KVPY 2018 :
Attention KVPY 2018 aspirants out there. The Indian Institute of Science is going to release the official KVPY 2018 notification for scholarship program. According to the latest updates, here we are going to explain everything about this examination including important dates, eligibility criteria, application fee & process, admit card, result, cut-off etc. It is expected that the notification for KVPY 2018 will be published in most of the national newspapers on 11th May 2018 (Technology day).
The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana familiar as KVPY is a national level scholarship program in basic science courses founded and funded by the Department of Science and Technology of the GOI (Government of India). The main objective of conducting KVPY is to attract exceptionally highly motivated, young and dynamic students for pursuing basic science programmes.
KVPY 2018 Important Dates
KVPY 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Age limit and relaxation
As per official notification, there is no minimum or maximum age limit for KVPY 2018 test. However, all the candidates are recommended to visit KVPY’s official website before attempting application process.
Minimum Educational Qualifications
- For Stream SA – A candidate should be in 11th standard (science stream) and passed in class 10th examination with Science & Mathematics with at least 80% marks in aggregate. (For SC/ST/PwD- 70% marks)
- For Stream SX – A candidate should be in 12th standard (science stream) and have to score at least 60% marks (for SC/ST/PwD- 50% marks) in qualifying examination in aggregate (PCB/science stream). Moreover should have passed in class 10th examination with Science & Mathematics with at least 80% marks in aggregate. (For SC/ST/PwD- 70% marks)
- For Stream SB – a candidate should be in first year of any basic science UG course (Biology/Mathematics/Chemistry/Physics) and passed in 12th standard with at least 60% marks (50% for SC/ST/PwD)
KVPY 2018 Application Fee and mode of payment
The candidates of General/OBC categories need to pay a fee of Rs 1000/- as their application fee. For SC/ST/PwD candidates, KVPY 2018 application fee will be Rs 500/- only. Candidates of all the categories need to pay their application fee through online mode only by using a national bank’s debit/credit card or net banking.
KVPY 2018 Application Form & Process
All the KVPY 2018 aspirants are required to know that application must be send online only. Application done in other modes will be rejected by the examination conducting authorities. Candidates can complete their KVPY 2018 application in three simple steps
- Step 1- Registration
- Step 2- Filling online application form
- Step 3- Application fee payment
How To Fill and Submit KVPY 2018 Online Application?
- Open KVPY official website in your browser
- Find and click ‘Online Application for KVPY 2018’ link/button/tab
- Because you are a new candidate therefore firstly you need to get yourself registered on KVPY’s website
- So press ‘Click here for Registration’ link
- Type all the required details and click ‘Submit’ tab
- Now, you will receive an ‘User ID’ and ‘Password’ on your provided email address & mobile number
- Note it down to use them in future
- Now, login with received ‘User ID’ and ‘Password’
- Fill rest of the application form by typing the following details- personal/academic details, exam centre preference etc.
- Now, you have to upload a scanned copy of your latest PP size image, signature and category/caste certificate (if applicable) in prescribed format
- Review all your filled details by clicking ‘Preview Application’ tab
- Do correction if needed
- Click ‘Submit’ button/tab
- Now, make payment online through a credit/debit card/net banking
- Click ‘Submit’ tab
- Don’t forget to take a print out of your final submitted application
- You can also check your ‘Submitted application status after two days by login again with your ‘User ID’ and ‘Password’
List Of Documents Needed
Before attempting online application process, you must have the following documents
- A valid email address
- Working mobile number
- Passed/qualifying examination certificate
- Scanned copies of image, signature and category certificate (if applicable)
KVPY 2018 Examination Pattern
KVPY 2018 will be a CBT (computer based test) conducted in both English and Hindi language. The question paper will be divided into two sections Part I & II. Each section contains MCQs (multiple choice questions). Candidates get three hours to solve whole question paper. However, there is also a provision of negative marking in KVPY 2018.
KVPY 2018 Stream-wise Syllabus
For Stream SA-
- Physics- thermodynamics, gravitation, physical world and measurement, work, energy & power, laws of motion, kinematics , applications in daily life, electromagnetic induction, refraction & reflection, sources of energy, magnetic effects of current etc.
- Chemistry- environmental chemistry, classification of elements & periodicity in properties, states of matter: gases and liquids, carbon compounds, acids, chemical reactions, metals and non-metals etc.
- Mathematics- trigonometric functions, probability & statistics, mathematical reasoning, coordinate geometry, real number, polynomials, geometry, quadratic equations etc.
- biology- cell: structure and function, reproduction, human physiology, plant physiology, diversity of living organisms, life processes, our environment, control & coordination in animals & plants, heredity & evolution etc.
For Stream SX & Stream SB syllabi, candidates are requested to visit official KVPY website
KVPY 2018 Admit Card
All the KVPY 2018 aspirants need to download their admit cards from KVPY’s website before 3 weeks from the date of examination. KVPY 2018 admit card will contain candidate’s basic details along with centre’s name & address. To download admit card, a candidate has to follow few simple steps
- Go to the KVPY official website
- Find & click ‘KVPY 2018 Admit Card Download’ tab
- Enter the required details like application number, DOB etc.
- Click ‘Submit’
- You will get your KVPY 2018 Admit card on your computer’s screen
- Save or download or take a print out
- Take it to the examination centre along with a valid photo ID
KVPY 2018 Examination Centres
KVPY 2018 scholarship test will be held in more than 50 examination centres across India. Name of few are as follows- Visakhapatnam, Vijayawada, Varanasi, Vadodara, Trivandrum, Agarthala, Ambala, Bhopal, Chennai, Durgapur, Guwahati, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Madurai, Mysuru, Patna, Rourkela, Agra, Aurangabad, Bhubaneshwar, Coimbatore, Eranakulam, Huballi, Jalandhar, Kanpur, Mangaluru, Nagpur, Ahamedabad, Belagavi, Calicut, Dehradun, Faridabad, Hyderabad, Jammu, Kolkata, Mohali, Noida, Rajkot, Allahabad, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Delhi, Ghaziabad, Indore, Jamshedpur etc.
KVPY 2018 Result
The KVPY 2018 conducting authorities will release result in the month of Dec 2018. However, this date is tentative. Official KVPY 2018 result declaration date is yet to be released. It is confirmed that KVPY 2018 result will be declared on official website. To check your result, you need to login into your account by using application number and date of birth. All the KVPY 2018 candidates are recommended to take a print out of their result to use in future.
After Aptitude test, there will be an interview in the month of January 2019 and then final results will be declared in the month of March 2019.
KVPY 2018 Cut-Off
The examination conducting authorities will publish final cut-off marks on KVPY’s website after result declaration.
KVPY 2018 Scholarship Amount
A candidate qualified in KVPY 2018 examination will get monthly fellowship as an encouragement and motivation to select a research career in Basic Sciences.
Note : Scholarship through this entrance exam will be effective from August 2019 for the year 2019-2020. Admission of a candidate to the course should be intimated to KVPY office by email on or before September 2019 to enable the commencement of scholarship.