NEST 2022 – NEST Notification 2022 : NEST 2022 Notification will be released in the first week of Jan 2022 on the website @ https://www.nestexam.in/. NEST Apply Online process will commence from Jan 2022 and the last date of registration will be March 2022. The University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM–DAE CEBS) and the National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar together release the official notification of NEST 2022.
- The National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) is the competitive college entrance examination in India.
- The National Entrance Screening Test also known as NEST 2022 will be an entrance test for admission into the UM-DAE CEBS Mumbai and NISER Bhubaneswar.
- By qualifying NEST 2022, a candidate can get admission to the 5-years integrated M.Sc. programme in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, and basic sciences at (UM-DAE CEBS) and NISER Bhubaneswar.
Read further to know about the NEST entrance examination including important dates, eligibility criteria, application fee & process, admit card, result, cut-off, etc.
NEST 2022 Important Dates
|Exam name||NEST 2022|
|Exam Body||UM-DAE CEBS Mumbai and NISER Bhubaneswar|
|Essential Qualification||XII/Sr. Secondary exam or equivalent |
with at least 3 subjects among Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology
|60% marks in aggregate (55% for SC/ST/PwD candidates)|
|Examination mode||Online (CBT or computer based test)|
|Start of Application||1st January 2022 (6 pm)|
|End of Application||05 March 2022 (midnight)|
|Admit cards||April 25th, 2022 (10:00 am)|
|Exam date and time||June 02, 2022 (Saturday) and 10 am - 1 pm|
|Common Merit List||June 18, 2022|
|Exam Type||Entrance examination for admission in 5-years integrated M.Sc. programme|
|Exam centres||All over India (major towns & cities)|
|Apply online||NEST 2022 website (www.nestexam.in)|
NEST 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates applying for NEST 2022 must have born on or after 1st August 2022. Such candidates are eligible to take admission in a 5-years integrated M.Sc. program at UM-DAE CEBS Mumbai and NISER Bhubaneswar.
Age Relaxation/ Reservation
As per the rules, PwD/SC/ST category candidates are eligible for age relaxation. The maximum age limit is relaxed by 5 years for them.
Minimum Education Qualifications
A Candidate who wants to apply for NEST 2022 must have passed in senior secondary (12th) examination or equivalent with at least 3 subjects among Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, and Biology from any recognized central/state board in India with 60% marks in aggregate (55% for SC/ST/PwD candidates).
Note – Candidates opting for relaxation in age or educational qualifications need to produce a supporting category certificate at the time of admission.
NEST 2022 Application Fee
- The male candidates of OBC/General categories have to pay a fee of Rs 1000/- as their NEST application fee.
- On the other hand, all female applicants and candidates of SC/ST/PwD categories have to pay a fee of Rs 500/- as their application fee.
- All the candidates have to make payments online using a national debit/credit card/net banking.
NEST 2022 Application Form and Process
NEST 2022 online application forms will be available on the official website. To apply, candidates need to fill and submit an online application.
How To Apply For NEST 2022?
- Open NEST 2022 official website
- Before clicking the ‘Apply online’ button/tab, click ‘how to apply’
- Read ‘NEST 2022 – Online Registration and Application’ instructions properly
- Go back and now click the ‘Apply online’ button
- You need to click the ‘Get Registered’ link for new registration (sign-up)
- On clicking the ‘Get Registered’ link, you will be landed on a new page where you have to fill few ‘Personal details’ to get yourself registered such as your Full Name (As in Class – X Certificate), Date of Birth, 10th Roll No./Registration No, Gender, Mobile No, confirm Mobile No, email id, and confirm email id
- Enter the captcha code and click the ‘Register’ button
- On clicking the ‘Register’ button, you will immediately receive an Email at your provided e-mail ID with a link for the login page and login credentials. Along with this, you will also receive an SMS on your provided mobile number with login/user ID and password
- After all this, you will become a NEST 2022 registered user
- Now click the ‘login’ button (only for registered users)
- You will be landed on a new page (candidate login page) where you have to enter user id and password in their respective fields
- Click the ‘Login’ button
- After logging into your account, you have to fill the ‘Exam City Preference’ field by selecting a town/city from the dropdown menu. You can select up to 5 towns/cities
- Click ‘Save and Next’
- Now, enter your ‘Educational Qualification Details’
- Upload passport size image and signature of size not more than 80 kb.
- Pay your application fee online and click ‘I agree’ button
- Click ‘Submit’
- Take a printout of your final submitted online application
List of Documents Needed
- Valid email address and working mobile number
- 10th mark sheet or certificate to fill personal details in the online registration form
- Scanned copies of signature and passport image of size not more than 80 kb
- Debit/credit card/net banking details to pay the fee online
NEST 2022 Exam Pattern
- NEST 2022 examination will be a CBT (computer-based test) and contains 5 sections of multiple type questions.
- SECTION I will consist of General MCQs of 30 marks. SECTION I will be also known as the general section. There is no negative marking in the General section.
- SECTION II, III, IV, & V also contains MCQs from specific subjects (Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, and Biology) and each section is of 50 marks. There will be negative marking for wrong answers in certain subjective questions.
- For some questions, there will be more than one answer, candidates have to choose all the correct answers to get the marks.
- A candidate is allowed to attempt as many subject sections as s/he wishes to get the better score as only three sections best score is considered for merit by leaving the least score.
|Sections||Name of the Subjects||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Any 3 Sections|
NEST 2022 Syllabus
- SECTION I General Section
Major historical events/milestones in biology, mathematics, computer science, physics, chemistry, environment, and astronomy. Questions in this section aim to test the applicant’s aptitude, quantitative, and qualitative skills.
- SECTION II Biology
Cell Biology, Genetics & Evolution, ecology, humans & environment, biotechnology, Biology of Animal systems, circulatory system, excretory system, nervous system, reproductive system, developmental biology, immunology, the biology of Plant systems, Plant breeding & tissue culture, Binomial nomenclature, familiarity with taxa, and principles of classical & new systematics, etc.
- SECTION III Chemistry
Measurements in chemistry, mole concept, polymers, amino acids & proteins, carbohydrate, amines, carboxylic acids, ketones & aldehydes, ethers, phenols, alcohols, haloarenes, haloalkanes (Alkyl halides), aromatic compounds, alkynes & alkenes, alkanes, nomenclature, isomerism, reactive intermediates, basic concepts of organic Chemistry, metals & metallurgy, coordination compounds, p, d & f-block elements, classification of elements & periodicity in properties, surface chemistry, solutions, solid-state, chemical kinetics, electrochemistry, Chemical equilibrium, thermodynamic states, atomic structure & chemical bonding, gaseous & liquid states, etc.
- SECTION IV Mathematics
Vectors, integral calculus, differential calculus, analytical geometry, trigonometry, logarithms & their properties, relations between roots & coefficients, geometric interpretations, permutations & combinations, symmetric functions of roots, quadratic equations with real coefficients, triangle inequality, cube roots of unity, etc.
- SECTION V Physics
Photoelectric effect, modern physics, optics, electromagnetic induction, capacitance, dimensional analysis, electric field & potential, Coulomb’s & Gauss’s laws & their application in simple cases, thermal physics, mechanical & sound waves, pressure in a fluid, conservation of angular momentum, least count, significant figures, parallel & perpendicular axes theorems, centripetal acceleration & centrifugal force, Graphical representation & interpretation of data, measurement of length, potential difference, current, resistance, time, mass, temperature, etc.
NEST 2022 Admit Card
Candidates can download NEST 2022 Admit cards from the online application portal from 25th April 2022. All the candidates have to bring the admit card along with their identity card to the examination center. To download NEST 2022 admit card, you need to follow few below-mentioned simple steps.
- Go to the NEST 2022 official website
- Click the ‘Login’ link/button
- Login into your account
- Click and find the ‘Download admit card’ section
- Download and take a printout of admit card
- Hit the ‘Logout’ button
NEST 2022 Examination Centers
As per the examination conducting officials, NEST 2022 will be held in more than 100 examination centers across India. The name of NEST 2022 test centers are as follows – Siliguri, Kolkata, Coimbatore, Hooghly, Rayagada, Khurda, Jharsuguda, Meerut, Chennai, Mangalore, Alappuzha, Hubballi, Bengaluru, Lucknow, Kanpur, Allahabad, Imphal, Pune, Coimbatore, Mumbai, Greater Noida, Shimla, Kasaragod, Raipur, Gwalior, Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Angul, Kollam, Nellore, Amritsar, Mysuru, Jammu, Warangal, Salem, Madurai, Kozhikode, Bhuj, Srinagar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Jaipur, Kannur, Ernakulam, Guntur, Chirala, Patna, New Delhi.
NEST 2022 Result
NEST 2022 result will be declared at the NEST official website on 18th June 2022. Candidates can check their results online on the prescribed date.
How to Check NEST Result?
- Visit NEST website
- Click on the NEST Result link
- Enter User Id and Password
- Check NEST result and Download Scorecard
NEST 2022 Cut-Off
On the basis of all candidates’ performance, final NEST cut-off marks will be set by the board. Cut-off marks will be prepared on a total score of the General section and the best 3 scores in the subject sections (SMAS – Section-wise Minimum Admissible Score). THE expected NEST cut-off in MAP (Minimum Admissible Percentile) is given below.
NEST counseling will be held after the announcement of the result and merit list. Selected candidates must attend the offline counseling at the respective Institutions of NISER and CEBS for document verification and seat allotment. Candidates will be allotted seats in the respective courses and Institutions.