requisite fee through the ONLINE mode only.
IBPS Clerk 2018 Application Fee
Application Fee/ Intimation charges payable are as follows:
- 100/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates
- 600/-for all other candidates
In the examination hall as well as at the time of interview, keep the call letter along with a photocopy of the candidate’s photo identity card (bearing exactly the same name as it appears on the call letter) such as PAN card/ Passport/ Driving License/ Aadhar card etc.
IBPS Clerk 2018 Admit Card
The center, venue address, date and time for both preliminary and main examinations and interview shall be given in the call latter. Eligible candidates should download IBPS clerk 2018 admit card from the iBPS website www.ibps.in by entering his/her registration number and password.
Here Are The Steps To Download IBPS Clerk 2018 Admit Card
- Log on to official website @ ibps.in
- Click on recruitment section and IBPS CLERK admit card
- Enter the registration number and password/date of birth
- Enter the captcha
- Click on the ‘submit’ button
- IBPS CLERK admit card will be displayed on the screen
- Check all the details and take print out
IBPS Clerk 2018 exam date
As per IBPS clerk 2018 notification, below we have mentioned dates of IBPS clerk 2018 preliminary & main examination
- IBPS Clerk 2018 Online Preliminary exam – 12.2018, 09.12.2018, 15.12.2018 & 16.12.2018
- IBPS Clerk 2018 Online Main exam – Jan 20, 2019
IBPS Clerk 2018 Result
IBPS results of prelim and main examination will be released by IBPS on its official website after few weeks of examination. To check the result of prelim exam, main exam candidate should follow the following steps:
- Log on to official website ibps.in
- Click on the ‘result’ section
- Enter the registration number and password/date of birth
- Enter the captcha
- Click on the ‘submit’ button
- Result will be displayed on the screen
The final result is declared on the basis of candidate’s overall performance in the examination. The aggregate of 100 marks is used for the final merit list for each category. Candidates with high merit rank in each category are finally selected.
IBPS Clerk 2018 Cut Off
Cut-off is the minimum marks a candidate need to score to qualify for prelim and mains examination. Expected cutoff scores has been given below for both prelim and main examination.
IBPS Clerk Prelim Cutoff (Expected)
|English language||30||6.50 - 9.50|
|Numerical ability||35||10.00 - 14.50|
|Reasoning aptitude||35||9.25 - 13.50|
|State||General||OBC||SC / ST|
|Jammu & Kashmir||68.75|
IBPS Clerk Mains Cutoff (Expected)
|Reasoning & computer knowledge||50||10 - 13|
|English language||40||13 - 15|
|General awareness||40||10 - 12|
|Quantitative aptitude||50||9 - 11|
These cut offs are given out of 100 (online mains exam of 200 marks will be converted to 100 marks)
|Andaman & Nicobar||36.97||31.22||NA||20.03|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||33.94||NA||NA||NA|
|Daman & Diu||30.60||NA||NA||NA|
|Jammu & Kashmir||40.28||29.16||35.41||27.07|
Hope this article is helpful, keep checking this page for further updates on IBPS clerk examination, do comment if you have any specific query related to IBPS Clerical 2018 Examination.