NIACL AO 2021 Recruitment [Prelims And Mains Syllabus, Download Admit Card, Cut Off, Salary] : The New India Assurance Company Ltd. will recruit eligible candidates for 312 Officers (Generalist & Specialists) posts in Scale I cadre. NIACL AO notification 2021 will be released soon.
Candidates who want to secure an Officer post in the New India Assurance Company Ltd. should apply after going through the important details such as no. of vacancies, eligibility & service conditions, how to apply, application fee, payment of fees, selection procedure, download of call letters, dates of examination, result, cut off etc.
NIACL abbreviated as the New India Assurance Company Ltd. is a leading general insurance company in India having head office at Mumbai. NIACL operates in 28 countries including Japan, the Philippines, New Zealand etc. The company has nearly 2200 offices and more than seventeen thousand employees. To know more about the New India Assurance Company Ltd., visit its official website.
NIACL AO 2021 Official Notification
NIACL AO 2021 Official notification will be released by NIACL to recruit 312 Officers (Generalist & Specialists) in Scale I cadre. This recruitment event will be held across India at various examination centres on scheduled dates. NIACL AO 2021 Phase I & Phase II examinations will be conducted online followed by a Phase III interview.
Download NIACL AO 2021 Official Notification Here!
NIACL AO 2021 Number Of Vacancies
As per NIACL AO notification, a total number of vacancies is 312. Out of which, 245 vacancies are of ‘Generalists’ post and rest 67 vacancies are of Specialists Officers. For more details, please have a look at the below table
Post Vacancies Generalists officers 245 SO in Finance & Accounts 35 SO in Legal 30 SO in Company Secretary 02 Total 312
NIACL AO 2021 Important Dates
|Examination Name||NIACL Administrative Officers (Generalist & Specialists) in Scale I cadre 2021|
|Examination conducted by||The New India Assurance Company Ltd.|
|Notification released on||To be notified|
|Starting date to fill the form online||To be notified|
|Last date to fill the form online||To be notified|
|Mode of Phase I & II examinations||Online|
|Call letters for preliminary examination||To be notified|
|Phase I Preliminary examination||To be notified|
|Prelim Results||To be notified|
|Main exam call letters||To be notified|
|Phase II Main examination||To be notified|
|Result||To be notified|
|Call letters for Phase III interview||To be notified|
|Interview||To be notified|
|Final result declaration||To be notified|
|Examination centers||All over India (major towns or cities)|
|Apply online||NIACL’s website (https://www.newindia.co.in)|
NIACL AO 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- Should be an Indian Citizen or a subject of either Bhutan or Nepal (OR)
- A Tibetan refugee living in India since Jan 01, 1962 (OR)
- An Indian origin person migrated from Sri Lanka, Burma, Pakistan, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Ethiopia, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire to settle in India.
Note – Candidates other than Indian citizens will have to produce a certificate of eligibility whenever asked. The certificate must be issued by the Government of India.
Age Limit and Relaxation
As on Dec 01, 2021, a candidate must be at least 21 years old but not more than 30 years i.e. a candidate should born between 2nd Dec 1989 to 1st Dec 1998. However, relaxation in maximum age limit shall be applicable for the candidates of special categories. Relaxation in upper age limit shall be applicable as given in the below table
|S.No.||Category name||Age relaxation (in years)|
|4||Confirmed employees of government based general insurance companies||8|
|5||Candidates living in J&K between Jan 01, 1980 - Dec 31, 1989||5|
Minimum Educational Qualifications
Candidates applying for NIACL Administrative Officers (Generalists posts) should have a bachelor’s degree in any stream from a recognized college/University or any equivalent qualification with minimum 60% marks (55% marks for PwD/SC/ST applicants). Candidates in graduation final year can also apply to this recruitment examination. However, at the time of final employment, they have to produce a passing certificate.
Candidates applying for Specialists posts should have the following minimum educational qualifications
For The Post Of Specialist Officer In
- Finance & Accounts – M.COM with min 60%* (OR) PGDM / MBA in Finance with 60%* (OR) CA (ICAI) along with Graduation / PG in any stream with min 60%* (OR) Cost & Management Accountant (The Institute of Cost Accountants of India, earlier known as ICWAI) along with Graduation / PG in any stream with min 60%*
- Legal – Graduate / PG in Law with min 60%*
- Company Secretary – ACS/FCS from ICSI along with Graduate / PG in any stream with min 60%* marks
* 55% Minimum qualifying marks for SC/ST/PwBD
NIACL AO 2021 Application Fee and Mode Of Payment
A candidate of General category/ OBC has to pay a fee of Rs 600/- as their application fee including intimation charges. But a candidate of SC/ST/PwD categories has to pay only Rs. 100/- as their intimation charges.
All the candidates have to pay their application fee and intimation charges through online by using internet banking and credit/debit card. Amount paid in other modes will not be accepted by NIACL officials.
- For SC/ST/PwD – Rs.100/-
- For General Category/ OBC & Others – Rs.600/-
Note – Bank charges will be applicable and to be paid by the applicant
NIACL AO 2021 Application Form and Process
Candidates have to apply online for NIACL AO 2021 examination and no other mode of application will be allowed or accepted by examination conducting authorities. Candidates have to complete their online application process in three steps-
- Step 1 – Application Registration
- Step 2 – Payment of Fees
- Step 3 – uploading documents (image & signature)
Online applications are now available on the website. The last date to go through the online registration process and for payment of application fees is Dec 26, 2021.
How To Apply For NIACL AO 2021 (scale-I/ Generalists) ?
- Open NIACL’s website in your browser
- Click the ‘Recruitment’ link available at the bottom of the website
- You will be landed on a new page known as ‘Recruitment’ page
- Before attempting an online application, you will be recommended to read a detailed advertisement by clicking the first link
- Find and click on link ‘Click Here To Apply Online’; this link is available under ‘Recruitment of Administrative Officers 2021’
- Now, you have to hit ‘Click here for New Registration’ button
- Input the required details such as your name, email ID & mobile number
- Hit ‘Submit’ button
- Immediately, you will get a temporary system-generated Registration Number along with password on the screen on your computer;
- At the same time, you will also receive the same system-generated registration Number & password on your provided mobile number & email address
- Now, you have to login into your online account with the system-generated registration Number & password
- Fill the remaining details
- Don’t forget to cross-check all your details as you cannot change/edit them later
- Click ‘FINAL SUBMIT’ button
- Now, upload documents in the same format prescribed by NIACL
- Now, pay your fee online and take a print out of e-receipt
- Also, take a print out of your application because you might need it in future
Necessary Documents Needed To Apply Online
- Valid personal mobile no. & email ID
- Scanned copies of photograph, & signature, left thumb impression and a handwritten declaration as per the required specifications
- Internet banking and credit/debit card details to pay the fee online
Specifications For Scanning Documents
Left Thumb Impression
- Should be taken by the applicant, not by any other person on a white paper using either blue or black ink
- File size should be between 20 kb – 50 kb with dimensions 3 cm * 3 cm or 240 x 240 pixels in 200 DPI
- File type should be either jpg or jpeg
- Should be a passport-sized colour photo having dimensions 200 x 230 pixels and size between 20 kb – 50 kb
- The face of the candidate in a photograph should be clearly visible and taken against white or any light-coloured background
- Signature should be taken on white paper using black ink pen only and not be taken in CAPITAL LETTERS
- Candidates must use the same text for the hand-written declaration as given in NIACL AO 2021 official notification
- should be written by the applicant only but not in CAPITAL LETTERS
- File size should be between 50 kb – 100 kb with dimensions 10 cm * 5 cm or 800 x 400 pixels in 200 DPI
- File type should be either jpg or jpeg
NIACL AO 2021 Exam Pattern
NIACL AO 2021 Exam will be conducted in 3 stages namely Prelim, Main Examination, and Interview
Stage I – Preliminary Examination
- It will be an online objective test to assess candidates’ knowledge in English language, Reasoning Ability, and Quantitative aptitude.
- Stage I or prelim question paper will contain three sections of a maximum of 100 marks.
- Candidates will get one hour to solve all the three sections.
- Except for the English section, rest two sections will be available in both English and Hindi languages.
- Prelims examination is of qualifying in nature, a candidate has to secure above the sectional cutoff along with overall cutoff to be eligible to appear in the Main examination. The marks secured in the prelim exam will not be considered for the final merit list.
|Section No.||Section name||Maximum marks|
Stage II – Main Examination
- Candidates qualified in Phase I Preliminary examination will be shortlisted and called for the main examination to be held in online mode.
- Stage II or mains question paper will contain both objective (200 marks) and subjective (30 marks) questions.
- The objective test will be of 2 hours duration and pattern of examination will be different for both the posts i.e. Generalists and Specialists
|Section No.||Section name||Maximum marks|
Section No. Section name Maximum marks 1 Reasoning 40 2 Quantitative Aptitude 40 3 General Awareness 40 4 English Language 40 5 This section will have MCQs from respective stream / discipline to evaluate candidate’s professional & technical knowledge in the relevant discipline 40 Total (Aggregate) 200
- After completion of the Objective Test, candidates will have to answer the descriptive test of 30 minutes duration.
- It will be for 30 marks and have questions on ‘Letter Writing (10 Marks)’ and ‘Essay Writing (20 Marks)’.
- It is necessary for candidates to qualify a descriptive test but marks obtained in descriptive test will not be counted for an interview or final selection.
Stage III – Interview
After completion of Stage II examination i.e. main examination, the company will prepare a list of shortlisted candidates. Those shortlisted candidates will be called for an Interview to be organized by the examination conducting authority.
Note – Penalty of 0.25 marks for wrong answers is applicable to both Stage I & II examination
NIACL AO 2021 Section-wise Syllabus
- Quantitative Aptitude – MCQs asked on the following topics- pictorial graph, bar graph, HCF, LCM, data interpretation, percentage, average, profit & loss, area, investment, problem on ages, work, time & speed etc.
- Numerical Ability and reasoning – Quadratic equations, number series, syllogisms, circular & linear seating arrangement, data interpretation, arithmetic (miscellaneous), data sufficiency, mathematical inequality, puzzle, input – output, verbal reasoning, coding & decoding, inequalities, simplification/approximation etc.
- English Language – Double filters, error reorganization, sentence correction, cloze test, sentence connector, para jumbles, para completion, reading comprehension, idiom-phrase/odd one out etc.
- General Awareness – Banking insurance & financial, national & international current affairs, static GK, common abbreviations, sports, etc.
NIACL AO 2021 Call Letters
The examination conducting authority or NIACL will issue individual admit cards for Stage I, II examinations and interview. Applicants will have to download their admit cards from the company’s website. Candidates note down that no one will be allowed to appear in the examination without a valid admit card.
How To Download NIACL AO 2021 Admit Card ?
- Open NIACL’s website @ www.newindia.co.in
- Find and click the “Recruitment” link given at the bottom of the website
- Find and click “CALL LETTER FOR RECRUITMENT OF NIACL Administrative Officers (scale-I/ Generalists) 2021” link
- Now, enter the required details like “Registration Number” and “Date of Birth/ Password”
- Click the “Submit” button
- Take a print out of your admit card
NIACL AO 2021 Exam Centers For Stage I- Preliminary Examination (Expected)
NIACL will conduct Stage I preliminary examination at several examination centers located in different towns/cities in India. Names of Stage I preliminary examination centers are- Port Blair, Kakinada, Kurnool, Guntur, Chirala, Chittoor, Puttur, Agra, Aligarh, Agartala, Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Bareilly, Chennai, Vellore, Amritsar, Sangrur, Gangtok, Namakkal, Cuttack, Kohima, Aizawl, Imphal, Satara, Sangli, Ratnagiri, Pune, Nasik, Kolhapur, Aurangabad, Amaravati, Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur, Sagar, Trichur, Kozhikode, Ujjain, Mangalore, Samba, Dharamshala, Hamirpur, Mandi, Una, Panaji, Verna, Surat, Surat, Chandigarh, Arrah, Itanagar, Tezpur, Bihar etc.
Note – NIACL Administrative Officers 2021 Examination centres for Stage II will be limited and disclosed by the company after conducting Stage I examination successfully. Later, the company will conduct the interview at a few centres.
NIACL AO 2021 Result
NIACl AO 2021 Results will be announced on the official website of NIACL. Firstly, the company will release Stage I Prelims results.
- To check Stage I result, a candidate has to visit NIACL official website.
- If he/she will qualify in Stage I examination then s/he has to appear in the Stage II examination.
- Like Stage I, the company will also release & publish Stage II exam results and the final results on its official website.
NIACL AO 2021 Cut Off (Final Selection)
The NIACL will release final cut off marks along with result declaration on the basis of all candidates’ performance. On the basis of Stage II Main examination & Interview scores, candidates will be shortlisted for final selection for the posts of Administrative Officers in the New India Assurance Company Ltd.
- Prelims are of qualifying in nature, the candidate needs to score sectional and overall cut off as decided by NIACL to qualify for Stage II.
- Candidates need to score cut off marks as decided by NIACL in Stage II to qualify for Stage III.
- Candidates must score above the prescribed cut off in Stage II & III together to be considered for final appointment.
NIACL AO 2021 | FAQs
Q. I Have A Graduation Degree In Commerce. Can I Apply For Post ‘Generalist Officer’?
A. Yes, you can apply. Candidates having a degree in any stream are eligible to apply for posts ‘Generalist Officer’.
Q. What Is The Last Date For Payment Of Application Fees?
A. The last date for payment of application fees is Dec 26, 2021.
Q. What Are The Minimum Qualifications Needed To Apply For So In Legal?
A. Candidates must have graduated and post-graduated in Law with min 60% marks (55% for ST / SC / PwD).