KCET 2021 Notification : The Karnataka Examinations Authority will release the KCET 2021 notification. Karnataka CET is a state-level entrance test for admission to the 1st semester/year Engineering and Technology, Farm Sciences programs. The other names of the entrance test are CET, K CET, or Kar CET.
The Common Entrance Test was started by the Government of Karnataka back in the year 1994. For every academic year, Karnataka Examinations Authority also known as KEA conducts CET for students who want to make their careers in the field of engineering, science, and technology by getting admission into government and other colleges of Karnataka.
Read further to know about the KCET entrance examination including important dates, eligibility criteria, application process, admit cards, results, cut-off marks, etc.
KCET 2021 Important Dates
|Exam Name||KCET 2021|
|Exam Body||The Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA)|
|Notification Release||Jan 2021|
|Application start date||4th week of Jan 2021|
|Application last date||1st week of March 2021|
|Application Correction Window||March 2021|
|Essential Qualification||Different for each course|
|Exam date||18th, 19th & 20th April 2021|
|Exam Type||Common entrance examination for various programmes|
|Exam centres||In all major districts of Karnataka|
|Apply online at||http://kea.kar.nic.in/cet_2021.htm|
Karnataka CET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- As per the official notification, there is no maximum or minimum age limit to apply for Karnataka CET 2021. However, interested candidates are requested to check the age limit on KEA official website before filling the application.
KCET 2021 Educational Qualifications
- For admission to 1st Year of B.E./B.Tech. course – Candidate should pass in 12th/intermediate/2nd PUC with at least 45% (40% for students of ST/SC and others applicable categories) marks aggregate in Mathematics, Physics, and Computer/Electronics/Biology/Biotechnology/Chemistry
- For admission to 1st Year of B-Pharma course – The candidate should pass in 12th/intermediate/2nd PUC with at least 45% (40% for students of ST/SC and other applicable categories) marks aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates passed in Diploma in Pharmacy are also eligible to apply.
- For admission to 1st Year of MBBS/BDS or Ayurveda or Unani or Homoeopathy courses, candidates should qualify in NEET 2021 organized by the NTA.
- For admission to Architectural programs, candidate must qualify NATA conducted by the Council of Architecture or JEE Paper 2.
- A list of minimum educational qualifications for all courses is available on the Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) official website.
- Click here for the General eligibility clauses.
KCET 2021 Application Fee
KCET Application Fee 2021 for different category candidates are as follows.
- All the candidates who reside in India can make a payment from any of the specified banks (Indian Bank, State Bank India)
- All the outsiders (candidates residing outside India) can make the payment through demand draft.
- The demand draft needs to be drawn in the favour of the Executive Director of Karnataka Examinations Authority which will be payable at Bangalore, Karnataka.
|General and OBC||500 rupees|
|Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe|
|For Outside Karnataka Students|
|All the candidates||750 rupees|
|For students who stay outside India|
|All the candidates||5000 rupees|
KCET 2021 Application Form
- The application form for appearing in this entrance exam will be filled online.
- The registration will start from the fourth week of January 2021.
- And, the registration will be open for students till the first week of March 2021.
- Every candidate should read the instructions carefully before filling up the form to avoid making any mistakes.
- While filling up the form upload a scanned photograph of dimensions (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm) and along with left-hand thumb impression.
- You also need to upload your signature and as well as your parent signature of dimension 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm on the application form.
- The size of the picture to be uploaded should not be less than 40 KB and larger than 5 KB.
- The format of the picture should be JPEG or JPG format.
- For further use, candidates are advised to take the print out of the application form.
- Application form cannot be filled offline and sent through post. The only way to fill up the form is the online mode of application.
Note- all the above-mentioned dates are expected. For confirmed dates, candidates are requested to visit KEA official website or check here for updates.
How To Fill The KCET 2021 Online Application?
- Open the Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) official website
- Click the CET 2021 Application link
- Before you proceed further make sure that you go through all the instructions carefully
- Click on the New user button
- Then, click on ‘Proceed to apply’ for online application form
- Enter all the essential and required details
- Click on the submit button
- Once you submit the form, you will receive a User Id and password on your registered mail id or phone number
- Login with the credentials sent to you over the mail or phone
- Fill your personal details, educational qualifications, and communication details, etc.
- Upload your scanned photograph, thumb impression, and signature
- All these should be there in JPEG or JPG format
- Again click on the submit button
- Download the challan to make the fee payment
- Take a print out of the completed application form for further use
List of Documents Needed
- Qualifying examination mark sheets to enter personal and educational details
- Scanned documents (if applicable)
- Caste/category certificate (if applicable)
KCET 2021 Exam Pattern
Karnataka CET 2021 entrance examination will be a ‘pen and paper exam’. Appearing students need to sit in a classroom and answer the questions given on the question paper by using a pencil or pen. The exam will be conducted over a period of time and the students can select the exam center, day, and time as per their convenience.
Karnataka state-level engineering entrance exam 2021 will have two different papers. Both the papers will be answered on two different days as mentioned above for Mathematics and Biology 18th April 2021, and for Physics and Chemistry 19th April 2021. The language of the KCET exam will be bilingual that is the question paper will be made available in two languages i.e., English and Kannada.
- The time duration allotted for the exam is one hour and twenty minutes.
- Multiple choice questions will be there.
- The mode of exam is offline that is pen and paper mode.
- Candidates need to fill in the answers in the answer sheet by using a ballpoint blue or black pen.
- There will be no negative marking for the wrong answers.
- The number of sections in the exam will be two to four.
- There will be 200 questions in total.
KCET 2021 Syllabus
All the topics from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology, which have been covered in PUC 1st and 2nd year will come under the syllabus of this examination. To get the best rank in this exam a candidate must practice as many previous papers as s/he can.
KCET 2021 Admit Card
The candidates going to appear in the Karnataka CET 2021 entrance test need to download the admit cards before 2 weeks from the date of examination. Admit cards will be available on KEA official website, to download it, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Go to KEA official website
- Find and click ‘CET 2021’ link
- Go to the ‘CET 2021 Admit Card’ section
- Enter the required details
- Click ‘Submit’ button
- Save or take a print out of your admit card
KCET 2021 Result
The Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) officials will release CET 2021 result in the month of May 2021 (tentative). Results will be only published on KEA official website. Therefore, candidates are required to check the website frequently after CET 2021 examination.
How To Get KCET 2021 Result?
- Visit KEA official website
- Go to the ‘CET 2021’ section
- Find and click ‘Results’ tab
- Enter registration number
- Click ‘Submit’ button
- You will get your ‘CET 2021 result’ on your computer screen
- Download, save or print it
- Exit/close the website
KCET 2021 Cut-Off
CET 2021 Cut-off will be released and published on the KEA official website after the final result declaration. There will be different cut-off marks for each course. Candidates can check previous years CET cut-off by clicking here.