J&K PET 2018 Notification (JKBOPEE)
On 29th Dec 2017, the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination (BOPEE) has released the official notification for PET 2018. It will be an entrance examination to 3-years polytechnic diploma for the academic year 2018-19. Here, you will get information about this entrance examination including important dates, eligibility criteria, application form & process, admit cards, results, cut-off etc.
By qualifying this entrance examination, a candidate can get admission in polytechnic diploma programme in any of the following fields- Leather Technology, Electronics and Communication, Medical Lab. Technology, Civil Engineering, Textile Designing, Electrical Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Office Management and Computer Applications, Mechanical Engineering, Instrumentation & Control Engineering, Architectural Assistantship, Travel and Tourism, computer engineering etc.
About J&K PET
This entrance examination has been initiated under the ‘Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations Act’, 2002. The primary reason behind conducting this entrance examination is to make the selection of candidates for various polytechnic institutions present in the state.
The exam is conducted once in a year. Through this exam, a candidate can get admission in any of the government and private polytechnic institutions/colleges in the state. Every year, end number of students comes forward to appear in this examination.
J&K PET 2018 Important Dates
|Exam conducted by||The Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination (BOPEE)|
|Exam name||JK PET 2018|
|Essential Qualification||Passed in 10th/high school examination from a well-recognized board|
|Online application (start and end)||3rd Jan 2018 to 3rd Feb 2018|
|Admit cards available from||22nd March 2018|
|Exam date||1st April, 2018|
|Result will be declared by or before||April 15th 2018|
|Exam Type||Entrance examination to take admission in 3 years Polytechnic diploma programme|
|Exam centres||In Jammu and Srinagar|
|Apply online at||www.jakbopee.org|
J&K PET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates who want to appear for J&K PET 2018 needs to be a permanent resident of Jammu and Kashmir only.
- Must passed in 10th/high school/matriculation examination* from a well-known educational institute/college/board with at least 40% marks (37% for candidates of reserved category)
- There is no minimum/maximum age limit for participating in PET 2018 entrance examination
* Students appearing in 10th examination can also appear in the PET 2018.
J&K PET 2018 Application Form and Process
- Applications form will be available online from 3rd Jan 2018.
- Last date to fill up the application form is 3rd Feb 2018.
- The offline mode is not available for this form, so students can fill application online only.
- The date of the exam will be Sunday, 1st April, 2018.
- The admit cards will be available to download from 22nd March 2018.
- The final answer key will be released after the exam.
- And, the results are expected to be announced by or before 15th April, 2018.
- The counselling session for the selected candidates shall be notified soon.
How To Fill J&K PET 2018 Application?
- Go to the JKBOPEE official website
- Read instructions carefully for filling application and uploading documents
- Check box of ‘I have read the instructions.’
- Click ‘Apply’ button
- You will be landed on ‘Application Form Polytechnic Entrance Test’ page
- At this page, you need to fill the following personal details/fields- ‘‘Name of the candidate, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Whether State Subject of J&K ?, Date of Issue of PRC, Examination Centre” etc.
- Now you need to enter your permanent mailing address and educational details of qualifying examination
- Upload photograph, signature and thumb impression in .jpeg/.jpg format. Size of all the uploading documents should be in between 10 to 50 kb.
- Enter verification code
- Click ‘Submit’ button
- Now you will receive an auto generated application number (note it down for future reference)
- Submit fee online
- Upload required documents for completing the application process (if applicable).
- Take a print out of the form for further use.
J&K PET 2018 Application Fee and Mode Of Payment
- Candidates belonging to any category need to pay a fee of Rs 400 as their application fee.
- The payment of application fee can be done by online mode only.
- Candidates can pay their application fee with any national debit/credit card or net banking.
List of documents needed
- Scanned copies of the following self attested/original certificates in PDF format- date of birth certificate, permanent resident certificate, reserved category certificate, qualifying examination certificate (if result declared) etc
- Credit/debit card to pay fee online
J&K PET 2018 Exam Pattern
J&K PET 2018 examination paper will be divided into four sections- Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and English.
- The mode of examination will be offline that is pen and paper
- MCQs will be asked in the examination
- English section contains 30 questions, Chemistry 30, Mathematics 70 and Physics 50
- Total number of questions is 180 in PET 2018 with time duration of 3 hours
- For every wrong answer there will be a deduction of 0.2 marks
- And, for every right answer the candidate will be awarded with 1 mark
J&K PET 2018 Syllabus
|S.No.||Subject Name||No of Questions||Topic wise-no. of questions|
|1||English||30||to-infinitive and-hing forms (3), past perfect-uses (3), sentence patterns (3), sentence patterns (4), clauses-types of clauses & their uses (3), conjunction-types & uses (4), models-modal auxiliaries & their uses (3) and other sentence patterns (3)|
|2||Chemistry||30||chemical reactions & equation (5), periodic classification of elements (4), carbon & its compounds (10), metals & non-metals (6) and acids bases and salts (5)|
|3||Mathematics||70||real numbers (3), arithmetic progression (2), pair of linear equation in two variables (6), polynomials (4), quadratic equations (9), triangles (12), coordinate geometry (7), introduction to trigonometry (10), heights & distances (3), surface areas & volumes (10) and probability (4)|
|4||Physics||50||sources of energy (8), magnetic effects of current (10), electricity (15), the human eye and the colourful world (5) and light-reflection & refraction (12)|
J&K PET 2018 Admit Card
22nd March 2018 is the date from when candidates can download their admit cards. Online admit card will be issued to every eligible applicant indicating name of the examination centre with address, applicant’s name, roll no. etc. Without valid admit card, a candidate will be not allowed to appear in J&K PET 2018. Therefore, it is advised candidates to download their J&K PET 2018 admit cards within the prescribed date.
How To Download JKBOPEE Admit Card?
- Visit JKBOPEE official website @ jkbopee.gov.in/
- Find Examination button and click
- Select PET examination
- Find admit card option and click on that
- Enter required details and submit
- Check and download admit card
J&K PET 2018 Result
The Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination (BOPEE) will declare J&K PET 2018 results by or before 15th April, 2018. Within the prescribed dates, J&K PET 2018 results will be published on the BOPEE’s website
J&K PET 2018 Cut-Off
Cut-off marks are the minimum marks set by the BOPEE’s for candidates to qualify PET 2018. If a candidate wants to get admission in any polytechnic programme through PET 2018 then s/he has to score above J&K PET 2018 cut-off marks. The final merit list will be prepared by the BOPEE on the basis of students’ marks obtained in PET 2018 and qualifying examination i.e. 10th/matriculation.
J&K PET 2018 Counselling
PET 2018 qualified candidates shall be eligible to appear in the physical counselling. Candidates going to appear in counselling need to fill preference form and pay a fee of Rs 500 as their counselling fee.