KMAT 2019 Admission :
Kerala Management Admission Test as the name implies is conducted in the state of Kerala for the admission of students to the management course. The test is conducted by the University of Kerala. Further, the test is supervised by the Admission Supervisory Committee and also by the Fee Regulatory Committee for Professional Colleges of Kerala. The test is conducted for two times a year once in the month of February and again in the month of June.
For candidates applying to take up management education in the state of Kerala in the year 2019, they will have to take up either the February 2019 or the June 2019 examination. Let us gather some useful details to help candidates planning to apply for KMAT February 2019.
KMAT 2019 Important Dates
Here are some tentative dates for the KMAT February 2019:
|Starting Date to apply||Middle of November 2018|
|Last date for submission of application online||Around 20th of January 2019|
|Date to download hall tickets||From the third week of January 2019|
|Date of Examination||First week of February 2019|
|Publication of Answer Key||Same day of examination|
|Result declaration||Within a week from the date of test|
|Issue of scorecard||Within a week from the date of result declaration|
KMAT 2019 Notification
Candidates planning to apply for the February 2019 KMAT examination can look for the official notification to be released on the official website of KMAT. They can expect the notification anywhere around the first week of November 2018.
KMAT 2019 Eligibility
To apply for the KMAT 2019 February, applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Age Requirement : There is no cap on the upper age limit. However, applicants must have reached at least 21 years to apply for the KMAT 2019.
- Qualification Requirement : To apply, candidates must have completed a UG degree of three-year duration. Even, candidates with a PG in subjects like commerce, engineering/technology, social sciences, arts and management are eligible to apply.
- Minimum Mark Requirement : In the qualifying examination, candidates must have secured at least 50% of marks. SC/ST candidates with at least 40% of marks in the qualifying degree are also eligible to apply.
KMAT 2019 Application Form
The application for KMAT test can be submitted only through online at official website and not through any other sources. They will have to make sure that they submit the application before the last date to apply that they will find in the notification issued by the convening authority.
How To Pay The Application Fee Online?
The application fee for general category candidates is Rs.1000, while the application fee is Rs.750 for reserved category candidates. Candidates can pay the fee online by clicking on “Pay online” button that they will find on the home page of the KMAT Entrance Test. They will have to do the following:
- They will have to select the appropriate option between General candidates and SC/ST Candidates.
- It will take them to a page, where all the details are to be correctly entered. Here, candidates will have to remember that the details like Email ID, Mobile Number, Date of Birth and name cannot be changed once entered. So, candidates are recommended to be careful when entering these details. They will have to enter their DOB in the format of DD/MM/YYYY.
- The Application fee for the general category candidates is Rs.1000 and for SC/ST candidates, the fee payable is Rs.750. This fee can be paid either through debit card/credit card or even through net banking. Once, a candidate pays the fee, he/she will not get the refund under any circumstance. In addition to the application fee, candidates will have to bear the bank charges if any.
- Once they pay the application fee online, the candidates will get an SB Collect Reference Number. Also, they will get a receipt for the payment of the fee. Candidates will have to take a printout of the web-based receipt. Also, they should note down the SB Collect Reference Number. The reason is that they should provide this number when they apply online for the KMAT 2019.
- If a candidate has not got the SB Collect Reference Number. But, the amount is deducted from the account, the candidate will have to contact the appropriate bank branch with their email ID, mobile number, age, date of birth and name. They will get the money remitted by the bank. Again, they will have to pay the fee.
- Once the SB Collect Reference Number is ready, the candidate can apply for the KMAT 2019 on the next working day.
- To fill out the application, candidates will have to visit the Home Page of the KMAT. At this website, they will have to login by entering their SB Collect Reference Number and also the Date of Birth. From this page, the candidate will be taken to a page, where he/she will have to fill out all the educational and personal details.
- Candidates are recommended to give utmost care when filing up the application. They will find that a unique application number will be displayed on the top of the application page. This number should be noted as application number by the applicant. They will need this number later to print the Hall Ticket. It is also essential for future reference.
- Candidates will have to upload their photo and signature in JPG Format. The photo should be of the size 150 x 200 Pixel, while the signature should have the resolution of 150 x 60 Pixel.
- Once everything is over, candidates will have to submit the application form online. They will also have to print the Completed application form. This print out is just for the reference of the candidate and he/she will not have to send it.
KMAT 2019 Exam Pattern
The Kerala KMAT is conducted as an offline pen-paper based test. The test is conducted for duration of 2 hours and 30 minutes. The total number of questions in the test is 180 and the total mark for the test is 720. The test is MCQ test conducted in English and here is the distribution:
- English Language Usage & Reading Comprehension – 50 Questions
- Quantitative Aptitude – 50 Questions
- Data Sufficiency & Logical Reasoning – 40 Questions
- GK & Contemporary Business Scenario – 40 Questions
Each correct answer will bring 4 marks for the candidates. There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
Based on the Kerala Management Admission Test Scores, selected candidates will have to get through the Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds. Some B-Schools might ask the candidates to take part in the Essay Writing or Written Ability Test. Even, some institutions admit students based on the prior academic records, work experience and other factors like extracurricular participation. Just after the entrance test, the selection process lies with the institution to which a candidate applies.
KMAT 2019 Syllabus
The chapters that will be covered in the sections mentioned under the exam pattern section are listed below:
English Language Usage & Reading Comprehension
- Para Jumble
- Fill in the blanks
- Sentence Correction
- Word usage
- Fact Inference Judgment
- Para completion
- Trigonometry – Distances, Heights and Trigonometric Ratios
- Calculus – Function, Maxima and Minima
- Mensuration – Areas and Volumes – Cistern, Popes, Spheres, Cones, Circles, Triangles, Squares and Rectangles
- Geometry – Circles, Triangles, Lines and Angles
- Algebra – Permutation and Combination, Quadratic Equation, Sequence and Series and Theory of Equations
- Arithmetic – Percentage, Simplification, Ratio and Proportion, LCM, HCF and Number System
Data Sufficiency and Logical Reasoning
- Logical Reasoning – Statements, Assumptions, Puzzles, Data Arrangement, Venn Diagram, Syllogism and Blood Relations
- Data Sufficiency – Venn Diagram, Data Sufficiency, Combination of Graphs, Pie Chart, Line Graph and Bar Graph and tables.
General Knowledge and Contemporary Business Scenario
- Trade Awareness
- Sports News
- Personalities in News
- Current Affairs of National and International
- Social Developments
- Politics and Culture
KMAT 2019 Admit Cards
Candidates applying for the Kerala KMAT February 2019 can expect the admit card/hall ticket to be available in the official website of KMAT from the second or third week of January 2019. Here is how to get the admit card:
- Candidates will have to enter into the February 2019 link on the official website of KMAT.
- Here, they will find a link for hall tickets if the convening authority has released it.
- When they click on the appropriate link, candidates will be asked to provide the unique application number. This number is something they would have found on the top of their application page.
- They will have to provide this number and the password is their date of birth.
- Once these details are validated, they will find that the admit card is displayed on their computer screen.
- They will have to take a print out of the admit card and should take it to the examination hall. Otherwise, they will not be allowed to take the test.
KMAT 2019 Results
Once the results are declared, candidates will find that a link to the results will be displayed on the official website of the KMAT after they enter the website by clicking on the February 2019 link.
- When a candidate clicks on the result link, he/she will find that the result is displayed in a PDF page.
- They should search for their name to be present in the PDF page to know whether they have passed the test.
- After a few days, they will find a link on the website to download the scorecard. They will have to login to download the scorecard.
KMAT 2019 Cut-off
The minimum cut-off fixed by the convening authority for the June 2018 KMAT Examination is 108 for General Category candidates, 72 for SEBC and 54 for SC/ST Candidates. Candidates can expect similar cut-off for February 2019 as well.