Indian Bank PO 2021 [Apply Online, Syllabus] : Indian Bank invites online application forms from eligible candidates for Probationary Officer posts through 1 year PG Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF) programme. Indian Bank PO notification is expected to be released in August 2021. Candidates can apply online before the last date of registration on the official website to appear in the Indian bank PO recruitment exam.
Read further to know details like date of release of official notification, eligibility criteria, no. of seats, apply online, application fees & mode of payment, call letters, selection process, examination centres & dates, results, cut off score etc.
Indian Bank announces recruitment exercise for the post of probationary officers through a 1 year PG Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF) programme at Indian Bank Manipal School of Banking (IBMSB) in August 2021. Admission to the PGDBF course will be done through a competitive selection process consisting of the following stages.
- Stage I : Online Preliminary Examination
- Stage II : Online Main Examination
- Stage III : Personal Interview
Indian Bank PO 2021 Notification
General Manager (HRM & HRD) at Indian Bank will release an official notification for the recruitment of young and bright graduates on the post of probationary officer. Candidates can check eligibility conditions and apply online to appear in the recruitment process.
Download Indian Bank PO Notification Pdf 2021
Indian Bank will select total of 417 candidates for admission to 1 year PGDBF course at IBMSB. Out of which, 62 seats will be for SC applicants, 31 for ST, 112 for OBC and 212 for general candidates. However, all these numbers of vacancies/seats are provisional and may change as per the Bank’s requirement.
Indian Bank PO Recruitment 2021 Overview
|Name of the examination||Indian Bank Recruitment of Probationary Officers 2021|
|Also known as||Indian Bank PO 2021|
|Conducted by||Indian Bank|
|Purpose of examination||For admission to 1 year PGDBF course at IBMSB|
|No. of seats||417|
|Online Registration||August 2021|
|Admit card of preliminary examination||September 2021|
|Prelim Exam||1st week of Oct 2021|
|Preliminary examination result||3rd week of October 2021|
|Admit card of online main examination||3rd week of October 2021|
|Online main examination||1st week of November 2021|
|Main examination result||To be notified|
|Personal interview||To be notified|
|Final result announcement||To be notified|
|Apply online @||www.indianbank.in|
Indian Bank PO 2021 Eligibility Criteria (As on 1 August 2021)
Indian Bank PO eligibility 2021 in terms of age limit and educational qualification is given below.
Candidates must have a minimum age of 20 years and cannot be more than 30 years as on 1st August 2021.
- Minimum age – 20 years
- Maximum age – 30 years
Candidates belonging to certain categories will have age relaxation in their upper age limit as follows.
|Category||Age relaxation (in years)|
|ST / SC applicants||5|
|OBC applicants of non-creamy layer||3|
|Applicants affected by 1984 riots||5|
|Applicants who were living in J&K state during 1 Jan 1980 to 31 Dec 1989||5|
|Persons with disabilities||15 (SC / ST)|
Applicant must have a graduation degree in any stream/discipline of any recognized University. Candidates having qualification equivalent to graduation are also eligible to apply.
Indian Bank PO application fee for various categories are as follows.
- For SC / ST / PWD candidates – Rs. 100/-
- For all other candidates – Rs. 600/-
Mode of payment for all the applicants is online through debit/credit cards, internet banking, mobile wallets/cash cards, IMPS etc.
Indian Bank PO 2021 Application Form
Candidates should apply on the website of Indian Bank. Go through a registration process for submission of online application along with payment of application fee. The entire procedure for applying online is explained below in a few steps.
Indian Bank PO 2021 : How To Apply Online?
- Open the website of Indian Bank or click here
- On the homepage, you will see different images, links, tabs etc.
- Find and click on ‘Careers’ link; it is available on the top of the homepage
- On clicking the said link, once again, you will see a new page having few links
- Now, click on link ‘DETAILED ADVERTISEMENT FOR RECRUITMENT OF PROBATIONARY OFFICERS THROUGH ONBOARDING’ to read the official advertisement
- After reading the official advertisement, now, click on link ‘CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR PO ONBOARDING’
- You will see a new page having important dates and tab for new registration
- All the new users will have to go through an online registration system to apply for Indian Bank P.O. 2021
- So, click on the tab ‘Click here for New Registration’
- You will see a new page with ‘important points to be noted’
- Firstly, read all the important points
- Then click on ‘Continue’ tab
- Enter your basic details such as ‘First name’, ‘Middle Name’, ‘Mobile No’, ‘Email ID’ etc.
- Now, type the security code as shown
- Click on the tab ‘Save & Next’
- Instantly, you will get a text message to your registered mobile no. having provisional registration no. & password
- Now, upload scanned file of your photograph and signature (before uploading files, read guidelines given on the same page)
- After uploading files, now click on the ‘Next’ tab
- Select your ‘Category’ and other options
- Select personal details such as date of birth, gender, marital status etc.
- Enter your father’s / mother’s name, address for correspondence, permanent address etc.
- Click on the tab ‘Validate your details’ to verify/check details
- Make changes if required
- Otherwise, click on ‘Save & Next’ tab
- Enter your qualification details and work experience details (if any)
- Then click on ‘Save & Next’ tab
- Preview details
- Select any of the given payment options and make payment
- Print your final submitted application form
Indian Bank PO 2021 Exam Pattern
Indian Bank PO recruitment will have 3 stages,
- Stage I Preliminary Examination
- Stage II Main Examination
- Stage III Interview
Stage I Preliminary Examination
- Indian Bank PO prelim exam will be a computer based test having 100 objective type questions
- Each question carries 1 mark & maximum marks will be 100.
- There will be three tests – English language, Quantitative Aptitude & Reasoning Ability.
- To qualify the preliminary examination, the candidate will have to score minimum cut-off marks in each of the 3 tests.
- Minimum cut-off marks for each test will be decided by Bank after conducting the preliminary examination.
- The time duration of the exam will be 1 hour.
- Negative marking for wrong answers is applicable. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|Name of Tests / Medium of Exam (Not by Sequence)||No. of MCQs||Max. Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning Ability / English & Hindi||35||35||1 Hour|
|Quantitative Ability/ English & Hindi||35||35|
|English Language / English||30||30|
Stage II Main Examination
Candidates qualified in Stage I preliminary examination will be called to appear for the main examination. There will be five tests in the main examination. Negative marking for wrong answers is applicable. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. Structure of each test is given below.
|Name of Tests / Medium of Exam (Not by Sequence)||No. of MCQs / Maximum marks||Duration (in minutes)|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation/ English & Hindi||35 / 60||45|
|English Language / English||35 / 40||40|
|General / Economy / Banking Awareness (English & Hindi)||40 / 40||35|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude / English & Hindi||45 / 60||60|
|Total||155 / 200||180 minutes (3 hours)|
|English Language (Letter Writing & Essay) / English||2 / 100||30 minutes|
- In the examination hall, candidates should bring their valid call letter, original photo ID proof and one photocopy of photo ID proof
- Candidates reached after reporting time will not be permitted to appear in the examination. Reporting time will be mentioned in the call letter.
Stage III Interview
- Candidates qualified in Stage II main examination will be eligible to take part in the interview.
- The interview will be for 100 marks.
- Qualifying marks for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates will be 35 % and for 40 % for General candidates.
The date for an interview is still not decided and disclosed by Bank. The interview will be held at selected centres. Date, time, place and other things of the interview will be informed to the eligible candidates by email or SMS. At the time of the interview, shortlisted candidates will have to bring and produce all their original documents. A list of documents to be produced will be given in the call letter.
Indian Bank PO Syllabus
Indian Bank PO Syllabus 2021 is given below.
|Name of Tests / Medium of Exam (Not by Sequence)||Syllabus / topics|
|Reasoning Ability / English & Hindi||Logical reasoning, coding / decoding, input / output, alphanumeric series, blood relations problems, ranking / direction / alphabet test, syllogism, data sufficiency, tabulation, coded inequalities, seating arrangement etc.|
|Quantitative Ability/ English & Hindi||Simplification, permutation, combination & probability, sequence & series, profit & loss, number systems, mixtures & alligations, ratio & proportion, percentage, simple interest & compound interest & surds & indices, data interpretation, work & time, work & time, mensuration – cylinder, cone, sphere etc.|
|English Language / English||Reading comprehension, paragraph completion, error spotting / multiple meaning, fill in the blanks, miscellaneous, para jumbles, cloze test etc.|
|Name of Tests / Medium of Exam (Not by Sequence)||Syllabus / topics|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation/ English & Hindi||Permutation & combination, probability, data sufficiency, let it case DI, missing case DI, radar graph caselet, bar / tabular / line graph, pie chart etc.|
|English Language / English||Fill in the blanks, error spotting, cloze test, para jumbles, sentence improvement, word association, reading comprehension, grammar, vocabulary, verbal ability etc.|
|General / Economy / Banking Awareness (English & Hindi)||Banking & financial awareness, static awareness, national / international current affairs, financial awareness, general knowledge etc.|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude / English & Hindi||Computer fundamentals / terminologies, networking, operating system, computer hardware, Microsoft office, computer abbreviation, keyboard shortcuts, internet etc.|
logical reasoning, coding / decoding, input / output, alphanumeric series, blood relations problems, ranking / direction / alphabet test, syllogism, data sufficiency, tabulation, coded inequalities, seating arrangement etc.
|English Language (Letter Writing & Essay) / English||In this test, candidates will have to write one Essay and one letter on the given topics.|
Final selection of candidates for Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF) course of 1-year duration at Indian Bank Manipal School of Banking (IBMSB) will be done on the basis of a merit list to be prepared by considering marks scored by the aspirants in the Main Examination and Interview.
The preliminary examination will be conducted in/at the following cities/places- Patna, Muzaffarpur, Gaya, Darbhanga, Bhagalpur, Guwahati, Naharlagun, Vishakhapatnam, Vijayawada, Tirupati, Rajahmundry, Jammu, Una, Shimla, Panipat, Ambala, Vadodara, Rajkot, Gandhinagar, Ahmedabad, Panaji, Delhi & New Delhi, Raipur, Bilaspur, Ujjain, Sagar, Gwalior, Bhopal, Kavaratti, Thiruvananthpuram, Kozhikode, Kochi, Mangalore, Hubli, Dharwad, Belgaum, Bengaluru, Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Dhanbad, Gangtok, Jodhpur, Jaipur, Jaipur, Alwar, Ajmer, Patiala, Mohali, Lucknow, Jhansi, Agra, Bareilly, Allahabad, Agartala, Hyderabad etc.
Like preliminary examination, Stage II main examination will be also conducted in online mode in November 2021 at the following centres- Greater Kolkata, Dehradun, Varanasi, Jhansi, Allahabad, Agra, Agartala, Hyderabad, Vellore, Thiruchirapalli, Coimbatore, Chennai, Gangtok, Jaipur, Ajmer, Ludhiana, Puducherry, Bhubaneshwar, Kohima, Aizawl, Shilong, Imphal, Pune, Mumbai/Thane/Navi Mumbai, Bhopal, Kavaratti, Thiruvananthpuram, Bengaluru, Ranchi, Jammu, Shimla, Panipat, Ahmedabad, Panaji, Delhi & New Delhi, Raipur, Chandigarh, Patna, Guwahati, Vishakhapatnam and Port Blair.
Indian Bank PO 2021 Call letter
Aspirants can download their Indian Bank PO call letter 2021 for the preliminary exam, main exam & personal interview from the bank’s website. Bank will issue call letters to all qualified aspirants through online mode only. Bank will not send hard copy of call letters by post/courier. The process to download call letters for the preliminary exam, main exam & personal interview from the bank’s website will be same which is explained below.
How To Download Indian Bank PO 2021 Admit Card?
- Open Indian Bank official website or click here
- Open ‘Careers’ page
- Find and click on the relevant link
- Enter your registration number & password/ date of birth
- Submit all the details by clicking the tab ‘Submit’
- You will see your call letter
- Download and print it
Indian Bank PO 2021 Result
Indian Bank will release PO result on its website. Prelim exam result will be announced within 7 days after the exam in the form of a scorecard. It will contain score obtained in different sections and normalized score. Main result and Final result will be released subsequently after the respective stage of the exam. The process to check Indian Bank PO result is given below.
- Visit Indian Bank website
- Click on Indian Bank PO Result 2021 (Prelim/ Main/ Final)
- Enter Registration no./ Roll number and Date of birth
- Click on submit to view scorecard
- Print it for reference
Indian Bank PO 2021 Cut Off Score
Stage wise Final cut off scores will be decided by Bank and will be updated here.
Indian Bank PO Salary
Indian bank PO will get the salary of Rs 23700. The pay scale is 23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42021.