IIST 2023 Admission [Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Date] : IIST notification will be released online @www.iist.ac.in for admission to UG, PG and Ph.D. courses by Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), a deemed university which is offering quality education in the discipline of space technology, space sciences, and space applications.
IIST offers a variety of courses in UG, PG, doctoral and post-doctoral programmes. IIST registration commences after the release of notification and candidates must submit an online application form for admission.
For the admission in the desirable courses, the aspirants have to pass the JEE Main 2023 as well as JEE Advanced 2023. The admission in the undergraduate courses will be offered on the basis of the score obtained in the JEE Advanced 2023. For other courses, the score of UGC NET, JEST, and GATE examination.
IIST Admission 2023 Notification
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology will release IIST notification for admission into undergraduate programs on 07 May 2023.
IIST admission notification for Master of Science and M.Tech programs for the academic year 2023-2022 will be released online tentatively in April 2023.
IIST admission notification for admission to the Ph.D. program will be released in January 2023.
IIST Admission 2023 Programmes Offered and Seat Matrix
|Programme||Number of seats available|
|B.Tech. (Electronics & Communication Engineering)||60|
|B.Tech. (Aerospace Engineering)||60|
|B.Tech. + Master of Technology / Master of Science (Dual Degree)||20|
M.Tech. programme offered is
|Department||Name of the Programme and categories|
|Earth and Space Sciences||Geoinformatics|
|Earth System Science|
|Physics||Solid State Technology|
|Chemistry||Materials Science and Technology|
|Mathematics||Machine Learning and Computing|
|VLSI and Microsystems|
|Digital Signal Processing|
|RF and Microwave Engineering|
|Aerospace Engineering||Structures and Design|
|Aerodynamics and Flight Mechanics|
|Thermal and Propulsion|
Note – The total number of seats available in each above-mentioned programme is 6.
Master of Science Programme offered are
|Department||Name of the Programme and categories||Number of seats available|
|Earth and Space Sciences||Astronomy and Astrophysics||6|
Research departments for Ph.D. Admission
|Earth and Space Sciences|
Reservation Of Seats
According to the rules of the GOI, few seats will be reserved for the students of special categories as mentioned below
|Category||Reservation of seats (%)|
|PwD||5 (Horizontal Reservation)|
IIST 2023 Important Dates
IIST 2023 – For Undergraduate Courses
|Release of notification and admission brochure||I week of May 2023|
|Commencement of registration||IV week of May 2023|
|Last date for registration process||I week of June 2023|
|Last Date to submit the IIST application fee||June 2023|
|Declaration of rank list||Last week of June 2023|
|Commencement of counselling||I week of July 2023|
IIST 2023 – For Postgraduate Courses
|Beginning of online submission of application form||I week of April 2023|
|Last date for submission of IIST PG application form||Last week of April 2023|
|Last date for submission of application fee||I week of May 2023|
|Release of list for shortlisted candidates for Test/Interview||III week of May 2023|
|Date of Interview||I week of June 2023|
|Commencement of counselling||III week of June 2023|
For Ph.D. Courses (January session)
|Release of application form for the Ph. D||I week of December 2022|
|Last date for the submission of application form||III week of December 2022|
|Last date for the submission of application fee||III week of December 2022|
|Release of list for shortlisted candidates for Test/Interview||IV week of December 2022|
|Date of Interview||Last week of December 2022|
|Commencement of counselling||II week of January 2023|
IIST 2023 Eligibility
Eligibility for UG Courses
- The applicants must have the citizenship of India.
- Should be born on or after 1st Oct 1994 [1st Oct 1989 for PwD / ST / SC candidates]
- The aspirants must have passed the class 12th from the recognized Board of the country with the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- They must have scored at least 75% marks in Board exams. However, the reserved category should have at least 65% marks.
- They must have the qualified JEE Main 2023 and JEE advanced 2023.
Eligibility for PG Courses
- The applicants must have the citizenship of India.
- The upper age limit for the candidates is 32 years as on 30th April 2023 for the candidates of General Category. However, the candidates of the reserved category have the privilege of relaxation in age. PwD / SC / ST category can opt for age relaxation as per the rules of Government of India. No age relaxation for women and OBC applicants.
- The aspirants must have the degree of Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Technology, MS, M. Sc., or any equivalent degree.
- They must have scored the minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA. However, for the candidates of the reserved category, a minimum of 55% marks are required.
- They must have the valid score card of UGC NET/ JEST/ GATE in the relevant area.
Note- For programme wise minimum qualifications, please refer to official website or click here www.iist.ac.in/admissions/postgraduate/regular
Eligibility for Ph.D. Programme
- Candidate should be a citizen of India
- As of 14 Nov 2022, the candidate should be below 35 years. Age relaxation is applicable as per Government Rules.
- For minimum qualifications, please refer to official website or click here www.iist.ac.in/admissions/phd/regular
IIST 2023 Application Form
The interested candidates will apply for the desired course via online mode. IIST application form will be filled online on the official website. There is no offline mode of filling and submitting the IIST application form.
IIST 2023 – How To Fill Application?
The candidates will fill all the required details which are asked in the application form. They will fil personal and educational details. They also have to upload the scanned images of signature, photograph, medical certificate, and caste certificate.
They also have to make the payment of application fees. The application fees are as follows:
1. UG Courses
- General Category: RS 250 per course
- SC/ST/PWS/Women: RS 125 per course
2. PG courses
- General Category: RS 600 per Department
- SC/ST/PWS/Women: RS 300 per Department
3. Ph.D. programmes
- General Category: Rs. 700/- per Department
- SC / ST / PWD / Women: Rs. 350/- per Department
Mode of payment
Applicants will have to pay the application fee online through ‘SBI Collect’ only. The application fee is non-refundable.
List Of Documents
- Caste Certificate
- Medical Certificate
IIST 2023 Selection Process
The admission in different courses depends on personal counseling which is entirely on the basis of merit. After the completion of the registration process, the institute will release the admission list. The candidates who have registered themselves will be eligible for the admission.
For admission into the Undergraduate programs – 2023, the aspirants will have to appear and pass the JEE Main 2023 as well as JEE Advanced 2023 which will be conducted by National Testing Agency and IITs respectively. The admission in the undergraduate courses will be offered on the basis of the score obtained in the JEE Advanced 2023.
The final selection of candidates for UG Programmes at IIST will be based on an admission rank list which will be prepared by IIST only for those aspirants who register online through IIST’s official admission website. This admission list will be prepared after considering marks obtained by applicants in JEE Advanced 2023.
- Final selection of candidates for admission to PG programmes under Aerospace Engineering and Avionics department will be based on a rank list which will be prepared based on their GATE scores
- The final selection of candidates for admission to PG programmes under Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Earth, and Space Sciences department will be based on a written test/interview. Shortlisting of candidates for written test/interview will based on valid GATE / JEST / UGC NET score.
For admission to the Ph.D. programme, selection procedure is different and depends on the candidate’s highest qualifying degree.
|Highest qualifying degree||Selection procedure|
|M.E / M. Tech.||Written screening test followed by an interview|
|M.E / M. Tech. along with either CSIR-NET Lectureship or CSIR-NET Lectureship||Interview|
|Master’s degree in Sciences and cleared any national level eligibility test||Interview|
|Master’s Degree in Social Sciences / Management / Humanities||Interview|
Note- For more details on the selection procedure of the IIST Ph.D. Programme, please refer to the official website or click here www.iist.ac.in/admissions/Ph.D./regular.
IIST 2023 Cut Off/ Qualifying Marks
It is the minimum marks required by the candidates in JEE Advanced 2023 to get eligible for the admission in UG courses.
IIST B.Tech Expected Cut Off
To be eligible for admission to B.Tech. Programmes in IIST, candidates will have to score the following prescribed minimum marks in JEE Advanced 2023
|S.No||Category||% of marks in each subject||Minimum aggregate marks in JEE Advanced 2019|
|4.||Persons with Disability||2.5%||10%|
|5.||Other Backward Community- Non Creamy Layer OBC-NCL)||4.5%||18%|
Opening & Closing Percentage of JEE Advanced 2022 marks.
|Category||B.Tech. + Master of Technology / Master of Science (Dual Degree)||B.Tech. (Electronics and Communication)||B.Tech. (Aerospace Engineering)|
Opening & Closing Percentage of JEE Advanced 2017 marks.
|Category||B.Tech. (Aerospace Engineering) (in %)||B.Tech. (Avionics)** (in %)||B.Tech. + Master of Technology / Master of Science (Dual Degree) (in %)|
** From 2022 onwards, this program has been renamed as B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering (with specialization in Avionics)
IIST 2023 FAQs
Q. When Will Admission Brochure For UG Programmes Gets Released?
A. IIST admission brochure for UG programmes will be released on May 07, 2023.
Q. What Are The Dates Of Registration For Admission To UG Programmes Of IIST?
A. May 22 and June 05 of 2023 are the opening and closing dates of online registration.
Q. What Is The URL Of IIST’s Official Website?
A. www.iist.ac.in is the URL of IIST’s official website.
Q. What Are The Eligibility Conditions To Apply For B.Tech. Course?
A. To apply for B.Tech. course, you must fulfill the following conditions
- Born on or after October 1, 1994
- Passed in class XII or equivalent examination with at least 75% aggregate marks.
- Must have studied at least 5 subjects in class XII out of which Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics are compulsory subjects
- Qualified in JEE main 2023 and JEE advanced 2023
Q. How Can I Pay The Application Fee?
A. Candidates can pay the application fee through online mode only.
Q. What Are The Documents Needed To Upload In The Online Application?
A. In an online application, candidates are required to upload scanned copies of signature, photo, medical, and caste certificate (if applicable).