MIT B.Tech 2018 Notification
For the academic year 2018-19, the Manipal Academy of Higher Education has released the official notification for MIT B.Tech 2018. It will be a national level entrance test for B.Tech programme (all streams). If you want to apply for this entrance test then you need to know everything about MIT B.Tech 2018 examination such as official notification, important dates, eligibility criteria, application process, admit cards, results, cut-off etc.
The Manipal Institute of Technology (also known as MIT) is one of the premier institutes in self-financing engineering colleges in India. The college was established in the year 1957 with an aim to teach best academic courses under one roof.
In the year 2000, the Manipal Institute of Technology was recognized as a part of deemed university which is today known as MAHE or Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
The Manipal Institute of Technology offers several Master’s and Bachelor’s courses in engineering field. Moreover, MIT also gives chance to deserving candidates to take part in research. The Manipal Institute of Technology offers several collaborative research programs in allied with leading institutes as well as laboratories in abroad and India.
All the programmes in MIT are supported by top-notch Indian funding agencies such as AICTE, CSIR, DST and the Ministry of Environmental Sciences. Different B.Tech programmes offered at MIT are given below
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Print & Media Technology
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Comm. Engineering
- Industrial & Production Engineering
- Information Technology
- Instrumentation and control engineering
- Computer and Comm. Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics engineering
MIT B.Tech 2018 Important Dates
MIT B.Tech 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Age limit
As per the official notification, there is no maximum age limit to apply for this entrance test. However, at the time of admission/counselling, a candidate should not be less than 17 years.
- Minimum Educational Qualifications
The students applying for MIT B.Tech 2018 must passed in 12th standard from a recognized state or central board with Mathematics and Physics as major subjects.
MIT B.Tech 2018 Application Fee and Mode Of Payment
All the candidates who want to appear in MIT B.Tech 2018 entrance test need to pay a fee of Rs 600 as their application fee and 1400 Rs as their entrance test fee (Total fee is 2000 Rs). Candidates can pay their combined fee in any mode either online or offline. The candidates can use debit/credit card or Net banking to pay fee online.
To pay fee offline, a candidate has to make a demand draft of 2000 INR in favour of Manipal Academy of Higher Education, payable at Udupi or Manipal. At the time of filling online application, a candidate has to fill draft details and send it to the following address- Director, Indian Admissions, Room No. 102, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal – 576 104, Karnataka, India.
MIT B.Tech. 2018 Application Form and Process
MIT B.Tech 2018 interested candidates have to fill and submit online application only as application sent through other modes will be cancelled by the exam conducting authorities. To fill online application, candidates have to follow 3 below-mentioned simple steps
- Step 1- provide personal/academic details
- Step 2- upload documents (photo and signature)
- Step 3- do payment (if paying online) and provide complete address
How To Apply For MIT B.Tech 2018 Programme?
To get admission in MIT B.Tech (any stream) course, a candidate has to fill and submit online application form. Complete ‘how to apply’ process is given below:
- Firstly, you need to register yourself on ‘Manipal Academy of Higher Education’ website
- For online registration, you have to fill the following details- First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Gender, student’s email ID, student’s mobile number, student’s Date of Birth, Parent name, Parent’s email etc.
- Now, select course and category from few dropdown menus
- Now, provide your exact location by selecting options from dropdown menus such as- country, state, city, PIN and Nationality.
- After filling registration form check all the details as you cannot edit them later
- Click ‘Submit and continue’ button
- You will get an auto-generated username and password on your given Email-ID
- Login into your account and fill further remaining details
- Now you need to upload your signature and photo in prescribed format. Candidates are advised to read instructions properly before uploading photo and signature.
- Now you have to pay your application fee online (if you want to pay fee online).
- Take a print out of your finally submitted application and keep it for future reference
Note – Only online application form will be accepted for MIT B.Tech 2018 entrance test. Application forms sent through any other mode will not be accepted by the exam authorities.
List of documents needed
- Valid email address and working mobile number
- 10th/12th mark sheets to fill personal and academic details
- Scanned copies of image and signature in required format
- Draft of requisite amount to fill draft details (if paying fee offline)
- Credit/debit card/net banking details (if paying fee online)
MIT B.Tech 2018 Exam Pattern
Candidates who want to appear in MIT B.Tech entrance test should qualify the main paper. This main paper will be of 3 hours exam. It consists of 150 questions. The main paper will be divided into three major sections- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Each section consists of equal number of questions of same marks weightage. All the questions are multiple choice or objective type.
Within given time duration, candidates need to solve each section. Therefore, candidates need to manage their time efficiently.
MIT B.Tech 2018 Examination Centres
In the year 2018, MIT conducts entrance exam in all the major Indian cities such as Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Jalandhar, Delhi, Bombay, Calcutta, Bhopal, Indore, Ranchi, Raipur, Allahabad, Ahmedabad, Lucknow, Vadodara, Surat, Roorkee, Gwalior, Guwahati, Rajahmundry, Agra etc.
MIT B.Tech 2018 Syllabus
- The syllabus of Mathematics subject : Mathematical reasoning, complex numbers and quadratic equations, sets and functions, calculus, limits and derivatives, trigonometric functions, sets, relations and functions, binomial theorem, sequence and series, algebra, linear inequalities, permutations and combinations, principle of Mathematical Induction, conic section, introduction to the three dimensional geometry, co-ordinate geometry, straight lines, and probability.
- The syllabus of physics – Thermodynamics, behaviour of perfect gas and kinetic theory, work, atoms and nuclei, law of motion, kinetics, energy and power, gravitation, electromagnetic waves, optics, properties of bulk matter, electronic devices, dual nature of matter and radiation, current electricity, physical world and Measurement, motion of system of particles and rigid body, electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, magnetic effects of current and Magnetism, oscillations and waves relations and waves, electrostatics and communication systems.
- The syllabus of chemistry : Environmental Chemistry, solid state, equilibrium, some basic concepts of chemistry, solutions, electrochemistry, thermodynamics, structure of atoms, classification of elements and periodicity in properties, hydrogen, hydrocarbons, chemical kinetics, surface chemistry, aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids, group 17 elements and group 18 elements, d and f block elements lanthanoids and actinoids, organic compounds containing nitrogen -amines, organic chemistry- some basic principles and techniques, polymers and Chemistry in everyday life.
MIT B.Tech 2018 Admit Card
The Manipal Academy of Higher Education will publish MIT B.Tech 2018 Admit Cards on their official website before 2 or 3 weeks from the date of examination. All the MIT B.Tech 2018 aspirants need to download their admit cards by following below-mentioned simple steps
- Go to the official website
- Login into your account
- Locate and click ‘MIT B.Tech 2018 Admit Card’ section
- Enter ‘Application Number’ and ‘Date of Birth’
- Click ‘Submit’ button
- Your admit card will be appeared on your screen
- Check all the details
- Download or take print
MIT B.Tech 2018 Result
Final result will be published on the Manipal Academy of Higher Education website after few weeks from the date of MIT B.Tech 2018 test.
How to check result?
- Go to the Manipal Academy of Higher Education official website
- Login into your account
- Click ‘View your result’ link
- View, download or print your result
MIT B.Tech 2018 Cut Off
After final result declaration, the Manipal Academy of Higher Education will declare and publish cut-off marks on website. Cut-off marks are the minimum marks candidates need to score in MIT B.Tech 2018 entrance test to qualify for MIT B.Tech 2018 counselling.
MIT B.Tech 2018 Counselling
All MIT B.Tech 2018 qualified students have to appear in MIT .Tech 2018 Counselling which is supposed to be held in June’s 2nd week 2018.