JEE Main 2019 Online Application Form : Here you will get complete information on JEE Main 2019 Examination including Official Notification, Important Exam dates, Application form & process, Admit cards, results, cut off etc. For the academic year 2019-20, the National Testing Agency [NTA] has released the official notification/ information bulletin for JEE Main [January] 2019 examination.
Joint Entrance Exam is considered as one of the most challenging undergraduate entrance tests not only in India but across the planet. Through this exam, the National Testing Agency allows admission of candidates to the several IITs (Indian Institute of Technology), NITs (National Institute of Technology) and few other central funded colleges/institutes. NTA will conduct this exam two times prior to admissions in the next academic session. The first NTA’s JEE Main 2019 will be in January 2019 and then second will be in April 2019. Engineering aspirants can appear in both JEE Main exams i.e. [Jan & April]. However, appearing in both attempts is not mandatory for them. If appeared in both JEE main exams then the better score will be considered as final JEE Main 2019 score.
Every year, more than 5 lakh students appear in this exam. And this year, it is assumed that more than seven lakh candidates will appear in NTA’s JEE Main [January] 2019 examination. However, exact figure of examinees will be made available by NTA after conducting JEE Main 2019 examination in both attempts.
- Important Dates
- Application Form
- Apply Online
- Exam Pattern
- Admit Card
- Cut Off
JEE Main 2019 Official Notification
As per bulletin, NTA will release a separate information bulletin for JEE Main [April] 2019 exam after concluding events of JEE Main [Jan] 2019 exam.
About JEE Main 2019
The Joint Entrance Examination also known as JEE, is one of the most prestigious entrance exams in India India was being conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) till 2018. From 2019 onwards, JEE Main examination will be conducted by NTA.
JEE is formerly known as All India Engineering Entrance Examination (or AIEEE). It is organized for those students who want to take admissions in top-rated engineering colleges in India.
JEE Main 2019 Important Dates
|Name of the examination||JEE Main 2019|
|Conducted by||National Testing Agency [NTA]|
|JEE Main [Jan] 2019 Information bulletin availability||September 01, 2018|
|JEE Main [Jan] 2019 Apply mode||Online|
|JEE Main [Jan] 2019 Dates for submission of Application form||September 01 to 30, 2018|
|JEE Main [Jan] 2019 Dates for Submission of fee||Sept 01 to Oct 01, 2018|
|Exact date of JEE Main [Jan] 2019 exam will be available on NTA's website||by Nov 15, 2018|
|Printing of Admit Cards for JEE Main [Jan] 2019 exam through NTA's website||from Dec 17, 2018|
|Availability of answer keys of JEE Main [Jan] 2019 exam||-|
|Declaration of JEE Main [Jan] 2019 Result on NTA's website||by Jan 31, 2018|
|JEE Main [Jan] 2019 Official website / apply online @||jeemain.nic.in|
JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who have passed class 12th examinations in either 2017 or 2018 OR appearing in 2019 are eligible to appear in both Jan & April JEE Main 2019 examinations. There is no upper / lower age limit for such candidates. However, satisfying age limit requirements asked / prescribed by the Colleges / Institutes in which they want to take admission will be mandatory for them. For further details regarding this, please go through official information bulletin.
Minimum Educational Qualifications and no. of subjects in the QE
For B.E. or B.Tech courses; a candidate must passed in 10+2 or intermediate exam with Math and Physics as major subjects and one from Biotechnology/Chemistry/Biology/Technical vocational as minor subject. For B.Arch and B.Planning course, a candidate must passed 10+2 exam with Mathematics.
Candidate must have studied at least 5 subjects in the qualifying examination.
JEE Main 2019 Application Fee and Mode Of Payment
|Appearing paper(s)||Category||For examination centre opted ->|
|For examination centre opted ->|
|Paper-1 (B.E. / B.Tech.)|
Paper-2 (B. Arch / B.Planning)
|SC / ST / PwD / Transgender||Boys - Rs. 1000/-|
Girls - Rs. 1000/-
|Boys - Rs. 250/-|
Girls - Rs. 250/-
|General/ OBC (Non-creamy layer)||Boys - Rs. 2000/-|
Girls - Rs. 1000/-
|Boys - Rs. 500/-|
Girls - Rs. 250/-
|Both Paper-1 (B.E./B.Tech.)|
Paper-2 (B. Arch/ B.Planning)
|SC / ST / PwD / Transgender||Boys - Rs. 1500/-|
Girls - Rs. 1500/-
|Boys - Rs. 450/-|
Girls - Rs. 450/-
|General / OBC (Non-creamy layer)||Boys - Rs. 3000/-|
Girls - Rs. 1500/-
|Boys - Rs. 900/-|
Girls - Rs. 450/-
All the JEE Main 2019 interested candidates can pay their application fee through any mode either online or offline. To pay JEE Main 2019 application fee online, candidates can use a debit/credit card or pay through net banking. Candidates paying fee online will have to pay an extra amount as bank’s service charges. Apart from online fee payment, candidates can pay fee offline through e-challan. All the candidates must note down that fee submitted in other modes like money order, demand draft etc. will not be accepted by the examination conducting authorities. Fee once paid will be not returned to applicant under any circumstances.
JEE Main 2019 Application Form
Candidates who want to appear in JEE Main 2019 examination are required to know that only online application will be accepted. To fill online application form, a candidate has to follow below process.
- Stage 1- fill all the details
- Stage 2- upload scanned copies of required documents
- Stage 3- pay fee online (or offline)
- Stage 4- final submit of application
- Stage 5- take print out of final submitted application
How To Apply For JEE Main 2019?
Only online applications will be accepted by the concerned authorities. Applications submitted through any other mode will not be accepted by the National Testing Agency. Complete online application form instructions are given below:
- Candidates need to visit official website of JEE Main 2019 exam monitored by NTA. Click here to access official website.
- At the homepage, a candidate needs to click on on button ‘Fill Application Form’ to fill up details in JEE Main 2019 online application form
- ‘Fill Application Form’ button will take candidate to the next page which will be divided into two sections. The left section is made for new candidates and right section is for already registered candidates.
- If you are already registered with the website then you only need to login into your account by filling details like application number (issued at the time of registration), password, and security pin or Captcha. Hit login button and you will be landed into your already registered account. With your account, you can manage your details or you can also edit them.
- In case, if you are a new member and not registered with the website then you need to stay in the left section of the landed page. There will be an ‘Apply for JEE (Main)-2019’ button. Press that and you will land onto the next page where you will find complete Instructions and Procedure on how to fill and submit online Application Form for JEE (Main) – 2019.
- It is advised to read those instructions carefully before moving to the next page. You can go to the next page by checking the box of ‘I have downloaded Information Bulletin and read all the instructions’. Once you checked the box and press ‘Proceed to apply online’ button, it will take you to the next page where your ‘Authentication form’ or registration form is available.
- At this page, you need to fill up a form with the following details- Nationality, state of eligibility, select identification type, enter identification number, candidate’s name, date of birth, gender and Captcha. Once you filled the form with the needed details, you need to press ‘Submit’ button.
- ‘Submit’ button will take you to the next page where you have to upload your scanned images. Once done with uploading you need to ‘pay the examination fee’.
- ‘Pay the Examination Fee’ will be your last step. Candidates out there must remember that only online application fee will be accepted by the recruitment board. Candidates can pay their application fee online through a debit/credit card or net banking.
Reservation of Seats in JEE Main Exam 2019
On the basis of rules outlined by the government of India, reservation will be given to the candidates belonging to certain categories. Categories which fall under reservation are:
- Scheduled Castes (SC)
- Scheduled Tribes (ST)
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) if they belong to Non Creamy Layer (NCL)
- Persons with Disability (PwD) with 40% or more disability
List of documents needed
- AADHAR card is mandatory
- Personal details/qualifying examination details
- Unique email address and mobile number
- Scanned copies of needed documents in prescribed format
- Net banking/credit/debit card details to pay fee online
JEE Main 2019 Exam Pattern
There will be only two papers for the JEE Main 2019 exam. Students want to take admission in any B.E. or B.Tech course, need to appear in Paper 1, rest of the students, who want to take admission in any B.Arch and B.Planning course need to appear in Paper 2. The best part is that a student can appear in both the papers as well.
Read : JEE Main Exam Pattern 2019
- Paper 1[for B.E. /B. Tech.] – It will be for B.E. /B. Tech. course and conducted in ‘Computer Based Test (CBT)’ mode only. Paper 1 will be divided into three sections- Physics, Math and chemistry. Each section consists of 30 multiple choice questions and each question will be of 4 marks. Every question in all the sections has 4 answers including the correct one. Candidates need to select that correct answer and they will get 4 marks. Remember that there is also a provision of negative marking. There will be a deduction of 1 mark on selecting the wrong answer. There is no negative marking if candidate left any question unanswered.
- Paper 2 (B.ARCH / B.PLANNING (At Institutions other than IITs) – Like paper 1, Paper 2 will be also divided into three sections consists of different subjects – Drawing, Aptitude and Mathematics. Aptitude and mathematics sections consist of objective type questions to be attempted on drawing sheet [Pen & Paper Based (offline)]. Part 1 Mathematics will have 30 MCQs and Part 2 Aptitude test will have 50 MCQs. Each MCQ in both part 1 & part will be of 4 marks. For each incorrect selection of answer, there we be negative marking [1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer]. Part 3 Drawing test will have two questions to be evaluated out of 070 marks. Candidates are requested to note down the time duration of each paper as time management is the most essential thing to crack JEE Main exam 2019. Both papers are of 3 hours. Applicants are not allowed to carry any electronic devices, logarithmic tables, textual material, or calculators into the examination hall.
Note- Aspirants will have to select medium of question papers [English / Hindi / Gujarati] while filling up the application form. Selected language of question papers cannot be changed at a later stage.
JEE Main 2019 Syllabus
JEE Main 2019 paper 1 (for B.E. /B. Tech.) subjects wise syllabus is given below.
- Mathematics- mathematical reasoning, trigonometry, statistics & probability, vector algebra, 3D geometry, co-ordinate geometry, differential equations, integral calculus, sequences & series, binomial theorem & it’s simple applications, mathematical induction, permutations & combinations, matrices & determinants, quadratic equations & complex numbers, limit, continuity & differentiability, sets, relations and functions.
- Physics- communication systems, nuclei & atoms, dual nature of matter & radiation, optics, electromagnetic waves, electromagnetic induction & alternating currents, physics & measurement, electronic devices, magnetic effects of current & magnetism, laws of motion, kinematics, waves & oscillations, kinetic theory of gases, thermodynamics, rotational motion, properties of solids & liquids, gravitation, electrostatics, work, energy and power.
- Chemistry- chemistry in everyday life, biomolecules, polymers, organic compounds containing nitrogen, carboxylic acids, alcohols, phenols & ethers, nomenclature, purification & characterization of organic compounds, hydrocarbons, co-ordination compounds, all block elements, hydrogen, classification of elements & periodicity in properties, equilibrium, surface chemistry, solutions, chemical thermodynamics, electrochemistry & redox reactions, chemical kinetics and some basic concepts in Chemistry.
JEE Main 2018 paper 2 (for B. Arch./B. Planning) subjects wise syllabus is given below.
- Part I- analytical reasoning, mental ability (verbal, numerical and visual), visualizing (different sides of 3D objects), visualizing 3D objects from 2D drawings, texture related to build/environment and architecture, aware of places, persons, materials, buildings etc.
- Part II- sketching of landscape (plants, trees, gardens, jungles, river fronts), scenes and activities from memory of urban scape (recreational spaces, monuments, street scenes, festivals, market, public space etc), 3D- perception, appreciation & understanding of scale & proportion of objects, drawing & design of abstract shapes, geometrical shapes and patterns, production of plan, 3D views of objects, elevation etc.
JEE Main 2019 Admit Card
JEE main 2019 admit cards will be published on the JEE Main official website as per schedule. As per the official information bulletin, admit cards of JEE Main [Jan] 2019 will be issued online from Dec 17, 2018 through the website. All the JEE Main 2019 aspirants need to download their admit cards from the website before one or two weeks from the date of entrance test. All the candidates are required to take their admit card along with AADHAR card to the examination venue. To download an admit card, a candidate has to follow few simple steps.
- Open JEE Main 2018 website
- Find and click ‘JEE Main 2018 Admit Card’ link
- Type the required information- Candidate’s application number, DOB (date of birth) & Captcha code
- Now click ‘Submit’ button
- Save or print admit card shown on your computer screen
- Click ‘Close’ or ‘Exit’ button
In case, if you forget your application number then you need to follow below process to retrieve your application number.
- Open browser and go to JEE Main 2019 official website
- Find and click ‘Forgot Application Number?’ link
- Fill the required details such as ‘Candidate’s name’, ‘Mother’s name’, ‘Father’s name’, ‘Date of birth’, ‘State of Eligibility’, ‘Security Pin’
- Click ‘Submit’ button
- On clicking ‘Submit’ button you will get your JEE Main 2019 Application Number on your given email address and mobile number.
Read : JEE Main 2019 Admit Card
At the time of JEE Main [Jan] 2019 exam, candidates will have to bring the following documents. Otherwise, they will not be permitted to appear in the examination.
- E-admit card
- 1 passport size photo
- Original Photo ID proof
JEE Main 2019 Result
The candidates must know that JEE Main (Jan) 2019 result will be declared by January 31, 2019 on the JEE Main website. To check JEE Main 2019 result, a candidate has to follow below-mentioned simple process.
- Go to the official JEE Main 2019 website
- Find and click ‘JEE Main 2019 Result’ link
- Now, you will be landed on a new page where you have to input roll number and date of birth
- Now click ‘Submit’ button
- Your result will be shown on your computer screen
- Check and download your result and rank card
JEE Main 2019 Cut Off
JEE Main 2019 Cut-off is the minimum marks a candidate need to score to qualify for JEE Advanced 2019 examination. JEE Main 2019 examination conducting authorities release cut-off along with result and rank card on official website. Here we are providing JEE Main 2018 qualifying cut-off marks of each category.
|Category||Qualified||Max Marks||Min Marks|
|Common Rank List||111275||350||74|
JEE Main 2019 Counseling
JEE Main 2019 qualified candidates will be called for counseling sessions held by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA).
Read : JEE Main Registration 2019
JEE Main 2019 Important Books
- For Mathematics – ‘The Pearson Guide to Complete Mathematics for JEE by SL Loney’ and ‘IIT Mathematics by R.D Sharma’
- For Chemistry – ‘Complete Chemistry for JEE Main 2018 by NCERT’, ‘IIT chemistry by O.P Tandon’, and NCERT books (only for Theory).
- For Physics – ‘Complete Physics for JEE Main 2018 by Irodov’ and ‘Concepts of Physics by H.C. Verma – Volume 1 and Volume 2’
JEE Main 2019 Test Practice Centres
The National Testing Agency has also established more than 2000 test practice centres spread all across the nation to train aspirants for free of cost CBT / online mode of examination. Through any of the centres, candidates can practice and train themselves for CBT. To know nearest Test Practice Centre, please see the website www.nta.ac.in.
In a nutshell, if you guys still have any question or doubt on JEE Main 2018 examination, you can comment below.