IMU CET 2021 : IMU CET is conducted for admission to the various UG and PG courses at the Indian Maritime University and its affiliated colleges every year. IMUCET 2021 notification will be released in April 2021 and the IMU common entrance test registration commences from the 1st week of April 2021 and the last date to apply online is May/June 2021.
Indian Maritime University is one of the central universities in India which came into existence in the year 2008. The university is a teaching-cum-affiliating university functioning under the aegis of the Ministry of Shipping of Government of India. The university has branches in different cities in India with Chennai as the headquarters.
The purpose of this university is to promote maritime studies, extension, research and training. A special focus is laid by the university on the emerging areas like maritime security, maritime laws, maritime history, oceanography, transportation of dangerous cargo etc. The university has nearly 21 affiliated colleges.
IMU Common Entrance Test 2021
The IMU CET is conducted separately for various courses as mentioned below by the university.
- CET for UG Courses like
- B. Tech in
- Marine Engineering
- Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering
- B. Sc in
- Nautical Science
- Maritime Science
- Ship Building & Repair
- Diploma in Nautical Science
- B. Tech in
- CET For MBA in
- International Transportation & Logistics
- Port & Shipping Management
- CET for Admissions to the 50% of seats for the non-seafarer Candidates to M. Sc (Commercial Shipping & Logistics) Course.
- CET for M. Tech in
- Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering
- Dredging & Harbour Engineering
- Marine Engineering & Management
IMU CET 2021 Important Dates
As the dates for the Indian Maritime University CET 2021 is yet to be out. However, here are the tentative dates for the CET 2021 to help candidates planning to apply in 2021:
|Date of Commencement of online registration||Around the 6th of April 2021||First Week of April 2021|
|Last Date to apply online, except for BBA course||Around the 20th of June 2021||Around 10th of May 2021|
|Hall Tickets to Download||-||Middle of May 2021|
|Date of Computer-Based CET||-||First Week of June 2021|
|Date of publication of results||-||Within two or three days after the examination.|
|Dates of online counselling for all courses||-||Within two or three days after the publication of results.|
|Last date to register for online counselling for all UG courses except BBA and all PG courses||-||Around the 20th of June 2021|
|Publication of the first list of selected candidates||Around the 23rd of June 2021||Around the 23rd of June 2021|
|Deadline for payment of course fee for candidates selected in the first list.||Around the 4th of July 2021||Around the 4th of July 2021|
|Publication of the second list of selected candidates||Around the 06th of July 2021||Around the 06th of July 2021|
|Deadline for payment of course fee for candidates selected in the second list.||Around the 13th of July 2021||Around the 13th of July 2021|
|Publication of the third list of selected candidates (if necessary)||Around the 14th of July 2021||Around the 14th of July 2021|
|Deadline for payment of course fee for candidates selected in the third list.||Around the 21st of July 2021||Around the 21st of July 2021|
|Certificate Verification at the campus allotted||Last week of July 2021.||Last week of July 2021.|
|Commencement of Programme||In the First Week of August 2021||In the First Week of August 2021|
IMU CET 2021 Notification
Interested candidates can start checking the official website of the Indian Maritime University around the last week of March 2021. They will find the notification if the university has published about the starting date of the application process from the website of the university.
IMUCET 2021 Notification Pdf
IMU CET 2021 Eligibility
As the CET is conducted for the admission of students to different courses, the eligibility requirements differ from one course to another:
B. Tech and B. Sc
The applicants must have completed their higher secondary or equivalent with at least 60% of marks in Physics, Chemistry and mathematics. Also, they should have secured at least 50% of marks in English subject at the 10th and 12th examinations. For SC/ST candidates, a relaxation of 5% is applicable to the required percentage of marks. However, the relaxation is not applicable to English paper.
B. Sc (Ship Building & Repair)
The other requirements remain the same. The difference here is that candidates are expected to have at least 50% of marks in PCM as against 60% applicable for other B. Sc. courses.
The applicants must have completed their degree in any discipline. They must have secured at least 50% of marks from a recognized university. Also, they must have secured at least 50% of marks in English paper at the 10th and 12th examinations. A relaxation of 5% is applicable to reserved category candidates.
Candidates must have completed their engineering graduation. They can be from any background like Naval Architecture, Marine, Civil, Mechanical or its equivalent branch. They must have secured at least 60% of aggregate marks. A relaxation of 5% is applicable to reserved category candidates.
For M. Tech in Marine Engineering & Management
The applicants must have completed their B.E/B. Tech in any of the following three branches. They are Naval Architecture, Mechanical Engineering and Marine Engineering. They should have secured at least 60% of marks in the qualifying degree.
Candidates, who are associate members of Engineers Part A and Part B in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 60% of marks are also eligible.
Candidates with MEO Class I Certificate of competency are also eligible to apply. In case of reserved category candidates, a relaxation of 5% of marks is applicable. However, candidates irrespective of their category will have to appear and clear the CET test for admission. Nevertheless, candidates with the prescribed GRE/GATE score are exempted from taking the CET test.
IMU CET 2021 Application Form
Candidates now get the chance to fill the application form for CET online from the official website of the university. The official website of the university is www.imu.edu.in.
How To Apply? – IMU CET 2021
- Candidates will have to apply online.
- Before applying online, candidates will have to first register with the Website of Indian Maritime University
- Once they register candidates can apply online
- The university offers the facility to upload photographs, scanned signature and scanned copy of the class X mark sheet as proof of their Date of Birth
- Also, they can upload the scanned copy of the 12th Standard/Degree certificate, wherever applicable
- Also, they will have to upload the scanned copy of their caste certificate if applicable
- Also, once the documents are uploaded, they will have to pay the application fee online
- Finally, they will have to download and print the filled-in application in standard formats
- They can start applying online from the official website of IMU by clicking on the link that shows CET June 2021
- After successful registration, candidates will get a confirmation on their registered mobile number as SMS. They will also get the confirmation on the registered E-Mail ID
- An application registration fee of Rs.10000 is charged once at the time of admission. However, this amount will be collected only from admitted candidates
IMU CET 2021 Exam Pattern
The pattern is different for different courses for which CET is conducted. The details are as follows:
- CET for UG Courses: The paper will have 200 Multiple Choice Questions.
- CET For MBA: This test will have 120 questions. The questions will be multiple choice format.
- CET for M. Tech: This test will have 120 multiple choice questions.
There will not be any negative marking for wrong answers. The university reserves the right to change the level of difficulty, types, distribution etc. of the questions asked in the CET for the above-mentioned courses.
Read: JNUEE 2021
IMU CET 2021 Selection Process
Candidates are selected through the performance in the objective examination. Merit list will be prepared and candidates will be called for counseling.
IMU CET 2021 Syllabus
- CET for UG Courses
- Mathematics at +2 level
- General Aptitude
- CET For MBA
- Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
- Quantitative Ability
- CET for M. Tech
- One of Civil, Marine, Naval Architecture or Mechanical Engineering.
IMU CET 2021 Admit Cards
Candidates can expect the IMU CET admit cards to be uploaded to the university website in the middle of May 2021. However, once the admit cards are available the university will notify the applicants by sending an SMS to their registered phone number.
Further, they will also get the notification to their registered Email ID automatically. So, candidates will have to keep checking SMS and Email. Here is how to download the admit card
- Candidates will have to visit the official website of the university
- On the homepage, they will find a link to the hall tickets 2021
- They will have to click on this link and should provide their registration details to login
- From the resulting page, they can download the admit card
- They should take a print of this card and should carry the same to the examination hall.
IMU CET 2021 Results
Candidates can expect the IMU CET results within two or three days after the test. The university will publish the results within a maximum of five days. They will get an SMS and Email once the results are out. They can check the results by:
- Visiting the website of the university
- Then, they will have to click on the appropriate link that shows CET Results 2021
- In the resulting page, they will have to provide their registration details and should click the submit button
- The resulting page will show the marks they have secured.
The results for the CET exam will be out with a maximum of 5 days after the examination. Based on the results of the test, selected candidates will be called for counseling. They will have to bring the original certificates to the time allocated by the university at the allotted place.
Seats are reserved for the candidates belonging to SC, ST, OBC and Differently abled as given below.
- SC -15%
- ST -7.5%
- OBC -27%
- DA -3%