OICL AO Recruitment 2020 – Apply Online, Exam Date : The Oriental Insurance Company Limited will recruit nearly 300 Administrative Officers in Scale I cadre. It is expected that OICL Administrative Officers (scale-I) 2020 official notification will be released in the upcoming months. On the basis of available information, here we are going to explain few important things about this examination such as important dates, eligibility criteria, application fee & process, admit card, result, cut-off etc.
The Oriental Insurance Company Limited (OICL) is a leading general insurance company in India with head office at the heart of the nation i.e., New Delhi. The company has more than 1800 branches spread across the country. The company also has its wings in Dubai, Kuwait, and Nepal as well.
OICL AO 2020 (Scale-I) Important Dates
|Examination conducted by||Oriental Insurance Company Limited|
|Examination Name||OICL Administrative Officers (scale-I) 2020|
|Essential Qualification||Different for each post|
|Examination type||Recruitment examination for the post of Administrative Officers (scale-I) in OICL|
|Starting date to fill the form online||Will be notified soon|
|Last date to fill the form online||Will be notified soon|
|Admit card download||Will be notified soon|
|Preliminary examination||Will be notified soon|
|Downloading of call letters for preliminary examination||Will be notified soon|
|Main examination||Will be notified soon|
|Downloading of call letters for main exam||Will be notified soon|
|Interview||Will be notified soon|
|Final result declaration||Will be notified soon|
|Examination centers||all over India (major towns or cities)|
|Apply online on||OICL’s website (https://orientalinsurance.org.in/)|
OICL AO 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Age Limit and Relaxation
On 31st Aug 2020, a candidate should be at least 21 years old but not more than 30 years. Relaxation in maximum age limit is applicable and shall be provided to candidates of special categories. To know more, please have a look at below-given table.
|S.No.||Category name||Age relaxation (in years)|
|4||Existing employees of public sector general insurance companies||8|
Minimum Educational Qualifications
For the posts of OICL Administrative Officer, minimum educational qualification is given in below table
|Post name||Minimum qualification||Number of Posts|
|Generalist||Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized college/University with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST)||223|
|Legal||Law degree from a recognized University with 60% marks (55% for SC/ST)|| 30|
|Engineers (Automobile)||PG/graduation in engineering with automobile engineering as a subject from a recognized University with 60% marks (55% for SC/ST)||15|
|Actuaries||Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized college/University with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST) & |
Passed in 4 actuarial Papers from Institute and Faculty of Actuary, UK (IFoA) or Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI)
|Accounts||MBA (Finance) with 55% from a recognized University with 60% marks (55% for SC/ST) OR|
Cost and Management Accountant (The Institute of Cost Accountants of India) OR
Chartered Accountants (ICAI) OR
M.Com. from a recognized University with 60% marks (55% for SC/ST)
Note – Above mentioned number of vacancies is tentative.
OICL AO 2020 Application Fee and Mode Of Payment
Candidates of SC/ST/PwD categories have to pay only intimation charges. There is no application fee for SC/ST/PwD candidates. However, other candidates have to pay a fee of Rs 600/- as their application fee including intimation charges.
All the candidates have to pay their fee online through a debit/credit card, internet banking, IMPS, and cash cards/mobile wallets. On successful completion of the online fee payment, candidates will get an auto-generated e-Receipt. Also, candidates have to pay bank transaction charges (if applicable).
Note – Payment will not be refunded under any circumstances
OICL AO 2020 Application Form and Process
All the candidates are informed that only online application will be accepted by examination conducting authority. Therefore, each candidate has to fill and submit online application available on OICL’s website. To submit online application successfully, candidates have to complete their application in three steps
- Step 1- Application Registration
- Step 2- Fees submission/payment
- Step 3- Uploading of documents (image & signature)
How To Apply For OICL AO 2020?
- Visit the official website; open ‘Careers’ link available under ‘Miscellaneous’ heading or click here
- Click “APPLY ONLINE” link
- Now, you have to register your application, so click “Click here for New Registration” tab
- Enter your name, email id and contact details
- Hit ‘Submit’ button
- Now, you will see a provisional system-generated registration number along with password; note it down somewhere very carefully as you need it later to login into your account
- You will also receive the same through email and SMS
- Now, login into your account with the same auto-generated registration number and password
- Now, fill the remaining details
- Cross-check all the details
- You can also verify your details by clicking ‘Validate your details’ button
- Click ‘FINAL SUBMIT’ button
- Upload scanned copies of image and signature in the format outlined by OICL
- Click ‘Payment’ tab
- Pay your fee online and take a print out of e-receipt
- Click on ‘Submit’ button
- Take a print out of your final submitted application
Documents Needed to Apply Online
- A valid personal mobile number & email address
- Scanned copies of signature & PP size photo in the same format specified by OICL
- Credit/debit card or internet banking details to pay fee online
OICL AO 2020 Exam Pattern
Stage I- Preliminary Examination
Preliminary examination will be a computer based test (CBT) and paper will be divided into 3 sections- English language, Reasoning Ability and quantitative aptitude.
|Section name||Maximum marks||Time duration|
|reasoning ability||35||One hour|
Stage II- Main Examination
1. Objective test for generalists
|Section name||Maximum marks||Time duration|
2. Objective test for Specialists
|Section name||Maximum marks||Time duration|
3. Descriptive test for both Specialists and Generalists
It will be a test of English language (Essay writing-20 marks & Letter Writing-10marks). Time duration of this test will be 30 minutes.
Stage III – Interview
Stage II i.e. main examination qualifying candidates will be called for interview. Interview’s venue and date will be intimate by the company through SMS/email. Intimation letter will be sent only to the Stage II qualified candidates.
Note – Penalty of ¼ marks for wrong answers is applicable to both prelims and mains examination
OICL AO 2020 Section-wise Syllabus
- Quantitative Aptitude – Objective type questions will be asked from the following topics- HCF, LCM, problem on ages, average, profit & loss, pictorial graph, bar graph, data interpretation, percentage, work, area, investment, time & speed etc.
- Numerical Ability & reasoning – Mathematical inequality, coding & decoding, syllogisms, quadratic equations, number series, puzzle, input – output, verbal reasoning, data interpretation, circular & linear seating arrangement, data sufficiency, inequalities, simplification/approximation etc.
- English Language – Cloze test, double filters, reading comprehension, error reorganization, sentence correction, idiom-phrase/odd one out, sentence connector, paragraph jumbles/completion etc.
- General awareness – Static GK, common abbreviations, sports, banking insurance & financial, national & international current affairs etc.
OICL AO 2020 Call letters
To download call letters, candidates have to visit OICL’s website before few weeks from the date of examination. The company will issue separate admit cards for both online tests- prelim and main examinations. Once call letters released, the company will intimate candidates through SMS/email.
How To Download Call Letter?
- Open OICL’s website @ https://orientalinsurance.org.in/
- Find and click “Careers” link available under ‘Miscellaneous’ heading
- Find and click “Call Letter For Recruitment Of Administrative Officers (scale-I) 2020” link
- Fill the required details such as “Registration Number” & “DOB/ Password”
- Hit “Submit” tab
- Take a print out of your call letter
OICL AO 2020 Exam Date & Centers
OICL AO exam date will be disclosed soon by OICL. It is expected that OICL will hold Stage I i.e. preliminary examination in several cities across the nation. Names of few cities where Stage I examination will be held are Chirala, Chittoor, Amritsar, Sangrur, Gangtok, Kurnool, Guntur, Puttur, Kakinada, Aizawl, Imphal, Satara, Agra, Aligarh, Agartala, Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Ujjain, Mangalore, Itanagar, Tezpur, Bareilly, Chennai, Vellore, Samba, Dharamshala, Arrah, Port Blair, Sangli, Ratnagiri, Namakkal, Cuttack, Kohima, Pune, Nasik, Amaravati, Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur, Sagar, Thrichur, Aurangabad, Hamirpur, Mandi, Kozhikode, Kolhapur, Una, Bihar etc.
OICL AO 2020 Result
Firstly, the company will declare Stage I (prelim exam) OICL AO result after few days from the date of examination. Stage I exam results will be declared on company’s official website. So, candidates are requested to check OICL’s website regularly after attempting Stage I examination. Date of Stage I result declaration will be notified after the examination.
OICL AO 2020 Cut-off
Final OICL AO cut-off marks will be announced after the result declaration and the same will be updated here.