Indian Navy 10+2 B.Tech Officer Entry Scheme notification 2021 will be released in November 2020 for session of July 2021. Indian Navy organizes 10+2 B.Tech recruitment twice annually, for January and July sessions. The application process will commence from 29 November 2020 and the last date to apply online is 19 Dec 2020 and the commencing of the training session will be from July 2021.
Indian Navy organizes several recruitment sessions for the young men and women to join the prestigious Indian Naval Academy under various schemes. Recruitment sessions conducted by the Indian Navy are the best options for those who want to serve their nation through a challenging job. A job at the Indian Navy offers best-in-class facilities along with a good salary package.
Indian Navy is one of the most reputed government organizations in India. It is the naval branch of the Indian Armed Forces. The Indian Navy was originated several years ago when East India Company’s marine used to protect British merchant shipping in 1612. During 1830, this navy was known as ‘Her Majesty’s Indian Navy’ and in the year 1934, it was renamed to ‘Royal Indian Navy’. Later in the year 1950, after India got independence it was renamed to the Indian Navy.
Indian Navy 10+2 (B.Tech) Officer Entry Scheme Notification July 2021
For the academic year 2021-21, the Indian Navy has released an official notification for the 10+2 (B.Tech) officer entry scheme. Indian Navy has invited applications from ‘Single Male students’ to join the esteemed Indian Naval Academy for a 4-year graduation course under the 10+2 (B.Tech) Cadet entry scheme.
Indian Navy 10+2 (B.Tech) Officer Entry Scheme Important Dates 2021
|Exam conducted by||The Indian Naval Academy|
|Exam name||10+2 (B.Tech) Cadet entry scheme 2021|
|Training Session||July 2021|
|Essential Qualification||10+2 passed with 70% aggregate marks in Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics and 50% in English|
|Application Start Date||29 Nov 2020|
|Application Last Date||19 Dec 2020|
|Interview date||Yet to be declared|
|Mode of interview||Personal|
|Recruitment Type||Entrance procedure for 4 year degree program|
|Interview call letters||Sent by SSB (Service selection board) through SMS or email|
|SSB Interview centers||Bangalore, Visakhapatnam, Bhopal and Coimbatore|
|Apply online at||http://www.joinindiannavy.gov.in|
|Result will declared in||Within one week after SSB interview|
About Indian Navy 10+2 (B.Tech) Officer Entry Scheme
It is a recruitment procedure organized twice annually (January & July) by the Indian Navy under Cadet Entry Scheme. This recruitment procedure will be conducted for Permanent Commission based job. By qualifying this recruitment drive, an applicant can get admission in 4 years full-time B.Tech Program runs at the Indian Naval Academy (Ezhimala, Kerala). To know more, candidates need to go to the Indian Navy’s official website.
Number of Seats To Be Filled
At this point, the total numbers of seats are still unknown. But it is assumed that the Indian Navy will fill more than four hundred B.Tech seats available at both INA campuses. To know an exact number of seats, you can visit the Indian Navy’s official website or check here once it has been officially announced.
Indian Navy BTech Entry Eligibility Criteria 2021
The candidates born between 02 Jan 1999 and 01 Jul 2001 (include both dates) are eligible for this recruitment exam. Before applying, all the candidates must check eligibility criteria available on the Indian Navy official website.
|S.No||Course Applying for||Minimum educational qualification|
|1||4 years degree course under the 10+12 (B.Tech) Cadet Entry Scheme||A candidate should passed in 10+2 with 70% aggregate marks in Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics and 50% in English|
Along with above mentioned essential qualifications, candidates also have qualified JEE (Main) 2020 exam. Call letters for SSB (service selection board) interview will be issued on basis of JEE (Main) 2020 AIR (all-India rank).
Indian Navy 10+2 (B.Tech) officer Entry Scheme- Minimum physical standards
Height and Weight
- The minimum height of an applicant should be 157 cm with correlated weight as per age. Relaxation in height is allowed to applicants having domicile of regions mentioned below.
|S.No.||Regions||Minimum height standard (in cm) after relaxation|
|1||Bhutan, Sikkim & North East regions||152|
|2||Uttarakhand, Kumaoni, Garhwali, Assamese, Nepalese and Gorkhas||152|
|3||A&N, Lakshadweep and Minicoy islands||155|
|4||Tribals from Ladhakh region||155|
- The minimum acceptable vision standards have been given in the notification. For the distant vision is 6/6, 6/9 correctable to 6/6, 6/6 with glasses. An applicant should not be having night or color blindness.
- Candidates with a permanent tattoo on any part of the body are not eligible for this recruitment exam. A candidate can read further details regarding this from the Indian Navy recruitment website.
i) All the candidates must note down that there is no other relaxation criteria in physical standards except above mentioned
ii) All the applicants recommended by the service selection board (SSB) will have to undergo the medical test as per extant regulations.
Indian Navy 10+2 (B.Tech) Entry Scheme Application Fee
All the interested candidates must know that there is no application fee to appear in this recruitment process. They just need to fill an online application form and submit it. However, they need to pay for their requisite training fee.
How To Apply For Indian Navy 10+2 (B.Tech) Entry 2021 Recruitment Procedure?
All the interested candidates are advised to apply for this recruitment drive through the Indian Navy official website. Forms submitted in offline modes will not be accepted by the Indian Navy.
All the applicants need to register as well as fill online application on the recruitment website. Before applying, candidates need to read instructions very carefully. The procedure for applying online is given below.
- Open the Indian Navy official website by clicking here. https://www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
- Find ‘Careers & Jobs’ section
- On hovering mouse over ‘Careers & Jobs’ section, you will see ‘Become an officer’ section
- On hovering mouse pointer over this section, you will see ‘Engineering’ button
- On clicking ‘engineering button’ you will be landed on the online application page
- On this page, you need to fill basic details such as name, age, mobile number, email address, Date of birth, gender, etc.
- While filling up your online application form, you also need to upload scanned copies of the following documents – 10th/12th marks sheet or certificate, recent passport size color photo, JEE (Main) 2020 scorecard (printed with All India Rank). All the candidates must note down that if any scanned copy is not readable/legible then his/her application is rejected by the exam conducting authority
- Make sure you have one printed copy of online application form to use in future
- At the time of SSB interview, called-up candidates need to carry printed application form along with original documents/certificates
Documents Needed To Apply and for Interview
Candidates need the following documents at the time of filling online application.
- 10th/12th mark sheet or certificate,
- Scanned copies of certificates and
- Jpg of photo & signature (scanned copies)etc.
In addition to this, finally shortlisted candidates need to carry duly signed application form with necessary documents (10th/12th mark sheet or certificate category certificate (if applicable)), few PP size photos, an original ID proof, etc. at the time of SSB interview.
Indian Navy 10+2 (B.Tech) Officer Entry Scheme Selection Process
The final selection for the SSB interview will be based on JEE (Main) All Indian Rank-2020. A list of shortlisted candidates will be prepared by IHQ of MoD. Shortlisted candidates for SSB interviews need to attend an interview at any of the following places – Bangalore, Visakhapatnam, Bhopal, and Coimbatore.
SSB Interview will be divided and conducted into two stages-
- Stage I– At this stage, a candidate needs to pass the following test- Picture Perfection Test and Intelligence Test followed by a Group Discussion session. Those candidates who failed at this stage will be not allowed to sit in the Stage II SSB interview.
- Stage II– At this stage, a candidate needs to undergo the following test- Group Testing, Interview. Final candidates who qualify Stage II SSB interview need to go through a medical examination.
Medically fit and SSB recommended applicants will get admission to the INA (Indian Naval Academy) Ezhimala, Kerala for training. On the basis of SSB marks, all India merit list will be prepared by the SSB.
Finally selected applicants will be introduced as cadets for 4-year B.Tech. program in Electronics & Communication Engineering (for Electrical Branch), Mechanical Engineering (for Engineering Branch including Naval Architect specialization), or applied Electronics & Communication Engineering (for Executive Branch) as per Navy requirements.
On completion of the course, a cadet will be awarded a B. Tech Degree recognized by one of the most prestigious universities in India, the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU).
Indian Navy 10+2 (B.Tech) officer Entry Scheme 2021 Result
After the interview procedure, the SSB will select final medically fit candidates. The finally selected applicants will get a joining letter issued by the SSB as per the prepared merit list.
Important Note :
- The complete training cost, including reading material as well as books, will be borne by the Indian Navy. The candidates will also be offered free mess as well as clothing.
- All the candidates must read the instructions carefully before the final online form submission.
- For complete ‘terms and conditions’, you must pay a visit to the Indian Navy official website.