NEST 2018 – NEST Notification 2018 :-
For the academic year 2018-19, the University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM–DAE CEBS), Mumbai and the National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar have together released the official notification for NEST 2018. Here, in this piece of writing, we are going to discuss everything about this entrance examination including important dates, eligibility criteria, application fee & process, admit card, result, cut-off etc.
The National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) is one of the highly competitive college entrance examinations in India. The National Entrance Screening Test also known as NEST 2018 will be an entrance test for admission into the UM-DAE CEBS Mumbai and NISER Bhubaneswar. By qualifying NEST 2018, a candidate can get admission to the 5-years integrated M.Sc. programme in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and basic sciences at University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Center for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai and National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar.
NEST 2018 Important Dates
NEST 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Age limit
The OBC/General category candidates applying for NEST 2018 must have born on or after 1st Aug, 2018. Such candidates are eligible to take admission in 5-years integrated M.Sc. programme at UM-DAE CEBS Mumbai and NISER Bhubaneswar.
- Age Relaxation/ Reservation
As per the government of India rules, PwD/SC/ST category candidates are eligible for age relaxation. The maximum age limit is relaxed by 5 years for them.
- Minimum Education Qualifications
A Candidate wants to apply for NEST 2018 must have passed in senior secondary (12th) examination or equivalent with at least 3 subjects among Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology from any recognized central/state board in India with 60% marks in aggregate (55% for SC/ST/PwD candidates).
Note – candidates opting for relaxation in age or educational qualifications need to produce supporting category certificate at the time of admission.
NEST 2018 Application Fee and Mode Of Payment
The male candidates of OBC/General categories have to pay a fee of Rs 1000/- as their application fee. On the other hand, all female applicants and candidates of SC/ST/PwD categories have to pay a fee of Rs 500/- as their application fee. All the candidates have to make payment online using a national debit/credit card/net banking.
NEST 2018 Application Form and Process
For NEST 2018, online application forms are available on NEST 2018 official website. To apply, candidates need to fill and submit online application only. There is no other mode of application submission.
How To Apply For NEST 2018?
- Open NEST 2018 official website
- Before clicking ‘Apply online’ button/tab, click ‘how to apply’
- Read ‘NEST 2018 – Online Registration and Application’ instructions properly
- Go back and now click ‘Apply online’ button
- You need to click ‘Get Registered’ link for new registration (sign-up)
- On clicking ‘Get Registered’ link, you will be landed on a new page where you have to fill few ‘Personal details’ to get yourself registered such as your Full Name (As in Class – X Certificate), Date of Birth, 10th Roll No./Registration No, Gender, Mobile No, confirm Mobile No, email id, and confirm email id
- Enter captcha code and click ‘Register’ button
- On clicking ‘Register’ button, you will immediately receive an Email at your provided e-mail ID with link for login page and login credentials. Along with this, you will also receive an SMS on your provided mobile number with login/user ID and password
- After all this, you will become a NEST 2018 registered user
- Now click ‘login’ button (only for registered users)
- You will be landed on a new page (candidate login page) where you have to enter user id and password in their respective fields
- Click ‘Login’ button
- After logged into your account, you have to fill ‘Exam City Preference’ field by selecting a town/city from the dropdown menu. You can select up to 5 towns/cities
- Click ‘Save and Next’
- Now, enter your ‘Educational Qualification Details’
- Upload passport size image and signature of size not more than 80 kb.
- Pay your application fee online and click ‘I agree’ button
- Click ‘Submit’
- Take a print out of your final submitted online application
List of documents needed
- Valid email address and working mobile number
- 10th mark sheet or certificate to fill personal details in online registration form
- Scanned copies of signature and passport image of size not more than 80 kb
- Debit/credit card/net banking details to pay fee online
NEST 2018 Exam Pattern
NEST 2018 examination will be a CBT (computer based test) and contains 5 sections of multiple type questions. SECTION I will consist of general MCQs of 30 marks. SECTION I will be also known as general section. SECTION II, III, IV, & V also contains MCQs from specific subjects (Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology) and each section is of 50 marks. A candidate is allowed to attempt as many subject sections as s/he wish.
NEST 2018 Syllabus
- SECTION I General section will contain MCQs on the major historical events/milestones in biology, mathematics, computer science, physics, chemistry, environment and astronomy. Questions in this section aim to test applicant’s aptitude, quantitative and qualitative skills.
- SECTION II Biology will contain MCQs from the following topics- cell biology, Genetics & Evolution, ecology, humans & environment, biotechnology, Biology of Animal systems, circulatory system, excretory system, nervous system, reproductive system, developmental biology, immunology, biology of Plant systems, Plant breeding & tissue culture, Binomial nomenclature, familiarity with taxa, and principles of classical & new systematics etc.
- SECTION III Chemistry will contain MCQs from the following topics- Measurements in chemistry, mole concept, polymers, amino acids & proteins, carbohydrate, amines, carboxylic acids, ketones & aldehydes, ethers, phenols, alcohols, haloarenes, haloalkanes (Alkyl halides), aromatic compounds, alkynes & alkenes, alkanes, nomenclature, isomerism, reactive intermediates, basic concepts of organic Chemistry, metals & metallurgy, coordination compounds, p, d & f-block elements, classification of elements & periodicity in properties, surface chemistry, solutions, solid state, chemical kinetics, electrochemistry, Chemical equilibrium, thermodynamic states, atomic structure & chemical bonding, gaseous & liquid states etc.
- SECTION IV Mathematics will contain MCQs from the following topics- vectors, integral calculus, differential calculus, analytical geometry, trigonometry, logarithms & their properties, relations between roots & coefficients, geometric interpretations, permutations & combinations, symmetric functions of roots, quadratic equations with real coefficients, triangle inequality, cube roots of unity etc.
- SECTION V Physics will contain MCQs from the following topics- Photoelectric effect, modern physics, optics, electromagnetic induction, capacitance, dimensional analysis, electric field & potential, Coulomb’s & Gauss’s laws & their application in simple cases, thermal physics, mechanical & sound waves, pressure in a fluid, conservation of angular momentum, least count, significant figures, parallel & perpendicular axes theorems, centripetal acceleration & centrifugal force, Graphical representation & interpretation of data, measurement of length, potential difference, current, resistance, time, mass, temperature etc.
NEST 2018 Admit Card
From 25th April 2018, candidates can download NEST 2018 Admit cards from online application portal. All the candidates have to bring admit card along with their identity card to the examination centre. To download NEST 2018 admit card, you need to follow few below-mentioned simple steps.
- Go to the NEST 2018 official website
- Click ‘Login’ link/button
- Login into your account
- Click and find ‘Download admit card’ section
- Download and take a print out of admit card
- Hit ‘Logout’ button
- Exit from NEST 2018 website
NEST 2018 Examination Centers
As per the examination conducting officials, NEST 2018 will be held in more than 100 examination centers across India. Name of NEST 2018 test centres are as follows- Siliguri, Kolkata, Coimbatore, Hooghly, Rayagada, Khurda, Jharsuguda, Meerut, Chennai, Mangalore, Alappuzha, Hubballi, Bengaluru, Lucknow, Kanpur, Allahabad, Imphal, Pune, Coimbatore, Mumbai, Greater Noida, Shimla, Kasaragod, Raipur, Gwalior, Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Angul, Kollam, Nellore, Amritsar, Mysuru, Jammu, Warangal, Salem, Madurai, Kozhikode, Bhuj, Srinagar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Jaipur, Kannur, Ernakulam, Guntur, Chirala, Patna, New Delhi.
NEST 2018 Result
NEST 2018 examination conducting authorities will announce NEST 2018 result on NEST official website on 18th June 2018. All the NEST 2018 appearing candidates can check their results online on the prescribed date.
NEST 2018 Cut-Off
On the basis of all candidates’ performance, final cut-off marks will be set by exam conducting authorities. Cut-off marks will be prepared on total score of general section and best 3 scores in subject sections.