KCET 2018 Notification :
For the academic year 2018-19, the Karnataka Examinations Authority has released the official notification for CET 2018. It will be a common entrance test for admission to the 1st semester/year farm sciences, technology and engineering programmes. Here, we are going to explain everything about this entrance examination including important dates, eligibility criteria, application process, admit cards, results, cut-off marks etc.
About KCET 2018 (Common Entrance Test)
The Common Entrance Test was started by the Government of Karnataka back in the year 1994. For every academic year, Karnataka Examinations Authority also known as KEA conducts CET for students who want to make their career in the field of engineering, science and technology by getting admission into government and reputed colleges of Karnataka. It is the most reputed entrance examination in India. It is also famous by other names such as CET, K CET or Kar CET.
KCET 2018 2018 Important Dates
Karnataka CET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- As per the official notification, there is no maximum or minimum age limit to apply for Karnataka CET 2018. However, interested candidates are requested to check age limit on KEA official website before filling application.
KCET 2018 Educational Qualifications
- For admission to 1st Year of B.E./B.Tech. course– candidate should passed in 12th/intermediate/2nd PUC with at least 45% (40% for students of ST/SC and others applicable categories) marks aggregate in Mathematics, Physics and Computer/Electronics/Biology/Bio-technology/Chemistry
- For admission to 1st Year of MBBS/BDS course– candidate should qualify in NEET 2018 organized by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) New Delhi
- For admission to 1st Year of B-Pharma course– candidate should pass in 12th/intermediate/2nd PUC with at least 45% (40% for students of ST/SC and others applicable categories) marks aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates passed in Diploma in Pharmacy are also eligible to apply.
Note- a list of minimum educational qualification for all courses is available on Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) official website or click here to download
KCET 2018 Application Fee and Mode Of Payment
- All those candidates who reside in India can make payment from any of the specified bank
- The specified banks are Indian Bank, State Bank of Hyderabad and State Bank of Mysore.
- All the outsiders (candidates residing outside India) can make the payment through demand draft.
- The demand draft needs to be drawn in the favour of the Executive Director of Karnataka Examinations Authority which will be payable at Bangalore, Karnataka.
KCET 2018 Application Form and Process
- The application form for appearing in this entrance exam will be filled online.
- The registration will starts from the fourth week of January 2018.
- And, the registration will be open for students till the first week of March 2018.
- Every candidate should read the instructions carefully before filling up the form to avoid making any mistakes.
- While filling up the form upload scanned photograph of dimensions (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm) and along with left hand thumb impression.
- You also need to upload your signature and as well as your parent signature of dimension 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm on the application form.
- The size of the picture to be uploaded should not be less than 40 KB and larger than 5 KB.
- The format of the picture should be JPEG or JPG format.
- For further use candidates are advised to take the print out of the application form.
- Application form cannot be filled offline and sent through post. Only way to fill up the form is the online mode of application.
Note- all the above-mentioned dates are expected. For confirmed dates, candidates are requested to visit KEA official website or check here for updates.
How To Fill The KCET 2018 Online Application?
- Open the Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) official website
- Click the CET 2018 Application link
- Before you proceed further make sure that you go through all the instructions carefully
- Click on the New user button
- Then, click on ‘Proceed to apply’ for online application form
- Enter all the essential and required details
- Click on the submit button
- Once you submit the form, you will receive an User Id and password on your registered mail id or phone number
- Login with the credentials sent to you over the mail or phone
- Fill your personal details, educational qualifications and communication details etc.
- Upload your scanned photograph, thumb impression and signature
- All these should be there in JPEG or JPG format
- Again click on the submit button
- Download the challan to make the fee payment
- Take a print out of the completed application form for further use
List of documents needed
- Qualifying examination mark sheets to enter personal and educational details
- Scanned documents (if applicable)
- Caste/category certificate (if applicable)
KCET 2018 Exam Pattern
Karnataka CET 2018 entrance examination will be a ‘pen and paper exam’. Appearing students need to sit in a classroom and answer the questions given on the question paper by using a pencil or pen. The exam will be conducted over a period of time and the students can select the exam centre, day and time as per their convenience.
Karnataka state level engineering entrance exam 2018 will have two different papers. Both the papers will be answered on two different days as mentioned above for Mathematics and Biology April 18, 2018 and for Physics and Chemistry April 19, 2018.The language for this exam will be bilingual that is the question paper will be made available in two languages that are English and Kannada.
- The time duration allotted for the exam is one hour and twenty minutes.
- Multiple choice questions will be there.
- The mode of exam is offline that is pen and paper mode.
- Candidates need to fill in the answers in the answer sheet by using a ball point blue or black pen.
- There will be no negative marking for the wrong answers.
- The number of sections in the exam will be two to four.
- There will be 200 questions in total.
KCET 2018 Syllabus
All the topics from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology, which have been covered in PUC 1st and 2nd, year will come under the syllabus of this examination. And to get best rank in this exam a candidate must practice as many previous papers as s/he can.
KCET 2018 Admit Card
The candidates going to appear in Karnataka CET 2018 entrance test need to download their admit cards before 2 weeks from the date of examination. Admit cards will be available on KEA official website, to download it, follow below-mentioned steps.
- Go to KEA official website
- Find and click ‘CET 2018’ link
- Go to the ‘CET 2018 Admit Card’ section
- Enter the required details
- Click ‘Submit’ button
- Save or take print out of your admit card
KCET 2018 Result
The Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) officials will release CET 2018 result in the month of May 2018 (tentative). Results will be only published on KEA official website. Therefore, candidates are required to check the website frequently after CET 2018 examination.
How To Get KCET 2018 Result?
- Visit KEA official website
- Go to the ‘CET 2018’ section
- Find and click ‘Results’ tab
- Enter registration number
- Click ‘Submit’ button
- You will get your ‘CET 2018 result’ on your computer screen
- Download, save or print it
- Exit/close the website
KCET 2018 Cut-Off
CET 2018 Cut-off will be released and published on KEA official website after final result declaration. There will be different cut-off marks for each course. Candidates can check previous years CET cut-off by clicking here.