UPSC NDA & NA 2020 [Exam Date, Eligibility, Apply Online] : UPSC NDA 2020 Exam will be conducted twice every year, once in April and other in September. UPSC NDA & NA I notification has been released on 8th Jan 2020 for the academic year 2020-21. UPSC NDA & NA II notification will be released on 10th June 2020. UPSC NDA apply online process commence at https://upsconline.nic.in/.
Candidates who want to serve the nation by working in Indian Defence Forces need to clear the NDA examination. After every six months, the UPSC conducts NDA exam for the students who want to join the Navy, Army and Air Force wings of the National Defence Academy. NDA exam stands for National Defence Academy exam, through which a candidate can get admitted in any of the Army, Navy and Air Force wings.
Here, we will provide you all the essential details such as NDA & NA 2020 official notification, important dates, eligibility criteria, application process, admit card, result, cut-off, etc. that you need to know if you like to appear in NDA exam.
- Important Dates
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Fee
- Application Form
- Exam Pattern
- Admit Card
- Cut Off
- SSB Interview
UPSC conducts NDA exam to recruit candidates for the Joint Services academy of the Indian Armed Forces. Every year, end number of applicants comes forward to appear in NDA exam and that’s one of the reasons that it is conducted twice a year.
UPSC NDA & NA 2020 Notification
UPSC NDA & NA 2020 notification (I) has been released on Jan 09, 2020 on the Commission’s official website @ www.upsc.gov.in. UPSC NDA (II) 2020 notification will be released on 10th June 2020. As NDA (I) 2020 notification is released, we have updated a link below to download and read it.
NDA 2020 Important Dates
Exam name UPSC NDA & NA 2020 (I) UPSC NDA & NA 2020 (II) Apply Mode Online Online Notification Jan 08, 2020 10 June, 2020 Application Date Jan 09 to 28 Jan 2020 10 June to 30 June, 2020 Admit cards Issue May 2020 August 2020 Exam Date May 2020 (Sunday) Sep 6, 2020 (Sunday) Exam Type Entrance exam for students who want to join National Defence Academy Exam centers In all Major cities across the country Apply online at http://www.upsc.gov.in/ Result Issue June 2020 Nov 2020
NDA & NA 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Age Limit For NDA Exam I 2020
- Candidate born between July 2, 2000 to July 1, 2003 are only eligible for this exam.
- All the candidates born before July 2, 2000 and after July 1, 2003 are not eligible to write the exam.
Age Limit For NDA Exam II 2020
- Candidate born between January 2, 2001 to January 1, 2004 are only eligible for this exam.
- Candidates born before January 2, 2001 and after January 1, 2004 2003 are not eligible to write the exam.
- Only unmarried males can appear for this exam.
- Girls are not allowed to write this exam.
NDA Physical Health Standards
- According to the standards followed by Naval Academy and National Defence Academy 2020 candidate needs to be mentally and physically strong.
- At the time of the medical examination for NDA exam. A candidate should not be:
- Under sized chest
- Should not have piles
- Wax in ears
- Nasal Septum deviated
- Permanent tattoos are only allowed at the inner face of the forearm. On rest of the parts of the body no permanent tattoos should be there.
|Height (cm)||Weight in ( Kg )|
|Without Shoe||16-17 years||17-18 years||18-19 years|
NDA Other Physical Standards
- Candidate should be physically and mentally fit
- Free from diseases
- Should not have under developed chest
- No impairment function or maldevelopment
- No mental breakdown and fits in the past history
- Normal blood pressure
- Normal hearing
- X ray examination
- Spinal condition examination
- Proper eye sight
- Maddox rod test
- Physical conditioning
NDA 2020 Minimum Educational Qualifications
- The candidates who want to apply for Army Wing of NDA & NA must have completed class 12th from a recognised board or any other degree equivalent to 12th from a recognised board.
- Those candidates who are applying for Indian Air Force and Indian Navy should have passed their 12th with Mathematics and Physics as major subjects.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination can also apply
UPSC NDA & NA 2020 Application Fee
- For General and OBC students the application fee will be 100 rupees.
- Wards of NCOs, Ors and JCOs and all other SC and ST candidates do not need to pay any application fee for the application form.
- To pay fee, candidates can either deposit the money in any SBI branch or pay through online by using a net banking, debit/credit card.
NDA & NA 2020 Application Form and Process
The exam is conducted twice a year and is referred to as NDA I and NDA II. UPSC NDA application form to submit online application will made active to apply online. The official exam dates for the year 2020 have been released through UPSC annual calendar 2020.
For NDA I 2020 Application Form
- Applications form will be available online from January 09, 2020.
- Last date to fill up the application form is February 04, 2020.
- The offline mode is not available, so all the candidates need to fill their forms online only.
- The date of the exam will be on Sunday, April 21, 2020
- The admit cards will be released before a week or two of the exam date.
- And, the results will be announced in the month of May 2020.
For NDA II 2020 Application Form
- Applications form will be available online from 10 June 2020.
- Last date to fill up the application form is 30 June 2020.
- The offline mode is not available, so all the candidates need to fill their forms online only. NDA 2020 II exam will be on Sunday, 6 Sep 2020.
- The admit cards will be released before a week or two of the exam date.
- And, the results will be announced in the month of November 2020.
How To Complete NDA & NA 2020 Registration Process?
- The registration process of NDA & NA exam form will be completed in two parts: Registration part 1 and Registration part 2.
- In registration part 1, students just need to fill in their personal information, education qualifications, email id, mobile number and other essential details.
- After completing registration part one, the candidate will receive a registration number.
- And after that in Registration part 2, students need to select the exam centre of their choice across the country and make the fee payment.
- The fee can be paid online and offline both. The offline payment can be done through e-challan of SBI Bank.
- Candidate need to upload their scanned photograph as well as the signature.
- Then, you just need to accept the declaration.
- You can get your form printed for further use.
List of Documents Needed
- Academic/personal details to fill online application
- Scanned copies of documents in accepted format
- Internet banking/credit/debit card details (if paying online)
NDA & NA 2020 Exam Pattern
NDA & NA 2020 exam paper will comprise of Mathematics and General Ability. The general ability section is further divided into English and General Knowledge.
- The mode of examination will be pen and paper.
- Objective questions will be asked in the exam.
- The question paper will be available in two languages: Hindi and English.
- There will be negative marking for every wrong answer. 0.33 % marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Subject Code Duration Maximum Marks Mathematics 1 2 ½ Hours 300 General Ability Test [English + General Knowledge] 2 2 ½ Hours 600 Total 900 SSB Interview 900 Grand Total 1800
UPSC NDA 2020 Syllabus
Trigonometry, Algebra, Differential Calculus, Vector Algebra, Integral Calculus, Differential equations, Matrices and Determinants, Analytical Geometry, Statistics, and Probability
2. General Ability
Part A (English)
- Grammar Usage
- Test the proficiency in English
Part B (General Knowledge)
All the current events topics related to all the subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, geography, etc. will be covered in this section.
Test Centres for NDA Exam 2020
The exam conducting authority want large number of candidates to appear for NDA 2020 examination. Therefore, the authority is planning to conduct NDA 2020 examination in almost every major city in India including: Ahmedabad, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Gangtok, Hyderabad, Imphal, Itanagar, Delhi, Dharwad, Shillong, Jaipur, Kochi, Kohima, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bareilly, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Dehradun, Patna, Port Blair, Raipur, Shimla, Srinagar, Udaipur and Vishakhapatnam.
A student can select the centers from within India. After selecting a center, candidate will be asked to give three choices and will be assigned one out of those three.
NDA & NA 2020 Admit Card
The NDA & NA 2020 aspirants need to download their admit card from the UPSC official website. All the aspirants are required to know that no Admit Card will be sent by post or any other mode. NDA 2020 admit cards will be available to download 3 weeks before the date of examination.
How To Download e-Admit Card For NDA 2020 Examination?
- Go to the UPSC official website
- On UPSC’s homepage, you will find ‘Admit Cards’ button, click it
- You will be landed on a new page where you find ‘E-Admit Cards for various Examinations of UPSC’ link, click it
- On next page, find and click ‘NDA Examination 2020’ link
- Before downloading NDA 2020 E-admit card, read given ‘Important Instructions’ carefully
- Click ‘Yes’ button
- Click any of the option- ‘By Registration ID’ or ‘By Roll Number’
- If you will click ‘By Registration ID’, you need to enter registration ID, date of birth and captcha code
- If you click ‘By Roll Number’, you need to enter roll number, date of birth and captcha code
- By clicking any option, you will get your admit card
- Download or take a print out
NDA 2020 Result
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will release NDA 2020 written test result after few weeks from the date of examination.
It is expected that NDA & NA 2020 (I) results will be released in the month of May 2020, NDA (II) results will be declared by the end of Nov 2020.
How To Check UPSC NDA 2020 Result?
- Visit UPSC official website
- On home page, find and click ‘Written Results’ button
- You will be redirected on the next page where you will see ‘Exam Name’ ‘download’ and ‘Date of upload’ columns
- Download your result and take a print out
- NDA 2020 written test result will be available to download in PDF format
- Candidates need to find their roll number in PFD file
NDA & NA 2020 Cut Off
If a candidate wants to qualify in NDA & NA 2020 written examination then s/he needs to score above cut-off marks. Cut-off marks are the minimum marks set by the UPSC. NDA 2020 cut off marks will be available to check within one week from the date of declaration of results.
UPSC NDA 2020 Selection Procedure (SSB Interview)
Candidates who qualify NDA 2020 written examination will be called for SSB interview round to be organized in two stages- Stage 1 & Stage 2. SSB interview round will be conducted over four to five days.
Stage 1 of interview will be an Officer Intelligence Rating and Picture Perception & Description Test.
Candidates passed in Stage 2 will be called for Stage II. Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference will be conducted in the second stage. Candidates qualified in both the stages of SSB interview will have to undergo a medical test.
NDA & NA 2020 FAQs
Q. When Will Be The NDA & NA Notification Gets Released?
A. For NDA 2020 I & II exams, notification gets released on January 08, 2020 and June 10, 2020 respectively.
Q. What Are The Last Dates For Receipt Of NDA 2020 Applications?
A. The last dates for receipt of NDA 2020 applications are as follows –
- NDA 2020 I exam – 19 April 2020 (Postponed, Likely in May 2020)
- NDA 2020 II exam – Sept 06, 2020
Q. How To Fill and Submit NDA & NA 2020 Application Form?
A. Interested candidates will have to fill and submit NDA 2020 application form through online mode at website www.upsc.gov.in.
Q. Is It Mandatory To Upload Documents In The NDA 2020 Application Form?
A. Yes, candidates must have to upload the scanned images of photograph and signature in their application form.