NEET Result 2021 : The National Testing Agency will declare NEET UG 2021 result on 5th June 2021. National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET ) is a medical entrance examination conducted by the NTA once a year for admission to MBBS/BDS and other undergraduate medical programs. NEET UG 2021 will be conducted by NTA on 2nd May 2021.
- NEET Result will be released in the form of Scorecard that contains All India Rank (Overall Rank, Quota & Category Rank), Marks scored (Sectional, Overall), Percentile, and Cut Off (Category wise).
- Candidates qualifying in the NEET exam will have to appear in the counseling conducted by MCC, DGHS to grab a medical seat. There are around 65,000 MBBS, 25,000 BDS seats in all the medical and dental colleges in India.
NEET UG Important Dates
Event Date NEET Exam 2 May 2021 NEET Result 5 June 2021 Counseling July 2021
NEET UG 2021 Result Date
NTA will declare NEET UG 2021 Result on its website in the month of June 2021 i.e on 5th June 2021. To check the result, a candidate has to visit the NEET UG 2021 website.
How To Check the NEET UG 2021 Result & Scorecard?
Candidates can follow the below steps to check NEET Result and download NEET Scorecard 2021.
- Open NTA NEET UG official website
- Find and click on ‘NEET(UG) – 2021 Result’ link
- Enter Roll Number and Date of Birth in their respective blank fields
- Click ‘Submit’ tab/button
- Your NEET UG 2021 Result/Scorecard will be opened
- Download and take a print out to present at the time of counseling
NEET Scorecard Details
NEET Scorecard contains the following details.
- Roll Number
- Application Number
- Identity Type
- Candidate Name
- Mother Name
- Father Name
- Date of Birth
- Marks Obtained (Section wise, Total, Percentile, All India Rank)
- All India Quota Rank (for 15% seats) – Overall Rank, Category, Category Rank
- Cut Off Percentile, Score
NEET Answer Key
After conducting the NEET UG 2021 exam, the National Testing Agency will publish the answer key on its website in the month of May 2021.
- Visit NTA NEET website
- Click on NEET UG Answer Key
- Download and take a print out
- Check the answers marked with the NEET Answer Key
- Calculate the score
Challenge Answer Key
Candidates can challenge NEET answers in the Answer Key by paying Rs. 1000/- per answer during the period provided by NTA. If challenges are accepted, the amount will be refunded to the candidate.
- Visit NTA website
- Click on Challenge Answer Key
- Select the question to challenge
- Select your answer and provide justification
- Confirm and pay Rs. 1000/- per answer using debit/credit cards/net banking
- Take a print out of confirmation slip that contains the details of answer challenged
How to Calculate NEET Score?
Candidates can calculate the NEET score by comparing the answers marked with the Answer Key provided by NTA.
- Each correct answer will get 4 marks and each wrong answer will attract a penalty of -1 mark.
- Total Questions = 180
- Total marks = 180 x 4 = 720
Follow the formula below to get the NEET Score.
NEET Score = (Total No. of Correct Answers X 4) – (Total Wrong Answers -1)
NEET Score vs Rank
NEET Score is the total score obtained by the candidates by combing the marks scored in each section. NEET Rank is determined based on the marks obtained by the candidates out of a total of 720 marks relative to the other candidates.
NEET Percentile is the minimum score a candidate needs to score to qualify in the NEET exam. NEET Percentile is determined based on the relative position of the candidate with the top marks scorer/ rank secured. Category wise NEET qualifying percentile is tabulated below.
|OBC/SC/ST and others||40|
NEET Percentile (Based on highest marks) = Individual Score X 100/ Marks obtained by topper
NEET Percentile (Based on Rank) = Rank Secured/ Total appearing candidates X 100
NEET UG 2021 Cut-off
- After the NEET result declaration, the NTA will publish cut-off marks on its official website in the month of June 2021.
- Final cut-off marks will be announced on the basis of participant’s marks range, a number of participants & category.
- After declaring cut-off marks, NTA will prepare a final merit list containing all India ranks.
15% Quota Cut Off
NEET Merit List
NTA will prepare NEET Merit List according to the guideline of the Supreme Court, DGHS, MCI, and DCI. after the declaration of results.
- Merit list will be prepared for 15% All India Quota seats.
- Merit list will be prepared based on the All India Rank and Reservation Policy.
- No category wise merit list will be prepared and only centralized merit will be prepared.
- The number of candidates in the merit list will be equal to the seats available under 15% All India Quota.
- The waitlist will be released with 4 times the total number of seats under 15% All India Quota.
- States will prepare separate merit lists based on the All India Ranks and category of the candidate.
- NEET UG 2021 counseling will be organized by the MCC (Medical Counseling committee), DGHS for 15% seats after receiving a merit list by NTA.
- NEET Counseling will be held for All India Quota seats/ Institutional Quota/ Domicile (internal candidates) of Central Universities, ESIC internal quota seats, Armed Forces Medical Colleges, Pune.
- For the Institutional Quota seats (BHU, University of Delhi, AMU, Jamila Milia, ) candidates must register at the official website of Medical Counseling Committee @www.mcc.nic.in.
- Andhra Pradesh and Telangana candidates are eligible for participation against a 15% quota of All India Quota.
- Candidates must pay a non-refundable counseling fee and refundable tuition fee at the time of registration for counseling.
- To get admission in the state medical colleges, candidates need to follow state guidelines and participate in the counseling conducted by the state.
NEET Tie Breaker
If two or more candidates score the same marks in NEET (inter-se-merit), the following criteria will be followed to break a tie.
- Candidates with higher marks secured in Biology will be preferred.
- If tie still persists, candidates with higher marks in Chemistry will be preferred.
- If tie still persists, candidates with less number of wrong answers will be preferred.
- Candidates older in age will be preferred.
Number Of Students Appear
The exact number of students appeared will be disclosed in due course but, it is expected that around 14 lakh students will participate in NEET UG medical entrance test for admission to MBBS/BDS programs in all the private, government, deemed institutions/colleges located in India.