RBI Assistant 2021 [Exa Date, Apply Online] : RBI Assistant 2021 Notification will be released on 23 December 2020 but has been delayed and the actual schedule will be notified. RBI Assistant Application Form 2021 will be available from 23 Dec 2020 and the last date of registration is 16 Jan 2021.
RBI Assistant 2021 exam will be conducted to recruit eligible aspirants for several vacancies of ‘Assistants’ available in different offices of the Reserve Bank of India. RBI Assistant 2021 Prelim exam is likely to be held on 14, 15, 20 February 2021.
- Reserve Bank of India will make a selection through a national level Preliminary and Main examination followed by a Language Proficiency Test (LPT).
- Interested candidates can apply online for RBI Assistant 2021 through the Bank’s website i.e. www.rbi.org.in.
- RBI Assistant Apply Online process will commence from 23 Dec 2020 and the last date will be 16 Jan 2021.
- Candidate must be aged between 20 to 28 and have a Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks in the aggregate to be eligible for RBI Assistant 2021.
- RBI Prelim exam will be held on 14, 15, 20 February 2021 and the Main exam will be held in March 2021.
- The final selected candidates will get a basic pay of Rs. 14650/- per month along with other allowances. The monthly Gross emolument will be Approx. Rs. 32,528/-.
Before applying online, they should go through the RBI Assistant advertisement to be published on the Bank’s website to know details such as important dates, eligibility criteria, no. of vacancies, application form & process, application fees & mode of payment, the scheme of selection, exam centers, pay scale, call letters, results, cut off, etc.
|Name of the Examination||Reserve Bank of India Assistant Recruitment 2021|
|Also known as||RBI Assistant 2021|
|Conducted by||Reserve Bank of India|
|RBI Assistant 2021 notification no.||To be released|
|RBI Assistant 2021 notification||23 December 2020|
|Post name||RBI Assistant|
|No. of vacancies||926|
|Registration Start Date||23 Dec 2020|
|Registration Last Date||16 Jan 2021|
|Examination fee submission||23 Dec 2020 - 16 Jan 2021|
|Selection Procedure||Preliminary and Main examination followed by a Language Proficiency Test (LPT)|
|Admit cards for Preliminary Exam||Feb 2021|
|Preliminary exam||14, 15,20 Feb 2021|
|Preliminary Exam result||March 2021|
|Admit cards for Main Exam||March 2021|
|Main exam||March 2021|
|Main Exam result||April 2021|
|Language Proficiency Test (LPT) shall be in||May 2021|
|Final results||To be notified|
|Official website / Apply online @||www.rbi.org.in|
RBI Assistant 2021 Notification
RBI Assistant 2021 Notification is expected to be released on 23 December 2020. Candidates must check the eligibility conditions and submit the online application before the last date of registration along with a fee to appear in the examination.
Download RBI Assistant 2021 Notification PDF
The Reserve Bank of India will recruit eligible candidates for 926 (tentative) posts of ‘Assistants’ in several offices of the Bank. Branch/office wise expected RBI Assistant no. of vacancies is mentioned in the below-given table.
|Branch / office||Vacancies|
|Kanpur & Lucknow||63|
|Thiruvananthapuram & Kochi||20|
Note – Further details on vacancies will be updated here after the release of the RBI Assistant 2021 notification.
RBI Assistant 2021 Eligibility Criteria (As on 1 Dec 2021)
RBI Assistant 2021 eligibility criteria in terms of Age, Educational qualifications are as follows.
An applicant must be a citizen of India.
On the assigned date i.e. 1st Dec 2020, the applicant should be at least 18 years old but not have obtained 28 years of age which means, the applicant must be born between 2 Dec 1992 to 1 Dec 2000.
Relaxation in Upper Age Limit
Relaxation in the upper age limit can be claimed by the applicant if s/he belongs to any reserved category. For further details, please have a look at below table
|Category||Relaxation in upper age limit|
|ST / SC||5 years|
|PWD||15 years (SC / ST)|
13 years (OBC)
10 years (Gen)
|Applicants with work experience in RBI||3 years|
|Divorced women/Widows/Women judicially separated and not re-married||10 years|
|Candidates lived in J&K state during 01 Jan 1980 to 31 Dec 1989||5 years|
Note– Applicants who want to claim relaxation in the upper age limit are required to produce copies of supportive documents (certificates) at the time of document verification.
- Applicant must have a Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks in the aggregate (no minimum marks for SC / ST / PWD candidates) and have a working knowledge of MS Office on PC.
- Applicants belonging to the ESM category should have either a bachelor’s degree from any recognized University or have passed class 10th or equivalent examination of the Armed forces with a minimum of 15 years of working experience in Indian Forces.
- The applicant should know how to speak, read, and write the regional language of the state from where s/he has applied for the Assistant post in RBI.
RBI Assistant 2021 Application Form & Process
The RBI Assistant 2021 application form will be available from 23 December 2021 after the release of official notification. RBI Assistant 2021 application forms will be available online on the Banks’ website www.rbi.org.in. Aspirants who are eligible and want to apply must apply on the Bank’s website before the last date of registration i.e., 16 Jan 2021.
RBI Assistant 2021 – How To Apply?
- Open RBI’s official website
- Find and click on the link ‘Opportunity’
- Read vacancy details and official advertisement
- Click on the link ‘Apply Online’
- You will see a new page having a registration link for new users and other details related to the post of ‘Assistant’
- Find and click on the link ‘Click here for New Registration’
- You will see a registration form; registration is mandatory for new users
- Enter your name, contact details, and email-id to register application
- Cross-check all the filled details then click on the ‘Submit’ tab
- Instantly, you will see a provisional registration number and password on the screen (note down carefully for future reference)
- Proceed further to fill details in the online application like father’s name, the examination you have passed, year of passing, etc.
- Validate your details then click on the tab ‘Save & Next’
- Now, upload scanned copies of your image & signature in the prescribed format
- Fill in other details of your online application
- Edit and make changes (if required) otherwise click on the ‘Final Submit’ tab
- Proceed further for payment of the fee by clicking on the ‘Payment’ tab
- Select any of the given payment options and make payment
- After payment, print your final submitted application form with a payment confirmation slip
RBI Assistant 2021 Application Fees & Mode of Payment
- No application fees/charges for staff applicants
- For EXS / PWD / SC / ST aspirants – Rs. 50/- (only intimation charges)
- For General / OBC applicants – Rs. 450/- (examination fee and intimation charges)
All the applicants are required to know that Application Fees / Intimation Charges are non-refundable and non-transferable. Along with application fees/intimation charges, applicants will also have to pay applicable bank transaction charges.
Applicants who are eligible for payment of application fees/intimation charges can use credit cards, mobile wallets/cash cards, debit cards (Maestro / Master Card / Visa / RuPay), IMPS, and internet banking service. After completing the payment process, they don’t forget to print the system generated e-receipt. In case of payment failure, no ‘e-receipt’ will be generated.
Documents Required to Apply
- Scanned Photograph (200X230 pixels, 20-50 Kb, JPG/JPEG)
- Scanned Signature (140X60 pixels, 10-20 Kb, JPG/JPEG)
- The photograph should be recent, passport-sized, and in color against light color background preferably white
- The signature should be in black ink on white paper
As per the guidelines issued by the Government of India, RBI will arrange pre-examination training for few candidates belonging to PWD / OBC / ST / SC categories. Candidates of the said categories who want to be a part of pre-examination training to be conducted at certain centers will have to write and send an application to the Regional Office of the RBI to whom they will be applying. Click here to get the format of the application for pre-exam training
RBI Assistant Exam Date
- RBI Assistant Prelim exam will be held on 14, 15, 20 February 2021.
- RBI Main Exam will be held in March 2021.
RBI Assistant 2021 Exam Pattern
The entire RBI Assistant Exam will consist of three stages,
- Preliminary examination
- Main examination
- Language Proficiency Test (LPT)
Stage 1 Preliminary Examination
- RBI Assistant Prelim exam will be an online objective test having three sections- English Language, Numerical Ability & Reasoning Ability.
- The total no. of questions in the prelim exam will be 100 of 100 maximum marks.
- The total time will be 60 minutes with a sectional time of 20 min for each section.
|Sections||No of Questions||Marks||Time Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 min|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 min|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 min|
Stage 2 Main Examination
- Examinees qualified in the Preliminary examination will be eligible for appearing in the Main examination.
- It will have 5 sections having objective type questions – Reasoning, English Language, Numerical Ability, General Awareness, and Computer Knowledge.
- Each section will have 40 MCQs, each of 1 mark. So, the total no. of questions in the main exam will be 200 of 200 maximum marks.
- The total time duration is 135 minutes with a sectional time of 30 minutes each for Reasoning, English Language, Numerical Ability, and 25 min for General Awareness, and 20 min for Computer Knowledge.
|Name of the section||Questions||Marks||Time|
- Both Preliminary & Main examination will be conducted online and available in English & Hindi (except the sections of the English language).
- It is necessary for applicants to qualify for both online tests.
- There will be a provision of negative marking in both the Preliminary & Main examinations. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
Stage 3 Language Proficiency Test (LPT)
After conducting the main examination, the bank will shortlist candidates and call them for a language proficiency test (LPT). This test will be held in the Local / Official Language of the State from where the candidate has applied.
The final selection of candidates for the post of Assistant in RBI will be done in order of merit available in the final merit list. The final merit list will be prepared after considering marks in the online main examination, biometric verification & LPT.
RBI Assistant Syllabus 2021
RBI Assistant Prelim and Main exam section-wise syllabus are given below.
RBI Assistant Prelim Syllabus
The RBI Assistant Prelim syllabus is as follows.
|Sections||Syllabus / topics|
|Reasoning Ability||Logical reasoning, syllogism, data sufficiency, coding / decoding, input / output, alphanumeric series, blood relations problems, tabulation, coded inequalities, ranking / direction / alphabet test, seating arrangement etc.|
|Numerical Ability||Simplification, simple interest & compound interest & surds & indices, data interpretation, work & time, sequence & series, profit & loss, number systems, mixtures & alligations, work & time, ratio & proportion, percentage, permutation, combination & probability, mensuration – cylinder, cone, sphere etc.|
|English Language||Fill in the blanks, reading comprehension, miscellaneous, para jumbles, paragraph completion, error spotting / multiple meaning, cloze test etc.|
RBI Assistant Main Syllabus
The RBI Assistant Main syllabus is as follows.
|Name of the section||Syllabus / topics|
|Numerical Ability||Pipe & cisterns, boats & streams, problem on Ages, ratio & proportion, partnership, time & distance, quadratic equation, simplification / approximation, data sufficiency, time & work, profit & loss, average, data interpretation, number series etc.|
|English Language||Reading comprehension, grammar, fill in the blanks, sentence improvement, word association, vocabulary, error spotting, cloze test, para-jumbles, verbal ability etc.|
|General Awareness||Banking & financial awareness, financial awareness, static awareness, general knowledge, national / international current affairs etc.|
|Computer Knowledge||Computer fundamentals / terminologies, operating system, computer hardware, keyboard shortcuts, networking, Microsoft office, computer abbreviation, internet etc.|
|Reasoning||Logical reasoning, data sufficiency, tabulation, coded inequalities, alphanumeric series, blood relations problems, ranking / direction / alphabet test, syllogism, coding / decoding, input / output, seating arrangement etc.|
RBI Assistant Selection Process
- The entire RBI Assistant selection process will consist of three stages, Prelim exam, Main exam, and Language Proficiency Test.
- Candidates will be called to appear in the RBI Assistant Prelim exam which is screening and qualifying in nature
- Candidates who have cleared the Prelim exam will be called for the Main exam.
- Candidates have to submit documents to the Regional office within 15 days from the publication of the Main result, no email/SMS will be sent in this regard.
- Such a number of candidates whose aggregate marks of the Main exam are high will be called for Language Proficiency Test based on vacancies.
- LPT is mandatory, candidates not proficient in the local language will be disqualified.
- Final selection will depend on performance in the online Main exam, qualifying LPT, Medical fitness, verification of certificates, Biometric Data, etc. to the Bank’s satisfaction.
- The final selection will be based on only the performance in the Main exam.
- The preliminary examination will be conducted at several examination centers across India such as Port Blair, Hazaribagh, Chennai, Chirala, Ranchi, Coimbatore, Bengaluru, Mangaluru, Hubli, Chittoor, Guntur, Hyderabad, Nellore, Salem, Kochi, Puttur, Karimnagar, Agartala, Agra, Bhopal, Jorhat, Tezpur, Indore, Bareilly, Allahabad, Arrah, Ujjain, Kanpur, Lucknow, Aurangabad, Patna, Dhule, Varanasi, Raipur, Nasik, Jamnagar, Surat, Sonipat, Amritsar, Kullu, Shimla, Una, etc.
- The main examination will be conducted at a few centers only.
RBI Assistant 2021 Salary
The final selected candidates will get a basic pay of Rs. 14650/- per month along with other allowances such as transport allowance, city compensatory, house rent allowance, dearness allowance, etc. Monthly gross emoluments will be Rs. 32,528/-.
Pay Scale Breakup: Basic Pay Rs. 14650/- per month (13,150/- plus two advance increments to Graduates), in the scale of Rs. 13150 – 750(3) – 15400 – 900(4) – 19000 – 1200(6) – 26200 – 1300(2) – 28800 –1480(3) – 33240 – 1750(1) – 34990 (20 years) + Other allowances.
Note: HRA will not be paid if bank accommodation is provided, the license fee will be recovered @0.3% pay at the starting pay scale of class 3.
RBI Assistant 2021 Call Letter
RBI will send intimation for downloading Assistant call letters for Preliminary and Main examination at candidates’ registered e-mail ID / mobile number. After that, candidates will have to open the website of RBI to download call letters. The entire process of downloading RBI Assistant call letters is given below.
- Open RBI’s website
- Click onoppurtunities@RBI
- Click on Current Vacancies and then Call Letters
- Click on Prelim/Main Call Letter
- Enter your registration no.
- Select your date of birth as a password
- Submit all the details
- You will see your call letter for online tests (Preliminary and Main)
- Download it
Documents for Exam
Along with the RBI assistant call letter, candidates will also have to bring their valid photo ID to the examination center (of both preliminary and main). In the examination hall, the candidate’s photo ID will be used for verification. Candidates whose identity will be in doubt will not be permitted to write the examination.
- Call Letter
- Valid Photo ID
RBI Assistant 2021 Result
RBI Assistant Result 2021 for Preliminary, Main examination & a Language Proficiency Test (LPT) will be displayed by Bank on its website. Candidates will have to search their results via their roll no. RBI will publish a list containing Roll No. of qualified candidates at each stage on its website. Candidates can find a Roll number to check whether they have qualified.
How To Check Result?
- Visit RBI Website
- Click on Opportunities @RBI at the footer of the website or click here
- Click on Current Vacancies and then on Results
- Click on Roll Nos of Prelim/ Main exam qualified candidates link
- Download and Check the roll no.
RBI Assistant 2021 Cut off
RBI Assistant examination cut off will be released region wise and category wise after the exam. Cut off marks will depend on several factors such as the number of candidates who appeared in the exam, the difficulty level of examination, vacancies, etc.
RBI Assistant 2017 Prelim cut off is given below for reference.
RBI Assistant Recruitment 2021 FAQs
Q. When RBI Assistant 2021 notification will be released?
A. RBI Assistant 2021 notification will be released on 23 Dec 2020 (tentative).
Q. What is RBI assistant salary?
A. An RBI assistant gets Rs. 14,650/- per month as the Basic Pay along with DA, HRA, etc. RBI assistant’s gross salary is Rs. 32,124/- per month.
Q. Is RBI assistant exam conducted every year?
A. Yes, the RBI Assistant exam is conducted once every year.
Q. In which mode applications will be accepted?
A. Eligible candidates must apply online on the website www.rbi.org.in. Applications submitted in any other mode will not be accepted.
Q. Is RBI Assistant a central government job?
A. Yes, RBI Assitant posts come under Central government jobs as RBI is an autonomous body of the Government of India.
Q. What is the date of the Online Preliminary Test?
A. RBI Assistant Prelim exam will be held on 14, 15, 20 Feb 2021.
Q. I’m a PIO currently residing in India. Am I eligible to apply for RBI Assistant recruitment 2021?
A. No. Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant in RBI.
Q. How many vacancies are available for the post of Assistant in RBI?
A. The number of vacancies of for RBI Assistant 2021 are 926 (tentative).
Q. Who will have to undergo a language proficiency test?
A. Candidates who qualify for the online main examination will have to undergo an LPT.
Q. Can I submit a request for a change of center for a preliminary examination?
A. No such requests will be entertained.
Q. What will be the documents required for applying online?
A. Before applying online, candidates should have the following documents – Scanned signature and photograph and Valid personal mobile number and email ID
Q. What will be the application fees for staff candidates?
A. There will be no application fees/intimation charges for staff candidates. They are exempted from payment of any type of amount.