JEE Main 2018 : Here you will get complete information on JEE Main 2018 Examination including Official Notification, Important Exam dates, Application form & process, Admit cards, results, cut off etc. For the academic year 2018-19, the central Board of Secondary Education (or CBSE) has released the official notification for JEE Main 2018 examination.
Joint Entrance Exam is considered as one of the most challenging undergraduate entrance tests not only in India but across the planet. Through this exam, the Central Board of Secondary Education allows admission of candidates to the several IITs (Indian Institute of Technology), NITs (National Institute of Technology) and few other central funded colleges/institutes. The CBSE conducts this exam in two stages namely JEE main and advance.
Every year, more than 5 lakh students appear in this exam. And this year, it is assumed that more than ten lakh candidates are going to take CBSE JEE Main examination. Generally, CBSE conducts JEE main on the last Sunday of April every year and declares main result in the last week of May or in the first week of June. Qualified candidates get rank both at the central and state level, namely AIR (All India Rank) and SR (State Rank) respectively.
- Important Dates
- Application Form
- Apply Online
- Exam Pattern
- Admit Card
- Cut Off
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main 2018
The Joint Entrance Examination also known as JEE, is one of the most prestigious entrance exams in India conducted by the central Board of Secondary Education (or CBSE). JEE is formerly known as All India Engineering Entrance Examination (or AIEEE). It is organized for those students who want to take admissions in top-rated engineering colleges in India. Here, we will discuss everything about JEE main examination including official notification, important dates, application process, admit cards, results, cut-off etc which is going to be held on 8th, 15th & 16th April 2018.
JEE Main 2018 Important Dates
JEE Main 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Students who have born on or after 01.10.1993 are eligible to appear in JEE Main 2018 exam. However, there is also a provision of age relaxation in case if a candidate belongs to any of the following special category.
Minimum Educational Qualifications
For B.E. or B.Tech courses; a candidate must passed in 10+2 or intermediate exam with Math and Physics as major subjects and one from Biotechnology/Chemistry/Biology/Technical vocational as minor subject. For B.Arch and B.Planning course, a candidate must passed 10+2 exam with Mathematics.
JEE Main 2018 Application Fee (in INR) and Mode Of Payment
- For examination venue opted in India
- For examination venue opted in foreign country
All the JEE Main 2018 interested candidates can pay their application fee through any mode either online or offline. To pay JEE Main 2018 application fee online, candidates can use a debit/credit card or pay through net banking. Candidates paying fee online will have to pay an extra amount as bank’s service charges. Apart from online fee payment, candidates can pay fee offline through e-challan. All the candidates must note down that fee submitted in other modes like money order, demand draft etc. will not be accepted by the examination conducting authorities. Fee once paid will be not returned to applicant under any circumstances.
JEE Main 2018 Application Form
Candidates who want to appear in JEE Main 2018 examination are required to know that only online application will be accepted. To fill online application form, a candidate has to follow below process.
- Stage 1- fill all the details
- Stage 2- upload scanned copies of required documents
- Stage 3- pay fee online (or offline)
- Stage 4- final submit of application
- Stage 5- take print out of final submitted application
How To Apply For JEE Main Exam 2018?
Only online applications will be accepted by the concerned authorities. Applications submitted through any other mode will not be accepted by the central Board of Secondary Education. Complete online application form instructions are given below:
- Candidates need to visit official website of JEE Main 2018 exam monitored by the CBSE. Click here to access official website.https://jeemain.nic.in
- At the homepage, a candidate needs to click on ‘Apply for JEE (Main)-2018’ button which will be located at the end of the page.
- ‘Apply for JEE (Main)-2018’ button will take candidate to the next page which will be divided into two sections. The left section is made for new candidates and right section is for already registered candidates.
- If you are already registered with the website then you only need to login into your account by filling details like application number (issued at the time of registration), password, and security pin or Captcha. Hit login button and you will be landed into your already registered account. With your account, you can manage your details or you can also edit them.
- In case, if you are a new member and not registered with the website then you need to stay in the left section of the landed page. There will be an ‘Apply for JEE (Main)-2018’ button. Press that and you will land onto the next page where you will find complete Instructions and Procedure on how to fill and submit online Application Form for JEE (Main) – 2018.
- It is advised to read those instructions carefully before moving to the next page. You can go to the next page by checking the box of ‘I have downloaded Information Bulletin and read all the instructions’. Once you checked the box and press ‘Proceed to apply online’ button, it will take you to the next page where your ‘Authentication form’ or registration form is available.
- At this page, you need to fill up a form with the following details- Nationality, state of eligibility, select identification type, enter identification number, candidate’s name, date of birth, gender and Captcha. Once you filled the form with the needed details, you need to press ‘Submit’ button.
- ‘Submit’ button will take you to the next page where you have to upload your scanned images. Once done with uploading you need to ‘pay the examination fee’.
- ‘Pay the Examination Fee’ will be your last step. Candidates out there must remember that only online application fee will be accepted by the recruitment board. Candidates can pay their application fee online through a debit/credit card or net banking.
Reservation of Seats in JEE Main Exam 2018
On the basis of rules outlined by the government of India, reservation will be given to the candidates belonging to certain categories. Categories which fall under reservation are:
- Scheduled Castes (SC)
- Scheduled Tribes (ST)
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) if they belong to Non Creamy Layer (NCL)
- Persons with Disability (PwD) with 40% or more disability
List of documents needed
- AADHAR card is mandatory
- Personal details/qualifying examination details
- Unique email address and mobile number
- Scanned copies of needed documents in prescribed format
- Net banking/credit/debit card details to pay fee online
JEE Main 2018 Exam Pattern
There will be only two papers for the JEE Main 2018 exam. Students want to take admission in any B.E. or B.Tech course, need to appear in Paper 1, rest of the students, who want to take admission in any B.Arch and B.Planning course need to appear in Paper 2. The best part is that a student can appear in both the papers as well.
- Paper 1- Students can select any of the mode for Paper 1, either pen & paper mode or online. Paper 1 will be divided into three sections- Physics, Math and chemistry. Each section consists of 30 multiple choice questions and each question will be of 4 marks. Every question in all the sections has 4 answers including the correct one. Candidates need to select that correct answer and they will get 4 marks. Remember that there is also a provision of negative marking. There will be a deduction of 1 mark on selecting the wrong answer. There is no negative marking if candidate left any question unanswered.
- Paper 2- Like paper 1, Paper 2 will be also divided into three sections consists of different subjects – Drawing, Aptitude and Mathematics. Aptitude and mathematics sections consist of objective type questions whereas the drawing section consists of drawing based questions. Candidates are requested that note down the time duration of each paper as time management is the most essential thing to crack JEE Main exam 2018. Both papers are of 3 hours. Applicants are not allowed to carry any electronic devices, logarithmic tables, textual material, or calculators into the examination hall.
JEE Main 2018 Syllabus
JEE Main 2018 paper 1 (for B.E. /B. Tech.) subjects wise syllabus is given below.
- Mathematics- mathematical reasoning, trigonometry, statistics & probability, vector algebra, 3D geometry, co-ordinate geometry, differential equations, integral calculus, sequences & series, binomial theorem & it’s simple applications, mathematical induction, permutations & combinations, matrices & determinants, quadratic equations & complex numbers, limit, continuity & differentiability, sets, relations and functions.
- Physics- communication systems, nuclei & atoms, dual nature of matter & radiation, optics, electromagnetic waves, electromagnetic induction & alternating currents, physics & measurement, electronic devices, magnetic effects of current & magnetism, laws of motion, kinematics, waves & oscillations, kinetic theory of gases, thermodynamics, rotational motion, properties of solids & liquids, gravitation, electrostatics, work, energy and power.
- Chemistry- chemistry in everyday life, biomolecules, polymers, organic compounds containing nitrogen, carboxylic acids, alcohols, phenols & ethers, nomenclature, purification & characterization of organic compounds, hydrocarbons, co-ordination compounds, all block elements, hydrogen, classification of elements & periodicity in properties, equilibrium, surface chemistry, solutions, chemical thermodynamics, electrochemistry & redox reactions, chemical kinetics and some basic concepts in Chemistry.
JEE Main 2018 paper 2 (for B. Arch./B. Planning) subjects wise syllabus is given below.
- Part I- analytical reasoning, mental ability (verbal, numerical and visual), visualizing (different sides of 3D objects), visualizing 3D objects from 2D drawings, texture related to build/environment and architecture, aware of places, persons, materials, buildings etc.
- Part II- sketching of landscape (plants, trees, gardens, jungles, river fronts), scenes and activities from memory of urban scape (recreational spaces, monuments, street scenes, festivals, market, public space etc), 3D- perception, appreciation & understanding of scale & proportion of objects, drawing & design of abstract shapes, geometrical shapes and patterns, production of plan, 3D views of objects, elevation etc.
JEE Main 2018 Admit Card
JEE main 2018 admit cards will be published on the JEE Main official website as per schedule. As per the experts, admit cards of JEE Main 2018 will be released in the 2nd week of March 2018 on the website. All the JEE Main 2018 aspirants need to download their admit cards from the website before one or two weeks from the date of entrance test. All the candidates are required to take their admit card along with AADHAR card to the examination venue. To download an admit card, a candidate has to follow few simple steps.
- Open JEE Main 2018 website
- Find and click ‘JEE Main 2018 Admit Card’ link
- Type the required information- Candidate’s application number, DOB (date of birth) & Captcha code
- Now click ‘Submit’ button
- Save or print admit card shown on your computer screen
- Click ‘Close’ or ‘Exit’ button
In case, if you forget your application number then you need to follow below process to retrieve your application number.
- Open browser and go to JEE Main 2018 official website
- Find and click ‘Forgot Application Number?’ link
- Fill the required details such as ‘Candidate’s name’, ‘Mother’s name’, ‘Father’s name’, ‘Date of birth’, ‘State of Eligibility’, ‘Security Pin’
- Click ‘Submit’ button
- On clicking ‘Submit’ button you will get your JEE Main 2018 Application Number on your given email address and mobile number
Note- AADHAR card is mandatory document a candidate needs to bring to the examination centre.
JEE Main 2018 Result
The candidates must know that JEE Main 2018 result will be declared by April 30, 2018 on the JEE Main website. To check JEE Main 2018 result, a candidate has to follow below-mentioned simple process.
- Go to the official JEE Main 2018 website
- Find and click ‘JEE Main 2018 Result’ link
- Now, you will be landed on a new page where you have to input roll number and date of birth
- Now click ‘Submit’ button
- Your result will be shown on your computer screen
- Check and download your result and rank card
JEE Main 2018 Cut Off
JEE Main 2018 Cut-off is the minimum marks a candidate need to score to qualify for JEE Advanced 2018 examination. JEE Main 2018 examination conducting authorities release cut-off along with result and rank card on official website. Here we are providing JEE Main 2018 expected cut-off marks of each category.
JEE Main 2018 Counseling
JEE Main 2018 qualified candidates will be called for counseling sessions held by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA). It is expected that JEE Main 2018 counseling will starts from June 2018.
JEE Main 2018 Important Books
- For Mathematics – ‘The Pearson Guide to Complete Mathematics for JEE by SL Loney’ and ‘IIT Mathematics by R.D Sharma’
- For Chemistry – ‘Complete Chemistry for JEE Main 2018 by NCERT’, ‘IIT chemistry by O.P Tandon’, and NCERT books (only for Theory).
- For Physics – ‘Complete Physics for JEE Main 2018 by Irodov’ and ‘Concepts of Physics by H.C. Verma – Volume 1 and Volume 2’
In a nutshell, if you guys still have any question or doubt on JEE Main 2018 examination, you can comment below.