Indian Bank PO 2018 : Complete information is available here. All the banking job aspirants must pay attention to this post as below we have explained everything about Indian Bank PO 2018 like date of release of official notification, eligibility criteria, no. of seats, how to apply with procedure for applying online, application fees / intimation charges & mode of payment, call letters, selection process, examination centres & dates, results, cutoff score etc.
Indian Bank announces this year’s biggest recruitment exercise for the post of probationary officers through a 1 year PG Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF) programme at Indian Bank Manipal School of Banking (IBMSB). Admission to the PGDBF course will be done through a proper selection process consisting of the following stages
- Stage I online preliminary examination
- Stage II online main examination
- Stage III Personal interview
Indian Bank PO 2018 Official Notification
Few days back, the General Manager (HRM & HRD) at Indian Bank has released an official notification for recruitment of young and bright graduates on the post of probationary officer. To download / view or read it now, please click here.
As per official notification, Indian Bank will select total 417 candidates for admission to 1 year PGDBF course at IBMSB. Out of which, 62 seats will be for SC applicants, 31 for ST, 112 for OBC and 212 for general candidates. However, all these numbers of vacancies / seats are provisional and may change as per Bank’s requirement.
Indian Bank PO Recruitment 2018 Overview
|Name of the examination||Indian Bank Recruitment of Probationary Officers 2018|
|Also known as||Indian Bank P.O. 2018|
|Conducted by||Indian Bank|
|Purpose of examination||For admission to 1 year PGDBF course at IBMSB|
|No. of seats||417|
|Opening & closing dates for Online registration, edit / modification of application and payment of fees / charges||1st to 27th of August, 2018|
|Admit card of online preliminary examination shall be available to download from||After 24th of September 2018|
|Online preliminary exam will be on||6th of October 2018|
|Preliminary examination result will be announced on||17th of October 2018|
|Admit card of online main examination shall be available to download from||22nd of October 2018|
|Online main examination will be on||4th of November 2018|
|Main examination result will be announced on||To be notified soon|
|Personal interview shall be on||-|
|Final result announcement||-|
|Apply online @||www.indianbank.in|
Indian Bank PO 2018 Eligibility Criteria (As on 1 August 2018)
- Minimum age – 20 years
- Maximum age – 30 years
Relaxation in Upper Age Limit
|Category||Age relaxation (in years)|
|ST / SC applicants||5|
|OBC applicants of non-creamy layer||3|
|Applicants affected by 1984 riots||5|
|Applicants who were living in J&K state during 1 Jan 1980 to 31 Dec 1989||5|
|Persons with disabilities||15 (SC / ST)|
Applicant must have a graduation degree in any stream / discipline of any recognized University. Candidates having qualification equivalent to graduation are also eligible to apply.
Application fees / intimation charges and mode of payment
- For SC / ST / PWD candidates – Rs. 100/-
- For all other candidates – Rs. 600/-
- Mode of payment for all the applicants is online through debit / credit cards, internet banking, mobile wallets / cash cards, IMPS etc.
Indian Bank PO 2018 Application Form & Applying Online
To apply, you are required to visit the website of Indian Bank. At the website, you will have to go through a registration process for submission of online application. Then payment of application fee should be done. The entire procedure for applying online is explained below in few steps
- Open Indian Bank’s official website
How To Apply?
- Open the website of Indian Bank or click here
- On homepage, you will see different images, links, tabs etc.
- Find and click on ‘Careers’ link; it is available on the top of the homepage
- On clicking the said link, once again, you will see a new page having few links
- Now, click on link ‘DETAILED ADVERTISMENT FOR RECRUITMENT OF PROBATIONARY OFFICERS THROUGH ON BOARDING’ to read official advertisement
- After reading official advertisement, now, click on link ‘CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR PO ON BOARDING’
- You will see a new page having important dates and tab for new registration
- All the new users will have to go through an online registration system to apply for Indian Bank P.O. 2018
- So, click on tab ‘Click here for New Registration’
- You will see a new page with ‘important points to be noted’
- Firstly, read all the important points
- Then click on ‘Continue’ tab
- Enter your basic details such as ‘First name’, ‘Middle Name’, ‘Mobile No’, ‘Email ID’ etc.
- Now, type the security code as shown
- Click on tab ‘Save & Next’
- Instantly, you will get a text message to your registered mobile no. having provisional registration no. & password
- Now, upload scanned file of your photograph and signature (before uploading files, read guidelines given on the same page)
- After uploading files, now click on ‘Next’ tab
- Select your ‘Category’ and other options
- Select personal details such as date of birth, gender, marital status etc.
- Enter your father’s / mother’s name, address for correspondence, permanent address etc.
- Click on tab ‘Validate your details’ to verify / check details
- Make changes if required
- Otherwise, click on ‘Save & Next’ tab
- Enter your qualification details and work experience details (if any)
- Then click on ‘Save & Next’ tab
- Preview details
- Select any of the given payment options and make payment
- Print your final submitted application form
Indian Bank PO 2018 Selection Process
- Stage I Preliminary Examination
- Stage II Main Examination
- Stage III Interview
Stage I Preliminary Examination
It will be conducted on 6 October 2018 at several examination centres across the nation. It will be a computer based test having 100 objective type questions, each of 1 mark & maximum marks will be 100 marks. There will be three tests – English language, Quantitative Aptitude & Reasoning Ability. To qualify preliminary examination, examinees will have to score minimum cut-off marks in each of the 3 tests. Minimum cut-off mark for each test will be decided by Bank after conducting preliminary examination. To solve all the questions available in all the tests, candidates will get 1 hour. Test wise no. of questions and syllabi are given below
|Name of Tests / Medium of Exam (Not by Sequence)||No. of MCQs||Syllabus / topics|
|Reasoning Ability / English & Hindi||35||Logical reasoning, coding / decoding, input / output, alphanumeric series, blood relations problems, ranking / direction / alphabet test, syllogism, data sufficiency, tabulation, coded inequalities, seating arrangement etc.|
|Quantitative Ability/ English & Hindi||35||Simplification, permutation, combination & probability, sequence & series, profit & loss, number systems, mixtures & alligations, ratio & proportion, percentage, simple interest & compound interest & surds & indices, data interpretation, work & time, work & time, mensuration – cylinder, cone, sphere etc.|
|English Language / English||30||Reading comprehension, paragraph completion, error spotting / multiple meaning, fill in the blanks, miscellaneous, para jumbles, cloze test etc.|
Preliminary examination will be conducted in / at the following cities / places- Patna, Muzaffarpur, Gaya, Darbhanga, Bhagalpur, Guwahati, Naharlagun, Vishakhapatnam, Vijayawada, Tirupati, Rajahmundry, Jammu, Una, Shimla, Panipat, Ambala, Vadodara, Rajkot, Gandhinagar, Ahmedabad, Panaji, Delhi & New Delhi, Raipur, Bilaspur, Ujjain, Sagar, Gwalior, Bhopal, Kavaratti, Thiruvananthpuram, Kozhikode, Kochi, Mangalore, Hubli, Dharwad, Belgaum, Bengaluru, Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Dhanbad, Gangtok, Jodhpur, Jaipur, Jaipur, Alwar, Ajmer, Patiala, Mohali, Lucknow, Jhansi, Agra, Bareilly, Allahabad, Agartala, Hyderabad etc.
Stage II Main Examination
Candidates qualified in Stage I preliminary examination will be called to appear for main examination. There will be five tests in main examination. Structure of each test is given below
|Name of Tests / Medium of Exam (Not by Sequence)||No. of MCQs / Maximum marks||Duration (in minutes)||Syllabus / topics|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation/ English & Hindi||35 / 60||45||Permutation & combination, probability, data sufficiency, let it case DI, missing case DI, radar graph caselet, bar / tabular / line graph, pie chart etc.|
|English Language / English||35 / 40||40||Fill in the blanks, error spotting, cloze test, para jumbles, sentence improvement, word association, reading comprehension, grammar, vocabulary, verbal ability etc.|
|General / Economy / Banking Awareness (English & Hindi)||40 / 40||35||Banking & financial awareness, static awareness, national / international current affairs, financial awareness, general knowledge etc.|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude / English & Hindi||45 / 60||60||Computer fundamentals / terminologies, networking, operating system, computer hardware, Microsoft office, computer abbreviation, keyboard shortcuts, internet etc.|
logical reasoning, coding / decoding, input / output, alphanumeric series, blood relations problems, ranking / direction / alphabet test, syllogism, data sufficiency, tabulation, coded inequalities, seating arrangement etc.
|Total||155 / 200||180 minutes (3 hours)|
|English Language (Letter Writing & Essay) / English||2 / 100||30 minutes||In this test, candidates will have to write one Essay and one letter on the given topics.|
Like preliminary examination, Stage II main examination will be also conducted in online mode on 4 November 2018 at the following centres- Greater Kolkata, Dehradun, Varanasi, Jhansi, Allahabad, Agra, Agartala, Hyderabad, Vellore, Thiruchirapalli, Coimbatore, Chennai, Gangtok, Jaipur, Ajmer, Ludhiana, Puducherry, Bhubaneshwar, Kohima, Aizawl, Shilong, Imphal, Pune, Mumbai/Thane/Navi Mumbai, Bhopal, Kavaratti, Thiruvananthpuram, Bengaluru, Ranchi, Jammu, Shimla, Panipat, Ahmedabad, Panaji, Delhi & New Delhi, Raipur, Chandigarh, Patna, Guwahati, Vishakhapatnam and Port Blair.
Few points applicable to both Stage I & II examinations
- Negative marking for wrong answers. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- In the examination hall, candidates should bring their valid call letter, original photo ID proof and one photocopy of photo ID proof
- Candidates reached after reporting time will not be permitted to appear in the examination. Reporting time will be mentioned on call letter.
Stage III Interview
Candidates qualified in Stage II main examination will be eligible to take part in the interview. Date for interview is still not decided and disclosed by Bank. Interview will be held at selected centres. Interview will be for 100 marks. Qualifying marks for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates will be 35 % and for 40 % for general candidates. Date, time, place and other things of interview will be informed to the eligible candidates by email or SMS. At the time of interview, shortlisted candidates will have to bring and produce all their original documents. A list of documents to be produced will be given in the call letter.
Final selection of candidates for Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF) course of 1-year duration at Indian Bank Manipal School of Banking (IBMSB) will be done on the basis of a merit list to be prepared by considering marks scored by the aspirants in the Main Examination and Interview.
Indian Bank PO 2018 Call letter
Aspirants can download their call letters for the preliminary exam, main exam & personal interview from the bank’s website. Bank will issue call letters to all qualified aspirants through electronic mode only. Bank will not send hard copy of call letters by post / courier. The process to download call letters for the preliminary exam, main exam & personal interview from the bank’s website will be same which is explained below.
How To Download Indian Bank PO 2018 Admit Card ?
- Open Indian Bank official website or click here
- Open ‘Careers’ page
- Find and click on the relevant link
- Enter your registration number & password/ date of birth
- Submit all the details by clicking tab ‘Submit’
- You will see your call letter
- Download and print it
Indian Bank PO 2018 Cutoff Score
Final cutoff scores will be decided by Bank. To get latest updates, you are requested to visit the website of Indian Bank.
Indian Bank PO 2018 Results
Bank will separately release and announce results. Dates are given below-
- Stage I preliminary examination result will be announced on 17 October 2018
- Stage II main examination result will be announced after few days from the date of examination
- Stage III interview results announcement date is still not released
For more details, Indian Bank P.O. 2018 aspirants are requested to go through official notification.
We wish you Best of Luck for Indian Bank Recruitment of Probationary Officers 2018