IBPS Clerk 2019 Notification [Application Form, Apply Online] : Every year IBPS conducts common recruitment process consist of online examination (Preliminary and Main) for the selection of clerical cadre personnel in the participating organizations. The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection will release IBPS Clerk 2019 notification 2019 tentatively in the month of September for CRP clerks – IX. Eligible candidates who wish to join in the clerical cadre in the participating banks must register on the IBPS website for the common recruitment process. Here you will find complete information about IBPS Clerk 2019 examination including Official notification, Important Exam Dates, Application form and process, Admit card, results, cut off etc.
- Important Dates
- Age Limit
- Apply Online
- Application Form
- Exam Pattern
- Admit Card
- Exam Date
- Cut Off
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection will conduct online examinations (Preliminary and Main) for recruitment of clerks in participating organisations (CRP Clerks-IX for vacancies of 2020-21). IBPS will conduct online examination consisting of 2 stages (two tier), Preliminary and Main examinations at several locations throughout the nation. After conducting the examinations, IBPS will prepare a final merit list having selected candidates for provisional allotment. Further details of IBPS Clerk 2019 have been provided below.
IBPS Clerk 2019 Notification
It is expected that in September 2019, the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection will release IBPS clerk 2019 notification for the next Common Recruitment Process for selection of candidates for Clerical cadre posts in the below mentioned participating organisations. IBPS Clerk 2019 notification will be released through the official website of IBPS. To view, read or download it, candidates will have to visit to the IBPS’s official website or you can check the notification pdf below.
IBPS Clerk Vacancy 2019
Total number of vacancies will be mentioned in the IBPS clerk 2019 notification. It is expected that IBPS will conduct CRP for clerical cadre of approximately 7000 vacancies. Below we have mentioned expected state wise vacancies.
|State||No. of vacancies|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||03|
|Daman & Diu||01|
|Jammu & Kashmir||61|
Note – For category wise no. of vacancies, please go through IBPS clerk 2019 notification.
In IBPS Clerk 2019, the following organizations will participate for selection of personnel for Clerical cadre posts.
|Syndicate Bank||Bank of India|
|Punjab & Sind Bank||Canara Bank|
|United Bank of India||Punjab National Bank|
|Bank of Baroda||Union Bank of India|
|Oriental Bank of Commerce||Central Bank of India|
|Vijaya Bank||Bank of Maharashtra|
|Dena Bank||Corporation Bank|
|UCO Bank||Indian Overseas Bank|
|Allahabad Bank||Andhra Bank|
IBPS Clerk 2019 Important Dates
|Name of the exam||IBPS Clerk 2019|
|Also known as||IBPS Common Recruitment Process For Recruitment of Clerks 2019 [CRP CLERKS-IX for Vacancies of 2019-20]|
|Conducted by||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection|
|IBPS Clerk 2019 notification released on||Sept 2019|
|Post name & department||Clerk in the Participating Organizations|
|IBPS clerk 2019 vacancies||-|
|Opening and closing dates of registration for online application||Sept / Oct 2019|
|Dates for submission of Application Fees / Intimation Charges (Online)||Sept / Oct 2019|
|Call letters for Pre- Exam training will be available to download in||November 2019|
|Dates of Pre-Exam Training||Nov / Dec 2019|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Call letters for Preliminary exam||Nov 2019|
|Preliminary exam will be on||7th, 8th, 14th, and 15th December 2019|
|Result of preliminary exam||Jan 2020|
|Call letters for Main exam||Jan 2020|
|IBPS Clerk 2019 Main exam will be on||19th January 2020|
|Provisional Allotment||April 2020|
|IBPS Clerk 2018 Official website / Apply online @||www.ibps.in|
IBPS Clerk 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who want to secure a clerk job in any of the participating organizations will be required to apply online for IBPS clerk 2019 after checking the eligibility conditions as mentioned below
- An applicant must be a citizen of India or a subject/ of Nepal or Bhutan (Or)
- A Tibetan Refugee who came to India on or before 1st Jan 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India (Or)
- A Person of Indian Origin who has migrated to India from countries like Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zaire, Malawi etc., with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Note – Apart from Indian citizens, every other candidate will have to present and submit a certificate of eligibility issued by the GOI.
IBPS Clerk Age Limit [As on Sept 01, 2019]
All the candidates who want to apply for IBPS CLERK 2019 must not be less than 20 years and not more than 28 years old i.e., candidates applying for IBPS clerk 2019 must have been born between 02 Sept 1991 to 01 Sept 1999 (both dates inclusive).
Relaxation Of Upper Age Limit
There is relaxation in age limit for certain categories of IBPS Clerk 2019 candidates as mentioned below.
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|OBC (non-creamy layer)||3 years|
|Persons with disabilities||10 years|
|Ex-servicemen / Disabled Ex-Servicemen||actual period of service rendered in the defence forces + 3 years (8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 year|
|Persons domiciled in the state of J & K in the period of 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
|Persons who have affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (Applicable to MP state only)||5 years|
|Widows, divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried||9 years|
Note – Candidates who claim age relaxation will be needed to produce & submit appropriate certificate(s) / documents in original and photocopies at the time of joining.
IBPS Clerk 2019 Educational Qualification
- Candidate must have passed a graduation or have any equivalent degree of graduation (in any discipline) from the recognized university of the Indian government. They should have valid degree certificate / marksheet on the day when they register online for IBPS clerk 2019.
- They should have working and operating knowledge in computer systems i.e. they must have studied Information Technology / Computer as a compulsory subject in the High School / College / Institute must have Degree / certificate / diploma in computer language / operations.
- Candidate should have verbal and written proficiency in official language of the State/UT. The candidate should be able to read, write and speak the language.
Such ex-servicemen who do not have above mentioned qualifications should be matriculate ex-servicemen who have Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Air Force or Navy after completing at least 15 years of service in the Armed Forces of the Union as on 10 Oct 2019. Such certificates should be obtained on or before 10 Oct 2019.
- Applicants should have obtained prescribed qualifications from an Institution / Board / University recognized by GOI or approved by respective Government authorities. Their final results should be announced on or before 10 Oct 2019.
- Applicants must have proper document issued by University / Board stating that their result has been declared on or before 10 Oct 2019. Also, they will have to submit document at the time of joining. Date printed on applicants’ original / provisional certificate / marksheet will be considered as the date of passing the eligibility examination.
- Applicant whose result has been released on the website of the Institute / University is required to submit document / certificate having date of passing for verification and further process.
- Applicants must indicate percentage of marks obtained by them in Graduation up to 2 decimals in the online application. In case the CGPA / OGPA is awarded, it must be converted into percentage as per the norms / guidelines of the University. Applicants who mention CGPA / OGPA after converting into percentage in their online application must have to produce a certificate issued by the respective official having details on conversion of grade into percentage along with the norms followed for conversion.
- Applicants can calculate percentage by dividing the total marks obtained by them in all semesters / years by aggregate maximum marks of all the subjects multiplied by 100. The fraction of percentage whatever comes after calculating percentage will be ignored i.e. 54.99% and 59.99% will be treated as less than 55% and 60% respectively
IBPS Clerk Apply Online 2019
IBPS Clerk 2019 online registration of applications will start from the date of submission of online application. Candidates who are interested in securing a job of Clerk in any participating organization will have to fill and submit an online application on the IBPS website. Applications submitted in other mode will not be accepted. IBPS Clerk 2019 online application is divided into the following parts
- Part I Candidate’s registration
- Part II Uploading of documents
- Part III Filling of online application
- Part IV Payment of fees / intimation charges
- Part V Print the e-receipt and online application form
How To Fill IBPS Clerk 2019 Application Form
Candidates can fill IBPS Clerk 2019 online form after the release of notification. IBPS clerk 2019 application forms will be available on the official website of IBPS. To apply for IBPS Clerk 2019, candidates will be needed to fill and submit an online application after going through a simple one-time registration process. Further details regarding this are mentioned below.
Pre-Requisites For Applying Online
- Scanned file of photo having dimensions 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm
- Scanned file of signature; must taken not in Capital letters
- Scanned file of left thumb impression and hand-written declaration
- Essential documents / details to make online payment
- Personal email ID
Guidelines For Scanning Documents
- Photo to be scanned should be a passport style picture of size 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm and taken recently against a white background (preferred)
- Dimensions – 200 x 230 pixels (preferred)
- Size of scanned file should be between 20 kb – 50 kb
Signature, LTI and Hand-written Declaration Image
- Signature must be taken on a white paper with black ink pen; preferred dimensions are 140 x 60 pixels; size after scanning signature should be between 10 kb-20kb
- Candidate should take his / her left thumb print (LTI) on a white paper with blue or black ink; dimensions should be 240 x 240 pixels in 200 DPI or 3 cm x 3 cm; scanned file type of candidate’s LTI should be jpg / jpeg with size 20 KB – 50 KB
- Declaration should be written by applicant in English clearly on a white paper using black ink; dimensions should be 800 x 400 pixels in 200 DPI or 10 cm x 5 cm; scanned file type of candidate’s LTI should be jpg / jpeg with size 50 KB – 100 KB
- Both signature and hand-written declaration must not be in Capital letters
Procedure For IBPS Clerk 2019 Apply Online
Part I Candidate’s Registration
- Candidates are required to visit IBPS’s website
- Click on the home page to open “CWE CLERK” link
- Click on “CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR CWE CLERK”
- Click on “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION”
- Fill the basic required information to complete filling application form
- A provisional registration number and password will be generated and displayed on the screen. This should be kept safe.
Part II Uploading of Documents
- Candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications
- Applicant’s must not forget to upload scanned files of hand-written declaration and his / her left thumb impression / print
Part III Filling Details In Online Application
- Fill up the further details in your IBPS Clerk online application like personal details, educational details, contact details etc.
- Then click on tab ‘Save & Next’
- Before submitting details finally, make sure you have entered the correct details only. Verify the details and make changes if required
- Then click on tab ‘Final Submit’
Part IV Payment of Fees / Intimation charges
- Make the payment of requisite fees / intimation charge via the online mode using credit card / debit card / IMPS / internet banking / mobile wallets / cash cards
Part V Print the e-Receipt and Online Application Form
- After making online payment successfully, now take a printout of the e-receipt
- Then take a printout of the system generated on-line application form
Note – Do not send printout of the system generated on-line application form to the IBPS/ Banks.
IBPS Clerk 2019 Application Fee
IBPS Clerk Application Fee/ Intimation charges payable are as follows:
- 100/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates
- 600/- for all other candidates
Mode Of Payment
Applicants will have to make online payment of the requisite IBPS Clerk application fee / intimation charger by using Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets, Internet Banking, IMPS, Credit Cards and Debit Cards (RuPay / Visa / MasterCard / Maestro).
Candidates whose speed of writing is affected permanently due to any reason or visually impaired candidates can use their own scribe while appearing in the online preliminary and main examination. However, candidates willing to opt for a scribe need to mention the same while filling up the online application. Following rules will be applied on a candidate opting for a scribe
- Scribe should be arranged by candidate itself at her / his own cost
- Scribe may have any academic qualifications
- Scribe must fulfil all the eligibility criteria prescribed for them
- Candidates using a scribe will get extra 20 minutes or otherwise advised for each hour of the online tests
Candidates belonging to Minority Communities / Scheduled Tribes / Scheduled Caste / Ex-Servicemen / PWBDs can avail pre-examination training to be arranged by the Nodal Banks or participating banks. Candidates interested in pre-examination training need fill their choice in the online application.
Pre-examination training will be of no cost i.e. free. But candidates who opt for pre-examination training are required to take care of all other expenses like boarding, lodging, traveling etc. It will be held at the designated centres only.
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2019
IBPS Clerk exam pattern consist of two-phase written examination namely Prelim and Main examination.
IBPS Clerk 2019 Prelim Exam Pattern
The prelim exam consists of three sections
- English language
- Reasoning Ability
- Numerical Ability
There will be total 100 objective type questions and each question will carry 1 mark. 0.25 marks will be deducted as negative marking for each wrong answer. There is a time limit of 1 hr. Time allotted for each test will be 20 minutes.
|Section No.||Subject||No. Of Questions||Max. Marks|
To be shortlisted for main examination, candidates will have to secure cut-off marks in every test which will be decided by IBPS.
IBPS Clerk 2019 Main Exam Pattern
Candidates who qualify in every test of preliminary examination will be shortlisted and called for Online Main examination. The mains exam consist of four sections
- General English,
- Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude,
- General/ Financial Awareness,
- Quantitative Aptitude.
Total 190 questions will be given and different marks are allotted for different questions. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer as penalty under negative marking system. Each section should be finished in the time allotted for the particular section.
|S. No.||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Time|
|1||Reasoning Ability & Computer|
|2||General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|3||General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|4||Quantitative aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
Read : IBPS Clerk 2019 Syllabus
Note : Time allotted to each subject/ section is fixed and not possible to utilize one section time for solving other section.
- Both preliminary and main examinations will be conducted in online mode only in several centres in India
- Requests for change of examination centres will not be entertained
- IBPS will have the authority to cancel any examination centre or add new centres
- IBPS also have the right to allot any examination centre to candidates other than they have opted for at the time of filling online application
- Candidates will have to reach to their examination centre at their own expenses and risk; IBPS will not be responsible for any loss or injury at all
- Candidate misbehaviour during examination may result in cancellation of candidature / disqualification from this exam and also from future examinations held by IBPS
- Equi-percentile method will be used to normalize the marks scored by every candidate in different sessions (if conducted)
- Calculation of scores will be done up to 2 decimal points
IBPS Clerk Syllabus 2019
IBPS clerk 2019 syllabus in detail has been given below.
|English Language||Quantitative Ability||Reasoning||Computer Aptitude||General Awareness|
|Reading comprehension||Simplification||Alphanumeric series||Internet||Financial awareness|
|Cloze test||Average||Ranking/direction test||Memory||Current affairs|
|Para jumble||Percentage||Data sufficiency||Keyboard shortcuts||Static GK|
|Paragraph completion||Ratio and proportion||Coded inequalities||Computer abbreviation|
|Fill in the blanks||Data interpretation||Seating arrangement||Microsoft office|
|Error spotting||Mensuration and geometry||Puzzle||Operating system|
|Simple and compound interest||Syllogism||Computer fundamentals & terminologies|
|Problems on ages||Problems on Blood relations|
|Number series||Input output|
|Speed, distance and time||Coding decoding|
|Time and work||Scheduling|
|Data sufficiency||Verbal reasoning|
|Mixture and allegations|
IBPS Clerk 2019 Admit Card
IBPS Clerk admit card/ call letter 2019 for prelim/ Main exam will be released few weeks before the date of exam. The center, venue address, date and time for both preliminary and main examinations and interview shall be given in the call latter. Eligible candidates should download IBPS clerk 2019 admit card from the iBPS website @www.ibps.in by entering his/her registration number and password.
Here Are The Steps To Download IBPS Clerk 2019 Admit Card
- Log on to official website @ ibps.in
- Click on recruitment section and IBPS CLERK admit card
- Enter the registration number and password/date of birth
- Enter the captcha
- Click on the ‘submit’ button
- IBPS CLERK admit card will be displayed on the screen
- Check all the details and take print out
Documents To Carry For Exam
While appearing for the online preliminary and main examination, candidates must bring the following documents
- Candidate’s ID proof in original and photo copy (Photo ID proof should have the same name as printed on the call letters / application form)
- Valid call letter for preliminary examination (if appearing for online preliminary examination)
- Valid call letter for main examination (if appearing for online main examination)
Note – Candidates must be on reporting time mentioned on their call letter for examination otherwise they will not be allowed to write the examination
Items Not Allowed Inside The Examination Centre
- Opened or packed eatable item
- Water bottle or any other liquid item
- Any stationary item such as Geometry/Pencil Box, written or printed documents / material, bits of paper, Writing Pad, Pen Drives, Plastic Pouch, Calculator, Scale, Electronic Pen/Scanner etc.
- Any wrist watch / watch, camera etc.
- Any communication device such as health band, pager, microphone, earphones, Bluetooth etc.
- Any metallic item
- All ornament such as Pendants, Badge, Earrings, Nose-pin, Chain/Necklace, Ring etc. should be checked thoroughly
IBPS Clerk Exam Date 2019
As per IBPS clerk 2019 notification, below we have mentioned dates of IBPS clerk 2019 preliminary & main examination
- IBPS Clerk 2019 Online Preliminary exam – 7th, 8th, 14th, and 15th December 2019
- IBPS Clerk 2019 Online Main exam – 19th January 2020
IBPS Clerk 2019 Result
IBPS results of prelim and main examination will be released by IBPS on its official website after few weeks of examination. To check the result of prelim/ Main exam, main exam candidate should follow the following steps:
- Log on to official website ibps.in
- Click on the ‘result’ section (Prelim/Main)
- Enter the registration number and password/date of birth
- Enter the captcha
- Click on the ‘submit’ button
- Result will be displayed on the screen
The final result is declared on the basis of candidate’s overall performance in the examination. The aggregate of 100 marks is used for the final merit list for each category. Candidates with high merit rank in each category are finally selected.
IBPS Clerk 2019 Cut Off
Cut-off is the minimum marks a candidate need to score to qualify for prelim and mains examination. IBPS Clerk prelim cut off will be decided and who qualify the prelim exam by securing minimum qualifying marks are selected for Main exam. IBPS Main / Final Cut off will be decided for the candidates who attended Main exam. For final merit only Main exam cut off will be considered. There will be sectional cut off in both IBPS Clerk prelim and Main exam. Expected cutoff scores has been given below for both prelim and main examination.
IBPS Clerk Prelim Cut Off (Expected)
Sectional Cut off
|English language||30||6.50 - 9.50|
|Numerical ability||35||10.00 - 14.50|
|Reasoning aptitude||35||9.25 - 13.50|
Overall Cut Off
|State||General||OBC||SC / ST|
|Jammu & Kashmir||68.75|
IBPS Clerk Mains Cutoff (Expected)
Sectional Cut Off
|Reasoning & computer knowledge||50||10 - 13|
|English language||40||13 - 15|
|General awareness||40||10 - 12|
|Quantitative aptitude||50||9 - 11|
Overall Cut Off
These cut offs are given out of 100 (online mains exam of 200 marks will be converted to 100 marks)
|Andaman & Nicobar||36.97||31.22||NA||20.03|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||33.94||NA||NA||NA|
|Daman & Diu||30.60||NA||NA||NA|
|Jammu & Kashmir||40.28||29.16||35.41||27.07|
Final merit list will be prepared and released after considering the marks obtained by students in the main examination. Marks of online main examination are 200, it will be converted out of 100 for provisional allotment.
On the basis of final merit list, shortlisted candidates will be provisionally allotted to one of the participating banks. Provisional allotment of candidates shall be done after considering all the Government Guidelines.
If two or more candidates will obtain the same score then candidate senior in age will be considered for provisional allotment.
Documents Needed To Be Produced At The Time Of Joining
At the time of joining, candidates will have to produce the following documents in original and self-attested photocopies
- Print out of online application form
- Class X certificate or birth certificate issued by the respective authorities (Proof of date of birth)
- Photo ID proof
- Academic mark-sheets & certificates up to graduation level or equivalent; passing certificates / mark sheets should have issued on or before 10 Oct 2019
- Caste certificate (for SC / ST / OBC category candidates)
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
- Experience certificates (if any)
- Other necessary documents in support of eligibility
All the certificates / documents stated above should be submitted by the candidates to the allotted bank as per their rules / guidelines.
Before the start and end of the online main examination, the biometric data and photograph of the candidates will be captured and verified. Candidates who refuse to participate in the process of biometric data capturing and verification may not be allowed to write the main examination.
The biometric data and photograph of the candidates will also be captured and verify at the time of provisional allotment.
IBPS Clerk 2019 Salary
An IBPS Clerk will get Rs. 11,765/- per month as the basic pay in the scale of Rs. 11765-655/3-13730-815/3-16175-980/4-20095-1145/7-28110-2120/1-30230/1310-1-31540. Total salary of IBPS clerk will be approximately 195000 per month including basic pay and other allowances. An IBPS Clerk is eligible for other allowances such as Special Allowance, Dearness Allowance, HRA, TA etc.
IBPS Clerk FAQs
Q. What Is The Age Limit For IBPS Clerk 2019?
A. Candidate’s minimum and maximum age should be 20 years and 28 years respectively. Candidates must have been born between 02 Sept 19991 to 01 Sept 1999 (both dates inclusive).
Q. When IBPS Clerk 2019 Notification Will Be Released?
A. IBPS Clerk 2019 notification will be released in the month of September 2019 (expected).
Q. I’m From Nepal But Currently Studying and Living In India. Can I Apply For IBPS Clerk 2019?
A. Yes, you can apply for IBPS Clerk 2019. As per IBPS Clerk eligibility conditions, a subject of Nepal is eligible to write IBPS clerk exam. However, s/he will have to submit a document of eligibility to the IBPS. Certificate should be issued by the Government of India.
Q. What Is The Number Of IBPS Clerk Vacancy?
Exact number of IBPS clerk vacancy shall be cleared only after release of IBPS clerk 2019 notification. It is expected that 7000 vacancies will be filled through IBPS Clerk 2019.
Q. I’m A Person With Benchmark Disability. Can I Use A Scribe In IBPS Clerk Examinations?
A. Yes, you can use a Scribe if you are a person of visual impairment/ hand writing speed effected candidate. Other PwBD candidates such as Intellectual Disability etc. can also use scribe facility. But before using a Scribe you are recommended to read all the guidelines mentioned in IBPS clerk notification.
Q. What Is The Application Fees For Ex-Servicemen Candidates?
A. Ex-Servicemen candidates will have to pay only Rs. 100/- towards application fees / intimation charges.
Q. What Will Be The Mode Of Payment?
A. Candidates will have to make the payment online using debit card, internet banking, credit card, IMPS etc.
Q. What Is The Salary Of IBPS Clerk?
A. An IBPS Clerk will get Rs. 11,765/- per month as the basic pay in the scale of Rs. 11765-655/3-13730-815/3-16175-980/4-20095-1145/7-28110-2120/1-30230/1310-1-31540. Total salary will be 19500 per month including allowances.
Q. Is There Any Interview For IBPS Clerk?
A. There is no interview in IBPS clerk 2019 recruitment. To be shortlisted for final merit list, candidates will have to clear both IBPS clerk preliminary and main examination.
Q. What Are The Maximum Number Of Attempts For IBPS Clerk?
A. IBPS Clerk exam does not have restriction on no. of attempts. He/ she can attempt until they reach the upper age limit.
Hope this article is helpful, keep checking this page for further updates on IBPS clerk examination, do comment if you have any specific query related to IBPS Clerical 2019 Examination.