IBSAT 2021 Notification will be released in July 2020 and the registration process will commence from 1st July 2020 and the last date of application form submission is December 2020. IBSAT stands for ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test, a national level exam conducted for admission to MBA/PGPM Programmes.
Right from the inception, the IBS or the ICFAI Business School has been one of the best B-schools in the country. The institute came into existence in the year 1995 which has excellent educational and infrastructural facilities.
IBS offers innovative and internationally accepted courses. Students of this institute get great opportunities to achieve all-round development. The unique feature of the institute is that 100% case-based learning. As the students turn into leaders of the future, there is a heavy competition among students to take up admission to the institute.
The institute offers admission to the PGPM/MBA and Ph. D courses through IBSAT. Admissions to these courses are offered at the following branches of IBS through IBSAT:
- IBS, Hyderabad
- IBS, Pune
- IBS, Mumbai
- IBS, Kolkata
- IBS, Jaipur
- IBS, Dehradun
- IBS, Gurgaon
- IBS, Bengaluru
- IBS, Ahmedabad
IBSAT 2021 Important Dates
The final selection of candidates to the MBA/PGDM and Ph. D courses is done based on the performance of candidates in Personal Interview and Group Discussion followed by IBSAT 2021. Here are the tentative dates for the IBSAT 2021:
|S. No.||Description||Tentative Dates|
|1.||IBSAT 2021 Application||July 1st to December 12th 2020|
|2.||Dates of ICFAI Test||December 22 & 23, 2020|
|3.||IBSAT 2021 Result||1st Week of January 2021|
|4.||Selection Briefings||In the middle of January 2021|
|5.||Selection Process||For MBA/PGDM Program – End of February 2021 at IBS Hyderabad|
For Ph. D Program – Middle of March 2021 at IBS Hyderabad
IBSAT 2021 Notification
In general, whenever the admission process begins, IBS notifies the same through the official website in the admissions page at https://www.ibsindia.org/admissions/. Candidates can follow the last date specified therein for the year 2021 if they plan to apply to any course like MBA/PGDM or Ph. D.
IBSAT 2021 Eligibility
As the admission to different courses is done based on the merit secured by the applicants in IBSAT, here is the educational eligibility for these courses:
2-Year Management Program
- For admission to the MBA/PGDM courses, candidates must have completed their graduation with at least 50% of marks.
- Also, it is essential that they should have completed their graduation with English as the subject of instruction.
- It is important that the applicants must have completed at least 15 years of education. It can be in the format of 10+2+3 or 10+2+4.
- If a candidate has not done the graduation in English, he/she will have to submit the IELTS/NELT/TOEFL score before the 31st of May 2021 if they take up IBSAT 2021.
- Students in the final year of their degree course are also eligible to apply. However, they should meet their graduation requirement including assignments, viva, and practical examinations before the 31st of May 2021.
- Admission of these students will remain provisional until they submit the degree certificate or mark sheets of the degree course. It is compulsory that the applicants must submit the proof of their graduation with the required percentage of marks before the 1st of November 2021.
The eligibility will be checked only from the month of August 2021. So, it is the responsibility of the candidates to make sure that they meet the eligibility requirements before applying.
Full-time/Part-time Ph.D. in Management
- Candidates with graduation in any discipline with at least 50% of marks with the medium of instruction as English alone are eligible to apply for this course.
- Candidates can have a PG in Management taken as a full-time course with specialization in:
- Human Resource Management
- The PG course in management must have been completed from a UGC approved university with at least 55% or above marks.
- Candidates should have completed their full-time post-graduation in subjects like:
- Public Administration
- Otherwise, candidates with their PG in any allied discipline from a university approved by UGC are also eligible to apply. They should have secured at least 55% of marks in the PG course.
- Candidates getting admission should undertake the first-year MBA course as a requirement to continue in the Ph. D course. Otherwise, they should have a professional qualification like CS/CWA/CA or CFA with at least 55% of marks.
Ph. D. course in Economics (Full-time)
- Candidates should have completed their graduation with 50% or above marks.
- Otherwise, candidates must have their post-graduation in economics or allied discipline with at least 55% marks.
Common requirements for Ph. D.
- It is compulsory that all applicants must have completed at least 17 years of regular education. It can be either in the format of 10+2+3+2 or 10+2+4+2 for Ph.D. admission.
- Candidates, who have completed their Degree or PG on a single sitting basis or on online mode, distance or part-time mode, are not eligible to apply for the Ph.D. course at IBS, Hyderabad.
- In the case of candidates, who have not completed their graduation or Post graduation in English, they should have a valid IELTS/NELT/TOEFL score by the 31st of May 2021.
- Similar to the PG management course, the eligibility will be checked only from the month of August 2021. So, candidates should make sure that they meet the eligibility requirements before they apply to the Ph.D. course.
IBSAT 2021 Application form
Candidates interested in taking up IBSAT will have to apply online through the Website of ICFAI Business School. Interested candidates also have the option to apply through the IBS Marketing Branches near them. They can get the list of branches from the official website of the university at https://www.ibsindia.org/contact-us/.
How to Fill the Application Form?
- Candidates interested in applying online will have to click on the ‘apply online’ link that they can find here.
- On the application page, they will have to start by providing their personal and contact details.
- Once the basic details are filled up, the website will guide the candidate to the payment page.
- Once they pay the required fee, they will get a confirmation email to the email ID that they provide at the time of registration. They will get the hard copy of the IBSAT Bulletin within a week.
Direct link to the application form: Click Here
- Before filling up the online application, candidates are recommended to carefully read the instructions and eligibility requirements.
- When they are ready to fill up the online application, candidates will have to ensure the following items and documents are ready:
- A valid Email address, telephone number, and address. These contact details should be valid until the entire admission process.
- Mark sheets of class X and XII along with graduation mark sheet or the mark sheet of any other professional qualification with the percentage of marks ready.
- The percentage obtained should be calculated based on the practice followed by the appropriate institution/university or board from which the candidate completed the qualifying examination.
- If the applicant is from an institution that offers the rank as grade point average, he/she should convert the same into percentage score based on the conversion scheme of the institute.
- If the institute does not have a conversion scheme in place, the equivalent percentage should be calculated by dividing the CGPA got by the candidate by the utmost probable CGPA and multiplying the outcome by 100.
- It will take around 20-30 minutes to complete the entire application process online.
IBSAT 2021 Exam Pattern
IBSAT is conducted as an aptitude test by IBS. The test duration is two hours. The question paper will have questions under four sections. There will be totally 140 questions and all are multiple-choice questions. The 140 questions are divided among the 4 sections as follows:
- Data Adequacy & Data Interpretation – 30 Questions
- Quantitative Aptitude – 30 Questions
- Reading Comprehension – 30 Questions
- Verbal Ability – 50 Questions
Candidates, who qualify in the IBSAT 2021 or even candidates with CAT, GMAT, or NMAT score, will be called to take part in the selection process. The process will be conducted at the IBS campus at Hyderabad. The tentative dates for the selection process for IBSAT 2021 will be in the last week of February 2021. The selection process encompasses group discussion and personal interview.
IBSAT 2021 Syllabus
IBSAT Syllabus 2021 will have the following chapters under the 4 sections:
Data Adequacy & Data Interpretation
- Visual reasoning
- Venn – diagram
- Pie chart
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
- Critical reasoning
- Bar graphs & Column graphs
- Time, Speed & Distance
- Quadratic and linear equation
- Profit & Loss
- Permutation & Combination
- LCM & HCF
- Coordinate Geometry
- Arithmetic Progression
- Algebra & Geometry
- Questions will be based on comprehension passages
- Grammar & Idioms, etc.
- Sentence completion
- Replace the missing words
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Para Jumble
- Incorrect words
- Contextual usage & English Usage
- Comprehension of passage
IBSAT 2021 Admit Card
IBS will publish the admit card for the IBSAT Test from the middle of December every year until the date of the examination. Candidates can download the admit card as per the steps below:
- After the application process is over, candidates will find a link to the admit card on the official website of IBS.
- Candidates can download the admit card only after providing their login details.
- The login details will be the application number of DOB.
- Once, these details are provided, they will be taken to the admit card page.
- They will have to check whether the details entered are correct.
- Finally, candidates should take a print out and they should preserve the same until the completion of the application process.
IBSAT 2021 Results
Candidate applying for IBSAT 2021 can expect the results to be out in the first week of January 2021.
- To check the results, candidates will have to provide their login credentials.
- Once these details are entered, they will find a link that states “Results”.
- When they click this link, candidates will be prompted to provide their details like roll number to show the results.
Leave a Reply