IIFT 2019 Registration, Results : IIFT is the short form for the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. The institute was established in the year 1963. It is an autonomous body functioning under the Ministry of Commerce & Industry. The purpose of establishing this institute is to contribute to the skill building for the external trade sector of the country.
In the year 2002, the institute gained the status of a Deemed University. Over these many years, the institute has developed as the national university with attention to international business management and strategy. In addition to education and training, the institute focuses on research activities as well. IIFT has campuses in Delhi and Kolkata.
IIFT 2019 Course
IIFT offer courses under different categories. However, the MBA in the International Business is the main course offered by the institute. In addition to full-time MBA, the institute also offers weekend MBA in International Business. The other courses offered by the institute are classified under categories like Executive Programmes, certificate programmes, doctoral programmes, off-campus programmes and even corporate training and Foundation Training Programme are offered by the institute.
Two-Year MBA in International Business (Full-time) Course
This course is designed by IIFT as the foundation course for developing a competent cadre of business executives for meeting the growing needs of the country to train personnel in the international business field. This two-year course comprises six trimesters. The aim of the course is to offer comprehensive coverage encompassing all the crucial areas and disciplines appropriate to the international business activities. The good thing about this course structure is that the syllabus is framed by IIFT in-line with the syllabus of the best international business schools.
IIFT 2019 Admissions – Important Dates
|Notification||First Week of August 2018|
|Application start date||7th August 2018|
|Last date for receipt of application (General/OBC/PH/ST and SC candidates)||14th September 2018
(extended till 24th September 2018)
|Test centre change request date with fee of 1000 rs.||5th November 2018|
|Last date for receipt of application (NRI/FN/CNRI)||15th February 2019|
|Admit card||16th November 2018|
|Date of written examination||2nd December 2018 from 10 am to 12 Noon|
|Result Announcement||1st week of Jan 2019|
|Date of GD/Essay test/PI||2nd week of Jan 2019|
|Course commencement||First or second week of July 2019|
IIFT 2019 Notification
For IIFT 2019, the notification calling for application from eligible candidates must have been published by IIFT on the second week of July 2018. However, the notification has been published in the first week of August 2018.
Click here to check Official notification/information brochure of IIFT 2019
IIFT 2019 Eligibility
To apply to the IIFT 2019 admission process for the MBA full-time course in International Business, applicants must have completed their graduation with at least three-year duration in any discipline. Even, candidates appearing for the qualifying examination are eligible to submit their application. However, their admission is subject to the submission of proof of required qualification before the beginning of October 2019. There is no age limit to apply.
IIFT 2019 Application Form
The application form will be released along with notification on the official website of the institute. Candidates can find the application form online from the website of the university from 7th August 2018.
IIFT 2019 – How To Apply?
Candidates planning to apply online will have to follow the steps given below:
Click here for direct link to apply for IIFT 2019
- Candidates will have to visit the website of the university at iift.edu.
- At this website, candidates will have to click on the appropriate icon that shows admissions 2019.
- Then, they will have to fill up the online application form as per the details they can find on the website.
- After submission of online application, the applicants will have to take a print-out of the form and should attach their photograph and should sign in the boxes provided for these purposes and keep with them for further use.
- They should not need to send the print-out along with the necessary attachment to the institute.
IIFT 2019 Application Form Edit Option Available
Click Here to edit IIFT 2019 Application from
IIFT 2019 Apply – Offline Mode
Those planning to apply offline should do the following:
- Candidates, who have bought the prospectus either from the counter by paying cash or by demand draft, they should fill up the enclosed application form.
- Once, they fill up all the details, they will have to send the same in the envelope provided for this purpose to the following address:
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
B-21, Qutab Institutional Area,
New Delhi – 110016
- They should send away the application along with the required documents before the 14th September 2018.
- Candidates are recommended to retain a photocopy of the completed application and DD. It will help them for future reference.
- The cost of application form and prospectus is Rs.1550 for General category candidates and Rs.775 for SC/ST/PH candidates. This fee includes the application screening and entrance test fee.
- Candidates need not have to pay any other fee when they submit the duly filled application to the institute.
Documents To Be Submitted Along With The Application
- Candidates from the reserved category like SC/ST/PH and OBC (Non-Creamy layer) candidates will have to attach a photocopy of the appropriate certificate as the proof.
- Click here for document check list for NRI category/ Foreign national
IIFT 2019 Exam Pattern
The admission test will have multiple choice questions. The questions will be in English only. The test generally covers questions under the following topics:
- Quantitative Analysis
- Logical Reasoning
- General Knowledge & Awareness
- English Comprehension
The number of questions in each section is not standard. IIFT changes it every year. In the previous year, there were 114 questions in total and in the year prior to last year, there were 123 questions. In the same way, the marking scheme is different for each section every year. However, the total mark remains the same at 100. For incorrect answers, there will be a negative marking of 1/3.
IIFT 2019 Selection Process
IIFT follows the process given below for admission of students both to the Kolkata and to the Delhi Campuses.
The selection will be based on the marks students secure in the written test, followed by Group discussion, interview and essay writing. The written test will be conducted in the 2nd December 2018 and the test will commence from 10 am and will end at 12 noon. The test will be conducted in the following cities:
- Nagpur and
On the basis of the marks they secure in written test, candidates will be called for essay writing, GD and PI. These further processes will be held in the month of 2nd week of January 2019 for admissions 2019. These processes will take place in the following cities:
Students taking up the written test from other areas will have to choose one of the above-mentioned centres for the essay writing, GD and PI sessions. The Institute reserves the right to add or delete any centre if the need arises. Reservation will be on the basis of the government norms.
For Children of NRIs/NRIs and Foreign Nationals
Admission of candidates falling under these categories will be on the basis of the GMAT score only. NRI-sponsored candidates will not be brought under this category.
IIFT 2019 Syllabus
Here are the topics covered under each of the above-mentioned sections in the IIFT Written Test:
1. Data Interpretation
- Case lets
- Pie Chart
- Line Graph
- Bar Graph
2. Logical Ability
- Input & Output
- Series & Analysis
- Coding – Decoding
- Linear Word Formation
3. Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the blanks
- Matching Word Meanings
- Reading Comprehension
- Figures of Speech
- Para Formation Questions
- Odd Word Out
4. Quantitative Ability
- SI And CI
- Permutation & Combination
- Time, Distance, Work and Heights
5. General Awareness
- International Affairs
- Awards & Awardees
IIFT Admit Card 2019
The Admit card will be sent by post by IIFT for all the applicants submitting the application forms that are complete in all respects both online and offline. Candidates can expect the admit cards in the second week of November. Candidates can also download the admit card from the website of IIFT. To download the admit card:
- On 16th November 2018, candidates who have applied can visit the website of the IIFT at http://tedu.iift.ac.in/iift/index.php.
- They can search for the link to the admit card.
- On the page that opens, they will have to provide the appropriate details that are demanded.
- Once they provide these details, they can download the admit card from the website of IIFT.
Along with the print out of the admit care, candidates will have to reach the examination hall before 9 am with one of the following documents:
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- College ID Card
- Election Card
IIFT 2019 Results
Here are the tentative dates of IIFT 2019 Results:
For the IIFT MBA (IB) entrance examination that is going to be conducted probably first week of December i.e., 2nd Dec 2018, it is expected that the results for the IIFT 2019 will be declared in the month of January 2019.
After the results are out, the scorecard is expected to be out in the first week of January 2019. It is also expected that the further rounds of admission process will happen in the month of February 2019. The final results are expected to be out in the month of April 2019.
How To Check IIFT 2019 Results?
- Candidates, who have appeared for the IIFT MBA (IB) Entrance Test, can check their results from the official website of IIFT.
- The results will be published in PDF Format
- Here, candidates can use the ‘Find’ option to type their name or roll number of IIFT 2019 to find whether they have cleared the test.
- After the results are out, once the scorecards are out, candidates can provide their digit roll number together with their Date of Birth to download the scorecard. The DOB format is DD/MM/YYYY.
- After entering the details, candidates will have to click the submit button.
- The scorecard can be downloaded and printed by candidates for the future reference.
Previous Year IIFT Cut Off
Knowing the previous year cut-off of IIFT will help candidates in somewhat judge the cut-off of this year.
|Category||Cut-off Marks (Out of 100)|