Indian Army is one of the largest components of the Indian Armed Forces. It is a land-based branch of the Indian Armed forces commanded by the COAS (also known as Chief of Army Staff). The Indian Army was originated from the armies of East Indian Company. The main objective of the Indian Army is to maintain national unity, security, and peace within Indian borders.
TES 2018 Official Notification
Each year, the Indian Army recruits young candidates for the grant of permanent commission in the Army. For the year 2018, the Indian Army has invited applications from single male candidates for the 10+2 Technical Entry Scheme course-38 & 39 commencing from Jan & Jul 2018. The Indian Army has already released official notification. To view or download it, click at below given links-
- 10+2 TECHNICAL ENTRY SCHEME COURSE – 38 (commencing from Jan 2018)
- 10+2 TECHNICAL ENTRY SCHEME COURSE – 39 (commencing from Jul 2018)
TES 2018 Important Dates
10+2 TES 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Age limit – candidates applying for Indian Army 10+2 TES (Jan 2018) course should not be less than 16 ½ and 19 ½ years in age which means not born after 1 Jul 2001 and before 1 July 1998. On the other hand, candidates applying for Indian Army 10+2 TES (Jul 2018) course should not be less than 16 ½ and 19 ½ years in age which means not born after 1 Jan 2002 and before 1 Jan 1999. All the candidates must note down that only the DOB as written in 10+2/10th examination mark sheet/certificate or an equivalent document will be accepted.
- Nationality – Candidates applying for TES 2018 course must be single not married and an Indian citizen is eligible for TES 2018. A subject of Nepal or Bhutan is also eligible for Indian Army TES 2018. Indian origin candidates migrated from Vietnam, Ethiopia, Zaire, Malawi, Zambia, the United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, and the East African countries of Kenya & Sri Lanka, Burma and Pakistan are also eligible to apply.
- Educational Qualifications – Candidates applying for Indian Army TES 2018 (Jan or Jul) must passed in 10+2/Intermediate or its equivalent from a recognized board/college with at least aggregate of 70% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
Note – all the candidates applying for Indian Army TES 2018 (Jan or Jul) are required to know that they can’t marry until they complete their full training. If a candidate marries during training period, he shall be discharged from the training immediately.
10+2 TES 2018 Total Vacancies
For both Jan & Jul 2018 sessions, the Indian Army is going to recruit 90 candidates for the grant of permanent commission in the Indian Army. However, the count of vacancies is provisional, can be decreased/increased on the basis of availability of seats at the training Academy.
10+2 TES 2018 Application Fee
There is no application fee of Indian Army TES 2018. However, after final selection a candidate needs to pay a fee of Rs 8785 per week during his stay at the officer training Academy, Gaya training Wing/Academy.
Indian Army 10+2 TES 2018 Application Form
All the candidates interested for TES 10+2 2018 (any session) are required to know that only online application forms will be accepted. To know more, candidates are advised to visit Indian Army official website.
How To Fill Indian Army TES 2018 Application Form?
- First, you need to visit Indian Army official website by clicking here
- Now, read information bulletin along with ‘terms & conditions’ of TES 2018- July & Jan 2018 sessions.
- Now you need to enter particulars in the online application form and submit
- After form submission, you will get an acknowledgement along with a roll number
- In case, if you didn’t get any auto-generated roll number, it means your form is not accepted by the system
- After online form submission, you need to take print out of application form and roll number and carry it to the selection centre for the SSB interview along with the following documents- original photo ID, 12th/10th original mark sheet & certificates. All the candidates are recommended to keep one copy of application form with them for his reference. Candidates don’t send print out to the Directorate General of recruiting.
- Along with this, a candidate need to bring 20 PP size photos with the application
- All the candidates must note down that multiple form submission will result in cancellation of candidature
- While filling online application form, you need to fill up exact PCM % of class 12th/intermediate
Note – all the candidates are advised to read the respective session notification carefully before applying online to avoid mistakes
List Of Documents Needed While Filling Online Application Form and At The Time Of SSB Interview
- 10th/12th mark sheet or certificate
- Valid email ID and mobile number
- Original ID proof, Duly signed application form, essential documents, and 20 PP size photos at the time of SSB interview
Indian Army TES 2018 Selection Process
On the basis of percentage, the integrated HQ of MoD (Army) will prepare a list of shortlisted candidates. After this, all the shortlisted candidates will be allotted a centre and the same will be communicated through their mail. Candidates allotted with a selection centre need to login to the Indian Army web portal and lock their SSB interview dates. Shortlisted candidates need to appear in SSB interview process on the basis of cut off percentage at the following SSB selection centre- Kapurthala (Punjab), Bengaluru (Karnataka), Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh), and Allahabad (Uttar Pradesh). At any of the SSB selection centre, you will be screened by interviewing officer, group testing officer and psychologist.
All the shortlisted candidates need to appear in two stage selection process- Stage I & II. To appear in Stage II, you need to qualify Stage I. 5 days is the duration of SSB interview. Further details are available at official website of Indian Army.
Indian Army TES 2018 Results
After whole interview procedure, the SSB will select final list of medically fit candidates. The final selected applicants will get a joining letter issued by the SSB in the order of merit.
Indian Army TES 2018 Training
A candidate will get total 5-years training in two stages. Stage I will be basic military training. The duration of this training is one year and held at officer training academy, Gaya. Stage II will be technical training of 4-years duration. On successful completion of training, you will be approved for Permanent Commission in the Army in the rank of lieutenant.