Indian Navy Sailors Recruitment 2018
Indian Navy is one among the most reputed government organizations in India. It is a naval branch of the Indian Armed Forces. Indian Navy is known for pride and victory. Indian Navy was established a long time ago. Earlier, Indian Navy was known by other names such as ‘Her Majesty’s Indian Navy’, ‘Royal Indian Navy’ etc. Finally in the year 1950, it has got its present name.
Each year, Indian Navy organizes and conducts several entrance tests to recruit young and energetic candidates (male and female) in the prestigious Indian naval academy under various courses such as B.Tech etc.
Indian Navy Sailors 2018 After 10+2 (August Batch) Official Notification
The Indian Navy (Nausena Bharti) has released a recruitment notification and invites online application from single male students for enrollment as sailors for SSR (Senior Secondary Recruit). This course will starts from August 2018. To know more about this recruitment procedure, go through this article or read official notification by clicking here.
Indian Navy SSR 2018 Important Dates
Indian Navy Sailors 2018 After 10+2 (Aug Batch) Eligibility Criteria
- Age Limit – candidates applying for Indian Navy SSR 2018 after 10+2 (Aug Batch) should not be less than 16 ½ and not more than 19 ½ years in age which means not born after 31st Jul 2001 and before 1st Aug 1997. All the applicants must note down that only the DOB (date of birth) as per 10th or intermediate examination mark sheet/certificate or an equivalent document will be accepted.
- Nationality – An Indian citizen is eligible to apply for Indian Navy SSR 2018 after 10+2 (Aug Batch). A subject of Nepal or Bhutan is also eligible. Indian origin students migrated from Malawi, Zambia, the United Republic of Tanzania, Vietnam, and the East African countries of Kenya, Ethiopia, Zaire, Uganda & Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Burma are also eligible to apply.
- Educational Qualifications – Candidates applying for Indian Navy SSR 2018 After 10+2 (August Batch) recruitment examination must have passed in 10+2/Intermediate examination or its equivalent from any recognized institute/board/college with Mathematics, Physics and at least one of these subjects- Computer Science/Chemistry/Biology.
Indian Navy Sailors 2018 After 10+2 (Aug Batch) Application Fee
Like Indian Navy 10+2 (B.Tech) officer Entry Scheme, there is no application fee for this recruitment examination as well. All you need to fill online application form and submit it.
Indian Navy Sailors 2018 Application Form
To apply for this recruitment examination, candidates need to apply online. Application form will be accepted only in online mode. But before filling online application form, you are requested to check eligibility criteria, age limit etc.
How To Apply For Indian Navy Sailors 2018 after 10+2 (Aug Batch)?
To apply for Indian Navy SSR 2018 after 10+2 (Aug Batch), all you need to follow below mentioned few simple steps.
- Before applying, first applicants need to read official notification
- Now, open Indian Navy official website
- Find ‘Join Navy’ section
- On hovering mouse over ‘Join Navy section, you will see ‘Ways to join’ Option
- On hovering mouse pointer over this section you will see ‘Sailors’ tab
- On clicking ‘Sailors’ tab you will be landed on a new page
- On this page, you will find Instructions, Physical/ medical standards etc. On the right side of the page find APPLY ONLINE option.
- Click below that and fill basis details like email address, Date of birth, name, age, mobile number, gender etc.
- After filling the data in all the required fields, now you need to upload scanned copies of the following documents- recent passport size color photo, 10th/12th marks sheet or certificate.
- Make sure you have one printed copy of online application form to use in future
- At the time of SSB interview, you need to bring printed application form along with original documents/certificates such as original high school/intermediate mark sheet and certificate, few passport size photographs and duly-signed print out of application form.
List Of Documents Needed
While filling online application form, all the candidates are advised to keep the following documents with them.
- High school/intermediate mark sheet or certificate
- Scanned copies of photo and signature
- Any other certificates (if applicable)
Indian Navy Sailors 2018 Exam Pattern and Selection Criteria
Final selection of the candidates will be based on the combined scores obtained in physical fitness test (PFT), written test and fitness in medical examination.
Written Test Paper Pattern
The question paper of written test will be divided into 4 parts- General Knowledge, Mathematics, Science and English. It will be an objective type paper available in both Hindi and English. Candidates need to solve this question paper in maximum one hour. A candidate is required to pass in all parts and in aggregate as well. The question paper will be of 10+2 standard and the syllabus is given below.
Science – Metals and Non Metals, Physiology and Human Diseases, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Atomic Nucleus/Solid and Semi-Conductor Devices, Principles of Communication, Heat Thermodynamics, Oscillations, Waves, Magnetic Effect of Current and magnetism, Computer Science, Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiations, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body/ Gravitation, Organic Chemistry, Food, Nutrition and Health, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current, Electromagnetic Waves etc.
Mathematics – Determinants, Definite Integrals, Introduction to Three Dimensional Geometry, Indefinite Integrals Binomial Theorem, Matrices, functions & relations, Circles, Quadratics Equations, Probability Function, Permutations and Combinations, differentiation, Applications of Derivatives, Vectors, Limits and Continuity, Conic Section, trigonometry, Sequences and Series, Exponential and Logarithmic Series, Sets and Set Theory, Statistics, Straight Lines Family of Straight Lines etc.
English – Use of pronouns, Substituting phrasal verbs for expression, Synonyms and Antonyms, Use of adjective, Compound preposition, Determiners (use of a, the, any etc), Change active to passive/ passive to active voice, Meanings of difficult words, preposition, punctuation, tense, verbs, change direct to indirect/indirect to direct etc.
General Awareness – Sequences, Spellings Unscrambling, Coding and Decoding, Spatial, Numerical, Reasoning & Associative Ability, Common Names, Full forms and Abbreviations, Discoveries, Diseases and Nutrition, Award and Authors, Eminent Personalities.
Sports : Winners/Championships/No of Players, defense, wars and neighbors, current affairs
Culture and Religion, Geography : Soil, Rivers, Mountains, Ports, Inland Harbors, Freedom Movement
For complete SSR 2018 written test syllabus, click here.
A candidate’s medical test will be held by recognized military doctors on the basis of standards outlined by the Indian Military Academy for sailor’s entry. Candidates applying for Indian Navy sailor’s recruitment drive should have at least 157 cm height. Chest & weight should be proportionate to height. Interested candidates should be in good medical and physical health and free from any disability/disease.
Physical Fitness Test
In this test, a candidate needs to run 1.6 km in 7 minutes. In addition to this, this test also consists of 20 squat ups and 10 push-ups.
Indian Navy SSR 2018 After 10+2 (Aug Batch) Selection Process
After collecting all the online application forms, the exam conducting body will outline a cut-off percentage. On the basis of this cut-off percentage, candidates will be short-listed and called for recruitment test. Eligible short listed candidates will get a call letters/admit card for written test which is scheduled to be held in Mar/Apr 2018. All the candidates are advised to check official website regularly for cut-off percentage. It is assumed that call up letters cum hall tickets will be available to download on web portal by Jan 2018.
Important Note- At the time of examination, all the eligible shortlisted candidates must bring original mark sheets/certificates, NCC certificate (if applicable), domicile certificate etc. If not so, their candidature will be cancelled. Written test result will be declared on the same day of examination.
Indian Navy SSR 2018 After 10+2 (Aug Batch) Results
After whole selection process, the SSB finally selects candidates for SSR after 10+2 course. The finally selected candidates will get a joining letter issued by the SSB in the order of merit.