NEET 2021 Registration : NEET 2021 notification will be released in the first week of December 2020 by NTA on its website @https://www.ntaneet.nic.in/. National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the NEET UG exam every year. The National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a national level entrance test for admissions to MBBS /BDS Courses in the medical universities/institutions in India.
NEET is a common all India exam for admission to medical courses at Institutions run by the authorization of Medical Council of India /Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India along with the colleges/institutions formed through an Act of Parliament i.e. JIPMER and AIIMS.
- NEET Registration process commences from 2nd December 2020 and the last date to apply online is 6th Jan 2021.
- Candidates must submit an online application form on the NEET NTA portal @https://www.ntaneet.nic.in/ to appear in the NEET exam.
- NEET exam will be conducted through pen & paper mode (offline) in the month of May 2021.
- NEET Result 2021 will be declared in June 2021 and OMR and Answer key will be released within a week after the exam.
Read further for details on NEET Notification, Eligibility, Application form, Exam Pattern, Exam dates, Syllabus, Admit cards, Results, and cutoff.
- Important Dates
- Application Form
- Exam Pattern
- Admit Card
- Cut Off
NEET 2021 Official Notification
NTA will release the official notification of the NEET-UG 2021 exam in the month of December 2020. NTA will conduct the NEET exam on 2nd May 2021 (Sunday). The NTA role is limited to the following responsibilities w.r.t. NEET exam.
- The conduct of the entrance test
- Result declaration and
- Preparation of AIR on the basis of candidates scores
NTA prepares all India Rank and submits to the Directorate General Health Services, Government of India. DGHS conduct counseling for 15% All India Quota seats and supply merit list to states.
Download NEET 2021 Notification Pdf
NEET 2021 Important Dates
|Exam name||NEET UG 2021|
|Essential Qualification||Must passed in 10+2 exam in the respective subject applied for|
|Notification||1st week of December 2020|
|Application form start date||1st week of December 2020|
|Application form End date||1st week of Jan 2021|
|Exam date||2nd May, 2021 (Sunday) from 10:00 am to 01:00 pm|
|Exam Type||Entrance exam for admission to MBBS/BDS courses|
|Exam mode||Offline (Pen & Paper)|
|Admit Card||First week of April 2021|
|Exam Centres||In all Major cities of India|
- NEET exam will be held on 2nd May 2021 (Sunday) from 10:00 am to 01:00 pm.
- NEET-UG 2021 exam will be held in offline mode i.e., “pen and paper mode” and the question paper consists of objective type questions.
- Only online application forms will be accepted by the exam conducting body. There will be no procedure for offline form submission.
- Each candidate gets three attempts to appear in NEET-UG exam
- UIDAI or Adhaar number is mandatory for this exam.
- Candidates are advised to retain the following documents to use in future- proof of fee paid, three copies of the online application form, five similar passport size photographs, 2 similar post-card-sized photos, etc.
- Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate
- Candidates can download their admit cards, Result, Marks cum Rank Sheet/Rank Letter, etc from the official website
- Applicants must fill-up online form and pay fees well in advance to avoid the last hour rush on the server. No request regarding non-submission of application (due to any reason) will be entertained.
NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
An applicant should be an Indian Citizen or OCI/ Overseas Citizen of India who can also apply.
- Candidates from the state of AP, Telangana, J&K are not eligible for All India Quota of 15% seats as these states opted out of All India Quota.
- The state quota of 100% for these states will be for only those candidates that belong to the concerned state.
At the time of admission to the 1st year BDS/MBBS course, a candidate should be 17 years old. From 2021, General and OBC candidates will have 9 attempts and SC/ST candidates can attempt 14 times.
Minimum Educational Qualifications
- The candidates applying for NEET-UG 2021 must have passed in 10+2/intermediate examination from a recognized state or central board with English, Chemistry, Physics, and Biology/Biotechnology as subjects.
- Apart from this, a candidate should have secured minimum qualifying marks in the qualifying examination and it is 50% for General, 45% for General PH candidates and 40% for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC.
Note – Final year +2 students can also apply for NEET-UG 2021.
NEET Application Fee
- General/OBC candidates need to pay Rs.1400/- (INR) as their online application fee. On the other hand, candidates belonging to SC/ST categories need to pay Rs.750/- (INR) as their online application fee. All the candidates need to pay their fees online through a debit/ credit card or net banking.
NEET 2021 Application Form Online
NEET-UG 2021 interested candidates are required to know that only online application form through NEET’s official website will be accepted by the exam organizers. Application sent in other modes will be not accepted.
How To Fill Application Form?
- Visit the official website www.ntaneet.nic.in
- Download and Read ‘NEET-UG 2021’ official notification carefully to know eligibility criteria and other things
- now, find and click “Apply On-Line” button
- you will be landed onto the new page
- At Step 1, fill all the required details
- At Step 2, you need to upload scanned copies of photo and signature in the required format
- At Step 3, a candidate need to pay his/her online application fee as per provided payment modes
- At Step 4, a candidate needs to write down the application/registration number and take a print out of confirmation page/complete online application form/payment receipt and keep it to use in future
|Document||Image size||image size (in kb)||Allowed image Format|
|Passport Size Photograph||-||10 – 200 Kb||JPG/JPEG|
|Post Card Size Photograph||4" x 6 "||50 – 300 Kb||JPG/JPEG|
|Left Thumb impression||-||10 – 50 Kb||JPG/JPEG|
|Class 10th Passing Certificate||-||100-400 Kb||JPG/JPEG|
|Signature||-||4 – 30 Kb||JPG/JPEG|
NEET 2021 Seats Reservation
There is also a provision of reservation in the NEET-UG 2021 entrance exam. Reserved seats will be filled as per the reservation outlined by the government of India which is tabulated below.
NEET 2021 Exam Pattern
- NEET entrance test will be held in offline mode (‘pen & paper’). Paper consists of 180 multiple choice questions (each question comes with 4 answers including correct one) from Biology (Botany & Zoology), Physics, and Chemistry.
- Candidates need to answer questions on the specially designed machine-readable paper using Ball Point Pen provided by NTA at the examination center only. The duration of the test would be of 03 hours.
- NEET-UG 2021 question paper will be available in 11 languages such as Hindi, English, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Assamese, Bengali, Oriya, Marathi, and Gujarati.
- A candidate needs to opt for any of the offered language for his/her question paper. Select the question paper’s language properly because you cannot change it later.
- Each question carries 4 marks and there will be negative marking of one mark for each wrong answer.
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks||Time Duration|
|Biology (Botany)||45||180||3 Hours|
NEET 2021 Syllabus
- Physics – Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, atoms & nuclei, oscillations & waves, the behavior of perfect gas & kinetic theory, physical world and measurement Electrostatics, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Current Electricity, Electromagnetic Induction, and Alternating Currents, Work, Energy and Power, electromagnetic Waves, Gravitation Optics and properties of Bulk matter.
- Chemistry – Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques, biomolecules, polymers, chemistry in Everyday Life, Alcohols, Phenols & ethers, aldehydes, Ketones & Carboxylic Acids, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, hydrocarbons, solutions, solid-state, some basic concepts of chemistry, structure of atom, haloalkanes & haloarenes, s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals), Coordination Compounds, General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements, States of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, surface chemistry, electrochemistry, etc.
- Biology – Ecology & environment, biotechnology, and its application, human physiology, plant physiology, biology & human welfare, cell structure & function, genetics & evolution, Structural Organization in Animals and Plants, reproduction, and diversity in the Living world.
NEET 2021 Exam Date
NEET-UG 2021 exam will be conducted on 2nd May 2021 (Sunday) from 10:00 am to 01:00 pm. The duration of the test will be 3 hours. Candidates must note down that this exam date is confirmed and will remain unchanged even if the above date is declared a public holiday.
NEET 2021 Admit Card
The candidates can download Admit Card for the Examination from the official website www. Admit cards will be available from the first week of April 2021.
A Candidate’s admit card will have the following details- candidate’s Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, Roll Number, Photograph, Signature, Category, Sub-Category, Question Paper’s language with name & Address of exam center allotted.
The applicant must carefully scrutinize the Admit Card downloaded by her/him for all the entries made therein. Contact concerned authorities If errors are found.
How To Download Admit Card?
- Visit Official Website by clicking here
- Find Admit cards option and click
- Enter the required details and submit
- View and download/ Print admit card
Note – Admit cards will not be sent by the post
NEET 2021 Result
Results will be declared after one month of the exam. The NTA will prepare the merit list and waitlist according to the directives of, DCI, MCI, and DGHS. No category wise result sheet will be prepared. NTA will host the results on the website and thereafter candidates can download the Result Sheet.
All students appearing in NEET-UG 2021 entrance test should check the web portals of the Medical Counseling Committee (www.mcc.nic.in), NTA, MOHFW, and Participating Institutions/States/Universities/ Institutions till the conclusion of the final round of Counseling.
Note – Applicants are recommended to visit the official website of NEET and check notice/events and regularly check their mail and may get the latest updates via SMS on their given mobile number.
How To Download NEET 2021 Results?
- Log on to the official website of NEET
- Find Online Services, under that find and click on NEET (UG) 2021 result
- Enter Roll number and Date of birth and submit
- Check the result
- Take a print out
NEET 2021 Cut Off
Students can know the final cut off after the NEET-UG 2021 result declaration through NEET official website. Candidates should get the minimum percentile to get qualified. Category wise minimum percentile is given below.
|OBC/SC/ST and others||40|