NEET 2018 official notification is going to be released in the month of January 2018.In this article you will get details on Notification, Eligibility, Application form, Exam pattern, Exam dates, Syllabus, Admit cards, Results and cutoff. NEET is common entrance exam for admissions into medical colleges throughout India.
The Central Board of Secondary Education also called as CBSE is one of the most prestigious government bodies in India. Basically, the Central Board of Secondary Education is an educational body which conducts several types of entrance exams every year. NEET-UG is one of them.
The NEET or National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test is a kind of entrance test for those candidates who want to take admissions in MBBS /BDS courses in medical universities/institutions/colleges in India run by authorization of Medical Council of India /Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the colleges/institutions formed through an Act of Parliament i.e. JIPMER and AIIMS Pondicherry.
- Important Dates
- Application Form
- Exam Pattern
- Admit Card
- Cut Off
NEET 2018 Official Notification
For the academic year 2018-19, CBSE is going to release the official notification of NEET-UG 2018 exam in the month of January 2018. For the year 2018, CBSE is going to conduct this exam on the 7th May 2018 (Sunday). The CBSE role is limited to the following responsibilities w.r.t. NEET exam.
- The conduct of the entrance test
- Result declaration and
- Preparation of AIR on the basis of candidates scores
CBSE prepares all India Rank and submit to the Directorate General Health Services, Government of India. DGHS conduct counseling for 15% All India Quota seats and supply merit list to states.
NEET 2018 Important Dates
Important Points To Be Remembered
- This exam will be held on 7th May 2018 (Sunday) from 10:00 am to 01:00 pm.
- NEET-UG 2018 exam will be held in offline mode i.e., “pen and paper mode” and question paper consists of objective type questions.
- Only online application forms will be accepted by the exam conducting body. There will be no procedure of offline form submission.
- Each candidate gets three attempts to appear in NEET-UG exam
- UIDAI or Adhaar number is mandatory for this exam.
- Candidates are advised to retain the following documents to use in future- proof of fee paid, three copies of online application form, five similar passport size photographs, 2 similar post card-sized photos etc.
- Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate
- Candidates can download their admit cards, Result, Marks cum Rank Sheet/Rank Letter etc from the official website
- Applicants must fill-up online form and pay fee well in advance to avoid last hour rush on the server. No request regarding non-submission of application (due to any reason) will be entertained.
NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality – An applicant should be Indian Citizen or OCI/ Overseas Citizen of India can also apply. Candidates from the state of AP, Telangana, J&K are not eligible for All India Quota of 15% seats as these states opted out of All India Quota. The state quota of 100% for these states will be for only those candidates that belong to the concerned state.
- Age – At the time of admission to the 1st year BDS/MBBS course, a candidate should be 17 years old. From 2018, General and OBC candidates will have 9 attempts and SC/ST candidates can attempt 14 times.
Minimum Educational Qualifications
- The candidates applying for NEET-UG 2018 must have passed in 10+2/intermediate examination from a recognized state or central board with English, Chemistry, Physics and Biology/Bio-technology as subjects.
- Apart from this a candidate should have secured minimum Qualifying marks in the qualifying examination and it is 50% for General, 45% for General PH candidates and 40% for candidates belong to SC/ST/OBC.
Note – final year +2 students can also apply for NEET-UG 2018.
NEET 2018 Exam Date and Fee Details
- NEET-UG 2018 exam will be conducted on 7th May, 2018 (Sunday) from 10:00 am to 01:00 pm. The duration of test will be 3 hours. Candidates must note down that this exam date is confirmed and will remain unchanged even if the above date is declared a public holiday.
- General/OBC candidates need to pay Rs.1400/- (INR) as their online application fee. On the other hand, candidates belong to SC/ST categories need to pay Rs.750/- (INR) as their online application fee. All the candidates need to pay their fee online through a debit/ credit card or net banking.
NEET 2018 Application Form Online
NEET-UG 2018 interested candidates are required to know that only online application form through NEET’s official website will be accepted by the exam organizers. Application sent in other modes will be not accepted.
How To Fill Application Form?
- Visit official website www.cbseneet.nic.in
- Download and Read ‘NEET-UG 2018’ official notification carefully to know eligibility criteria and other things
- now, find and click “Apply On-Line” button
- you will be landed onto the new page
- At Step 1, fill all the required details
- At Step 2, you need to upload scanned copies of photo and signature in required format
- At Step 3, a candidate need to pay his/her online application fee as per provided payment modes
- At Step 4, a candidate needs to write down the application/registration number and take a print out of confirmation page/complete online application form/payment receipt and keep it to use in future
NEET 2018 Seats Reservation
There is also a provision of reservation in NEET-UG 2018 entrance exam. Reserved seats will be filled as per the reservation outlined by the government of India which is tabulated below.
NEET 2018 Exam Pattern
Entrance test will be held in offline mode (‘pen & paper’). Paper consists of 180 multiple choice questions (each question comes with 4 answers including correct one) from Biology (Botany & Zoology), Physics and Chemistry. Candidates need to answer questions on the specially designed machine-readable paper using Ball Point Pen provided by CBSE at examination centre only. The duration of test would be of 03 hours.
NEET-UG 2018 question paper will be available in several languages such as Hindi, English, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Assamese, Bengali, Oriya, Marathi, and Gujarati. A candidates needs to opt any of the language for his/her question paper. Select question paper’s language properly because you cannot change it later.
Each question carries 4 marks and there will be negative marking of one mark for each wrong answer.
NEET 2018 Syllabus
- Physics – Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, atoms & nuclei, oscillations & waves, behavior of perfect gas & kinetic theory, physical world and measurement Electrostatics, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Kinematics, laws of Motion, magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Current Electricity, electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Work, Energy and Power, electromagnetic Waves, Gravitation Optics and properties of Bulk matter.
- Chemistry – Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques, biomolecules, polymers, chemistry in Everyday Life, Alcohols, Phenols & ethers, aldehydes, Ketones & Carboxylic Acids, organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, hydrocarbons, solutions, solid state, some basic concepts of chemistry, structure of atom, haloalkanes & haloarenes, s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals), Coordination Compounds, General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements, States of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, surface chemistry, electrochemistry, etc.
- Biology – ecology & environment, biotechnology and its application, human physiology, plant physiology, biology & human welfare, cell structure & function, genetics & evolution, Structural Organization in Animals and Plants, reproduction and diversity in Living world.
Note : For complete syllabus click here.
NEET 2018 Admit Card
The candidates can download Admit Card for the Examination from official website www. Admit cards will be available from First week of April 2018.
A Candidate’s admit card will have the following details- candidate’s Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, Roll Number, Photograph, Signature, Category, Sub-Category, Question Paper’s language with name & Address of exam centre allotted. The applicant must carefully scrutinize the Admit Card downloaded by her/him for all the entries made therein. Contact concerned authorities If errors are found.
How To Download Admit Card
- Visit Official Website by clicking here
- Find Admit cards option and click
- Enter required details and submit
- View and download/ Print admit card
Note – Admit cards will not be sent by the post
NEET 2018 Results
Results will be declared after one month of the exam. The CBSE will prepare the merit list and wait list according to the directives of, DCI, MCI and DGHS. No category wise result sheet will be prepared. CBSE will host the results on the website and thereafter candidates can download the Result Sheet. All students appearing in NEET-UG 2018 entrance test should check the web portals of Medical Counseling Committee (www.mcc.nic.in), CBSE, MOHFW, and Participating Institutions/States/Universities/ Institutions till conclusion of final round of Counseling.
Note- Applicants are recommended to visit official website of NEET and check notice/events and regularly check their mail and may get latest updates via SMS on their given mobile number.
How To Download NEET 2018 Results
1. Log on to official website of NEET by clicking here
2. Find Online Services, under that find and click on NEET (UG) 2018 result
3. Enter Roll number and Date of birth and submit
NEET 2018 Cut Off
Students can know final cut off after NEET-UG 2018 result declaration through NEET official website. Candidates should get minimum percentile to get qualified. Category wise minimum percentile is given below.