NEET 2021 Apply Online process will commence from 2nd December 2020 and the last date of registration will be 6th January 2021. NEET 2021 will be a national level test conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to MBBS / BDS courses in the recognized Medical / Dental colleges in India. NEET 2021 scores will be accepted for admissions to AIIMS & JIPMER Puducherry from the 2020-21 academic year.
- The NEET 2021 Notification will be released in December 2020 and invite online application forms from 2nd Dec 2020 and last date of registration will be 6th Jan 2021.
- Eligible candidates can apply to NEET 2021 through the official website of NTA @https://ntaneet.nic.in/. Before applying online, aspirants must check NEET 2021 eligibility conditions.
NEET 2021 Quick Look
|Organising Body||National Testing Agency|
|NEET 2021 Availability of application form||2nd Dec 2020|
|NEET 2021 Application form last date||1st Jan 2021|
|NEET 2021 Admit Card||15th April 2021|
|NEET 2021 Exam||2nd May 2021|
|NEET 2021 Result||10th June 2021|
|NEET 2021 Official website||www.nta.ac.in|
Highlights Of NEET 2021
- NEET will be held in a single session on 2nd May 2021
- Mode of examination will be ‘Pen & Paper’ based exam
- NEET 2021 results will be announced in the second week of June 2021 through the official website of NTA
- Test Practice Centres (TPCs) will be available from 1st Sept 2020 for NEET 2021 aspirants of rural areas. Interested aspirants of rural areas can use this facility free of cost by selecting the nearest TPC through an app.
Note – Above mentioned information is authentic and approved by the Director-General of NTA. Official press release regarding this is available on NTA’s website.
NEET 2021 Eligibility
NEET Eligibility Criteria are given below
- Indian nationals, NRI, OCI, PIO, and foreign candidates are eligible to apply
- As of 31st Dec 2021, the applicant should be 17 years old but not have attained the age of 25 years. This upper age limit will be for general candidates only. For SC / ST / OBC candidates, the upper age limit will be 30 years.
- NEET 2021 aspirants must have passed class 12th or equivalent examinations with Physics, English, Chemistry & Biology / Biotechnology as compulsory subjects.
- In qualifying exam, aspirants have obtained at least 50% marks (for general applicants only), 40% marks for OBC / ST / SC candidates and 45% marks (for PWDs of general category).
- Candidates appearing in class 12th or equivalent examinations are also eligible to apply for NEET 2021. However, at the time of counseling for admission, they will have to produce a certificate/document of passing qualifying examination. Otherwise, they will not be permitted to appear in further admission process.
- Number of attempts: General – 9, OBC/SC/ST – 14
- Aadhaar card is not mandatory to apply for NEET 2021
How To Apply For NEET 2021?
NEET 2021 application process will be divided into three stages that are as follows
Stage 1 – Registration
- Open the official website of National Testing Agency (NTA) or click here
- On the homepage, you will see the latest news under section ‘Latest @NTA’ and few important tabs
- Search for tab ‘NTA Exams’
- Click the said tab
- Click on link ‘NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST’ available under section ‘Medical’
- A new page will be opened having information on NEET 2021
- Read all the information before applying online
- Then click on tab ‘Registration’ available under the main heading ‘Medical Exam’; there will be also a ‘Login’ tab for already registered users
- On clicking tab ‘Registration’, a new page will be opened having registration form for new user
- Enter your basic details such as name, mobile no. & email address
- Enter other details if asked
- Submit registration form by clicking on button ‘Submit’
- Immediately, you will get a provisional registration no. to your mobile number and email ID
- Use this provisional registration no & date of birth as password to fill further details in your online application
Stage 2 – Filling Up Of Details In Application Form
- Use your login credentials on the login page
- After login, enter the rest details to complete your NEET 2021 application
- Enter your other basic details such as father’s / mother’s name etc.
- Select your category, nationality, etc.
- Enter your academic details like year of passing X / XII examinations, roll no. etc.
- Enter your correspondence and permanent address
- Submit all the details by hitting the tab ‘Save & Next’
- Now, upload scanned files of your latest passport size photo and signature
- Verify all the details before final submission
- Make changes (if required)
- Otherwise click on tab ‘Final Submit’ and proceed further to make payment online
Stage 3 – Submission Of Application Fees
- Now select any of the available payment options
- Enter and submit details to make payment online
- Follow rest instructions carefully
- After submitting application fees online, don’t forget to take print out of e-receipt
- Lastly, print your application form and keep it safe with e-receipt for future reference
Before applying online, NEET 2021 aspirants must keep the following documents/ details ready
- Personal email ID and mobile number (both should be active)
- 10th Academic certificate/mark sheet
- Credit/debit card or details of Net banking / UPI or e-wallet to pay the application fee online
- Soft copies of passport-sized photo, Post Car Sized Photo, LTI and Sign in the prescribed format
|Document||Image size||image size (in kb)||Allowed image Format|
|Passport Size Photograph||-||10 – 200 Kb||JPG/JPEG|
|Post Card Size Photograph||4" x 6 "||50 – 300 Kb||JPG/JPEG|
|Left Thumb impression||-||10 – 50 Kb||JPG/JPEG|
|Class 10th Passing Certificate||-||100-400 Kb||JPG/JPEG|
|Signature||-||4 – 30 Kb||JPG/JPEG|
- All candidates are advised to submit only one application
- Without payment of fees, their application would be considered incomplete
- Submission of application and payment of the fee must be done before the last date i.e. 6th Jan 2021
- Aspirants do not send a hard copy of the application to NTA
NEET 2021 Application Fee & Payment
Candidates belonging to General (UR) / OBC categories will be required to pay an amount of Rs. 1400/- towards application fee. But, for persons with disabilities (PWDs) and candidates belonging to SC / ST categories, the application fee will be Rs. 750/- only.
All the medical course aspirants will have to pay the application fee through online mode only by using either a debit/credit card or net-banking service.
NEET 2021 Statistics
NEET 2021 statistics will be disclosed by NTA after conducting the examination. However, we have last year’s NEET statistics. With NEET 2020 statistics, aspirants can get an idea about this year’s NEET exam
- Registered candidates – 13,26,725
- No. of cities in which NEET 2020 was held – 136
- No. of examination centers – 2255
- Male examines – 5,80,648
- Female examines – 7,46,076
- Transgender – 01
- Indian candidates – 13,23,672
- PIO – 60
- Foreigner – 621
- NRI – 1842
- OCI – 530